PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 2014 Deleted Scenes

Darthknuxward
08-13-2014, 06:14 PM
So I went to see the new movie on Friday and it thought it was decent. But something I noticed was, where was Raph in his undercover disguise? It looks like they cut a few others as well. Does anybody have anymore info?

leorapheatellangelo
08-13-2014, 06:19 PM
So I went to see the new movie on Friday and it thought it was decent. But something I noticed was, where was Raph in his undercover disguise? It looks like they cut a few others as well. Does anybody have anymore info?

There was at least a couple. One was where they were dancing in the elevator, I saw it on a trailer but not in the movie. Another is splinter telling each one what they should focus on "Leo be one with the blade,etc"

TigerClaw
08-13-2014, 06:25 PM
There is also a deleted scene of April and Vernon fighting against the Foot Soldiers.

IndigoErth
08-13-2014, 06:27 PM
I've been looking but so far haven't come across anything. At the very least I hope they include the 'deleted' stuff on the disks. I have a feeling they cut out/shortened a lot of pieces throughout this thing. :\

I really want to see the elevator scene intact, after seeing so many bits and pieces in the trailers.. I was waiting to see all of that in the theater - and then it was cut so brief! Was a bit disappointed in that. *hmph* They really should put the whole elevator bit online...

Autbot_Benz
08-13-2014, 06:34 PM
They should do an Extended Blu Ray/DVD release of the movie with all the missing scenes put in.

IndigoErth
08-13-2014, 06:44 PM
They should do an Extended Blu Ray/DVD release of the movie with all the missing scenes put in.
Very very much hoping so.

Don't know why they tried to make the movie so short compared to the 2hr norm these days. Most fans would probably have gladly sat there for 3 if it included more down time and character development.

Coola Yagami
08-13-2014, 06:45 PM
It won't make sense though. Most of the cut/deleted scenes were stuff with Fichtner as Shredder. How is that gonna fit in with what we already saw?

Mellie
08-13-2014, 08:17 PM
God I hope there's bonus clips or an extended movie release! So much seemed missing.. like in the flashback Splinter is all "Katanas are for the leader, Leonardo" and basically just cut there, not introducing the other three weapons. There's so many more examples.

Electric
08-13-2014, 08:39 PM
It won't make sense though. Most of the cut/deleted scenes were stuff with Fichtner as Shredder. How is that gonna fit in with what we already saw?

you dont know for sure is thats the case?

the elevator scene cut has nothing to do with that

the raph in disguise i doubt does. probably more of a comedy edge to it. april trying to get raph to verns van without him being noticed or something.

we really dont know when or how much was changed if at all by changing shredder, but i highly doubt a lot of the deleted scenes have to do with that, just ones like "we were trying to create heros" or sachs looking at the armor

Leo656
08-13-2014, 10:22 PM
One of the dudes from Latino Review apparently said he was on set and saw quite a few things filmed that were not in the movie, especially scenes proving Sachs was Shredder originally. A substantial amount of the basic story likely went out the window due to the last minute changes.

They might still have a lot of that stuff on the DVD, but it depends on how much they want to admit about how badly they botched production. The fact they basically shot a bunch of stuff last-minute and changed the entire plot due to fan backlash isn't something they're likely gonna want to advertise. They might, though, we'll see. That'd definitely make the DVD worth the price all by itself.

TheCanadiandrome
08-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Yes indeed 8)

M-Frame
08-13-2014, 11:12 PM
...I wish they had stuck with what they had, rather than trying to please people who will never be happy. It did seem quite obvious to me that Sacks was originally Shredder. The change seemed to create a massive disconnect between Shredder and the rest of the characters. It is unfortunate. And on top of that, with Sacks no longer being Shredder, his character does seem a bit unnecessary. They tied it all in together in a reasonable fashion, but they should have just left him as Shredder.

There was no 'backlash' by the fans with this movie, and there would not have been one had they left their story alone. I've said many times before on this board, all of the hardcore fans around here need to realize that they are an extreme minority. Once upon a time, TMNT was one of the biggest brands in the world. All of the people who watched it back in the late 80's and early 90's are adults now, and most haven't watched anything TMNT related since that time. They will still go see this movie (they came out in strong numbers this past weekend), they don't give a **** if Shredder is Oroku Saki. If you survey'd the full theatres I would be willing to bet that 90% of the audience couldn't name Saki or Hamato Yoshi...

^^^Truth. Quoted for emphasis.

Of course Sachs would've made more sense to the plot if he had been Shredder!! Like I said in another thread, it was waaaaay too late in the game for them to start changing things and they should've stayed on the route they were originally taking with the movie. Whether or not it would've been a better movie is anyone's guess, but I think we would've got a more coherent and complete storyline. It's funny seeing fans criticize the director/studio for the way they went about changing the Shredder from Sacks to Oroku Saki when these same fans' collective indignation was the reason they made said change to begin with!! With that being said, casting a white guy as Shredder in the first place was ridiculous, of course.

IndigoErth
08-13-2014, 11:15 PM
They might still have a lot of that stuff on the DVD, but it depends on how much they want to admit about how badly they botched production.
That's the awkward part I think though. It's like...we already realize this... we see your elephant in the room, but we'll just let you keep pretending it's not there. lol Eesh, it's there, we know it, you know it, just show us the footage and we'll not speak of this agian. lol

Coola Yagami
08-13-2014, 11:52 PM
^^^Truth. Quoted for emphasis.

Of course Sachs would've made more sense to the plot if he had been Shredder!! Like I said in another thread, it was waaaaay too late in the game for them to start changing things and they should've stayed on the route they were originally taking with the movie. Whether or not it would've been a better movie is anyone's guess, but I think we would've got a more coherent and complete storyline. It's funny seeing fans criticize the director/studio for the way they went about changing the Shredder from Sacks to Oroku Saki when these same fans' collective indignation was the reason they made said change to begin with!! With that being said, casting a white guy as Shredder in the first place was ridiculous, or course.

Well.... it was kind of their own dumbass fault for casting Fichtner as Shredder to being with so..... Kinda brought it upon themselves. They should have just started over or given this movie another year. They were clearly not ready to make a TMNT movie.

sethmartin
08-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Deleted Scenes:

In the movie, there is no mention of "trying to create heroes". Even the scene in front of the Japanese wall failed to include this.

Splinter never says "You live, you die, you fight as brothers".

When Fichtner said in that interview, "I play a guy named Eric Sachs. And we find out that Eric Sachs is someone else too"- Eric Sacks was only Eric Sacks in the film

TCRI Canisters from the trailer- There is no mention of TCRI in the film.

Blips
08-14-2014, 12:29 AM
the raph in disguise i doubt does. probably more of a comedy edge to it. april trying to get raph to verns van without him being noticed or something.

we really dont know when or how much was changed if at all by changing shredder, but i highly doubt a lot of the deleted scenes have to do with that, just ones like "we were trying to create heros" or sachs looking at the armor

Originally Vernon encountered the Turtles before meeting Raphael in the van. Remember this shot from the first trailer?
http://static.businessinsider.com/image/533447deeab8eac13412cef4/image.jpg
That appears to be during the lair attack, so the Raph in disguise scene might've been April and Vernon trying to help him sneak around the city.

Also, the official b-roll that was released for the film hints at lots of scenes that did not make the final cut. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSrQstorlg)

There's been some discussion about how much and exactly what was cut in another thread. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48747)

Xiewin
08-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Most of the deleted scenes in the B-Roll footage looks alot better than what we got in the actual film.

DioLeo451
08-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Most of the deleted scenes in the B-Roll footage looks alot better than what we got in the actual film.
Yeah also in the Behind the scenes like
Actual foot ninjas in Shredders Dojo
April waking up in their lair
Just more turtle screentime which was completely forgotten about in the final cut it's really infuriating the more I think about it

ZacksSoUgly
08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
I think this discussion raises an interesting question :

Would the movie have been better if they left the story and editing alone? Sure, we would of all been mad about the "white Shredder", but if it gives us a more coherent and concise movie then maybe it wasn't a bad idea.

Will the deleted scenes give us a better connection to the Turtles? Or will they just be more goofs and joke sequences? Was Shredder added after fan outrage? Did that affect the movie the way some people on here think it did? Or was it going to be bad no matter which way you slice it?

We may never know, but there's one thing that is for certain : this movie could have been better - WAY better.

Raven
08-14-2014, 08:06 PM
I remember from the Nick BTS special a while back they had a clip of the turtles fighting (I think the Shredder) in what appeared to be a dojo, the same one Saki kept showing up in.

Also the foot elite from the same special.

I think the recent reshoots involving Saki really hurt this movies overall potential. They basically made one villain into two and watered them down to pointless lackeys for no one. I think some of the stuff that was cut could have added to the film, but its hard to say.

I personally was mad when I noticed Raph running around in the giant trench coat was cut, I was looking forward to that.