PDA

View Full Version : Let's Write the Sequel to TMNT(2014)

Turtle Soup
08-13-2014, 09:34 PM
So, I'll start out with a few sentences, maybe a paragraph, maybe more, whatevs. But then somebody else continues the story, and on and on.

Here I go:

Movie opens, it's dark, it's night, it's raining. Michelangelo is running through alleyways in NY, the camera glimpses a pizza box in his hands. We can hear footsteps, several footsteps, Mikey's being followed, chased. It's foot soldiers, they have guns with flashlights on the ends. After some more chasing and some more foot soldiers, it seems Mikey gets cornered, the Foot think they have him. In the shadows, Mikey drops a smoke pellet and disappears. The Foot are blabbering, "where'd it go, where'd it go??" Then several shuriken throws quickly disable the Foot's guns. Now Mikey quickly kicks all kinds of ass, taking out the Foot soldiers with his chucks, fists, and feet. Then, all of a sudden Mikey gets hit, and it's hard. He gets up, regains his composure, the smoke clears, and he sees it................

Powder
08-13-2014, 09:55 PM
...A mirror, revealing just how ugly he truly is. Frozen, in fear & disgust, he is once again caught off guard by the foot, but this time, he can't break away. They kill him, then hunt down his brothers, & kill them too.

Cut away to a black screen.

*boom*

We fade into a shot of a silhouetted figure, standing before the wreck of a jumbo jet that had burst into flames. It was Michael Bay.

*close-up*

"You were right. I'm sorry. If you head back to the ticket counter you will be given a voucher to see the next TMNT film, for free, a reboot directed by Guillermo del Toro, produced by Steve Barron, with practical FX by The Henson Company. Due 2016."

Suddenly, a monstrous beast enveloped in shadow storms the set. A clawed arm fights it's way through the directors rib cage, pulling his heart out & slamming his lifeless body onto the pavement.

"That was for giving the turtles nostrils"

The next morning, his body was found by the NYPD, laid to rest in a TMNT sleeping bag from 1988, with only a blood-drenched note pinned by the zipper.

"Cybercubed rulez"

TurtleTitan97
08-13-2014, 09:57 PM
...A mirror, revealing just how ugly he truly is. Frozen, in fear & disgust, he is once again caught off guard by the foot, but this time, he can't break away. They kill him, then hunt down his brothers, & kill them too.

*boom*

We fade into a shot of a silhouetted figure, standing before the wreck of a jumbo jet that had burst into flames. It was Michael Bay.

*close-up*

"You were right. I'm sorry. If you head back to the ticket counter you will be given a voucher to see the next TMNT film, for free, a reboot directed by Guillermo del Toro, produced by Steve Barron, with practical FX by The Henson Company. Due 2016."

Suddenly, a monstrous beast enveloped in shadow storms the set. A clawed arm fights it's way through the directors rib cage, pulling his heart out & slamming his lifeless body onto the pavement.

The next morning, his body was found by the NYPD, laid to rest in a TMNT sleeping bag from 1988, with only a blood-drenched note pinned by the zipper.

"Cybercubed rulez"

:lol: Nice.

Xiewin
08-13-2014, 09:57 PM
My god Powder :lol:

turtlefanforever
08-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Step 1. Don't.

The end.

Happy TMNT fan base.

Leolead
08-13-2014, 11:26 PM

*boom*

*close-up*

"Cybercubed rulez"
:lol: :lol: :lol: you lost when I saw the word Henson practical effects... cause its never going to happen.

CyberCubed
08-13-2014, 11:27 PM
1. The Turtles all get nose jobs.

2. Splinter and Shredder reveal they were reincarnated from Yoshi and Saki in ancient Japan.

3. The Turtles learn how to be actual ninja's.

Leo656
08-13-2014, 11:35 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: you lost when I saw the word Henson practical effects... cause its never going to happen.

You're right, Hollywood is really dead-set against making good decisions anymore, for some reason. You'd think it'd be different, since practical effects look way better and more authentic than CGI exactly 100% of the time. But hey, they got all these fancy computer doodads nowadays and by gawd they're gonna use 'em.

Also, Powder wins Internet for today.

Leolead
08-13-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry dude, but I have to disagree IMO CG looks great and way more realistic than practical effects, the Turtles being Mocap (regardless of their look) was a great choice, it doesn't limit the Turtles movement like the 1990 movie, the 2014 Turtles look REAL.

Compare The apes from Planet of the apes (2001) to Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) one was Practical makeup, the other was Motion capture, Rise looked way better.

Leo656
08-14-2014, 12:03 AM
All opinion. Even if something looks a little "clunky", I'll always prefer things that are actually visibly existing in a three-dimensional space over anything that looks like it was cut-and-pasted from a video game. I understand CGI has a place in the business insofar as making some effects shots look better, but it's entirely over-used and I can't stand it.

Whether or not the Turtles look "good" in the movie is entirely up to individual taste. They're certainly very detailed, and the textures are impressive, especially in close-ups, but they still look like video game characters. Extremely detailed video game characters, but video game characters all the same. They're very clearly not existing in the same environment as everything around them, and the fact they used an entirely different method for rendering Splinter is painfully obvious when you look at them in the same shot together. So, I guess I'm saying, they look "good" in and of themselves but "bad" in the surrounding environment, that of a live-action setting they clearly aren't really in.

I know I lost this one about a decade or so ago, but I can't stand CGI over-use. People keep saying how much "better" and "more real" CGI is than practical effects, but it's pretty clear to my own eyes that's not entirely true. It's not "better". Just shinier.

I didn't see any Apes movies so I'm not familiar. I will one day, I just haven't. I never cared about those for some reason.

Leolead
08-14-2014, 12:43 AM
All opinion. Even if something looks a little "clunky", I'll always prefer things that are actually visibly existing in a three-dimensional space over anything that looks like it was cut-and-pasted from a video game. I understand CGI has a place in the business insofar as making some effects shots look better, but it's entirely over-used and I can't stand it.

Whether or not the Turtles look "good" in the movie is entirely up to individual taste. They're certainly very detailed, and the textures are impressive, especially in close-ups, but they still look like video game characters. Extremely detailed video game characters, but video game characters all the same. They're very clearly not existing in the same environment as everything around them, and the fact they used an entirely different method for rendering Splinter is painfully obvious when you look at them in the same shot together. So, I guess I'm saying, they look "good" in and of themselves but "bad" in the surrounding environment, that of a live-action setting they clearly aren't really in.

I know I lost this one about a decade or so ago, but I can't stand CGI over-use. People keep saying how much "better" and "more real" CGI is than practical effects, but it's pretty clear to my own eyes that's not entirely true. It's not "better". Just shinier.

I didn't see any Apes movies so I'm not familiar. I will one day, I just haven't. I never cared about those for some reason. Fair enough, i respect your opinion :thumbsup:

trikuza
08-14-2014, 12:49 AM

*boom*

*close-up*

"Cybercubed rulez"

the 1988 sleeping bag really hit home. :tlol: