PDA

View Full Version : Tohoru Masamune as Shredder: Thoughts?

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Now I know that many people are unhappy with how the whole thing turned out with the lack of Shredder being developed, but I really don't like how many people just want Eric Sachs to become shredder in the sequel. I want to cast Eric Aside, and keep Torhu's Nick-like scarred shredder around. He could easily be devloped in the sequel, and I really want to see more of him.

They went through all the trouble of last minute switching with Sachs to give us Saki, do you really want to switch it back? I wanna see your opinions on Torhu's Shredder, and the character's potential future. :D

CyberCubed
08-14-2014, 05:58 PM
We saw him for like two scenes. The rest was a CG Shredder you didn't even see the actor for.

TigerClaw
08-14-2014, 06:03 PM
What they could've done is, Show a scene of Oroku Saki putting on the suit, Maybe they can do that for the sequel.

IndigoErth
08-14-2014, 06:05 PM
If they'll give him more of a role/screen time now that he's in, and maybe just make Sachs his lacky, go for it.

Only reason I figured they could potentially place Sachs as the 'new' one would be if they decided the first movie killed the original Shredder. Wouldn't put it past them to do that and jump back to their original idea...

Coola Yagami
08-14-2014, 06:55 PM
He was awesome. And he reminded me of the Nick Shredder. Too bad it was only him in 2 scenes. The rest were some random CGI robot.

Bry
08-14-2014, 07:09 PM
There's almost nothing to judge him on, really. He made a few brief appearances in the shadows and then was just a voice behind the CGI. How many actual lines did he even have? Like 12?

He wasn't a character, he was a plot device. Masamune seemed okay, but it's almost impossible to have an opinion on him or the character one way or another considering how thin it all was.

thebrownranger
08-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Oroku Saki was barely in this movie, so I'll judge him based on what I've seen so far. Tohoru Masamune was a pretty lame Oroku Saki from what I've seen. I only liked when he spoke Japanese, which was only a few lines. Everything else was just whatever. I personally didn't like his look because he resembled the Nick Shredder which I'm not a fan of. I just got this cheesy sorta vibe from him (and pretty much the whole film) while hearing his voice when he was talking to Karai and when he was in the costume.

Raven
08-14-2014, 08:58 PM
There wasn't much to judge off of, and what was there was barely put together. The actor was great for what he had to work with, but I'm still at a loss why the foot was involved other then to simply steel stuff for sachs...why was Saki in this movie?

Midnight Mutant
08-15-2014, 12:19 AM
He seemed ok in the couple of scenes we got of him...but his voice did NOT fit the Shredder armor look. At all. It was very misplacing.

The Vernon
08-15-2014, 12:28 AM
This is news to me: "many people just want Eric Sachs to become shredder" - the white guy right? Who a whole of people complained about in the beginning before this movie was even played out. You on crack, hell, maybe maybe more than that.

I liked Torhu's Shredder. He's awesome. He's bald. He's sexy. He's what the audience wants.

strawberryfields
08-15-2014, 12:32 AM
He was great but there wasn't enough of him. The voice really stood out

Warboss74
08-15-2014, 12:49 AM
This is news to me: "many people just want Eric Sachs to become shredder" - the white guy right? Who a whole of people complained about in the beginning before this movie was even played out. You on crack, hell, maybe maybe more than that.

I liked Torhu's Shredder. He's awesome. He's bald. He's sexy. He's what the audience wants.

You really don't see why people would have Sacks be the Shredder instead of what we got? It was a last minute change that left the turtle's iconibig bad an empty shell. It's worse than Eric Sacks as the Shredder. The smart decision would have been to write him as Oroku Saki originally.

Coola Yagami
08-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Yep. Shoulda had that guy from the start and fire Fichtner's lame ass outta there. Plus we needed scenes of Tohoru suiting up, or fighting a bit without his helmet on. We needed to see HIM fight the Turtles a little. Not just that CGI robot mess.

Tuxedo Moroboshi
08-15-2014, 12:55 AM
The actor was fine, but the character was terribly underused. I mean, ya, it's obvious that the true Shredder was shoved into the movie at the last second to avoid fan backlash, but it was all done so haphazardly that Shredder came off as more of a lackey to Sacks rather than the other way around. :ohwell:

I'm still hopeful that, if Shredder returns in the sequel, he'll be used a lot better now that there's no need to rewrite him and shoot new scenes at the last minute. There's nothing wrong with the actor, though. He did as well as anyone probably could be given with what he had to work with.

samxsteal
08-15-2014, 12:59 AM
This Guy Rocks I really hope they bring him back in, for the sequel. He was a straight up BA during his first scene. His voice is perfect it was awesome he definitely deserved more screen time.

Artist
08-15-2014, 02:47 AM
Give him some back story and we got ourselves a great Saki/Shredder. :shredder:

neatoman
08-15-2014, 03:41 AM
He had a booming voice, that was nice right?

Seriously, I don't wanna judge the guy at all. Him being cast as the Shredder was most likely for reshoots to make it so that Sacks was not the Shredder, so I really feel I have to cut the guy some slack.

I will say this though, for as shoehorned in as it probably was I liked his little training scene. We can all hope he's better in the sequels, he seems to be a pretty unknown actor and if he's actually good I really hope he gets a breakout role and this might just be it.