PDA

View Full Version : Did this movie remind anyone else of Next Mutation?

CyberCubed
08-14-2014, 06:15 PM
The scene where the Turtles get pumped with adrenaline and then run around Raphael like hyper-active children talking a mile a minute reminded me instantly of Next Mutation.

Not to mention the voices and Raph's headband...they were so similar to Next Mutation to me. I think that's why this movie felt off to me, it literally felt like Next Mutation 2.0 with buffer Turtles. Had Venus been there it would have been no different.

Raven
08-14-2014, 06:46 PM
In many ways yes, but less cheesy then the show. The designs reminded me more but not much else.

909 Turtle Fan
08-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Huh. Yeah it did. Also the Don's proximity warning, ugly ass Splinter and Shredder not getting much screen time. Never thought I'd say it but cubed, you are right.:trazz:

Powder
08-14-2014, 07:11 PM
I much prefer TNM. But yes, many things were reminiscent of it.

Anton Chigurh
08-14-2014, 07:11 PM
No, the only thing that reminds me of NM is what my dog left on the lawn this morning...

turtlefanforever
08-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Not at all. Considering The Next Mutation was actually good. Probably had the same amount or corny stuff but, yeah not at all. This thread just seems like an excuse to take shots at TNM.:trolleye:

Netkeeper
08-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Considering The Next Mutation was actually good.
Hey, someone mind tossing me whatever drugs this dude's got?

IndigoErth
08-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Other than Raph's mask being like Leo's style from that series and the amount of muscle, though it looks a lot more natural/tolerable on the new guys, not really.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
08-14-2014, 07:50 PM

Compared to this movie i tend to agree with him

Netkeeper
08-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Compared to this movie i tend to agree with him
Well yes, but he's talking about it as if it was actually actually good. As in quality television.

Powder
08-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Let's remember opinions aren't facts & that such a saying goes both ways.

Anton Chigurh
08-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Not at all. Considering The Next Mutation was actually good. Probably had the same amount or corny stuff but, yeah not at all. This thread just seems like an excuse to take shots at TNM.:trolleye:

hahahahahahahah, funniest post of the year.....

CyberCubed
08-14-2014, 09:41 PM
The van/hummer at the end reminded me of Next mutation too for some reason. Must have been the way the Turtles were hanging out the sides. Jesus.

Xiewin
08-14-2014, 09:42 PM
No, because there was actually something I liked in this movie.

Leolead
08-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Besides Ralph's mask, no... the voices don't sound anything like that horrid show.

Midnight Mutant
08-14-2014, 11:15 PM
I think TNM is still far, far worse. I'm in the middle of re-watching it (episode 19 now) And I'd rather watch the 2014 movie 100 times over this show. It's just terrible...

At least the movie stayed more true to their characters and the acting is better.

The only thing that reminded me of the show was:
1. the turtle van/hummer thing at the end of the movie
2. Mikey's hardcore crushing on the chick

Tuxedo Moroboshi
08-14-2014, 11:46 PM
The only thing that reminded me of TNM was just the aesthetic of the TMNT's extremely busy designs (and especially the way that Raph's bandana covered the top of his head), otherwise no. It didn't remind me of TNM outside of that.

The Next Mutation was actually good.
You sure you want them? Something that potent is sure to be incredibly expensive. :P

turtlefanforever
08-15-2014, 12:38 PM

the unchain my heart episodes was one of the best story arcs in the franchise

Netkeeper
08-15-2014, 12:44 PM
You sure you want them? Something that potent is sure to be incredibly expensive. :P
Dude if it means I can enjoy the Next Mutation, I will totally try it. Trust me, even when you're stoned that **** isn't entertaining.

rodster6
08-15-2014, 12:58 PM
The designs really did. Reminding me of Next Mutation is never a good thing.

strawberryfields
08-15-2014, 01:45 PM
The scene where the Turtles get pumped with adrenaline and then run around Raphael like hyper-active children talking a mile a minute reminded me instantly of Next Mutation.

Not to mention the voices and Raph's headband...they were so similar to Next Mutation to me. I think that's why this movie felt off to me, it literally felt like Next Mutation 2.0 with buffer Turtles. Had Venus been there it would have been no different.

A little bit. The toys especially reminded me of NM.

I tried to watch an episode of Next Mutation on Netflix and I couldn't do it. I didn't even like it when I was four

pennydreadful
08-16-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm going to say no, because I actually enjoyed Next Mutation. *shrugs*

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
08-16-2014, 02:35 AM
I'm going to say no, because I actually enjoyed Next Mutation. *shrugs*

Well, at least that doesn't have them as Bulletproof Super Heroes. And the Turtles are the stars of the show.

And when people defend it with 'well what, do you want the same thing?' Then I guess they should never complain about Venus again...because hey, that was 'Different' as well.

So I guess, if anyone ever complains about Venus or the show again...you can just use the same argument of "what, do you want the same thing over & over again?" :lol:

Jester
08-16-2014, 03:05 AM
The fact that the Turtles aren't the ones to beat the Shredder, but the new girl does does kinda remind me of Next mutation.

CyberCubed
08-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Maybe its because this is the first live-action Turtles we've gotten since Next Mutation that it reminds me of it. Its pretty shocking to realize this is the first live action TMNT since 1997.

FrankRightNow
08-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Next mutation was corny. But I liked it. Why? It was 1997 I was 9. It came on after power rangers. It hit their target demographic. As much as I look back on it and hate the sound effects and b roll video used all the time. It did it job for a little bit. As much as we hate it now. It's part of history. I mean I've gone back and watched the 80s cartoon. Some of it downs hold up.

But as does it remind me of them. Maybe a little with the headbands. All being done a different way on each turtle. Also ankle and wrist wraps were replaced by shoes they found to fit giant turtles.

The Vernon
08-22-2014, 04:04 AM
Wait, when did the Turtles get pumped up with adrenaline? I thought this was a kids movie.

Candy Kappa
08-22-2014, 05:03 AM
The turtles designs certainly reminds me of Next Mutation, striking the similar pet peeves I have when it comes to TMNT designs ( and more)

Sabacooza
08-23-2014, 09:53 PM
"Did this movie remind anyone else of Next Mutation"

No. Next Mutation was worse.

pennydreadful
08-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Lies - Next Mutation is a brilliant time capsule into 90's cheesiness. :D

VaughnMichael
08-25-2014, 07:41 AM
I liked the Next Mutation more but yeah that's probably why Kevin Eastman likes this so much because it reminds him of his baby.

pannoni1
08-25-2014, 07:51 AM
There are shades of The Next Mutation in terms of the Turtles' personalities with their hyper attitudes, but in terms of the storyline, it feels somewhat more traditional. We have April at Channel 6 with Vernon from the OT, the Shredder/Foot (just look at TNM's Shredder: are you kidding me?), along with its own new characters. April has been kite quite a help in 4kids, Nick, and some of the comics, and of course there is nothing like Venus.

Donaterro
08-30-2014, 12:49 PM
If you're asking if the movie reminded me of crap then yes, yes it did.