PDA

View Full Version : I haven't seen the movie yet...

Bo Staff.
08-11-2014, 02:35 PM
How was it? Did it live up to haters' theories that it would be full of Bayisms? Don't spoil it for me, please!

SwiftNinjaFox
08-11-2014, 02:46 PM
It hits all the expected marks of a Bay film, yep.

Purse Grabbin Puke
08-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Please just go see it, and form your own opinion. I think this is a movie where you don't want other's opinions creeping in while you watch it.

beeshaw
08-11-2014, 02:53 PM
I will say this: It was a fun movie and I enjoyed myself. I was grinning ear to ear any time the Turtles were on screen.

It's not nearly the piece of **** a lot of people would lead you to believe, but obviously there is much room for improvement.

IndigoErth
08-11-2014, 02:57 PM
There's certainly things I'd change about it, but it's a fun, easy watch really. They make you smile/laugh plenty enough. :)

I'll admit, if I could spare the cash to go see it again, maybe 3D this time, I might. And I've always been a one viewing kind of person with movies.

Sabacooza
08-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I will say this: It was a fun movie and I enjoyed myself. I was grinning ear to ear any time the Turtles were on screen.

It's not nearly the piece of **** a lot of people would lead you to believe, but obviously there is much room for improvement.Exactly this.

Kenneth
08-11-2014, 03:00 PM
I think it's the best TMNT movie to hit the big screen! I'm excited to hear about the sequel, and hope the TMNT franchise continues to do well.

Radical Raph
08-11-2014, 03:02 PM
How was it? Did it live up to haters' theories that it would be full of Bayisms? Don't spoil it for me, please!
Yes. Terribly structured story with thin characters.

SwiftNinjaFox
08-11-2014, 03:03 PM
I'll say I thought the movie was bad, but nothing about typical "Bayhem" had any impact on that.

With the exception of one "typical Bay" aspect, I thought the Bayisms actually worked to the film's benefit.

All my problems with the film are largely in the hands of the writers of the screenplay, then on Liebesman, and a little bit of splash over onto Bay. And that's after months of me saying "Bay gets top billing, he can take the brunt of the anger too."

ABrown
08-11-2014, 03:06 PM
I haven't seen the movie either. To be honest, it kinda looks like a big waste of $10.

Bry
08-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Honestly? I thought it was a badly-written, badly-directed, sloppy mess of a movie. You may find some moments in it you enjoy. But if you expect a movie to have a story that makes sense and at least holds together with its own internal logic... look elsewhere.

And if well-represented characters (Shredder and Karai in particular) and something close to the backstory, tone and key plot points from the series are at all important to you, this movie might infuriate you. Fair warning.

The True Shredder
08-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Please just go see it, and form your own opinion. I think this is a movie where you don't want other's opinions creeping in while you watch it.

Yet you like to push your own Opinions on people who disagree with you. Your a hypocrite.

Xiewin
08-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Loved the turtles, but the story was lackluster and felt rushed.

demonsweat
08-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm going to go with "depressingly bad." And add that it does indeed feel exactly like Bayformers in just about every aspect. :cry:

Warboss74
08-11-2014, 03:20 PM
To play off a quote from Tropical Thunder, you have go full retarded to enjoy this film in my opinion.

Xiewin
08-11-2014, 03:23 PM
To play off a quote from Tropical Thunder, you have go full retarded to enjoy this film in my opinion.

...really?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
08-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Yet you like to push your own Opinions on people who disagree with you. Your a hypocrite.

like you do?

The True Shredder
08-11-2014, 03:27 PM

Seems that's the current trend right now.

Ninjinister
08-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Your a hypocrite.

His a hypocrite what?

demonsweat
08-11-2014, 03:29 PM

That's a little harsh, dude. I don't like the movie either, but calling people retards is only going to lead to more of this:

like you do?

And you two, come on. Shredder, you already helped get the reviews thread locked (which sucks, because I really wanted to post mine ...). Bickering like this is just shitposting, it adds nothing to the discussion. :ohwell:

The True Shredder
08-11-2014, 03:36 PM
That's a little harsh, dude. I don't like the movie either, but calling people retards is only going to lead to more of this:

And you two, come on. Shredder, you already helped get the reviews thread locked (which sucks, because I really wanted to post mine ...). Bickering like this is just shitposting, it adds nothing to the discussion. :ohwell:

That's great except you forgot one tiny little thing...its your opinion sadly. And you don't know anything about thatreview thread so stop assuming please.

demonsweat
08-11-2014, 03:50 PM
That's great except you forgot one tiny little thing...its your opinion sadly. And you don't know anything about thatreview thread so stop assuming please.

I read the entire thread from start to finish last night. You remember the part where Jester quoted you and locked the thread immediately after? That's (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48565&page=59) what I'm talking about. :ohwell:

Warboss74
08-11-2014, 03:59 PM
That's a little harsh, dude. I doretarded. ke the movie either, but calling people retards is only going to lead to more of this:

I never called anyone a retarded nor did I say anyone was a retard for enjoying the movie.

massakre
08-11-2014, 04:02 PM

THIS. I found it fun/enjoyable but the story itself was weak imo

The True Shredder
08-11-2014, 04:03 PM
I read the entire thread from start to finish last night. You remember the part where Jester quoted you and locked the thread immediately after? That's (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48565&page=59) what I'm talking about. :ohwell:

Right...and if you actually messaged him about it Jester said he was going to lock the thread anyways and that mine was just the last message unfortunately. Plus it was a joke. So instead of just assuming maybe you should actually reach out to the conflicting parties and see what's up rather than just assuming based on what you thought you saw.

SwiftNinjaFox
08-11-2014, 04:03 PM

Fichtner's the dude playin' the dude disguised as another dude!

(I just like Tropic Thunder and wanted to respond :D )

demonsweat
08-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Right...and if you actually messaged him about it Jester said he was going to lock the thread anyways and that mine was just the last message unfortunately. Plus it was a joke. So instead of just assuming maybe you should actually reach out to the conflicting parties and see what's up rather than just assuming based on what you thought you saw.

I saw pages of arguing between you and several other members without adding anything of value to the thread. Which I also saw beginning to happen here ... and now I'm getting caught up in it. :roll: So, I'm out.

Shark_Blade
08-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Movie of the year tbh. :tcool:

Jester
08-11-2014, 04:21 PM
His was just the last post...I could have quoted the last several pages. Drop it.

Bo Staff.
08-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the reviews guys. I'll go see it and form my own opinion. So far reviews seem mixed. I watched the Jeremy Jahns review and he gave the film his second lowest rating, "Might be a good time if you're drunk," which, in more common terms, is basically "two out of five stars."

Warboss74
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
...really?
I did think it fit with my take on all the issues the film had. I'm saying you have to check your mind at the door to enjoy the film in my opinion. With that said, I guess the jokes on me because AutoCorrect or phone memory changed retard to retarded. I can't remember using retarded that often on my phone that it would ad the ed. And I see it changed Tropic to Tropical as well.

The True Shredder
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
I saw pages of arguing between you and several other members without adding anything of value to the thread. Which I also saw beginning to happen here ... and now I'm getting caught up in it. :roll: So, I'm out.

Like I was the one who found you. You came to me with the thread being locked because of me. I gave you the TRUE reason and if you don't want to believe it and makesome type of crazy debunked theory than I have nothing to say to you. Remember you came to me. Not I.

demonsweat
08-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Sorry Jester. And to The One True Shredder--I apologize. I was not trying to single you out or anything. I've just seen so much fighting on this side of the forum and you're right, I guess I misinterpreted what I read. My bad.

IndigoErth
08-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the reviews guys. I'll go see it and form my own opinion. So far reviews seem mixed. I watched the Jeremy Jahns review and he gave the film his second lowest rating, "Might be a good time if you're drunk," which, in more common terms, is basically "two out of five stars."
Yeah, if interested I think it's worth checking out. I didn't go in expecting to be blown away or anything, just entertained a bit for 90ish min and it did score with me about where I thought it would.

Had a couple things been different I'd prob up it's score by a mark, but it still did fairly well vs me humble expectations.

slingtheory
08-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the reviews guys. I'll go see it and form my own opinion. So far reviews seem mixed. I watched the Jeremy Jahns review and he gave the film his second lowest rating, "Might be a good time if you're drunk," which, in more common terms, is basically "two out of five stars." I was drunk (well buzzed anyway) and it was still bad

scratch
08-11-2014, 05:45 PM
It was a "fun" action movie fine for the current new crop of TMNT fans but the plot holes will keep you up at night if you think too hard about it. Just see it to see it. It does not look bad, I like the way shredder fights and the look of the turtles kind of grows on you.