PDA

View Full Version : Instead of Casey in the movies, why not Nobody?

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Hey everyone, I just had a crazy idea for the movie series! Since we're borrowing so much from IDW for the turtles movies, let's do something radically diffrent! Instead of bringing in Casey Jones for the 1,000th time as the Turtles vigilante friend, why not take a page from IDW and bring Angel Bridge in as the vigilante hero Nobody? I think it might add a new dyanamic to the fights, and a new dynamic to the turtles's friendship with thier vigilante ally.

And everyone, I am really serious about this. As much as I think Casey is cool, maybe it would be nice, just once, to have the main vigilante human ally be someone a little diffrent and more interesting. How many times to we have to see 'pissed off Raph finds someone to bond with who understands his anger just because'.Why not a new angle on the main human vigalante friend?

Lou 500
08-13-2014, 11:06 AM
I dunno, isn't Nobody a parody of Batman? They already poked fun at The Dark Knight in the first film. I feel like people might get irked if it's brought up again and used for a longer duration.

chrisdude
08-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone, I just had a crazy idea for the movie series! Since we're borrowing so much from IDW for the turtles movies, let's do something radically diffrent! Instead of bringing in Casey Jones for the 1,000th time as the Turtles vigilante friend, why not take a page from IDW and bring Angel Bridge in as the vigilante hero Nobody? I think it might add a new dyanamic to the fights, and a new dynamic to the turtles's friendship with thier vigilante ally.

And everyone, I am really serious about this. As much as I think Casey is cool, maybe it would be nice, just once, to have the main vigilante human ally be someone a little diffrent and more interesting. How many times to we have to see 'pissed off Raph finds someone to bond with who understands his anger just because'.Why not a new angle on the main human vigalante friend? I feel like TMNT is the only movie that really touched on that dynamic… I'd love to see Raph and Casey bust heads together.

I bet there would still be a lot of excitement to see Casey Jones back. Most people haven't seen him 1000 times. This would be his big return after the original trilogy. And if they used Angel, people would definitely be asking, "Who is this, and why didn't they use Casey Jones?" Not that I have anything against the character.

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-13-2014, 12:42 PM
I dunno, isn't Nobody a parody of Batman? They already poked fun at The Dark Knight in the first film. I feel like people might get irked if it's brought up again and used for a longer duration.

Nobody has become something a bit diffrent in IDW, giving Angel's character something interesting to work with.

I feel like TMNT is the only movie that really touched on that dynamic… I'd love to see Raph and Casey bust heads together.

I bet there would still be a lot of excitement to see Casey Jones back. Most people haven't seen him 1000 times. This would be his big return after the original trilogy. And if they used Angel, people would definitely be asking, "Who is this, and why didn't they use Casey Jones?" Not that I have anything against the character.

Outside of the Mirage comics, we've now had that dnamic in; the 1st movie, the 2k3 series, the 2007 movie, the nick series, and in a much diffrent scenario, IDW. I think there would still be excitement to see him back, yes. But I also think it might be interesting to do something diffrent.

CyberCubed
08-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Nobody even knows who Nobody even is outside the TMNT fandom.

He's an obscure character that appeared in only a handful of Mirage comics and like 2 episodes of the 4kids show.

909 Turtle Fan
08-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Interesting idea but nah, I would rather see Casey. As long as he is played by a caucasian actor lol Jk

Xav
08-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Nobody even knows who Nobody even is outside the TMNT fandom.

He's an obscure character that appeared in only a handful of Mirage comics and like 2 episodes of the 4kids show.Actually he appeared in 8 episodes.

KROW
08-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Too much back story for a mostly obscure character.

Jester
08-13-2014, 04:43 PM
I agree with everyone else. Most people relate Casey to the Turtles franchise. Nobody, besides comic and 4kids fans even knows Nobody. Now if they made Casey INTO Nobody at some point....maybe.

Darthknuxward
08-13-2014, 04:47 PM
As much as I like Nobody, no. Just no.

Shark_Blade
08-13-2014, 04:54 PM
I much prefer Irma.

Taylor could just be Irma's middle name or something.

alliance
08-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Keno>>>>>>>>>>>casey

shaunatello
08-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Gotta have Casey in it. And I was thinking.. if Casey does appear in the sequel and went with the IDW angle on him. It'd be cool to have Elias Koteas play CJ's father. He IS still alive, right??

Shark_Blade
08-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Or maybe literally "nobody" at all. I prefer the current party with April and the turtles only (and maybe Vernon too).

More screentime for Megan :tlove:.

The True Shredder
08-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Or maybe literally "nobody" at all. I prefer the current party with April and the turtles only (and maybe Vernon too).

More screentime for Megan :tlove:.

No just no!

thebrownranger
08-14-2014, 01:38 PM

And everyone, I am really serious about this. As much as I think Casey is cool, maybe it would be nice, just once, to have the main vigilante human ally be someone a little diffrent and more interesting. How many times to we have to see 'pissed off Raph finds someone to bond with who understands his anger just because'.Why not a new angle on the main human vigalante friend?

Nah son...

hitmonkey
08-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Keno>>>>>>>>>>>casey

False. Elias Koteas as Casey Jones is pretty much the best thing in any TMNT film to date.

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Nah son...

See, I don't get this. :ohwell: To me, ethier version of Nobody- the African-American cop or Angel Bridge trying to protect her neighborhood- would be more interesting than a human 2nd Raph with sports gear who gets together with april just becuase they are the only two main humans who are the turtles's friends. I get Casey is Classic and iconic, But Nobody has some potential I'd love to see explored in a version that doesn't have Casey running around. I guess most TMNT are just to hung up on him. Ah well, get ready for Casey Jones mark 6. :ohwell: