PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Marty McFly

TheMasterTurtle
07-31-2014, 02:56 PM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/back-to-the-future-marty-mcfly-hot-toys-9022341/

So I just preordered this bad boy. I never went down this route... I would if TMNT were on the horizon but this will be my first. I've always been impressed with their work, just never that invested into any of their licenses. BTTF however is my favorite trilogy of all time and this will be a great addition to my eventual display.

turtlefanforever
08-01-2014, 08:04 PM
That looks so realistic! Awesome! Glad BTTF is getting treated so well.

psychturtle
08-04-2014, 06:58 PM
They did an amazing job on him. They really have knocked the sculpts out of the park. You'll be my 1/6 scale figure discussion pal on here since I think nobody else here collects them. Lol

Collecting 1/6 scale figures is an addiction. Once I bought one.....I couldn't stop. Congrats on the Marty McFly! Looks like he comes with a ton of accessories.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Hey, I'm a hot toys collector myself. I have The new version of ed-209, keaton batman, nicholson joker (the non mime version), christopher reeve superman, baby doll, black widow (the avengers version), and the keaton batmobile. I pre-ordered the die cast/chair less robocop, the battle damaged t-800 from t1, stealth captain america from captain america: the winter soldier, and silver centurion iron man (from iron man 3). I hope the release date for the die cast/chair less robocop doesn't get moved again, it's suppose to be out in september instead of this month.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Are any of you guys into sideshow collectible's premium format figures and/or maquettes? Or am I the only one?

TheMasterTurtle
08-05-2014, 07:24 AM
I have over the years had to make some choices, not hard ones but choices nonetheless. I'd love to have a very broad and elaborate collection because there are so many franchises I just love. Because of this I had to pick my main one to focus on (easy, TMNT) and then prioritize from there. I will rarely buy anything non-TMNT anymore unless it really catches my eye.

This Marty was an example as well as this Slimer wall relief for my display/entertainment room I'm working on at my new house.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/popup_image/pID/17851

I'd love to do some collecting of more TMNT stuff but just to buy stuff to buy it doesn't work for my wallet if I want to keep up to date with the turtles.

psychturtle
08-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Made a thread for 1/6 hot toys collectors!

LincolnHawk
09-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Preordered mine as well...huge bttf fan. Can't pass this opportunity up.

TheMasterTurtle
09-04-2014, 07:01 PM
I just preordered the delorean as well... What a monster in size and cost

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
09-06-2014, 09:00 PM
I am going to eventually get marty, he's a must (cause I pre-ordered the delorean).

LincolnHawk
09-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I just preordered the delorean as well... What a monster in size and cost

yeah I'm with you...but, it doesn't come out for at least 2 years, so enough time to save

or I could do the 77 dollars every month lol

Venom
09-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Jeez, these collectibles sure are nice, but I have the old SunStar DeLorean models, so I personally couldn't justify spending that much money on an action figure and another model.

If I'm going to spend $1000 on something, its going to be for my real DeLorean.

TheMasterTurtle
09-07-2014, 07:49 PM
yeah I'm with you...but, it doesn't come out for at least 2 years, so enough time to save

or I could do the 77 dollars every month lol

I did the flex payments on this and will pay in full for Marty.

Jeez, these collectibles sure are nice, but I have the old SunStar DeLorean models, so I personally couldn't justify spending that much money on an action figure and another model.

If I'm going to spend $1000 on something, its going to be for my real
DeLorean.

I have the Delorean That Diamond Select put out a few years ago and although I like it, I LOVE this. I've always wanted movie accurate representations of the characters and for me, the car is a must have to go with them. The money it costs for a REAL Delorean with BTTF accurate additions, I will never own one.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
09-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Can someone please explain to me what paint apps means in a way that it won't take me more than one time to understand? I have been thinking about it's meaning for a long time, I only know of it because of action figure collectors using it.

Leonardo87
09-08-2014, 12:09 AM
I am having a hard time whether I should pre-order the DMC or Marty.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
09-08-2014, 01:28 PM
If you got a credit card with enough money on it then just use flex pay and get both on sideshow toy's website. Unless you don't like that site.

LincolnHawk
09-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I am having a hard time whether I should pre-order the DMC or Marty.

I've preordered Marty, just deciding whether or not I need that Delorean lol

raph27
09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Can someone please explain to me what paint apps means in a way that it won't take me more than one time to understand? I have been thinking about it's meaning for a long time, I only know of it because of action figure collectors using it.
Paint apps is short for paint applications. In short, it references to how good the paint is on the figure. For example, if there is a streak of red in the eye of a Spider-Man figure that is bad paint apps because Spidey's eyes are white. So the machine that painted that Spidey screwed up. Usually Hot Toys figures have very good paint apps. Hope this clears things up.

Venom
09-08-2014, 05:01 PM
I have the Delorean That Diamond Select put out a few years ago and although I like it, I LOVE this. I've always wanted movie accurate representations of the characters and for me, the car is a must have to go with them. The money it costs for a REAL Delorean with BTTF accurate additions, I will never own one.

Oh yeah I agree, these are the best looking BTTF collectibles I've seen! I was just implying that I'd be better off spending that kinda dough on the car in my garage. I have an early VIN DeLorean that I need to send to DMC to refurb.

The original screen used DMC was restored last year, btw; the folks had a nice FB page with lots of pics of the progress.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
09-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Paint apps is short for paint applications. In short, it references to how good the paint is on the figure. For example, if there is a streak of red in the eye of a Spider-Man figure that is bad paint apps because Spidey's eyes are white. So the machine that painted that Spidey screwed up. Usually Hot Toys figures have very good paint apps. Hope this clears things up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

LincolnHawk
09-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Oh yeah I agree, these are the best looking BTTF collectibles I've seen! I was just implying that I'd be better off spending that kinda dough on the car in my garage. I have an early VIN DeLorean that I need to send to DMC to refurb.

The original screen used DMC was restored last year, btw; the folks had a nice FB page with lots of pics of the progress.

Man...post pics of it, I love looking at deloreans

I've wanted one since I was a kid and if I'm out and about and see one I have to stop and look

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
09-09-2014, 03:11 PM
So I was on don murphy's site some time ago and this user named kary said that anyone who get's the Marty McFly figure is a pedo. That is easily one of the the worst ones that I have heard in a long time.

TheMasterTurtle
09-10-2014, 10:59 PM
I've preordered Marty, just deciding whether or not I need that Delorean lol

Get both for sure. They'll be sweet displayed

gunstarheroblue
10-31-2014, 03:45 PM
WOW I have NO Hot toys figs, but, in this case you get what you pay for, these look incredible. :o
having both the 1/6 scale Delorean and 1/6 scale Marty Mcfly would be worth it .
Could the Hot Toys 1/6 scale Doc Brown be far behind?:D