PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for a base figure?

Actionfigures4teens
07-16-2014, 03:48 PM
I just bought another Baxter Stockman from the nick line. I chopped off his head and saving it. Does anyone have any ideas on a base I could use to make human Baxter Stockman? Really want a human Baxter to go with my mousers! Wasn't there someone on here who made a custom human Baxter? Looked on this site and can't find it anymore.

sanityattack
07-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Not sure what look you're going for, but there were at least two Dr Who figures that had lab coats. Dr Constantine was one I believe.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-16-2014, 06:17 PM
What about Vernon from the old line?

Powder
07-16-2014, 06:49 PM
His head is so damn small that it seems hardly worth bothering. Compared to the scale of the turtle figures, it'd make him the size of a child.

Actionfigures4teens
07-16-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm not talking about Baxter with a lab coat. I'm talking about Baxter from the new Nickelodeon series before he turned into a fly. He's black and has a pinkish shirt on. I'm looking for a good base figure to use to make human Baxter.

Have pics of the figures sanityattack?

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-16-2014, 09:24 PM
I'd use some sort of modeling material and just make a body for him.

Powder
07-16-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm not talking about Baxter with a lab coat. I'm talking about Baxter from the new Nickelodeon series before he turned into a fly. He's black and has a pinkish shirt on. I'm looking for a good base figure to use to make human Baxter.

I am fully aware, considering I know how to read. The head is tiiiiiny, bro.

sanityattack
07-17-2014, 05:59 AM
I am fully aware, considering I know how to read. The head is tiiiiiny, bro.

I think that was aimed at me. Guess I just assumed that at some point in the series he'd worn a lab coat.

Coro
07-17-2014, 01:39 PM
This kind of falls into custom figures doesnt it?

Might have better luck in the custom figure thread....

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

arkangel
07-17-2014, 07:24 PM
The head is tiiiiiny, bro.

Powder is 100% right. I wanted to use that head for a Baxter custom that would fit in with my NECA turtles and it's way too small. Maybe even smaller than the Marvel Legends 6 inch figures. :(

I have a few action figure head suggestions for you and my apologies in advance if this doesn't fit what you have in mind.
Green Lantern John Stewart
The Falcon (from Captain America)
Winston (from Ghostbusters) - having a sizable afro and a moustache makes this probably one of the better choices.

As for the body, there are probably numerous choices you could paint (pink sweater over a white dress shirt) I'll shoot you a pm if I can find a good match that would require minimal customizing.
Good luck with this. I look forward to seeing your custom. :)

Actionfigures4teens
07-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks Arkangel.

arkangel
07-20-2014, 11:19 PM
If looking for a figure with a dress shirt underneath a sweater, the NECA Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince might work. It would need a appropriate head of course, but the sweater and hands could be easily painted.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.asp?image=/NECA/HarryPotter/HBP-Malfoy/12.jpg

For human figures in the non-superhero category, I find that NECA has a good variety of characters that make for a good base. I also like the LOST figures by McFarlane Toys. Looking forward to your Nick Baxter. :)

raven6859
07-21-2014, 05:38 PM
What about Twitch from the Spawn line? This custom Baxter is perfect

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42808