PDA

View Full Version : Turtles Forever Pre-Screening Recording?

Yorae
07-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I remember back in 2009 there was a Turtles exclusive party sort of thing where the guests were treated to a Pre-screening of Turtles Forever. Someone at the time recorded the screening and posted it on the forums. It had a live reaction of the viewers to the movie.

I had the file years ago but I lost it. I'm wondering if anyone retained that recording? I'm interested in hearing the reactions.

CyberCubed
07-21-2014, 01:55 PM
I think Rosemary Reeve did that.

Jester
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Roseangelo made it. She might still have it.

I think Rosemary Reeve did that.
Yeah...what he said...

Yorae
07-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks, guys. I'll drop her a PM.

Edit: Found the recording on Roseangelo's Website :)

Netkeeper
07-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Mind linking me? I'm interested!

Roseangelo
07-21-2014, 08:18 PM

Go to my site and visit the Downloads section.

MikeandRaph87
07-21-2014, 08:38 PM

Here is Roseangelo's recording from that day. Remember she had to record it out of sight and its hard to really get an idea what is going on if you are not aware of voices specially the subsitute cast of the '87 cartoon characters.If you wish to mute it on Youtube and listen to it it could be interesting.
http://www.ninjapizza.net/2009/07/exclusive-turtles-forever-complete.html?m=1

evan2000
08-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Hi Roseangelo, hope you don't mind that I combined your recording with the animation for my own use, so I can view the actual footage together with the audio of the crowd response. If anyone would like to view the video, I have shared it at my Photobucket library (http://s893.photobucket.com/user/evan2000/library/Turtles%20Forever). Enjoy!

Roseangelo
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi Roseangelo, hope you don't mind that I combined your recording with the animation for my own use, so I can view the actual footage together with the audio of the crowd response. If anyone would like to view the video, I have shared it at my Photobucket library (http://s893.photobucket.com/user/evan2000/library/Turtles%20Forever). Enjoy!

For your own use means that you do not also upload it to the Internet. I would prefer that you deleted these files.

evan2000
08-25-2014, 08:49 PM
For your own use means that you do not also upload it to the Internet. I would prefer that you deleted these files.
Alright, sorry about that. I have made the library private.

sdp
08-25-2014, 10:41 PM

What!? For the file that you illegally recorded and released on the internet? All before the actual movie came out? Jesus. Talk about self-entitlement.

Netkeeper
08-25-2014, 11:31 PM
It's not self-entitlement. It's her recording, her right.

CyberCubed
08-25-2014, 11:44 PM
I don't see why this matters now....6 years after the movie aired.

Roseangelo
08-26-2014, 12:26 AM
What!? For the file that you illegally recorded and released on the internet? All before the actual movie came out? Jesus. Talk about self-entitlement.

There was actually nothing illegal about my recording. And as stated, my recording.

You hate me, we get it. :sleep:

evan2000
08-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Well, the purpose of the recording is for the crowd response, not the movie audio, and this is probably the only recording available, ever. Thanks to Roseangelo that we even have this!

Which is why I'm returning the favor to the fanbase, spending hours cleaning up the audio and keeping it in sync with the video frames (sounds straightforward but it's a very tough and tedious work, requiring tons of technical knowledge and very good hearing), and hoping to share with all of you, considering the effort I have put into good use. I'm not using this for any commercial purpose, just sharing for free.

However I do respect Roseangelo's view that it is not appropriate for the full length video to be made public on the internet, in the open, just like that. I also just noticed the full copy of Turtles Forever that had been on YouTube for several years was already taken down too. I guess these things have been taken more seriously now that Nick owned the entire franchise, including Turtles Forever.

I own an original Turtles Forever DVD which I legally bought from Australia, therefore it is uncut and completely identical to the SDCC 2009 version. This is why I was able to obtain the complete footage to match the audio recording frame-by-frame. Regardless I still do not own the rights to the video, nor the audio from Roseangelo. I may get myself into trouble too if I share it openly.

That being said, I am still willing to share the video to anyone who wants it. I simply wish to make my effort worthwhile by having more people enjoy it. Please leave me a PM if any of you wants access to the content. Thanks and hopefully everyone is in good terms now!

cup-mikey-gertha
08-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Cool. I'll check on the recording, too. I'm very interested to see the fans' reactions. Thanks.

sdp
08-26-2014, 10:13 PM
How is it not illegal? If I record the audio of the new movie in the theater you can bet I'll be getting in trouble, this isn't some SDCC trailer leak but the audio of the whole movie. You don't own that just because it has the "crowd reaction".

I don't hate anyone on this forum, in fact I liked seeing your posts when you posted more often on this forum years ago. It's only coincidence we recently butted heads recently, the first one was just a random history of the Drome that I decided to post because I was reminded of it and this one because it's straight up BS that you claim ownership of a copyrighted work.

Roseangelo
08-26-2014, 11:13 PM
I do own the recording. Period. It's not a DVD rip. It's an open air recording made with my device. It has been openly online for over five years with the disclaimer that we were never told we couldn't record anything at the event (companies are not shy about telling you what you can't record during any Comic-Con event) and that I would remove it if I was sent a request to. I've never gotten such a request. And yes, I do get requests to remove things.

Coola Yagami
09-24-2014, 08:30 PM
I still can't believe they released the cut up made for tv version instead of the uncut original release on DVD. I honestly never heard of something that stupid. It's like releasing the tv cut version of ghostbusters on DVD instead of the cinematic version.

CyberCubed
09-24-2014, 09:30 PM
I still can't believe they released the cut up made for tv version instead of the uncut original release on DVD. I honestly never heard of something that stupid. It's like releasing the tv cut version of ghostbusters on DVD instead of the cinematic version.

Its even more baffling because the uncut version was released in the UK and I think Australia too. And with the correct cover art.

Netkeeper
09-25-2014, 12:55 AM
Just another way 2k3 fans have been screwed over. lmao, it doesn't matter who owns Turtles, they're just going to continue rubbing our faces in their messes.

evan2000
09-25-2014, 05:25 AM
hey guys, I'm new here, I joined because of how awesome this thread is, its compiled with lots of useful information. I have a question though, I apologize if the answer is already here I haven't been able to find it:

Is the Australian DVD of Turtles Forever the same as the UK DVD in Picture Quality? The Australian can easily be ordered still, the UK is very expensive, just wondering if there were actual differences in quality. Thanks for any help!

the US one is so bad I can't even bring myself to buy it at it's super low prices. I ordered two from Australia figured maybe someone here with the UK version could have it for comparison, of it no one was interested maybe a trusted member of the board here could work up some way to give it away to those that would want a free copy.

Got this in today from JB, never expected it to arrive so quickly. Anyone with the UK DVD interested in a free copy of the Australian version to compare PQ to?

For those of you in US, I think we have a new member who is willing to give away a free copy of the Australian Turtles Forever DVD. I owned one myself, and I can guarantee it is the uncut version.