PDA

View Full Version : Elements from the leaked script that stayed (an analysis)

saul
08-13-2014, 10:25 PM
SPOILERS

A while back an early draft of the script to the new 2014 movie leaked and caused an uproar on the internet. We were assured that that draft was not going to be used, and some people even doubted if the script was legit, but how much of the material stayed in the final film? Shall we count the ways?

- Foot are military "black-clad soldiers", not ninjas (pg 1)
- Turtles are imprisoned in an "enormous steel kennel" (pg 1)
- Their size and build: "standing near six-and-half feet" "rippled with muscles" (pg 15)
- The Turtles are captured, have their fluids drained and are exhausted (in the script it's their DNA that they drain from Mike, not his "blood" for mutagen). (pg15)
- Leo calls Raph off from being overly aggressive toward a human (Casey in script) (pg18)
- Deflecting bullets with their shells (happens a lot)
- In the movie Leo and Raph both smash into vehicles with their shells, but in the script they often do this tucked completely into their shells (like pinballs).
- A getaway chase in an 18-wheeler.
- Car chase down a snowy hillside sliding on ice.
- Flip an SUV during the chase
- Violently tossing a Foot into stack of shipping barrels (in the movie a Foot is tossed into a ship crate and another is tossed against a subway wall).
- "Let me get this straight... You're Ninja. Mutant. Turtle. Teenagers?" (pg 30) Spoken by Casey in script, and Vernon or April (if I remember right) in the movie.
- Raph threatening to leave the group (pg 31)
- Mike has the hots for April (pg 36), although not as extreme as in the movie.
- Splinter's appearance, described as having eyes like large black pearls in the script (pg56) and he battles with a sword (pg 58) (he battles against Beebop and Rocksteady in the script, not Shredder like in the movie)
- Pg 111 they defeat the big bad (Krang in script) by Leo using Raph's shell as a stepping stone to launch in the air. In the movie they play "buck buck" (sp?) hopping over each other's shells to defeat Shredder.

I hope that was informative to you movie fans.

Coola Yagami
08-14-2014, 12:57 AM
I kinda knew part of the original 'Colonel Shroeder' storyline stayed when I saw that the Foot still looked like military soldiers.....

Midnight Mutant
08-14-2014, 03:08 AM
BB, RS and Casey were in the original script? D:
Why oh why did they cut out Casey?! Sad sauce.

Shark_Blade
08-14-2014, 03:16 AM
I'm kinda happy Casey's not in the movie.. So as to not clutter the movie with too much characters.

pennydreadful
08-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah, so much for that script supposedly having been shredded, eh?

Candy Kappa
08-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Yeah, so much for that script supposedly having been shredded, eh?

And then taped back together. :P

Leo656
08-14-2014, 07:58 PM
So, wait, you mean it's all THIS GUY's fault......?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eHmLB7M3gww/UZJKkn1G9KI/AAAAAAAAAHw/giVQRupeBy4/s1600/Penguin.jpg

Actually, things are starting to make a lot more sense........

TigerClaw
08-14-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm kinda happy Casey's not in the movie.. So as to not clutter the movie with too much characters.
Plus it wasn't a good representation of Casey, Making him all Shia Labeouf like.

Raven
08-14-2014, 08:57 PM
I guess if I was given a choice between the bluedoor script and what we got, I would easily go with what we got. But there is parts of me that would have enjoyed seeing what the bluedoor would have produced.

Besides being worse I guess?

pennydreadful
08-16-2014, 02:30 AM
So, wait, you mean it's all THIS GUY's fault......?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eHmLB7M3gww/UZJKkn1G9KI/AAAAAAAAAHw/giVQRupeBy4/s1600/Penguin.jpg

Actually, things are starting to make a lot more sense........

Yeah - you flush it, Bay flaunts it. :lol: