PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone do with their boxes if they open them?

Cowabunga! Booyakasha!
07-31-2014, 12:46 PM
Sorry if this has been talked about before but this question is how I came across this great site in the first place I had searched on here and could only find topics about open vs MOC.

I havent been getting any of the toys since the third movie came out and all my figures are open. I was little so I wasn't thinking to keep them in great shape but after finding this site and seeing all the pictures of the great collections on here I've been debating putting all of them in a display of some nature.

So with the new movie coming out and with the fact that I just fell in love all over again with the turtles after the new Nick show I decided to go down the toy aisle and grab a bunch of the nick tv show and movie figures. I probably grabbed around 40 or so all together, In being honest I definitely went a bit overboard in my purchase lol The only ones I opened and put on a shelf so far are the 4 big movie turtles.

Now with the smaller figures I'm not sure if I want to open them and keep the boxes or just take out like the backing and throw away the plastic. I'm just curious to see what everyone here does after they open theirs. I don't really plan on selling down the line so I'm not so worried about that aspect. Im just being silly and overthinking this one to the point where I'm just debating taking them all back and not being bothered collecting any

Sorry for my long winded post. I would have posted this in the ask a question get an answer thread but i was hoping this would get more responses.

Discogod
07-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Chuck 'em in the bin.

Powder
07-31-2014, 01:10 PM
I bought a good chunk of the early Nick figures & I opened them up but kept all the cardbacks in a folder.

The Turtle Terminator
07-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Chuck them in the bin, but keep the cardbacks

thebrownranger
07-31-2014, 01:46 PM
If take any toy out of package, I keep the plastic bubble and cardbacks and throw them in a box.

Blossombrooks
07-31-2014, 02:42 PM
I hate keeping mine in the boxes but I can't bear to part with the boxes either. I open them with a craft knife and leave all the extra accessories in there before carefully storing them. My built in wardrobe is actually filled with more tmnt boxes than clothes right now.

DVD
07-31-2014, 04:53 PM
I do a number of things.
My minty old school figures will probably never be opened, and they hang on walls.
Recent Nick stuff. Originally planned to keep them all sealed up. Packaged, I think they look pretty neat. Once out, a few are just not so neat. Anyway, I decided to start opening them. About half are now open. I decided to keep the card backs, but threw away the bubbles. In my recent move, my girlfriend thought the card backs were trash....and threw them away!
The larger figures, I just throw the packaging away.
Vehicles and the like, I put the boxes on display, so to speak, in a spare room.

pingclang
07-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Recycle. I don't keep any of my figures in the box since they were kind of made to be taken out and enjoyed not slapped on a shelf and left untouched. Just my opinion, though. I get the collectors mentality.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
07-31-2014, 05:48 PM
The only boxes i keep are for Imported toys so all the extra pieces are stored nicely

go_ninja84
07-31-2014, 08:24 PM
when i buy figures i try to buy 2, 1 to keep MOC other to open i usually keep the cardback and the insert from the figure as well as the figure checklist sheet and it all goes into a 1 gallon size ziplock bag and goes to my loose collection the blister pack goes into recycle bin. the MOC goes into a box with my other MOC figures

Eiko
07-31-2014, 08:38 PM
I keep the card backs rest in the bin. You really don't need to have empty boxes around your house taking up space.

Shark_Blade
07-31-2014, 08:51 PM
If it's nice looking, I'll deflate and keep em.

If not, out the bin it'll go.

Ninjinister
07-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Used t' keep the cardbacks and big boxes at least. Now unless it's limited edition it gos in the rubbish.

pride21
07-31-2014, 10:11 PM
If I am at the store.

Usually pitch it in the nearest bin.

If it was delivered it goes in the recycling bin outside.

psychturtle
07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Recycling bin

Doomsword
07-31-2014, 10:19 PM
I keep the inserts & any cardback's. I recycle the bubbles though. I often wonder what the recycling people think when I go on opening binges & have a bin overflowing with bubbles & twist ties on trash day.

ProactiveMan
08-01-2014, 01:11 AM
I used to keep the card backs, but now I chuck 'em in the recycle bin. I keep the boxes for certain big ticket items, but I've moved into progressively smaller accommodation over the years, so I don't have room for packaging any more.

If a card or box has some really cool artwork on it, I may still keep it. I kept the box for MOTC Modulock for instance, because it kicks ass!

nimajneb
08-01-2014, 02:32 AM
I keep the packaging to things i've bought and would consider selling eventually (mostly star wars) TMNT I'm keeping so those boxes all went, as do my Transformer boxes.

Cowabunga! Booyakasha!
08-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks for all the responses everyone! I think I'm going to give keeping the card backs and inserts a shot.

Panda Khan
08-02-2014, 03:43 AM
If you ordered the Classics from TRU recently you have no choice but to chunk the cards, looked like Ace Ventura delivered my set...unless you want to waste time and return them but I see no point if they are going to be opened anyway.

Darthknuxward
08-03-2014, 05:42 PM
I only ever keep the bio cards and vehicle boxes. Everything else is recycled.

mikey0
08-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Back in the days, some children used to just dump them and the small packets that came with the squishy heads. That's acceptable for a child, because they do not appreciate the good work Peter Laird put into the artwork. He did the card art for the first series, right?

Other adolescents saved the pizza points, bio cards and even the full card at times.

Anyways, I always thought it was brilliant for the card to have three illustrations and then the figure in the package. Get it, there are four turtles. That could be why the Raphael figures sold like hot cakes from '89-'91.

Powder
08-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Peter Laird put into the artwork. He did the card art for the first series, right?

Nope. He didn't do any.

mikey0
08-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Nope. He didn't do any.

Do you know who did it? Those was some of the best prints featured on the backer of an action figure.