PDA

View Full Version : Screen Junkies Video How TO Fix Turtles 2

Autbot_Benz
08-14-2014, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yY0tnsxtL0

TigerClaw
08-14-2014, 12:26 PM
1yY0tnsxtL0
That is a good video, They list everything that's needed to make the 2nd film better.

beeshaw
08-14-2014, 01:15 PM
That is a good video, They list everything that's needed to make the 2nd film better.

All good points were made....except for The Rock as Casey. :trolleye:

IndigoErth
08-14-2014, 01:49 PM
*nod* Would be as blind of a choice as Knoxville.

Also... now I want a Berry Punch Crush t-shirt.

Bry
08-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Aiiie, Nick Mundy.

I've... agreed with him a feeeew times in the past, but man does his shtick get tiresome. And "The Rock as Casey" is a legitimately awful idea.

The Marvel comparisons from the other dudes about how you can please (almost) everybody are right on the money, though. That all their competition insist on not taking notes is pretty idiotic.

massakre
08-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Can someone touch on the key points from this vid? I can't view the video right now

beeshaw
08-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Can someone touch on the key points from this vid? I can't view the video right now

More time for the Turtles, not as much April.

You've told your origin, now just don't mention it again. Don't retcon it, just move on...

Bring Fitchner/Sacks back to be THE Shredder and involve Krang as his boss. (Darth Vader/Emperor kind of dynamic)

Embrace the history. Bring in Dimension X, Bebop & Rocksteady, Casey Jones...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Nothing that hasn't been discussed on here honestly.

TigerClaw
08-14-2014, 02:26 PM

You've told your origin, now just don't mention it again. Don't retcon it, just move on...

Bring Fitchner/Sacks back to be THE Shredder and involve Krang as his boss. (Darth Vader/Emperor kind of dynamic)

Embrace the history. Bring in Dimension X, Bebop & Rocksteady, Casey Jones...yadda, yadda, yadda.

However, They forgot about Karai, She was underused in the movie, She should have a bigger role in the sequel.

IndigoErth
08-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Was thinking last night that for some of the film it would have been such an easy fix based on simple perspective. *facepalm* Case in point:
When the Turtles ask/tell April to meet up with them. Instead of the camera focused on her - and making it look like it's an April movie and just getting glimpses of the Turtles in that scene - we should have instead seen the guys hanging out just shooting the breeze (much needed down time footage) while waiting for her to show up and gotten that scene from their perspective, not hers.

Bry
08-14-2014, 02:41 PM
However, They forgot about Karai, She was underused in the movie, She should have a bigger role in the sequel.

Didn't Raphael smash the truck she was in off a cliff? If so... she's probably dead.

Netkeeper
08-14-2014, 02:42 PM
The Rock would be AWESOME as Casey.

DioLeo451
08-14-2014, 02:47 PM
More turtle screentime more time with the brothers and Splinter and in the lair take away all their extra gear and instead just go for signature colored bandanas you know just keep it simple this sequel can work if done right

TigerClaw
08-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Didn't Raphael smash the truck she was in off a cliff? If so... she's probably dead.
Yeah, But at the end, You can see her moving inside, So she's technically not dead.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-14-2014, 02:57 PM
I don't want sacks as shredder, I was never for the idea.

Galactus
08-14-2014, 03:01 PM
"Let's have Fichtner be Shredder"

No..just no.

RaphaelinSTL
08-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Aiiie, Nick Mundy.

I've... agreed with him a feeeew times in the past, but man does his shtick get tiresome. And "The Rock as Casey" is a legitimately awful idea.

The Marvel comparisons from the other dudes about how you can please (almost) everybody are right on the money, though. That all their competition insist on not taking notes is pretty idiotic.

Exactly, the Rock playing Casey Jones is a horrible....horrible idea. I didn't mind him in Pain & Gain (a surprisingly decent Bay film with a touch of dark Tarantino vibe) but I am just sick of Dwayne Johnson as an actor.

chrisdude
08-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Why does this dude shout so much? But I agree with some of these points.

More Turtles - I don't feel like the turtles got shorted on screen time or focus. There's no math behind my feeling, I just didn't feel that way. But I totally agree that the turtles can carry a film more than they did.

Growth - There's merit to that. I can totally understand wanting this. It was interesting in TMNT. But I disagree. Perpetual fun-loving teenagers for the win.

Forget the Origin Story - YES. I'm so over it.

Get a Real Shredder - Noooo. Yeah, Shredder is supposed to be scary, but they've already established these huge, powerful turtles. So, I don't expect to see Saki, a ninja, take them on without help. (It would be bad ass if Saki was just that good, though.) But, honestly, I'd rather see the Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang than to have another movie about Shredder.
And I was okay with Eric Sachs Shredder, but bringing that idea back would just make other fans mad again, and I don't want to hear the whining.

Embrace the TMNT Universe - Yes please. Krang (or The Kraang) is my #1 hope for the sequel. If Shredder's working for him, that's whatever. Plus Neutrinos. Krang War is a best-case scenario, in my book.

The Rock as Casey Jones - I'll take it. By the same reasoning that I'm okay with the Shredder armor. The scale is larger. It would also work to use the Nickelodeon idea, and have Casey decked out with dangerous gear. Heck, do both. The Rock with explosives.

TigerClaw
08-14-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't know about the Rock as Casey Jones, Isn't he a little too old for Megan Fox, if they play around with the romance angle between the characters? On top of that, Mikey would become Jealous if he say him hitting on her.

Blips
08-14-2014, 06:02 PM
I agree with most of the points brought up in the video and the panel seems to have been won over by the Turtles themselves in the final film. The biggest point I agree with is the filmmakers using some of the wilder ideas from the cartoons: the Technodrome, Bebop, Rocksteady, etc.

As far as the Rock as Casey Jones, I think that's a terrible idea and it seems everyone else on that panel does too. Just watch their reactions. Nick Mundy who suggests the casting in the first place is a big fan of the Rock, which is apparent in this video where he gets to interview him. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CyWgcpBso4&list=PLFWHlH4koGZAQXoX0E0OmksNwh4diHdS2)

Coola Yagami
08-14-2014, 06:18 PM
No Turtles growing up until we get to know THESE turtles. We hardly knew these guys. Let's know em first before they get older. Save that for part 3.

The only way to fix it is rebooting it. When we have to flat out ignore the origin, it's time to reboot it. Too much damage has been done to just pretend there isn't a part 2 slapped on this thing.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-14-2014, 06:49 PM
The title doesn't make sense, what we witnessed wasn't a new and secondary tmnt movie.

IndigoErth
08-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Well, I think by growth we mean character development. (Edit: And title... things to add/change for the second film vs this first.)

Though I would very much love to see them able to be portrayed as adults. (Surely they're already full grown?? >.< Talk about seriously eating poor Splinter out of house and home. lol)

Raphael232
08-15-2014, 01:02 AM
its a shame they FD up the origins story. What they need to do is have Eastman and Laird write the next movie. Only they can get it right.

Artist
08-15-2014, 01:33 AM
Easy way to fix the origin with a 15 min clip. Open in feudal japan. Yoshi riding a horse to a home that is on fire. In front of the home you see 2 foot ninja confront Yoshi. He fights them off and kills them. You see 4 children and a woman yelling for help. Yoshi goes to burst the door open to rescue his family, and Saki is standing right behind him, "you have betrayed the foot for the last time Yoshi." A slash from Saki's sword, with a first person view of Yoshi looking up at Saki, before it blurs out. Then you see a first person view of Splinter waking up in terror, while the turtles come rushing in to see what is wrong. He says, " I remember our past my sons." Tells them a story of who they are and how he had to betray the foot to protect an alien race known as the utroms from being discovered. Ties up why the japanese influence, learning ninjutsu so quickly, and brings in the utroms. Ha I wish. Just my idea.

massakre
08-15-2014, 08:04 AM

Thank you!

Xiewin
08-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Why do they need characters like Bebop and Rocksteady in a sequel? These people who were involved in the first movie have already proven themselves to be incapable of writing an coherent story if they clutter so many characters in a 100 page script. Seriously, they should just forget all that and focus more on the turtles and implement the Hamato/Saki aspect somewhere in the story.

I rather a soft reboot, rather than a continuation of the messy and godawful story we got in the first one.

CombatColdCuts
08-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Bebop and Rocksteady are a must in the sequel! I wouldn't mind Krang being involved either.

Megan Fox's character needs to go on a vacation or something and the next movie should be about the Turtles only.

Maybe Raph returns to form and runs out on them and meets Casey. Then they could have a huge, epic battle between the Turtles and Casey Jones VS the Foot Clan, Bebop and Rocksteady.

Lou 500
08-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Why do they need characters like Bebop and Rocksteady in a sequel? These people who were involved in the first movie already proven themselves to be incapable of writing an coherent story if they clutter so many characters in a 100 page script. Seriously, they should just forget all that and focus more on the turtles and implement the Hamato/Saki aspect somewhere in the story.

I rather a soft reboot, rather than a continuation of the messy and godawful story we got in the first one.

I share this sentiment.

IndigoErth
08-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Why do they need characters like Bebop and Rocksteady in a sequel? These people who were involved in the first movie already proven themselves to be incapable of writing an coherent story if they clutter so many characters in a 100 page script. Seriously, they should just forget all that and focus more on the turtles and implement the Hamato/Saki aspect somewhere in the story.

Agree. If they show up in a later one, fine. But as it is they first need to learn to keep the story in the Turtle's point of view first, not April's. (When it's just her on screen, fine, but if the Turtles are present she should not be who the camera is focused on as the central character...)

If that isn't straightened out first I'm just afraid that characters like Rocksteady and Bebop may end up with too much focus/POV to make their inclusion matter enough considering the work that would have to go into bringing them into the film.

chrisdude
08-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Rocksteady and Bebop are just a couple of idiot goons, not villains. They don't need character development, or lots of screen time. I don't see why they'd be clutter. There turtles are gonna fight something, and I seriously doubt it's just gonna be Shredder again...

And I wouldn't cross my fingers for backstory tweaks or "soft reboots," as if they need to do a course correction. The fan outcry was before the movie, and those things were already changed.