PDA

View Full Version : Word of Mouth-Have you talked someone into seeing it/not seeing it?

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
08-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Today a dad came into my work to buy some Pokemon cards for his kids and he mentioned that he was planning on heading to the theater to see TMNT. I told him it'd probably be an arduous ordeal for him and to check out Guardians of the Galaxy instead.

Coola Yagami
08-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Not really. At least where I am, for better or for worse they're gonna see it anyway. Either hoping it's not as bad or to see if it is that bad.

Bry
08-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Today a dad came into my work to buy some Pokemon cards for his kids and he mentioned that he was planning on heading to the theater to see TMNT. I told him it'd probably be an arduous ordeal for him and to check out Guardians of the Galaxy instead.

I won't lie, I've done this a bunch of times. A good few folks I've recommended Guardians to really liked it, so I figure I'm doing good work. ;)

The Boston Ninja Turtle
08-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Ive done it...while at comic con alot of my cosplay buds asked me what i thought of turtles, and they wanted to hear my thoughts before seeing it, and i told them to steer clear of it..i know i am a bad person

plastroncafe
08-12-2014, 09:45 PM
I didn't have to, all of my regular movie buddies told me I was on my own.
Still haven't seen it, but I'm spoiled for pretty much all of it.

Xiewin
08-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Not going to lie, I convinced alot of people to go and see it before it even came out.

Warhorse
08-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Eh, I tried to lie to my friends who asked me (especially the guy who was giving me all of the Crush boxes so I can get free tickets) and I would say that the movie was OK, I liked it, but they can see right through me.

turtlefanforever
08-12-2014, 09:59 PM
People who are going to go see it are going to go see it. It's hard to sway. I will rave about GOTG though!

terrorblade
08-12-2014, 10:15 PM
I tried to warn my friends that this movie is just slightly better than GotG, they still went and see it though. oh well

chrisdude
08-12-2014, 10:24 PM
I would've tried to convince people to go, but it seems like everybody I know has seen it or is planning to go. My boss, my coworkers, my friends. People weren't sure what to expect, but no one was really on the fence about going. That being said, they all liked it. Only online have I seen anyone not satisfied with it.