PDA

View Full Version : A re-watching of show!!!

The True Shredder
07-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I watched the 4Kids show. I plan on rewatching it. Who else would want to join me,The One True Shredder, in rewatching this show and dicuss it afterwards?

ABrown
07-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately, I no longer have the spare time to rewatch my favorite cartoon series(es) all the way through (see my profile picture). However, I still remember every episode. And I'm always up for discussing episodes.

The Turtle Terminator
07-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Yes. As long as it is intact and in order. And a DVD/Blu-ray release wouldn't hurt......:D

tmntpower1988
07-31-2014, 03:55 PM
I only recently finished re-watching it otherwise I would join you.

neatoman
07-31-2014, 04:03 PM
I have already rewatched it this year. Maybe in another two. Until I feel like rewatching all of it again I might just stick to watching a couple of the multi-parters on occasion because you know, there are not that many stand alone episodes. In fact, episode 25 to 34 (9 episodes) are serialised.

It's not as long as some anime I watch, Dragon Ball Z might technically be serialised all the way through but to break it down a bit:

From Goku turning Super Saiyan to Namek exploding, it takes 11 episodes. It takes 11 episodes to finish a fight (a single fight) that had already been going for 8 episodes in which Goku took over a collective fight against Freeza that had in turn been going on for 10 episodes. That is a 29 episode fight in total, 29 episodes are a continous against fight against one guy.

But anyway, yeah I like serialisation so the constant multi-parters never bothered me.
Imagine if an entire season of a TMNT cartoon was just one long fight sequence...

CyberCubed
07-31-2014, 04:54 PM
The entire show is uploaded to youtube by the way. Apparently Nick doesn't remove 4kids episodes from youtube.

So anyone here who never watched the show just type in the episode names or numbers and have fun.

Bry
07-31-2014, 05:05 PM
I've got zero time, but I'd really like to do this some day. My wife religiously watches the Nick show with me and she's seen Turtles Forever, so I'd like to see if I can convince her to give this show a shot. But considering how busy we are and the backlog of shows/movies we've been meaning to get to, that could take years. :trazz:

pennydreadful
07-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Ditto; I've literally got GBs worth of stuff that I have to watch, and my reading list is also behind... one day when I have the time though. :)

CyberCubed
07-31-2014, 08:06 PM
My favorite arcs besides all the big Shredder/Foot Clan episodes, were the Battle Nexus episodes and the Season 3 Triceraton Invasion of Earth episodes. The writing was fantastically improved during the Season 3 Triceraton arc from the Season 2 Turtles in Space arc.

I also love the better Fast Forward episodes with Sho'okonobo and the Dark Turtles.

Wentos
07-31-2014, 10:48 PM
I've kind of been holding off on re-watching it in the hopes that a DVD set is forthcoming, what with the movie generating interest in the property and all.

If Nick didn't care, Shout Factory would've snapped it up by now, right? They released Next Mutation, so I have to assume Nick has SOME kind of plans for it.

Netkeeper
07-31-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm always up for a rewatch. I'd suggest setting up a channel on a synchtube clone website and inviting some people to come check it out. I'd have it going for however long it goes on.

Bry
08-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I've kind of been holding off on re-watching it in the hopes that a DVD set is forthcoming, what with the movie generating interest in the property and all.

If Nick didn't care, Shout Factory would've snapped it up by now, right? They released Next Mutation, so I have to assume Nick has SOME kind of plans for it.

I'd almost prefer Shout Factory to handle it - they usually put a lot of care into their products and I'd love to see what they'd do with this show.

CyberCubed
08-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Watch the entire show on youtube, watch it again when DVDs come out.

pharaohyami5000
08-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Hmm. Interesting. This is currently my favorite TMNT series and I've watchedall of them during the winter season.

I don't suppose a sort of blog/vlog would be an option for you, would it? Just thoughts on each episode.

Icebot
08-01-2014, 06:45 PM
I'd join but I'm watching a marathon of the show myself. I'm at the beginning of season 3.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 07:27 PM
I already started after I finished Fred Wolf. I am just about to start the City at War arc.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Ditto; I've literally got GBs worth of stuff that I have to watch, and my reading list is also behind... one day when I have the time though. :)

I've talked about this extensively - the paradox of choice. There's so much out there that it is overwhelming - sports, comic books, live action TV, cartoons, anime, films, books, gaming...it's ridiculous.

CyberCubed
08-02-2014, 07:45 PM
I've talked about this extensively - the paradox of choice. There's so much out there that it is overwhelming - sports, comic books, live action TV, cartoons, anime, films, books, gaming...it's ridiculous.

That's easy for me. I don't follow/watch sports, and I don't read books. My comic book reading is limited to TMNT and Usagi. And for cartoons/anime I only watch a select few shows. And I hardly watch live-TV and only a few movies in theaters a year.

Most of my time is spent gaming.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 07:52 PM
That's easy for me. I don't follow/watch sports, and I don't read books. My comic book reading is limited to TMNT and Usagi. And for cartoons/anime I only watch a select few shows. And I hardly watch live-TV and only a few movies in theaters a year.

Most of my time is spent gaming.

I envy your ability to be ruthless and limit yourself to a few select things. I'm the opposite - I have this feeling that I might be missing out on something if I don't try and watch/see/read as much as I can. You probably enjoy what you do more as you don't feel like you're making your way through a list.

Ironically I hardly play games these days because it's too active an experience and my attention span can't seem to handle it (long story). What are your favourite genres? And you've never liked any sports? Not even the traditional American sports?

Tbh the only sport I follow is football (soccer) so it's not like I'm a sports nut. it's just that I am obsessed with that one sport, and in terms of entertainment soccer and the turtles take precedence over everything else.

CyberCubed
08-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Ironically I hardly play games these days because it's too active an experience and my attention span can't seem to handle it (long story). What are your favourite genres? And you've never liked any sports? Not even the traditional American sports?

Tbh the only sport I follow is football (soccer) so it's not like I'm a sports nut. it's just that I am obsessed with that one sport, and in terms of entertainment soccer and the turtles take precedence over everything else.

I never followed sports even as a kid. I played sports in school obviously but I never felt the need to follow/watch any professional sports teams on TV. The people who used to get heavily into sports are generally people who don't watch much TV and thus don't have any "fandoms" to take part it so sports is their only alternative.

Most cartoons/anime do not age well. Aside from the big DC and Marvel cartoons, TMNT, Gargoyles, and a select few others...most other cartoons especially the comedic ones are difficult to watch as an adult. Anime these days has tended to de-volve into harem/romantic comedy/fanservice shows, stuff I'm not a fan of.

Videogames on the other hand are a blend of everything. You can play the Nintendo games, all the big Sony franchises, shooters, action games, adventure games, etc. I feel videogames lets me see everything I could from TV/cartoons/anime except there I can actually control and be a part of the universe, rather than just watching. Especially since now most modern games are basically interactive movies, unlike the only games of the past, (which I still enjoy too).

Honestly there's really not THAT much when you factor that 70% of any genre either doesn't appeal to you or is garbage. There are what...over 50 movies released each year in theaters, and the average person sees maybe 5 of them at most?

Davetello
08-02-2014, 08:27 PM
I never followed sports even as a kid. I played sports in school obviously but I never felt the need to follow/watch any professional sports teams on TV. The people who used to get heavily into sports are generally people who don't watch much TV and thus don't have any "fandoms" to take part it so sports is their only alternative.

Most cartoons/anime do not age well. Aside from the big DC and Marvel cartoons, TMNT, Gargoyles, and a select few others...most other cartoons especially the comedic ones are difficult to watch as an adult. Anime these days has tended to de-volve into harem/romantic comedy/fanservice shows, stuff I'm not a fan of.

Videogames on the other hand are a blend of everything. You can play the Nintendo games, all the big Sony franchises, shooters, action games, adventure games, etc. I feel videogames lets me see everything I could from TV/cartoons/anime except there I can actually control and be a part of the universe, rather than just watching. Especially since now most modern games are basically interactive movies, unlike the only games of the past, (which I still enjoy too).

Honestly there's really not THAT much when you factor that 70% of any genre either doesn't appeal to you or is garbage. There are what...over 50 movies released each year in theaters, and the average person sees maybe 5 of them at most?

Fair enough, although that is fairly uncommon - most young people feel peer pressure to follow sports even if they don't want to. Kudos for not feeling that pressure at that age.

I'm sorta the opposite tbh - other than TMNT and some other cartoons I was always more into sports as a boy (Gargoyles is brilliant, btw). My interest in TV shows and comics etc came as I got older. I loved gaming as a boy but then I think almost every boy does. That's probably because of the reason you cite - there's so much variety and so many ways to enjoy the games; you can decide your own path rather than following the one whcih books, comics, shows set out for you. I'd truly love to get back into gaming again but I just can't focus enough to complete a game. Most I've done is play FIFA because it's a game where you can jump in, play a few games, then leave.

I only started getting into Anime about a year ago. I've seen Death Note and almost all of Monster, but I have lots to get through. I'd like to see Code Geass, Darker than Black and FMA: Brotherhood next. I will probably read DN manga as well.

Yeah, there is so much that is released but so little that is consumed proportionally. It's back to the paradox of choice - some people are compelled to watch everything just in case they're missing out on something they would absolutely love more than anything else. But, as you imply, the irony is that most stuff just isn't that impressive from a critical POV. I'm the type though who can enjoy something which isn't a masterpiece, or is even pretty average, as long as I find something I like about it. I'm the same with women - a woman doesn't have to be impressive as long as there's one single thing which I like about her.

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 09:01 PM
You know, I actually really relate to CC here. I can't absorb myself in so many things -- I have to have only one or two main interests at a time. Trying to juggle more than that, if they're of the same medium, is something I just can't handle.

I can currently juggle a video game [Pokémon], a traditional game [Yu-Gi-Oh TCG], one anime [Digimon], and one western animation [TMNT 2k3]. That's the most I've ever juggled before, and it's really difficult for me. Having a narrow interest pool keeps things easy to mentally manage.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Yep, perhaps what I do is more shallow. I probably don't get enough depth from what I am doing. I just have this urge to cover as much as I can - there is so much I find interesting but so little time.

Prowler
08-02-2014, 09:48 PM
I find it hard to keep track of most stuff coming out. I know there's a risk of getting spoiled if you only watch a tv show after it's over but I'm willing to take that risk. It's not like everyone doesn't end up getting spoiled sooner or later. And spoilers, while annoying, haven't really killed my entire interest in a show to this day.

It kinda sucks when your classmates/co-workers are talking about tv shows and you're like "what is that?" :lol: but I really find it hard to invest time into something. I mostly stick to video games, football, anime/manga, music and books. Rarely watch live action tv shows or movies. not because I'm not interested in such mediums but because I tend to prioritize other mediums over them. And of course, time is short. Plus, I find it hard to start something new. I always end up wondering if it's gonna be worth my time, and this doesn't just apply to movies and tv shows but to everything. 90% of the synopses I read don't really do much for me. Most things just seem to have premises that don't catch my interest.

The bad thing about this is that the backlog just keeps on growing which leads me to awful indecision when it's time to pick something. :lol:

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I rarely watch a show before it's ended. The most I'll do is wait until a season has ended and just sit down and watch that whole season, but I prefer getting to binge on a show than watch it in short bursts.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 09:51 PM
I find it hard to keep track of most stuff coming out. I know there's a risk of getting spoiled if you only watch a tv show after it's over but I'm willing to take that risk. It's not like everyone doesn't end up getting spoiled sooner or later. And spoilers, while annoying, haven't really killed my entire interest in a show to this day.

It kinda sucks when your classmates/co-workers are talking about tv shows and you're like "what is that?" :lol: but I really find it hard to invest time into something. I mostly stick to video games, foootball, anime/manga, music and books. Rarely watch live action tv shows or movies. not because I'm not interested in such mediums but because I tend to prioritize other mediums over them. And of course, time is short.

The bad thing about this is that the backlog just keeps on growing which leads me to awful indecision when it's time to pick something. :lol:

That's the dreaded word - 'backlog'!

And yeah, of course you are right. I know what you mean about shows as they air vs shows which are already concluded or well into their run. For one you can marathon the latter, which is more rewarding than watching on a weekly basis. That whole 'watercooler' effect is overrated imo.

I had a major spoiler ruined for me before I watched The Wire, and my mum ruined one in Hannibal. But you are right - it doesn't really affect enjoyment of the show.

"Yeah, I rarely watch a show before it's ended. The most I'll do is wait until a season has ended and just sit down and watch that whole season, but I prefer getting to binge on a show than watch it in short bursts."

I only really started taking notice of the American TV seasons back in 2011. Shows I have watched on a weekly basis since then (other than letting five or six eps stack up) include One Upon A Time, The Walking Dead and American Horror Story.

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Even back in the 90's I preferred binging on a show. I didn't actually watch Pokémon that much. I'd just get the episodes on VHS when they came out, and do huge marathons on the weekends.

I still have all those tapes. All those ****ing tapes it's ridiculous they need their own box

Prowler
08-02-2014, 09:56 PM
That's the dreaded word - 'backlog'!

And yeah, of course you are right. I know what you mean about shows as they air vs shows which are already concluded or well into their run. For one you can marathon the latter, which is more rewarding than watching on a weekly basis. That whole 'watercooler' effect is overrated imo.

I had a major spoiler ruined for me before I watched The Wire, and my mum ruined one in Hannibal. But you are right - it doesn't really affect enjoyment of the show.

"Yeah, I rarely watch a show before it's ended. The most I'll do is wait until a season has ended and just sit down and watch that whole season, but I prefer getting to binge on a show than watch it in short bursts."

I only really started taking notice of the American TV seasons back in 2011. Shows I have watched on a weekly basis since then (other than letting five or six eps stack up) include One Upon A Time, The Walking Dead and American Horror Story.
A couple of my friends like to give me flack for it "You STILL haven't watched or read Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire?!" :lol:

The thing is, I own the first book(got it for Christmas back in 2012) and I got the first season on DVD for Christmas next year, and still haven't touched either, even though I'm sure it's something I'd enjoy. :lol:

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 09:58 PM
This is why I'm so glad I don't usually watch live action shows. Nobody expects me to sit down and watch Supernatural/Game of Thrones/Doctor Who/Sherlock/Teen Wolf/whatever show is popular right now.

Prowler
08-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Even back in the 90's I preferred binging on a show. I didn't actually watch Pokémon that much. I'd just get the episodes on VHS when they came out, and do huge marathons on the weekends.

I still have all those tapes. All those ****ing tapes it's ridiculous they need their own box
I had trouble following most cartoons properly when I was a kid because I've never been one to wake up early during the weekends or holidays, so I ended up missing those cartoons. And it's not like I could constantly ask my mom to buy me VHS tapes to record them. :P Plus, I've always been allergic to dubs even as a kid. We sub everything here and used to sub cartoons as well. 97 TMNT and Tiny Toons were never dubbed here. And Space Jam(not a cartoon but you get my point) despite getting a dubbed version most people went for the sub instead since the dub was pretty bad.

Then Lion King and Toy Story come out, get pretty good dubs and they start dubbing kids cartoons. :roll: In fact, because of that, I didn't watch the 2k3 series all the way through until 2010 or so when I re-watched it on YT in English.

Of course, that didn't stop me from watching some dubbed anime back in the day. Thank god some anime here also aired in Japanese with subtitles.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 10:04 PM

Yep, but that's far easier now with DVRs, on-demand TV, Netflix etc. Back then lots of people didn't like scheduling their lives around the time the show aired, or if they did tape it it was a hassle.

I got rid of most of my tapes and went digital.

A couple of my friends like to give me flack for it "You STILL haven't watched or read Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire?!" :lol:

The thing is, I own the first book(got it for Christmas back in 2012) and I got the first season on DVD for Christmas next year, and still haven't touched either, even though I'm sure it's something I'd enjoy. :lol:

Hahaha, I am the same. I finally watched the first three seasons in time for season four. Really enjoyed them, and then didn't watch season four week to week either rofl. Plenty of time before season 5.

I will really have to read the A Song of Ice and Fire books some day, like you. Procrastination is sooooo easy ha.

Prowler
08-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Yep, but that's far easier now with DVRs, on-demand TV, Netflix etc. Back then lots of people didn't like scheduling their lives around the time the show aired, or if they did tape it it was a hassle.

A shame Netflix isn't available outside of a few countries. Seems like a great service.

And you know what's worse? Even knowing that you can easily watch tv shows, anime, read books, play games, etc. whenever you want these days, you're still lazy to actually do so. :lol:

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 10:11 PM
And it's not like I could constantly ask my mom to buy me VHS tapes to record them. :P
Yeah, Pokémon was a bit rarer in that there WERE so many VHS tapes for it and that I was allowed to actually get all of them. I had about 10 blank VHS tapes that I'd set up to record whatever I wanted to watch and would just marathon the show after the tape was filled up. Then re-record a different show over it. I did this so much it wasn't even funny, especially with things like DragonBall Z that had a long-running but consistent schedule.

I got rid of most of my tapes and went digital.
I'm in the process of doing this, but I'm keeping all my Pokémon tapes because they make for an impressive display.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 10:16 PM
A shame Netflix isn't available outside of a few countries. Seems like a great service.

And you know what's worse? Even knowing that you can easily watch tv shows, anime, read books, play games, etc. whenever you want these days, you're still lazy to actually do so. :lol:

You could create a UK or US PSN then use a proxy, I guess. Not sure exactly how to go about that in Portugal.

That's exactly what I meant by paradox of choice - there's so much at our fingertips that the choice is overwhelming, so we just say 'fvck it' and don't bother with anything. Akin to people who spend an hour looking through Netflix rather than actually viewing anything, lol.

I'm in the process of doing this, but I'm keeping all my Pokémon tapes because they make for an impressive display.

Aye, there is something special about that physical manifestation of something. But time and space constraints meant it became overwhelming for me.

Prowler
08-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Well I don't have any of the newer PlayStation consoles. The only one I have is PS2. And I also don't have an Xbox either, never had one.

I mostly stick to the PC these days.

Davetello
08-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Well I don't have any of the newer PlayStation consoles. The only one I have is PS2. And I also don't have an Xbox either, never had one.

I mostly stick to the PC these days.

That was just an example really - you could probably do it via a PC, tablet, phone etc.

CyberCubed
08-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah, Pokémon was a bit rarer in that there WERE so many VHS tapes for it and that I was allowed to actually get all of them. I had about 10 blank VHS tapes that I'd set up to record whatever I wanted to watch and would just marathon the show after the tape was filled up. Then re-record a different show over it. I did this so much it wasn't even funny, especially with things like DragonBall Z that had a long-running but consistent schedule.y.

Not to mention back then nobody could have possibly predicted that Pokemon would still be going on for over 800+ episodes with Ash still as the main character. The fact that the Pokemon anime has never ended, or at least retired Ash as the main lead, is pretty crazy.

Prowler
08-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Not to mention back then nobody could have possibly predicted that Pokemon would still be going on for over 800+ episodes with Ash still as the main character. The fact that the Pokemon anime has never ended, or at least retired Ash as the main lead, is pretty crazy.
Does he still plan on becoming a Pokémon master? And what does that entail, even? Owning all the Pokémon in the universe? Winning some tournament that crowns him as the best Pokémon trainer in the world?

Davetello
08-02-2014, 10:27 PM
That One Piece looks quite good, but there's no way I will ever watch it as 650 eps and counting is way too much to devote to a single show.

Poor One True Shredder. We have taken his thread off topic, lol.

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Does he still plan on becoming a Pokémon master? And what does that entail, even? Owning all the Pokémon in the universe? Winning some tournament that crowns him as the best Pokémon trainer in the world?
He should probably start by at least winning a regional tournament. He never even wins those.

Prowler
08-02-2014, 10:37 PM
He should probably start by at least winning a regional tournament. He never even wins those.
I guess they really wanna milk the cash cow forever. Can't blame them since the games still sell like hotcakes, but this probably means that once they need to finally ax the anime they'll rush the ending of it.

CyberCubed
08-02-2014, 10:50 PM
It still doesn't make sense why Ash wasn't retired as a main character. The kids watching Pokemon today weren't even born when the show first started, so the majority of the fanbase has never seen the earlier seasons.

Pokemon changes its entire cast anyway besides Ash and Team Rocket, so it doesn't make sense why they don't go all the way.

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Hey, at least there's Pokémon Origins.

TMNachoT
08-03-2014, 06:43 AM
I re-watch it from time to time, is the best tmnt cartoon, IMO!:D:D:D

tmntpower1988
08-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I re-watch it from time to time, is the best tmnt cartoon, IMO!:D:D:D

I agree and it's one of the best cartoons ever made as well. The fights the turtles have with Shredder and the Foot in season 1 are amazing. The Nick series has had some good fight scenes too but they don't compare to 'Shredder Strikes' and 'Shredder Strikes Back'.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-03-2014, 12:01 PM
I agree and it's one of the best cartoons ever made as well. The fights the turtles have with Shredder and the Foot in season 1 are amazing. The Nick series has had some good fight scenes too but they don't compare to 'Shredder Strikes' and 'Shredder Strikes Back'.

I think the reason that the 2k3 fight scenes are better than 2k12 is the 2k3 fight scenes are stylised. To me, 2k12 look too realistic, which means visually, they don't look as cool.

They do to me, anyway.

CyberCubed
08-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Season 3 was amazing. I can't believe how well handled the Triceraton invasion was , the intro of Bishop , how well done Shredder, Karai, Baxter , Hun and chaplain dynamic was. Even the fillers of Season 3 were fantastically improved.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Season 3 was amazing. I can't believe how well handled the Triceraton invasion was , the intro of Bishop , how well done Shredder, Karai, Baxter , Hun and chaplain dynamic was. Even the fillers of Season 3 were fantastically improved.

Personally, I prefer Season 4.

Netkeeper
08-03-2014, 01:49 PM
The first four seasons as a whole were incredible.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-03-2014, 01:54 PM

They are, aren't they?

Interestingly, Ash has only caught 71 of 649 Pokemon, never won any tournament other than the non-Canon Orange islands, and his skills get reset at the start of every season.

So as a trainer who wants to 'Be the greatest', he has a long way to go.

CyberCubed
08-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Pokemon is a show that was never meant to keep the same audience throughout its entire run. The show is rebooted because new kids watch the series for the first time and the older ones grow out of it and stop watching. This is why Ash's travel companions change, because they're from the new generations of the games and represent them and kids get to see new heroes over old ones.

Characters like Misty and Brock probably would have never been in the Johto saga had the writers done with it what they do with the show now. They probably would have been replaced with two Johto Gym leaders who would travel with Ash that arc instead.

Netkeeper
08-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Or the kids that showed up in the Legend of Thunder special.

CyberCubed
08-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Or the kids that showed up in the Legend of Thunder special.

Yeah, keep in mind in the games there wasn't a female playable character until Crystal version, instead of Gold/Silver. I often wonder if Misty would have left the anime at the end of Orange Islands had Kris/Marina existed with Gold/Silver instead of Crystal and been available to use from the start of the generation. I guess we'll never know, although it doesn't really matter now.

tmntpower1988
08-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I think the reason that the 2k3 fight scenes are better than 2k12 is the 2k3 fight scenes are stylised. To me, 2k12 look too realistic, which means visually, they don't look as cool.

They do to me, anyway.

I've started re-watching season 1 of the Nick series, is it just me or do the characters move weird especially when they're running?

I thought season 5 was good too. I'm glad there was a real human Oroku Saki.

Season 3 was the best season of the show.

Pokemon is a show that was never meant to keep the same audience throughout its entire run. The show is rebooted because new kids watch the series for the first time and the older ones grow out of it and stop watching. This is why Ash's travel companions change, because they're from the new generations of the games and represent them and kids get to see new heroes over old ones.

Characters like Misty and Brock probably would have never been in the Johto saga had the writers done with it what they do with the show now. They probably would have been replaced with two Johto Gym leaders who would travel with Ash that arc instead.

It's been years since I've watched Pokemon. I stopped watching it after season 5. Used to love playing Pokemon Yellow on the Game Boy. I bought Pokemon seasons 1-5 DVDs months ago but haven't got round to watching them.

CyberCubed
08-03-2014, 09:22 PM
For 4kids TMNT:

Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 4 > Season 2 > Season 5 > Season 6 > Season 7

I like them all though.

Prowler
08-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Season 1 and 3 were my favorites.

Season 2 was pretty good for the most part except for the fillers. The "Turtles in Space", the "Secret Origins" and the "Big Brawl" arcs were pretty fun.

Season 3 was the best one of the show, imo. The Triceraton invasion, while maybe a couple of eps longer than needed, was pretty well handled. Then, ofc, there's Bishop and all the great fights between the Turtles, Hun, Shredder, Karai, Bishop, etc.

Warhorse
08-04-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm watching the Tribunal arc this week actually. I never really sat down and watched it in it's entirety. I still get a kick out of Raph's "The old Turtle luck running true to form!"

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-04-2014, 04:04 AM

True, but Pokemon should have refelcted the games, where Red is in Season 1, then Season 2 Picks off with Gold. Kinda like a reboot. That way you can have people who watched one season not getting confused when the Person they watched growing up continusly getting their skills rebooted.

That way, everyone's happy.

Prowler
08-04-2014, 06:07 AM
True, but Pokemon should have refelcted the games, where Red is in Season 1, then Season 2 Picks off with Gold. Kinda like a reboot. That way you can have people who watched one season not getting confused when the Person they watched growing up continusly getting their skills rebooted.

That way, everyone's happy.
Well, back when I was a kid, everyone called Red Ash. t was even given as a suggestion in the game. It's not like we couldn't tell.

CyberCubed
08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
I still get a kick out of Raph's "The old Turtle luck running true to form!"

I actually get annoyed by how many times he says that. He says that in Season 1 and in the "Touch and Go" episode of Season 3 when the mob was chasing him and he came across a locked door.

Raphael also says things like, "I've got your ____, right here!" when preparing for battle. He usually changes the word I omitted based on what people say to him. I don't understand why he keeps repeating that line, "i've got your...right here!"

rickwj324
08-04-2014, 07:35 AM
The entire show is uploaded to youtube by the way. Apparently Nick doesn't remove 4kids episodes from youtube.

So anyone here who never watched the show just type in the episode names or numbers and have fun.

I recently started watching it on youtube since they aren't available on dvd. My son and I have watched the first 13 or so episodes. We both enjoy it so far.

I didn't get a chance to watch them when they aired originally and unfortunately I foolishly waited for them to release the show in seasons instead of those single-releases. :(

Come on and release these on dvd/blu already.

Warhorse
08-04-2014, 12:15 PM
I actually get annoyed by how many times he says that. He says that in Season 1 and in the "Touch and Go" episode of Season 3 when the mob was chasing him and he came across a locked door.

Raphael also says things like, "I've got your ____, right here!" when preparing for battle. He usually changes the word I omitted based on what people say to him. I don't understand why he keeps repeating that line, "i've got your...right here!"

Why not? It's normal for teenagers and people in general to have a particular phrase. It's kind of like their verbal signature. Like A.Schwartzenegger's "I'll Be Back!"

Yorae
08-05-2014, 01:52 AM
I'm marathoning Seasons 5,6 and 7 at the moment since these are my least watched seasons and I need a refresher on them (in particular FF!). So far up to "More Worlds than One" in Season 5.

I love the mystical concept in Season 5 but I feel like so much more could have been done with it. In particular the human acolytes who were pointless and added nothing to the story.
I wonder if the season was 26 episodes instead of 13 how the story would have progressed. More training/bonding episodes between the turtles and the human acolytes would have been a plus, in my opinion.

CyberCubed
08-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Season 5 definitely needed to be 26 episodes, they also would have made more episodes in NY in the middle with standalone adventures.

I also figure Rat King would have definitely gotten another episode had Season 5 been longer.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Season 5 definitely needed to be 26 episodes, they also would have made more episodes in NY in the middle with standalone adventures.

For a season that had a focused story arc, I'm not so sure 26 episodes would have done much. Keep in mind that one other episode the season could have had was Nightmares Recycled, and if you read the script on Peter Laird's blog, the episode was so laughable, so ludicrous, so unbearably stupid that it's a blessing it never aired. I know Pete was very good about proofreading the scripts and improving them, which is where a lot of the show's best episodes came from, but damn. If season 5 had been 26 episodes, those 13 other episodes would have likely started out as bad as Nightmares did.

CyberCubed
08-05-2014, 02:41 PM
For a season that had a focused story arc, I'm not so sure 26 episodes would have done much. Keep in mind that one other episode the season could have had was Nightmares Recycled, and if you read the script on Peter Laird's blog, the episode was so laughable, so ludicrous, so unbearably stupid that it's a blessing it never aired. I know Pete was very good about proofreading the scripts and improving them, which is where a lot of the show's best episodes came from, but damn. If season 5 had been 26 episodes, those 13 other episodes would have likely started out as bad as Nightmares did.

13 more episodes in the gap from when they returned to NY but before Demon Shredder came like that one Nano episode would have been ideal. This is what we could have gotten:

- Another Rat King episode, possibly adapting his arc with Splinter from City at War

- Leatherhead returns to the Utrom homeworld, something that never happened in the show but did in the Mirage comics. I'm really surprised the Turtles never did go back to explore the Utorm homeworld besides the trial of Ch'rell.

- 2-part adaption of Mirage #46-47, where the Turtles meet Savanti Romero again in ancient Japan along with Chote. This was Savanti's next story after the dinosaurs in the comics. Renet would have returned and been an adaption of the comics.

- Possible returns of Touch and Go, the mob, or other various minor villains thoughout the show?

- Various Tales or Volume 4 stories that could have been adapted

There was still more material.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-06-2014, 08:06 AM
I wonder who voted for Option 4

tmntpower1988
08-06-2014, 06:34 PM
I wonder who voted for Option 4

My guess is alliance since he hates the show so much :lol:

RomanceDawn
08-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Without the DVD's i'll just have to youtube as much as I can to give the series a rematch.

I was in high school when this originally aired and I'd go to school so excited to talk about it with my friends. Sadly I was just about the only one in my circles to give it a chance and I loved just about every minute of it. I had to invite friends over and a force an episode on them to show what it was like. Naturally as old school Ninja Turtle fans they loved it.

CyberCubed
08-07-2014, 06:02 PM
The entire show is uploaded to youtube for free. Just type in the episode names/numbers and you can watch the entire thing. Seriously, this is not that hard.

Prowler
08-08-2014, 09:52 AM
My guess is alliance since he hates the show so much :lol:
lol

But to be fair, plenty of people only watch shows once, regardless of their enjoyment of them. I do this mostly with anime. There's only a handful or so to this day that I have re-watched form the beginning to the end.

ObiWanFan4life
08-08-2014, 10:07 AM
I've re watched it, and in my opinion, it still holds up. But I find it hilarious how many times and ways The Shredder "dies" in this show, including :

- Drowning
- Falling off a several story building
- Death by water tower
- Decapitation
- Electrocution (Twice)
- Death by exploding freight boat
- Death by Triceraton
- Death by energy blast (SAINW)
- Freezing to death
- Cut in half with a magical sword
- Dragon Breath
- Erased from the turtleverse.

Prowler
08-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Haven't fully re-watched 2k3 TMNT yet. I must have fully re-watched FW TMNT almost a dozen times in my whole life, but that series is easier to pick up and you can always skip an episode or two and not miss anything.

Yes, Shredder does "die" many times and Baxter gets mutilated very often. Back when i was a kid it was kinda cool thinking the villains were gone and them re-appearing later but as an adult it just kinda feels ridiculous re-watching some eps. It's like those anime where nobody seems to die no matter how much damage they take. :lol:

I haven't watched any other cartoon from its period nor do I watch any current cartoon, but I don't think the series has aged badly except for the Matrix references with the guardians.

ObiWanFan4life
08-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Haven't fully re-watched 2k3 TMNT yet. I must have fully re-watched FW TMNT almost a dozen times in my whole life, but that series is easier to pick up and you can always skip an episode or two and not miss anything.

Yes, Shredder does "die" many times and Baxter gets mutilated very often. Back when i was a kid it was kinda cool thinking the villains were gone and them re-appearing later but as an adult it just kinda feels ridiculous re-watching some eps. It's like those anime where nobody seems to die no matter how much damage they take. :lol:

I haven't watched any other cartoon from its period nor do I watch any current cartoon, but I don't think the series has aged badly except for the Matrix references with the guardians.

Don't forget Leo looking like Morpheus in Same As it Never Was.

Prowler
08-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Don't forget Leo looking like Morpheus in Same As it Never Was.
That's a bit weird since I'm sure the height of the Matrix's popularity was already gone by then(2005).

I feel like the only person in the world born in 1990 who hasn't watched either The Matrix series or the movie Titanic. :lol:

CyberCubed
08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
The majority of the show is fantastic. There were a few boring fillers or one-off episodes I didn't like such as Junklantis but that's the same for any show.

Fast Forward is also very underrated. Had the animation been the same as the first 5 seasons and the catch phrases not existed it would have been seen as almost as good.

Netkeeper
08-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Fast Forward is also very underrated. Had the animation been the same as the first 5 seasons and the catch phrases not existed it would have been seen as almost as good.
If it had been animated the same, I probably would have seen it as a decline but still watchable. But the thing I didn't like the most about those last two seasons WAS the animation. I thought it was ugly, and had no interest in watching it. Still don't.

Raphies
08-08-2014, 08:01 PM
If it had been animated the same, I probably would have seen it as a decline but still watchable. But the thing I didn't like the most about those last two seasons WAS the animation. I thought it was ugly, and had no interest in watching it. Still don't.

Agreed. That's probably the thing that bothers me most about Fast Forward (I have not watched BTTS at all). I still don't think the future was the greatest idea but the stories are ok. Like I haven't finished it yet.

Netkeeper
08-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I tried to watch it two or three times and it couldn't carry my interest.

CyberCubed
08-08-2014, 08:09 PM
I really cannot understand why you can't sit through the whole thing at least once. Its practically the same show set in the future.

is it really any different than Turtles in Space or all the alternate dimension episodes?

Netkeeper
08-08-2014, 08:10 PM
For me, yeah, it feels like it. I didn't like the different opening, the brighter and "shinier" animation [why did their masks have highlights!? they look like they're made of PLASTIC!] and the writing took a bit of a dip too. At that point it was a different show entirely, just with the same voice cast...

Honestly I think I would have liked it a lot more if they had changed the voice cast.

CyberCubed
08-08-2014, 08:14 PM
The color was brighter and the animation was different, but the actual writing was hardly any different. All the big Bishop, Shoko'nobo, and Dark Turtles episodes was as good as a regular 2k3 episode. The Inuwashi Gunjin episodes are also well done.

The weaker episodes focused on filler villains like Triple Threat and Jammerhead. Also the good thing is Cody Jones wasn't written as big of a kid-sidekick Mary sue as he could have been, thankfully.

Netkeeper
08-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I will give it that. Cody wasn't as bad as I've seen some people say he was. I rather liked him.

CyberCubed
08-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Oh, and I forgot about that excellent Baxter Stockman episode in FF. A bit of a shame we never saw him get a new body.

pharaohyami5000
08-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah. Fast Forward is a bright saga out of the 2k3 series, but my main issue with this one is that it doesn't feel... done. Dark Turtles, Torbin Zixx, Triceratons, Darius Dunn, there's so much there that felt the stories there are incomplete. LikeI want to know how the Ninja Tribunal is fairing in the new century and whatnot.

Fast Forward feels a bit like the Classic TMNT, with the plot and spirit of 2k3 staying intact instead of being overhauled. Coming from the turtle's heavy battling and dark atmosphere from the previous 5 seasons, it's a nice change of pace for the turtles and Splinter being a little more expressive and worry less of the enemy's motives just for this saga (though again, I wish it didn't feel rushed through to the end of Season 6). Since I have seen the Classics, this saga doesn't bother me. Much.

Netkeeper
08-09-2014, 06:24 PM
IIRC, the voice actors hated FF, to the point where one of them [I want to say Greg Abbey or Wayne Grayson] said if they could just go back to regular episodes, he'd voice one for free.

CyberCubed
08-09-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't recall the voice actors saying that, but it is obvious they would have prefered the show to have the same tone.

Raphies
08-09-2014, 10:04 PM
No, Netkeeper was right, it was Wayne Grayson who said that.

You can watch it here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfn67cKaFjA&list=UULH0JpCm9fO6_IiIWtHSufg), and he starts sayin' that at around 16:00 if you don't really want to watch it all.

LeoRaph
08-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Rewatching the series with my daughter, I managed to buy the 1st box set back in the day but they never released the other box sets for quite a few years after where I kept putting off buying them till it was too late. So I'm hunting them down individually through amazon now. In the meantime, we're going to watch from youtube till they arrive here.

Btw, love the subtleties of Shredder being an utrom, the sword of Tengu having an utrom on the top of it and when he is Saki the bottom half of his torso is 'hidden' by wrappings.

Davetello
08-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Finished my rewatch the other night. Feel like going again from the start :lol: But there are other things I want to do/watch/read.

Fang Wolf
08-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Hm, I have plan on rewatching 2003 from begin. :)
It's a good show, but I do not really like is....Master Shredder is a slimy bug. :tgrumble: