PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 3 What happen?

MikLeo
08-11-2014, 02:18 PM
The first two were good but the 3nd what happen? I remember that the 1 and 2 were huge success and with that kind of success I thought the 3 would have better. My friend believe the New Line Cinema didn't want to invest on another TMNT movie but I doubt it anyway Any thought on why the 3 was so bad?

SwiftNinjaFox
08-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Let me ask you this. When was the last time you watched TMNT 3?

When I watched it last, it was better than I remembered it being. The costumes clearly were not up to quality, but the overall film and plot weren't as bad as I had convinced myself they were over the years.

Sanjuro
08-11-2014, 03:25 PM
The horse wasn't quite dead, but they beat it anyway.

pannoni1
08-11-2014, 03:34 PM
It seemed like the crew just phoned it in more for this movie, despite having two years compared to one between the first and second original movies. Its been discussed to death (basically everything pre-2001 TMNT except for some of the comics), and it was no where nearly as witty as the first two movies, with the "Help! I'm a Turtle and I can't get up" showing that what came out was dry. It came at a time where any story that lacks the Shredder (what seemingly killed the OT back then) meant that it wasn't interesting to see, which is a shame since it provided a perfect opportunity to introduce the original forefathers of Oroku Saki. April as a damsel in distress was also getting tired as shown through the OT exposure. Believe it or not, the third movie did top the box office for the opening week, so it showed how prior successes provided a letdown, allowing the audience to not tell others to see it.

Nick Kell
08-11-2014, 03:52 PM
It was on TV last night, so I watched it for the first time since it came out originally. I'm sure I saw it in theaters, but I have no recollection of it.

It's just impossible to look past the costumes. What was the deal with the eye holes under the bandanas? How did the actors see in the first two movies?

d_osborn
08-11-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm not quite sure what happened with it. Eastman and Laird were both wanting a return to the tone of the first film.