PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Movie Game on iOS!

Ninjinister
05-16-2014, 04:19 PM
CV: Do you have a favorite TMNT video game?

TW: Well, I just finished writing a script for one that’s yet to be announced, so I’m a bit partial to that one. For now, however, I’m sworn to secrecy, so to quote Forrest Gump, that’s all I have to say about that.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-celebrating-tmnts-30th-anniversary/1100-148776/

Interesting. Is this an IDW Turtles game (doubtful)? 30th anniversary celebratory game, a 2012 game sequel, the movie game, or what, I wonder?

Donatello19
05-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Ooh, a 30th anniversary game would be great!

CyberCubed
05-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Since Activision still has the license and their track record so far has been two terrible games, (the Nick game on Wii/3DS and the horrid "Out of the Shadows" with dinosaur nostrils), I'm not expecting much.

Besides I figured the third game would be based on the movie, but maybe it isn't?

slingtheory
05-16-2014, 08:48 PM
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-celebrating-tmnts-30th-anniversary/1100-148776/

Interesting. Is this an IDW Turtles game

I certainly hope so.

Since Activision still has the license and their track record so far has been two terrible games, (the Nick game on Wii/3DS and the horrid "Out of the Shadows" with dinosaur nostrils), I'm not expecting much.

Besides I figured the third game would be based on the movie, but maybe it isn't? I know you don't like the oots designs cubed and I agree to disagree with you on that but you gotta admit there were lot of great ideas in the game that have potential. Different fighting styles based on personality and weapon, some focus on teamwork , upgradeable skill trees, stat buffs the turtles can share with each other, and a little fan service on top of it all. I see it as a step in the right direction and I wouldn't mind at all if this new game whatever it is took some inspiration from it.

Powder
05-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Good concepts mean jack when the execution sucks.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
05-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Tom Waltz behind the whole thing must be some sort of clue ...

slingtheory
05-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Good concepts mean jack when the execution sucks.
That's why I'm hoping for a game that takes those concepts and execute them better. Although I don't think what redfly did with them was that bad just could've used more time in the oven

bmxbandit
05-18-2014, 06:56 PM
That's why I'm hoping for a game that takes those concepts and execute them better. Although I don't think what redfly did with them was that bad just could've used more time in the oven

i agree. red fly had some really great ideas and did a great job for the price and for a smaller scale game. in fact i'm still playing through trying to completely level up my turtles as well as collect all the trophies. so i've really enjoyed it but i can only imagine if they would've polished things up a bit longer it would've been perfect.

Tazi
05-19-2014, 07:11 AM
The possible main reason why OotS is unpolished/unfinished, because their publisher (Activision) forced them to finish it for a ridicolous deadline.

Besides it's still better then most of the trash Ubisoft made for TMNT games.

Ninjinister
05-19-2014, 09:34 AM
The possible main reason why OotS is unpolished/unfinished, because their publisher (Activision) forced them to finish it for a ridicolous deadline.

And then they sat on a PSN release for almost a year and released it unpolished and unoptimized :|

nimajneb
05-19-2014, 09:56 AM

Couldn't have said it any better, I loved and still love oots.

Cure
05-19-2014, 03:52 PM

Don't even try to blame Activision. It's exactly like Ninjinister said.

DevilSpooky
05-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Don't even try to blame Activision. It's exactly like Ninjinister said.

Yeah, lets not blame Activision, one of the most hated software houses on the industry, know for releasing hundreds of games every year with no concern for quality at all, the ones that are known for strict deadlines and for only been concern about how much money they can make with the least efford put into it. :trolleye:

Garp
05-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Activision shoulders at least some of the blame, as does Microsoft for making it a Summer of Arcade release, they pushed it out way before it was ready. However, that polished PSN port...it's not polished. So the developer isn't blame free, even if they had some good ideas, which i'll admit they did, and I had some snippets of genuine fun when I played it with two other friends, but the game is still a mess and none of the parties involved with it are blame free.

Candy Kappa
05-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Red Fly did great things with the fluff in OotS, and the rest should have been outsourced :lol:

slingtheory
05-19-2014, 08:02 PM
The more I think about it I wonder if oots was a test to see if there was high public interest for an older skewing turtle game. It doesn't excuse its problems by any means but it would explain the decision to make it an arcade title and the rushed development time. I just really hope they treat this new game right. Its way past time the turtles get a triple a title.

Cure
05-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Yeah, lets not blame Activision, one of the most hated software houses on the industry, know for releasing hundreds of games every year with no concern for quality at all, the ones that are known for strict deadlines and for only been concern about how much money they can make with the least efford put into it. :trolleye:

Again, Activision doesn't develop, they publish. Developers are the ones who make the games, whether they're good or not. The only one of their franchises that has a real strict deadline is Call of Duty, and those are on three year cycles now. So again, if the developers can't make a good game in three years, that's on them. Don't roll your eyes when you know nothing about anything.

DevilSpooky
05-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Again, Activision doesn't develop, they publish. Developers are the ones who make the games, whether they're good or not. The only one of their franchises that has a real strict deadline is Call of Duty, and those are on three year cycles now. So again, if the developers can't make a good game in three years, that's on them. Don't roll your eyes when you know nothing about anything.

LOL Dude, I know nothing about anything? That's cute.

Activision are known for making stupid deadlines, most of their games have less then a year of development time, especially those games based on movies and tv shows. Even the developers of COD have to cut corners by cutting and pasting stuff from older games to meet their deadlines. No matter how good you are, if you don't have time and money to do it right the final product will always fall short.

Activion are as much to blame as Red Fly, if not more, and if you can't see it, then I'm sorry to say but you know nothing about anything.

The-Shredder
05-20-2014, 02:10 PM
What is Konami, chopped-liver?

RedRocBoy
05-23-2014, 05:35 AM

Yeah. I really love OOTS as well. Game had so much potential but I understand that they had a budget and a deadline. Got it on 360 been thinking bout buying it on PSN. Really wish they had a Wii U version. Would've been so cool to have co op using the gamepad. One person on the t.v. and one person using they gamepad. :tconfuse::tconfuse::tconfuse:

RedRocBoy
05-23-2014, 05:39 AM

Lol! OMG! I remember having Battle Nexus and the game before that one on the GameCube. Me and my homie were addicted to those games. We them each twice. But yeah they were bad. LOL :lol::lol::lol::tlol::tlol::tlol:

Powder
05-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Those were done by Konami, not Ubisoft.

RedRocBoy
06-13-2014, 06:12 AM

^This. Really liked that game. Wish I could play it on Wii U.

xChri5x
06-13-2014, 06:24 AM
^This. Really liked that game. Wish I could play it on Wii U.

Ditto. They released Arkham City on the WiiU and it plays and looks fantastic. Now is the best time to get this stuff out there.

Cowabungawolf89
06-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Since I maxed out the turtles in OOTS I'm just breezing through the game now :)

kingblink
06-13-2014, 07:59 AM

Besides I figured the third game would be based on the movie, but maybe it isn't?

wii/3ds game was terrible? havent got to play it yet

pingclang
06-13-2014, 10:40 AM
wii/3ds game was terrible? havent got to play it yet

I played the 360 version and it was pretty rough. It's a really stiff beat-em-up and the gameplay is clunky. I didn't care for it but give it a try. It's cheap as dirt now so I may pick it up for Wii just to mess around.

Allio
06-14-2014, 04:14 PM

it could be an incident like the Dead Pool game...where the gameplay itself is ****, but the entire thing truly was a deadpool experience

Slap-Happy
06-16-2014, 03:17 AM
it could be an incident like the Dead Pool game...where the gameplay itself is ****, but the entire thing truly was a deadpool experience
I'll just read a comic book for that, then. I PLAY video games. The experience isn't anything special if the gameplay sucks.

Zulithe
06-16-2014, 03:26 AM
I am hoping we hear about this game soon.

E3 just ended and nothing about it there. So... that definitely places it well into 2015 territory.

Nothing against Tom but after the last two games I think expectations should be kept pretty low :)

Slap-Happy
06-16-2014, 03:30 AM

E3 just ended and nothing about it there. So... that definitely places it well into 2015 territory.

Nothing against Tom but after the last two games I think expectations should be kept pretty low :)
I'm guessing we see something at SDCC.

Zulithe
06-16-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm guessing we see something at SDCC.

That would be nice. I hope so.

Kendamu
06-17-2014, 11:40 AM

Unless it's (for some odd reason) an RPG, then story will be such a huge part that my expectations will be super high!

Seriously, though, just gimmie a sprite-based arcade side-scrolling beat-em-up and call it a day. Take some hints from the '07 game on GBA and the original arcade games and run with that.

Zulithe
06-17-2014, 01:10 PM
I really hope we get an RPG of some sort. RPG-hybrid games are all the rage these days, good examples being Borderlands 1 & 2 and Destiny really pushing rpg elements into the mainstream of western gaming. Then there are games like Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls... all extremely popular series.

I think a TMNT rpg could be a huge! the trick is... it has to be a game that capitalizes on what people love in a TMNT game--responsive, action combat with strong multiplayer-friendly options.

Like i've said before... i think we need a TMNT game that is a hybrid of the beat-emup and RPG genres. One example would the PS2 game by Square-Enix titled The Bouncer, which had some good ideas but ultimately failed to execute them very well. It was a very early PS2 game and it shows. But I still think the concept of a beat-em-up RPG is interesting and would fit TMNT really well.

RPG elements just make things fun, period :P You want to feel like your character is progressing throughout the game and an RPG does that very well. The turtles could not only gain health, but weapon upgrades & augments, new skill trees, etc.

Powder
06-18-2014, 04:36 AM
Well, guess what!

Leonardo in this game is being voiced by...

Cam Clarke!

'Bout 12 minutes in he says he auditioned for the role of Leo in a new turtles game that (I'm assuming) isn't related to any specific universe (unless maybe it's IDW based, which would be awesome!).

bSXgamB9Jus

TigerClaw
06-18-2014, 06:46 AM
I really hope we get an RPG of some sort. RPG-hybrid games are all the rage these days, good examples being Borderlands 1 & 2 and Destiny really pushing rpg elements into the mainstream of western gaming. Then there are games like Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls... all extremely popular series.

I think a TMNT rpg could be a huge! the trick is... it has to be a game that capitalizes on what people love in a TMNT game--responsive, action combat with strong multiplayer-friendly options.

Like i've said before... i think we need a TMNT game that is a hybrid of the beat-emup and RPG genres. One example would the PS2 game by Square-Enix titled The Bouncer, which had some good ideas but ultimately failed to execute them very well. It was a very early PS2 game and it shows. But I still think the concept of a beat-em-up RPG is interesting and would fit TMNT really well.

RPG elements just make things fun, period :P You want to feel like your character is progressing throughout the game and an RPG does that very well. The turtles could not only gain health, but weapon upgrades & augments, new skill trees, etc.
a TMNT RPG game would be cool if, they let you create any character, Be it mutant or human.

slingtheory
06-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Well, guess what!

Cam Clarke!

'Bout 12 minutes in he says he auditioned for the role of Leo in a new turtles game that (I'm assuming) isn't related to any specific universe (unless maybe it's IDW based, which would be awesome!).

bSXgamB9Jus

Just watched it. From the sound of it they didn't even know who he was so he got the part based on performance alone. It'll be interesting to hear him doing the voice so many years later. I wonder if he kept it the same or changed anything.so we have the writer of the current comic series and one of the original voice actors on board. Man I really can't wait to find out what this game is

ToTheNines
06-19-2014, 07:22 AM
Interesting. I remember him sounding pitch perfect as Leo when he did the voice for those interviews on the season 5 bonus material a few years back, yet he sounded weird as f*ck to me for his cameo at the end of Wormquake.

Still, awesome news. I don't really play video games any more, but I'm fairly excited for this.

chrisdude
06-22-2014, 08:55 AM
That's hilarious. I look forward to hearing him. It's weird that he could get the job without his namesake. I would kind of expect a secret game on the 30 anniversary of TMNT to be something retrospective..

I do wonder what the game will be, if not based on the movie or show. If Waltz wrote it, I have to guess it's comic-related. Some kind of tie-in that he would need to have a say in. Which would be awesome.

syk_skillz
06-22-2014, 11:17 AM
A Turtles Forever type game would be epic for a 30th anniversary game

Bry
06-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Well, guess what!

Cam Clarke!

bSXgamB9Jus

That's pretty awesome! And it makes me think of somewhat-recent Spider-Man games, where they usually cast from people who'd previously played the character in one of his cartoon series, even though the game doesn't follow them directly. (Or several of them playing different versions, which would also be damned cool.)

Ninja Tiptup
06-25-2014, 02:00 AM
I'd like to have the 80s toon cast voice in a video game. 2003 got several games to voice including Smash-Up and Turtles in Time Re-Shelled and the 2007 movie game used the turtle voices from the movie but the 80s cartoon has never had a game where the 80s cartoon cast voiced the characters. Rob Paulsen didn't get to voice a Turtle in a game until the Nick TMNT game.

Powder
06-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Sooooo, you guys think they'll announce whatever this is at SDCC?

slingtheory
06-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Sooooo, you guys think they'll announce whatever this is at SDCC? I hope so becuase I really can't wait to get some news on this. I've been racking my brain lately thinking about games I've followed in the past trying to figure out what's the usual point that a formal annoucement is made. Maybe they'll be waiting until they have so gameplay to show off

Chris_a_Bunga
06-26-2014, 08:02 PM
I can't wait to find out more about this game as well. :D If there was different skins from the comics that you could unlock it would be so rad. If you could play as the Ross Campbell or Mateus Santolouco turtles I would be blown away.

Honestly though I have faith that they are putting a lot into this, at least as far as art direction and story go. I am hoping for the best Turtles game of all time. I think the turtles should be having just as much done with them in video game form as batman, I'd buy a ps4 or xbox 1 just for this game! Can't wait :tgrin:

Powder
06-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I am hoping for the best Turtles game of all time.

Prepare to be disappointed.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2cwqyya.jpg

Leo656
06-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, but lest we forget, "The Sun even shines on a dog's ass, some days." We can hope. :P

CyberCubed
06-26-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm honestly starting to wonder if its Lego TMNT. Cam Clarke voicing Lego Leonardo would be fitting.

JamieH
06-26-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm honestly starting to wonder if its Lego TMNT. Cam Clarke voicing Lego Leonardo would be fitting.

The only way it'd be a LEGO game is if TT Games is developing it. If Activision really is publishing, I doubt it'll be a LEGO game as TT also publishes the LEGO games. But a TMNT LEGO game is possible. I mean, 2 waves of the Nick cartoon and 1 of the '14 movie is quite a fair bit of LEGO sets for one property. LEGO games have been made for stuff with less LEGO toys backing them.

Cure
06-26-2014, 09:36 PM
If Activision really is publishing, I doubt it'll be a LEGO game as TT also publishes the LEGO games.

They develop. The publisher changes depending on the property, like Warner Bros., LucasArts, etc.

Also, you guys need to get over the Activision thing. It's retarded.

Leo656
06-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Before them I think it was EA that everyone loved to pick on. People talk about how crummy these companies are, yet they outsell everyone else by a pretty wide margin, so they must be doing something right on some level.

Cure
06-26-2014, 09:46 PM
EA still gets shat on, too, which is also stupid.

Leo656
06-26-2014, 09:52 PM
I don't get the whole "corporate allegiance/hatred" thing and never will. Yeah, some companies have a more consistent track record than others, but they're all just companies releasing a product and getting paid for it. Nobody sets out to release bad product on purpose. "Company X's games are always great but Company Y only makes garbage" is silly.

I don't think I ever bought a game primarily based on who made it. I mostly just grab whatever looks cool to me. Some companies I trust a little more than others, but it's not a main motivator. Other than super-obvious stuff like Mario = Nintendo, Sonic = Sega, etc., I can't even recall what companies worked on what games that I liked. I barely pay attention to that, for some reason.

JamieH
06-26-2014, 10:16 PM
EA still gets shat on, too, which is also stupid.

Well, for me, when EA wouldn't sell Turn 10 a Porsche sub-license to purposefully, even though only temporarily, keep the brand out of Forza 4 was when I had had enough of their ****.

EA, in my eyes, has earned the negative reputation it gets.

As to what EA does right, they more or less have the only game in town when it comes to sports games. Such as the exclusive license for the NFL. Over the years EA has become a corporate giant capable of buying out it's competitors and smaller game developers. So, it's damn good at business, even if it skipped business ethics.

Cure
06-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Whatever you say. I'll be enjoying the new Dragon Age, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Mass Effect.

Leo656
06-26-2014, 10:21 PM
((Shrug)) I love Fight Night. Long as those are always good, I'm OK with EA. EA-OK? Huh.

The Stryker
06-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Whatever you say. I'll be enjoying the new Dragon Age, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Mass Effect.

UFC is pretty slammin'.

Titanfall too. Plants Vs. Zombies even!

Cure
06-26-2014, 10:33 PM
UFC is pretty slammin'.

Titanfall too. Plants Vs. Zombies even!

Yup! I was just thinking of future titles, but those are also valid.

slingtheory
06-26-2014, 11:38 PM

Just curious but what's the problem with activision. Before oots the last games I remember coming from them that I've played were pretty good.

The Stryker
06-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Just curious but what's the problem with activision. Before oots the last games I remember coming from them that I've played were pretty good.

I think it comes from a string of mediocre Turtles games so far combined with Activision being the company that puts out Skylanders and Call of Duty which are huge neckbeard targets.

Are people still pining for Konami? If so, throw that in there.

Ninjinister
06-27-2014, 08:46 AM

Yes, Activision is publisher. Has very little to do with how the game'll turn out. Go read any of the other topics where this is explained, or for cryin' out loud do a bit of research. Blaming Activision for the game's quality is even worse than blaming Michael Bay for the movie's.

Powder
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I can still blame a parent if their kid acts up. It's a matter of making sure what you put your name on doesn't suck.

& from what we know to be his influence, it's not unfair to take issue with Bay over certain aspects (like Megan Fox's inclusion) of the film you dislike. But that's another topic.

slingtheory
06-27-2014, 11:11 AM
I think it comes from a string of mediocre Turtles games so far combined with Activision being the company that puts out Skylanders and Call of Duty which are huge neckbeard targets.

Are people still pining for Konami? If so, throw that in there.

Sting of mediocre games? Haven't there only been 2 released on their watch so far? One being squarely aimed at young kids and the other having (what I consider anyway) a good amount of content considering its price. I know they get a lot a flack for call of duty but I thought the main complaint with that series was about there being so little advancement between games which shouldn't be,a problem unless they've pulled an ea and cornered the market on military shooters.

The Stryker
06-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Sting of mediocre games? Haven't there only been 2 released on their watch so far? One being squarely aimed at young kids and the other having (what I consider anyway) a good amount of content considering its price. I know they get a lot a flack for call of duty but I thought the main complaint with that series was about there being so little advancement between games which shouldn't be,a problem unless they've pulled an ea and cornered the market on military shooters.

Internet idiots complain about everything! Especially one's that desperately try to be anti-mainstream.

I kinda dislike the anger towards publishers that 'corner the market'. As if Activision and the developers should be ashamed that Call of Duty makes them assloads of money every year.

Leo656
06-27-2014, 11:55 AM
There was also that time Bobby Kotick said that if it were up to him, games and peripherals would be even more expensive. He's such a blatant capitalist, and so very open about video games being a business, and how "making games is about making money, not about having fun," that it rubs people the wrong way. I think that has a lot to do with why some people rag on Activision so much.

I can't hate on that, though. I love when people just come out and admit stuff like that.

slingtheory
06-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Internet idiots complain about everything! Especially one's that desperately try to be anti-mainstream.

I kinda dislike the anger towards publishers that 'corner the market'. As if Activision and the developers should be ashamed that Call of Duty makes them assloads of money every year. I think I might've worded it wrong. What I meant about conering the marKet is making themselves the only ones able to produce that type of game like ea did with football and maybe others sports game. I don't really know since I stopped paying attention to every other sports game except fight night. But yeah innovation comes from competition and pushing to do something better than the other guy. if you manage to make yourself the only game in town things can get stagnant but people have to put up with it because you're the only one produucing this thing they want. With military shooters I believe there are still other devolpers and publishers making those so its not like call of duty is the only option
There was also that time Bobby Kotick said that if it were up to him, games and peripherals would be even more expensive. He's such a blatant capitalist, and so very open about video games being a business, and how "making games is about making money, not about having fun," that it rubs people the wrong way. I think that has a lot to do with why some people rag on Activision so much.

I can't hate on that, though. I love when people just come out and admit stuff like that. well damn that does that sound very sterotypical greedy cynical corporate d bag of him. If that's his veiwpoint all I can say is he better make sure the products he puts out are top of the line and worthy of the large amounts of money he wants people to pay for them.

DevilSpooky
06-27-2014, 08:07 PM
The problem with Activision is that they are greedy and admit it, like what Kotick said about games prices and the way they force their teams to release games in ridiculous time frames and how they made them cut corners ( they cut and paste stuff from COD 4 and put it in every COD game after that). Just look at what they did to the poor guys at Infinity Ward, after all the Money they brought in with their COD games they fired and sued them for stupid reasons.

Yeah, most game companies get hate for stupid things but Activision is the cancer of the industry, they are the ones that are on this for only one thing, for the Money, they couldn't care less for putting out quality products or for doing games for the gamers so they deserv al the hate they get.

Leo656
06-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I'unno. Literally nothing in life matters as much as money does. It doesn't matter if you're making games, music, or paintings. Once you step out of the garage and charge money for what you're making, you're a prostitute. That being the case, why WOULDN'T someone try and milk it for all it's worth? Sounds pretty damn smart to me. Kotick didn't become CEO of a billion-dollar corporation to save endangered species or anything, he did it because that's what paid the most money in his field of interest.

People pay money to play games, and they pay more for the games they enjoy, and in turn, it only makes sense to exploit that relationship. I, personally, don't care about the Call Of Duty games and their ilk. But people love them, and play every single one that comes out, so how can the company making them ever be at fault for giving people what they so obviously want? Just because they're open about making a fortune off of it? Would it be better to lie? "Hey, man, we just do this to make kids smile, it's not about money at all!" THAT would offend me.

On the other hand, I'm incredibly fond of people who are honest to a fault, so I applaud guys like Kotick and Gene Simmons for their greedy douchebaggery. I cannot stand people who say "I only do this for the love" while cashing million-dollar checks. Entertainment is still a business. Good for 'em. If people actually cared about punishing them for their greed, they'd stop buying the products. That doesn't work, because they're good products, most of the time, and people enjoy paying for the right to experience them.

Megatron
07-23-2014, 09:50 PM
new TMNT Movie game is out on iOS! $3.99

more info here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=237445

i just got it from the US store. just search for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it should show up in the results.

Ninjinister
07-24-2014, 02:00 AM
What the heck are those mutants...? A porcupine and a bird?

EDIT: It's also on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mtvn.tmntMovieGame&hl=en

sluggedup226
07-24-2014, 06:11 AM
This is the game.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=237445

CyberCubed
07-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Ugh...a mobile game.

neatoman
07-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Ugh...a mobile game.

Poor Tom, here I was hoping that he was at least writing for a small budget download game for PC or console.

But a mobile game? I don't know about you guys but I've never played a mobile game with a deep enough story to require an actual writer...

raphael_is_cool
07-24-2014, 02:04 PM
In-app purchases? Pass!

pingclang
07-24-2014, 02:55 PM
This is the game.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=237445

...crap...

TigerClaw
07-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Its not a bad game from the footage I have seen.

Its got Cam Clarke doing the voice of Leo and Danny Woodburn as the voice of Splinter.

oldmanwinters
07-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Its not a bad game from the footage I have seen.

Its got Cam Clarke doing the voice of Leo and Danny Woodburn as the voice of Splinter.

And I do really like seeing the artistic incarnations of the movie turtles in the cutscenes. Seeing Rocksteady and Bebop was a very cool surprise.

I don't intend to get the game, and I don't even have an iphone, but this might be fun youtube watching.

CyberCubed
07-24-2014, 06:10 PM
LOL @ horrible mobile game. What a waste of Tom Waltz and Cam Clarke's talents.

Ninjinister
07-24-2014, 06:18 PM
And I do really like seeing the artistic incarnations of the movie turtles in the cutscenes. Seeing Rocksteady and Bebop was a very cool surprise.

Waitwhat...?

oldmanwinters
07-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Waitwhat...?

But, of course!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bFZnlrd_2c#t=38m12s

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/Screencaps/Games/villains_zps3bb87d3d.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/Screencaps/Games/villains_zps3bb87d3d.jpg.html)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Taunt_zpsbb4f80f6.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Taunt_zpsbb4f80f6.jpg.html)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Defeated1_zps6437f1be.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Defeated1_zps6437f1be.jpg.html)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Defeated2_zps2f32702c.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Defeated2_zps2f32702c.jpg.html)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Defeated3_zpsb78c9598.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/Screencaps/Games/Bebop-Defeated3_zpsb78c9598.jpg.html)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/slimer2erasmus/Screencaps/Games/TurtlesTriumphantvsBebop_zps2a1b9c01.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/slimer2erasmus/media/Screencaps/Games/TurtlesTriumphantvsBebop_zps2a1b9c01.jpg.html)

TigerClaw
07-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Here's the Cast List

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtWzzY_IIAAAv5o.jpg

oldmanwinters
07-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Here's the Cast List

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtWzzY_IIAAAv5o.jpg

Hey, you would have thought they'd have also cast Clarke as Rocksteady rather than Bebop!

Uh... excuse me... "Bebob."

Ninjinister
07-24-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah I'd watched that vid a bit after I asked the question. To be honest, Cam's Bebop is pretty bad. I actually was thinking "they should have actually just hired Jester" (because I've heard his Bebop and it's pretty damn good).

Jester
07-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Yeah I'd watched that vid a bit after I asked the question. To be honest, Cam's Bebop is pretty bad. I actually was thinking "they should have actually just hired Jester" (because I've heard his Bebop and it's pretty damn good).
Well shucks...

Leomaru
07-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Just downloaded it. The game seems simple, at the beginning at least. Lots of positive reviews on Google Play. A noteworthy feature: "Play through STORY MODE, written by Tom Waltz, contributing author of the beloved comic series from IDW Publishing."

Gin Rummy
07-26-2014, 02:04 PM
I just bought it, Really dig the art style. Very colorful. It's a little too easy. But actually pretty addicting. Due to the cheap price, I'd probably recommend it to others.

Chris_a_Bunga
07-26-2014, 02:12 PM
...I really dig it. But, and I kinda feel bad for saying it, I am kinda glad they re-cast Danny Woodburn's voice for the movie, because it seems a bit off in the game and not always consistent

CowabungaMikey
07-31-2014, 10:17 AM
Just downloaded the game on Android. Pretty cool, standard beat-em-up. I didn't even notice Cam Clarke voiced Leonardo.

Kamekichi
08-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Though I think at 4.99 it's a little pricey (for the content) this has to be one of the best controlled Android games I've played lately, especially for a beat-em-up.

Ninja Tiptup
08-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Bebop sounds nothing like Cam Clarke, I pretty confident he actually voiced Rocksteady and they mixed up who voiced how in the credits.

Ninjinister
08-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Bebop sounds nothing like Cam Clarke, I pretty confident he actually voiced Rocksteady and they mixed up who voiced how in the credits.

Paramount told me directly when I queried, before I saw that cast list in the video/TigerClaw's screenshot, that it was he was indeed Bebop. Then again since their reply came as "Bebob" like that cast list, maybe they just copied and pasted it from what was written into the game....

chrisdude
08-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Anybody beat this and wanna share some tips? I'm stalled out at level 30. I don't even see the last wave. It's kinda frustrating in the later levels, because you don't really have time to use the powerful combos with all the counters you have to do.