PDA

View Full Version : Classic / Nick TMNT Monopoly Games

Darth Knuckles
07-25-2014, 09:15 PM
So...these are real things then right?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=22996

As long as they are I think I may get both of them. I like this Nick TMNT version better than the one previously released. I just want to make sure this is a real release and not fake first.

Donatello19
07-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Aw, the classic one looks so awesome! Why does the Nick one look like a Monopoly Jr. version though?

Darth Knuckles
07-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Aw, the classic one looks so awesome! Why does the Nick one look like a Monopoly Jr. version though?

Yeah the Nick one really does look like a Monopoly Jr. based on the box size doesn't it? The tokens for that one are unique too. They're more like the actual Monopoly game pieces and not character tokens like the Classic TMNT Monopoly game are. I do think I'll get both of these myself.

go_ninja84
07-26-2014, 05:55 PM
hmm..i kinda want that classic one

JonesyKitty
07-26-2014, 07:00 PM
That classic one is awesome looking! I just recently got my girlfriend into TMNT and we play boardgames a lot so that is perfect! plus the little vinyl figures look great!

TigerClaw
07-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Yeah the Nick one really does look like a Monopoly Jr. based on the box size doesn't it? The tokens for that one are unique too. They're more like the actual Monopoly game pieces and not character tokens like the Classic TMNT Monopoly game are. I do think I'll get both of these myself.
Its funny how stuff involving the OG Turtles were marketed for both kids and adults, And only anything associated with the Nick TMNT, Is only marketed directly to kids.

turtlefanforever
07-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Def buying the Classic!! Price is steep but worth it IMO.

turtlefanforever
07-29-2014, 10:42 PM
When/where can I purchase the Classic one? I already see the nick one on amazon

Shark_Blade
07-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Nick one looks same ol, and the figures are all metallic color so bummer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D8U2N86/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AC319X335DMNZ

Definitely be getting the classic! Or both maybe just for the sake of it.

DVD
07-30-2014, 07:51 AM
Loving the box art.
I've only ever bought two themed Monopoly sets. Scooby Doo, which was brilliant. I liked that on a lot. The other was Doctor Who (not the 50th) which was a huge disappointment. Decent box, but inside! Rubbish.
I haven't seen interior details of the classic Turtles set yet, but I'm inclined to give it a chance! ;)

Darth Knuckles
07-31-2014, 12:42 AM
Nick one looks same ol, and the figures are all metallic color so bummer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D8U2N86/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AC319X335DMNZ

Definitely be getting the classic! Or both maybe just for the sake of it.

I think the one you're linking to that's available now is an older Nick version that came out last year. There's going to be a new Nick Monopoly version as well as the Classic one released now. The second Nick one does look like it might be a Monopoly Jr. one as Donatello19 and I have discussed. The new Nick one even has different and unique tokens from the first Nick Monopoly release.

Shark_Blade
07-31-2014, 02:28 AM
Ah, cool. I hope we get to see the insides, hopefully it'll look more interesting than the last time. :)

Darth Knuckles
07-31-2014, 02:33 AM
Ah, cool. I hope we get to see the insides, hopefully it'll look more interesting than the last time. :)

From the way it sounds they both should be. I know I'm excited to buy both of them!

Shogun26
07-31-2014, 04:44 AM
I loved last yrs nick monopoly but never got the chance to purchase it. Glad I didnt I absolutely adore the classic one.

Netkeeper
07-31-2014, 09:02 AM
The Nick one looks like Monopoly Jr. because it's in a square-shaped box. Probably because it's easier for kids to carry a square-shaped box. But it's not a Monopoly Jr.

turtlefanforever
10-01-2014, 09:15 PM
any word on a release? should be about that time

Venom
10-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Man, the box art on the classic version is awesome! That's totally none of the redrawn retro set Mirage did around the time of the 25th; I wonder who drew it?

turtlefanforever
11-08-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm seeing at available but it's from a place that just launched.. it's through amazon by them but still. I'm not sure I should go for it,

turtlefanforever
11-10-2014, 02:53 PM
apparently November 12th or 13th is the day

Candy Kappa
11-10-2014, 03:17 PM
The play pieces looks rad in the FW based Monopoly, but the box itself looks terrible with the stock and bland retro-style artwork. Looks almost like it's fake...

nellyp
11-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Both of these new versions were advertised in the recent Turtles Comic books from IDW. The first edition of the Nick on that came out before seems to have the Monopoly man on it while the new one does not and it is by USAopoly. Is that better or worse?

Nameless
11-11-2014, 10:56 AM
then buy, sell and trade the most notorious Turtle villains on the colorfully illustrated game board.

not sure how i feel about this. much rather have shredder as a playable and buy and sell actually locations from the show. you know sewer lair, channel 6, technodrome, dimension x. least thats how i plan on making my custom game.

Darth Knuckles
11-11-2014, 12:10 PM
I just saw both of these versions up for sale on Amazon. The Nick version is not a "Jr." version even though the box is more square than rectangular. Both the new Nick version and the 1987 Collecter's Edition are made by USAopoly as others have mentioned. You can see the game tokens and boards for both versions on Amazon.com as well.

After looking at all of the pictures of both versions, I think I'm just going to get the classic 1987 version. I actually really like that the villain characters are acting like the properties on that game board. It's cool to see all of the important villains made famous in the original cartoon get proper respect on this Monopoly board. Especially ones like Groundchuck and Dirtbag! I really liked those two villains in the 1987 series so I'm glad they're on there. The one odd omission though on the game board and on the box are the Foot Soldiers. I wonder why they weren't on something?

turtlefanforever
11-12-2014, 01:04 PM
glad I waited. it is now officially available shipped and sold from amazon!! :tgrin::tgrin::tgrin::tgrin:

Crynal
11-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Maybe the foot soldiers appear on the chest/chance cards?

Is it officially out? I've been trying to buy myself the classic 1987 one but it's either been sold out or the seller made a mistake and was sending me the Nick series version. Also any idea if any big stores like target/walmart/toysrus and such are selling any of the tmnt monopoly games?

Powder
11-14-2014, 08:18 PM
I hope some Chinese sellers on ebay can bootleg the game pieces, because I really want those but have no interest in the game itself, especially for what it costs.

turtlefanforever
11-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Maybe the foot soldiers appear on the chest/chance cards?

Is it officially out? I've been trying to buy myself the classic 1987 one but it's either been sold out or the seller made a mistake and was sending me the Nick series version. Also any idea if any big stores like target/walmart/toysrus and such are selling any of the tmnt monopoly games?

it went up on amazon the other day and sold out immediately. Mine shipped out this morning it's available through other sellers on amazon though for much a higher price.

turtlefanforever
11-18-2014, 01:24 PM
just got it today, it is AMAZING! the pieces are a little smaller than expected but still awesome. it has special green dice, the artwork is great, aside from the normal rules it has a special "60 minute speed rules" to have a faster game.

slashpieturtlemix
11-18-2014, 02:16 PM
:( I want thissssssssssssssssssssssssss

Powder
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM
just got it today, it is AMAZING! the pieces are a little smaller than expected but still awesome. it has special green dice, the artwork is great, aside from the normal rules it has a special "60 minute speed rules" to have a faster game.

How big are the pieces? If not an inch estimate, compare them to the vinyl figures or something.

TheCanadiandrome
11-18-2014, 10:19 PM
man i gotta look for these. have they hit retail?

Jester
11-18-2014, 10:22 PM
I've been needing a new copy of Monopoly after the great Family Guy Purge of 2010.

turtlefanforever
11-19-2014, 11:18 AM
How big are the pieces? If not an inch estimate, compare them to the vinyl figures or something.

they're about 2 inches even. but it doesn't seem it. mainly cause of the width. The pictures make them look bigger but that's to be expected.

Desslok
11-26-2014, 10:49 AM
We got these at Hastings last week. The art on the classic TMNT board is awesome and features a ton of villains, even Pizza Face and Lord Dregg!

Take a look:

http://usaopoly.com/blog/your-sneak-peek-retro-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-monopoly

slashpieturtlemix
11-26-2014, 05:56 PM
We got these at Hastings last week. The art on the classic TMNT board is awesome and features a ton of villains, even Pizza Face and Lord Dregg!

Take a look:

http://usaopoly.com/blog/your-sneak-peek-retro-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-monopoly

I would play the heck out of that game lol now I need to find more players...

Nameless
11-26-2014, 06:47 PM
not sure why they put Tattoo between tokka and razhar... nice to see they added lieutenant granitor...

TheMasterTurtle
11-26-2014, 07:09 PM
I'd like to get this. really looking forward to this BUT have we ever figured out/ gotten an answer as to why everytime something related to the OT has these horrible incarnations of bebop and rocksteady? It really bothers me how they look

CowabungaMikey
11-27-2014, 05:39 AM
I want the classic one

Powder
11-27-2014, 08:09 AM
I'd like to get this. really looking forward to this BUT have we ever figured out/ gotten an answer as to why everytime something related to the OT has these horrible incarnations of bebop and rocksteady? It really bothers me how they look

They're based on the Mutatin' action figures of yore. Dunno why. There was retro art of the two in that style, used for notebooks & stickers, I think. Maybe Viacom got copies of some old-school style guides & those were the only versions of them in there? Just a theory.

Bry
11-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Kinda digging the Nick version (http://usaopoly.com/games/monopoly-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-edition) more. They both look good, but it bugs me a bit when you "buy" characters instead of places for these things. Like... property's the whole point of the game, right? (Yeah, I'm nitpicky, what of it)

The minifigures in the Classic version are pretty cool, though. But it's weird that Casey is so much more prominent than April in the Classic version, considering he only had a few appearances in that show.

TheCanadiandrome
11-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Has anyone seen these in retail?

slashpieturtlemix
11-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Has anyone seen these in retail?

I thought these are amazon exclusives?

GildedLily
04-25-2015, 06:35 PM
There have been a few websites where I saw them advertised as being offered, but every time I check them, they are always sold out or not available for purchase online.

Would love to get a Nick set and a Classic set. Torn to get dups of both, so I can actually play on them, while keeping two boxed and for my collection heh. Still keeping my eyes out for them, so hopefully in the near future I can get them. If I ever find some good sites where they are available, I'll be sure to post them.

JonesyKitty
04-26-2015, 02:35 PM
I thought these are amazon exclusives?

I thought that as well but I found my copy of the Retro themed one at a boardgame store at the mall in December. Maybe some stores special order them?

Tossled
04-26-2015, 03:16 PM
I got the retro version at a Barnes and Noble

Shogun26
04-26-2015, 03:23 PM
I saw the retro version this weekend at a comic con here in chicago. It was pretty neat in person, i just ddidn't have the cash (44.95) to purchase it.

TheCanadiandrome
04-28-2015, 11:12 PM
i got the Nick version at Fan Expo this past weekend, now i just need the retro version

Turtle_power_eh?
05-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Nothing like a game of monopoly to bring out the best in people. Has a monopoly game ever finished without at least one player having a flip out?

...now we can all throw little pizzas at people instead of little houses and hotels:tlol:

Longview01
05-04-2015, 03:55 PM
I saw one of these in Ace Comics at the weekend and it looked the awesome, the play pieces won me over.

I couldn't justify the 55 price tag tho and got myself a buddy Christ instead.