PDA

View Full Version : New mutants in the sequel to replace Bebop & Rocksteady?

ninja-zero
08-15-2014, 08:22 AM
If there were new mutants to join Shredder in the sequel... besides Rocksteady & Bebop, what animal mutants would you all want to see?

Its gotta be... ninja style!

RaphaelinSTL
08-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Didn't this already happen?

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/tmnt_2_secret_of_the_ooze_tokka-rahzar_1-tmnt-retrospective-the-heroes-is-a-half-shell-turtle-power.png

Leolead
08-15-2014, 09:06 AM
I think Shredder, Bebop & Rocksteady and Krang should be the only villains in TMNT 2, I think it's too soon, for him to go crazy mutating any and every living thing he can find.

But... TMNT 3.. Leatherhead, Slash and throw Rat king in there (even though he's not a mutant)

Matt2310
08-15-2014, 09:14 AM
they wont replace bebop and rocksteady... they did that with SOTO toka and razahr .... def wont pull that again...

the second should really work around baxter stockman and maybe mousers... maybe stockman creates bebop and rocksteady... then shredder returns and takes them under his wing..... something like that

TigerClaw
08-15-2014, 09:22 AM
As much as I want Bebop and Rocksteady to be in sequels, I would also love for this guy to be in it. :)

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/03/tmnt-the-manhattan-projects-1.jpg

The Boston Ninja Turtle
08-15-2014, 09:25 AM
they wont replace bebop and rocksteady... they did that with SOTO toka and razahr .... def wont pull that again...

never under estimate the power of producers and the people in the movies

in all honesty i am more worried that the Addition of B&R will just clutter the movie even more

and would only be our 2 mutants in look only and no character development

if characters like Karai and Shredder get pushed to the wayside..who is the say these 2 wont either...and with the addition of Krang you have another villian to introduce and take up more screen time

when you have so many characters you have to work with its hard to establish them all..this is why lackys work instead of actual villians

Bitsy83
08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Oh, I already have an idea all set up for what I want in the sequel, but I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or just reply here. Like I said in my intro, I can get PRETTY lengthy when you just let me go.

Leolead
08-15-2014, 10:18 AM
As much as I want Bebop and Rocksteady to be in sequels, I would also love for this guy to be in it. :)

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/03/tmnt-the-manhattan-projects-1.jpg
Tigerclaw would make a really badass villain, he could be the one that keeps Bebop & Rocksteady in check.

Allio
08-15-2014, 11:24 AM
My opnion is the same as ever, bring to me Bloodsucker...he just looks so awesome in the forest ranger get up

Electric
08-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Whichever henchmutants they choose, I hope they atleast nod to the others.

Like if shredder creates then intentionally by testing on animals with mutagen, have bebop and rocksteady, but show they testing on a fish, or a dog, maybe a turtle or even a tiger. Just a nod to them I think would be enjoyable

ctt4lfecw
08-15-2014, 11:36 AM
My opnion is the same as ever, bring to me Bloodsucker...he just looks so awesome in the forest ranger get up

Bloodsucker scared the **** out of me in "The River." True story, first time I read it, I was parked by a river with the same look as the comic. I was sitting in my car reading, and then I heard a loud noise that made me jump. lol

IndigoErth
08-15-2014, 03:08 PM
My question is, what's going to be believable enough. They already had to lean strongly toward 'human' for the Turtles in order to make them as realistically believable as possible in their view. If we're going with new characters that are more animal-like than the Turtles, can they pull it off right to stay at least on the edge of believability, even with suspension required. And then there is the assumption of what needs to be in the design in order to speak. Though I guess they don't necessarily have to speak.

jenna
08-15-2014, 03:26 PM
My question is, what's going to be believable enough. They already had to lean strongly toward 'human' for the Turtles in order to make them as realistically believable as possible in their view. If we're going with new characters that are more animal-like than the Turtles, can they pull it off right to stay at least on the edge of believability, even with suspension required. And then there is the assumption of what needs to be in the design in order to speak. Though I guess they don't necessarily have to speak.

This.

My view.....

Mutants are used heavily in Nick but I think there would be a danger of a movie skewing towards a significantly younger audience with mutant villains, because the film-makers might be tempted to play it safe by making them funny / laughable in some way. Personally, I'm firmly in the camp of wishing for a movie for adults and we are as close as we've ever been to getting that. The danger of mutant villains would be that the film would suffer the 2007 effect - an undefined audience. In my opinion Tokka and Razah reduced the plausibility of SOTO (such a delicate line in a film about mutant ninja turtles!) . My view: explore mutants in the Nick series but ground the films in some sort if reality to capture a wider audience.

Munk
08-15-2014, 03:27 PM
It's about time Bebop and Rocksteady made an appearance in a movie. I hope they get their time.

Bob
08-15-2014, 04:40 PM
No, I think its time for Bebop and Rocksteady. Let’s be honest, they should have made their debut in SOTO. It’s been long overdue.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-15-2014, 04:48 PM
If the audience can accept mutant turtles, then they can accept all the other mutants.

Coola Yagami
08-15-2014, 05:32 PM
All the more reason for a reboot. We need to see bebop and rocksteady done right. Keep them the hell away from this mess.

Powder
08-15-2014, 06:24 PM

The whole "River" story would make for an awesome movie, but as it's original creator still has some rights to it... it'll never happen. IDW can't even reprint it! :tsad:

CyberCubed
08-15-2014, 06:28 PM
No, I think its time for Bebop and Rocksteady. Letís be honest, they should have made their debut in SOTO. Itís been long overdue.

I don't want to see Bebop and Rocksteady in this movie series though. They would look like big hulking beasts to match the Turtles and be completely unrecognizable.

Xiewin
08-15-2014, 06:32 PM
I don't want to see Bebop and Rocksteady because I never cared about those characters.

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-15-2014, 07:33 PM
We already know the producers want em', and the director wants em'. With no one to say no this time, I think there is a 90% chance we're getting the. The only reason they weren't in the 1st film was to prevent it from getting too cluttered.

CyberCubed
08-15-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't want to bear the thought what the movie designers make them look like.

Coola Yagami
08-15-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't want to bear the thought what the movie designers make them look like.

Honestly. This is the equivalent of people demanding Vegeta and Freeza in a Dragonball Evolution sequel, despite seeing how bad the first one ruined the characters. I kinda don't want to see bebop and rocksteady get the bay treatment.

Warhorse
08-15-2014, 09:01 PM
never under estimate the power of producers and the people in the movies

in all honesty i am more worried that the Addition of B&R will just clutter the movie even more

and would only be our 2 mutants in look only and no character development

if characters like Karai and Shredder get pushed to the wayside..who is the say these 2 wont either...and with the addition of Krang you have another villian to introduce and take up more screen time

when you have so many characters you have to work with its hard to establish them all..this is why lackys work instead of actual villians

Yeah. Star Trek did something similar last year. Let's not keep rehashing the same sh!t over and over. We got the introduction out of the way, let's focus on something we haven't seen in the live action movies yet.

Coola Yagami
08-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Yeah. Star Trek did something similar last year. Let's not keep rehashing the same sh!t over and over. We got the introduction out of the way, let's focus on something we haven't seen in the live action movies yet.

There's no reason why a reboot can't have the turtles defeat the foot a few times in the first half of the movie.... And then have shredder find out how the turtles came to be and create bebop and rocksteady (and robot foot soldiers to replace the defeated human ones) in the second half of the movie.

Both batman and spiderman reboots brought in new villains not used in the older series. There is no reason a reboot can't have shredde and krang from the get go.

Electric
08-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Honestly. This is the equivalent of people demanding Vegeta and Freeza in a Dragonball Evolution sequel, despite seeing how bad the first one ruined the characters. I kinda don't want to see bebop and rocksteady get the bay treatment.

Now, watch the whole equivalent thing, because "ruined the characters" it's 100% your opinion. I liked the characters in this tmnt movie, and would love to see their interpretation of them

ninja-zero
08-21-2014, 07:42 PM
Just wish that the mutants that serve the Shredder, would be ninjas like the turtles.

They'll be nothing like Bebop & Rocksteady. Especially Rahzar and Tokka.

ranger_scout
08-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Bebop & Rocksteady are long overdue to appear in a film.

Bossanova
08-22-2014, 10:37 AM
im not the biggest fan of the mutant villains, i think it would be cool if they went with the Shredder elite, they must avenge their master because they THINK he is dead. When it comes to mutants though, Bebop and Rocksteady are definitely the most memorable.