PDA

View Full Version : Pete Ploszek

Warhorse
08-15-2014, 11:26 PM
It is nice to see, amongst the sea of the TMNT movie lovers, haters and inbetweeners, it seems nearly unanimous that all sides seem to agree that they would have preferred Ploszek given a shot at Leo. I hope he gets the word that he is being appreciated by the majority of the TMNT fans over here.

You think they will bring him back to voice for Leo in the sequel now since the fans have been so vocal on preferring him to Knoxville?

Shark_Blade
08-15-2014, 11:33 PM
I wish.

It's so unnecessary to change his voice. I'm a bit meh with the voice in the movie, he's sounded so gruff and hoarse, only occasionally good in some scenes (like "do not speak about this to anyone" to April, and "FOR WHAT!" at Eric Sacks.

Gotta be awkward getting together with the other cast, maybe hanging out and watching the movie together at the premiere only to find out you've been ditched for not giving the voice they wanted and someone else replaced you. :(

My morale gotta be so low after that, but Pete seems to be taking it very professionally and not making a scene . Either it's voluntary or because of his contract, it's still remarkable to have that strong will imo. Cheers for Pete! I hope they do get you to do both Mocap and voice for the sequel, and hopefully you're still interested!

TechnoJerome
08-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Didnt he also do the CGI acting in the movie? if so I loved his performance. I felt like other than Raph, Leo was the most expressive. Especially in the sewer fight when he sees Splinter fighting Shredder.

Shark_Blade
08-15-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah I love his expression.

http://i.imgur.com/PyxSAvm.gif
:tlove: I love this shot. So dramatic.

http://i.imgur.com/6870rzm.gif
This one too.

http://i.imgur.com/8vvKNpn.gif

Leolead
08-16-2014, 12:01 AM
I don't understand why they replaced Pete, there was nothing wrong with his voice, he sounded perfect for Leo very calm, this especially occurred to me when I was watching TMNT: inside the action, this quote "I started with a single Katana, to learn the forms, to learn how it moves, how it's held, how it's holstered" that right there WAS Leonardo, just something about the way he talks very calm, Zen-ish

Knoxville on the other hand just didn't feel right for Leo, he only sounded good a few times, like "For What!!" "Do not say a word about this to anyone.. if you do we will find you" but otherwise I just wasn't feeling him.. he didn't sound like a teenager.. like at all.

We could have had a great Leonardo, Bay, Liebsman, who ever it was they really really messed up, I mean the other Turtles sound perfect, I could just listen to their voices and instantly be able to who's who..

Hopefully they'll let Pete voice Leo in TMNT 2.

Warhorse
08-16-2014, 12:04 AM
I don't understand why they replaced Pete, there was nothing wrong with his voice, he sounded perfect for Leo very calm, this especially occurred to me when I was watching TMNT: inside the action, this quote "I started with a single Katana, to learn the forms, to learn how it moves, how it's held, how it's holstered" that right there WAS Leonardo, just something about the way he talks very calm, Zen-ish

Knoxville on the other hand just didn't feel right for Leo, he only sounded good a few times, like "For What!!" "Do not say a word about this to anyone.. if you do we will find you" but otherwise I just wasn't feeling him.. he didn't sound like a teenager.. like at all.

We could have had a great Leonardo, Bay, Liebsman, who ever it was they really really messed up, I mean the other Turtles sound perfect, I could just listen to their voices and instantly be able to who's who..

Hopefully they'll let Pete voice Leo in TMNT 2.

This. It was when I was watching behind the scenes when I finally got to hear Pete talk, and I agree, I think he would have been perfect.

strawberryfields
08-16-2014, 12:10 AM
I liked Knoxville; only complaint is he doesn't sound 15

Leolead
08-16-2014, 12:19 AM
This. It was when I was watching behind the scenes when I finally got to hear Pete talk, and I agree, I think he would have been perfect.

I know right!

I just wanna know what happened:-? why did they replace Pete?

IndigoErth
08-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Pete, you're online somewhere out there, how do we help push them to let you do it?? 8)

So unfair that he lost out, and to listen to the guy he'd have a GREAT voice for Leo. I agree, and am repeating myself at this point, that Knoxville did sound ok at certain moments, but outside those moments it just feels so flatly gruff. Maybe fans who are focused on other Turtles find it just fine, but to me there is just something missing in the tone and demeanor given to Leo. Just left me a bit disheartened, glad I'm maybe not the only to feel something was lacking. I mean come on... this is the boyscout we're talking about, the "turtle of justice," the one who'd prob be your valiant hero if you needed one...or he'd try. And then... they voice him with Knoxville.

I mean when the Turtles...
...ask/tell April to meet up with them, and Leo is like "Heeeeey, glad you could make it..." - the way that line is delivered sounds, to me, more like "I want to get you into the van and maybe leave your lifeless body in the woods." The fact that that line, in a Turtles movie that should be focused on them, as good guys no less and spoken by my fave, makes me feel more like telling frigging April to RUN... That ain't good. :ohwell:

It's enough that it is probably my greatest letdown with this movie at this point, but then I saw a video of Knoxville speaking about it outside the premiere, responding that he didn't do any research, didn't put on a voice, and "just played a big hillbilly"... Just irked me more. If there had been a lot of effort made I could be more forgiving, but after hearing that... wtf. Of all people, why Leo.

Really think Pete could have given Leo what was missing. After all, the guy spent quite some time portraying and connecting with him. Think right now the main reason I'm looking forward to the sequel is largely in hopes that they fix this and other things that should have been handled differently. Who cares if Pete is a lesser known... They want to bring in a well known name then at least give them a suitable role!

I will leave it off there for now though... I could go on about it longer I'm sure after seeing that video that made me all the more peeved over the lack of effort and consideration given to voicing him. Could hit Paramount and Knoxville both...

Leolead
08-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Pete, you're online somewhere out there, how do we help push them to let you do it?? 8)

So unfair that he lost out, and to listen to the guy he'd have a GREAT voice for Leo. I agree, and am repeating myself at this point, that Knoxville did sound ok at certain moments, but outside those moments it just feels so flatly gruff. Maybe fans who are focused on other Turtles find it just fine, but to me there is just something missing in the tone and demeanor given to Leo. Just left me a bit disheartened, glad I'm maybe not the only to feel something was lacking. I mean come on... this is the boyscout we're talking about, the "turtle of justice," the one who'd prob be your valiant hero if you needed one...or he'd try. And then... they voice him with Knoxville.

...ask/tell April to meet up with them, and Leo is like "Heeeeey, glad you could make it..." - the way that line is delivered sounds, to me, more like "I want to get you into the van and maybe leave your lifeless body in the woods." That fact that that line, in a Turtles movie that should be focused on them, as good guys no less, makes me feel more like telling frigging April to RUN... That ain't good. :ohwell:

It's enough that it is probably my greatest letdown with this movie at this point, but then I saw a video of Knoxville speaking about it outside the premiere, responding that he didn't do any research, didn't put on a voice, and "just played a big hillbilly"... Just irked me more. If there had been a lot of effort made I could be more forgiving, but after hearing that... wtf. Of all people, why Leo.

Really think Pete could have given Leo what was missing. After all, the guy spent quite some time portraying and connecting with him. Think right now the main reason I'm looking forward to the sequel is largely in hopes that they fix this and other things that should have been handled differently. Who cares if Pete is a lesser known... They want to bring in a well known name then at least give them a suitable role!

I will leave it off there for now though... I could go on about it longer I'm sure after seeing that video that made me all the more peeved over the lack of effort and consideration given to voicing him. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Exactly!

It's almost like (I dare say it) Knoxville wasn't even really trying, this is my number one grip about this movie.

chrisdude
08-16-2014, 05:49 AM
I like Knoxville in the role. But he was obviously cast for his voice, and not for him to create something. What I don't understand is how Knoxville's name wasn't used any promotions. I have never seen Knoxville's name associated with this film in any promotional capacity, not even in the slightest. Ploszek is the one doing morning shows and such with the other three turtles. This leads me to believe Knoxville wasn't just thrown in for his name, and that they really preferred his voice.

Radical Raph
08-16-2014, 06:17 AM
I didn't like the movie so this doesn't bother me anymore but I do think we should get to hear Pete.

Warhorse
08-16-2014, 08:48 AM
I like Knoxville in the role. But he was obviously cast for his voice, and not for him to create something. What I don't understand is how Knoxville's name wasn't used any promotions. I have never seen Knoxville's name associated with this film in any promotional capacity, not even in the slightest. Ploszek is the one doing morning shows and such with the other three turtles. This leads me to believe Knoxville wasn't just thrown in for his name, and that they really preferred his voice.

Well, just because they are "professionals" in the world of casting voices and directing and whatnot, does not mean all of their decisions are right.

Bry
08-16-2014, 08:55 AM

They did get some headlines out of his casting. And he had recently signed a two-year first-look deal with Paramount, so casting him might have been something to do with that as well.

I doubt it had much to do with his voice or what was right for the role. He's a "known property" with a fanbase and they did get some press out of it. And he was already under contract, so this strikes me as purely business-motivated.

chrisdude
08-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Well, just because they are "professionals" in the world of casting voices and directing and whatnot, does not mean all of their decisions are right.
They did get some headlines out of his casting. And he had recently signed a two-year first-look deal with Paramount, so casting him might have been something to do with that as well.

I doubt it had much to do with his voice or what was right for the role. He's a "known property" with a fanbase and they did get some press out of it. And he was already under contract, so this strikes me as purely business-motivated.I'm not saying they're decisions are always right. I'm not even saying this decision was right. We haven't heard Ploszek in the role. And this may very well have had to do with the Paramount deal. I'm just not inclined to believe this was done for his namesake when they never name-dropped the guy. They didn't mention him in ads, or plaster his name across the posters. Every time I see the turtle actors make an appearance, or do an interview, it's Ploszek. I only saw Knoxville walk the red carpet at the premiere. That's the only time I've seen him do anything remotely promotional. Heck, the last time I saw the movie, a woman shouted "Johnny Knoxville!" when his name scrolled in the credits, like she didn't even know. And he's at least as famous as Will Arnett.

ShellShock
08-16-2014, 11:37 AM

...ask/tell April to meet up with them, and Leo is like "Heeeeey, glad you could make it..." - the way that line is delivered sounds, to me, more like "I want to get you into the van and maybe leave your lifeless body in the woods." The fact that that line, in a Turtles movie that should be focused on them, as good guys no less and spoken by my fave, makes me feel more like telling frigging April to RUN... That ain't good. :ohwell:

I will leave it off there for now though... I could go on about it longer I'm sure after seeing that video that made me all the more peeved over the lack of effort and consideration given to voicing him. Could hit Paramount and Knoxville both...

Can you link me to these interviews?

ShellShock
08-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Also, while I think that there are way better choices for Leonardo including Ploszek, I liked Knoxville as Leonardo.

IndigoErth
08-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Honestly I think some (or a lot?) of it is/was Paramount was trying to touch as many demographics as possible... Knoxville for that demographic who'd prob themselves find out he was going to do this no matter if Paramount advertises it or not. Premier a trailer on wresting website for that set. Shell Shocked rap and the short "We are Ninjas" by Pentatonix for those individual demographics.. Etc.

Can you link me to these interviews?
http://youtu.be/eZr06a6rcsc

Note, the person speaking to him is pretty quiet so you may have to turn the volume up at times. Abt 0:25 - 0:43 is the part that became a thorn in my side.

I get it, he was simply doing what was asked of him, but that both he and Paramount apparently just tossed it together as if it's nothing to concern themselves with and sacrifice part of Pete's work and what Leo could have had so Knoxville can score points with his kids... Grr.

Edit: Pete's interview there http://youtu.be/IjrRxDMZbOQ

chrisdude
08-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks for posting those. I hadn't see the red carpet interviews, and I just watched a bunch.

Warhorse
08-16-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm not saying they're decisions are always right. I'm not even saying this decision was right. We haven't heard Ploszek in the role. And this may very well have had to do with the Paramount deal. I'm just not inclined to believe this was done for his namesake when they never name-dropped the guy. They didn't mention him in ads, or plaster his name across the posters. Every time I see the turtle actors make an appearance, or do an interview, it's Ploszek. I only saw Knoxville walk the red carpet at the premiere. That's the only time I've seen him do anything remotely promotional. Heck, the last time I saw the movie, a woman shouted "Johnny Knoxville!" when his name scrolled in the credits, like she didn't even know. And he's at least as famous as Will Arnett.

Well then, why use a famous name at all when they could have gone to another not so famous dude for about fraction of the costs. I just think the studio heads were panicking about something and threw in Knoxville in at the last minute. It was done in haste, and it's shown. I'm sure Pete would have been fine.

chrisdude
08-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Hopefully, whatever happened behind the scenes will come out someday.

FakeBritishAccent
08-17-2014, 12:26 AM
From hearing Danny Woodburn's voice from the iOS game, I can understand why he was replaced by Shaloub. Since we've already decided that Knoxville wasn't put in the movie because of his Star Power, is it really that unbelievable that Ploszek could've put out a sh1tty performance?

I mean, how many of us are basing the assumption that Ploszek would've made a superior Leo on more than a couple of his interviews?

Regardless, I hope we get a Bluray/DVD audio track in which we can hear Ploszek and Woodburn's performances, just for gits and shiggles. And if his voice performance is indeed superior, who says he can't be back body AND voice in the sequel? Voice Acting switcheroos were present during the first three films and I don't think anyone really noticed.

ShellShock
08-17-2014, 08:52 AM
From hearing Danny Woodburn's voice from the iOS game, I can understand why he was replaced by Shaloub. Since we've already decided that Knoxville wasn't put in the movie because of his Star Power, is it really that unbelievable that Ploszek could've put out a sh1tty performance?

I mean, how many of us are basing the assumption that Ploszek would've made a superior Leo on more than a couple of his interviews?

Regardless, I hope we get a Bluray/DVD audio track in which we can hear Ploszek and Woodburn's performances, just for gits and shiggles. And if his voice performance is indeed superior, who says he can't be back body AND voice in the sequel? Voice Acting switcheroos were present during the first three films and I don't think anyone really noticed.
Do you have a video clip of Woodburn's Splinter?

TigerClaw
08-17-2014, 10:06 AM

Probably, The 99 Chese Pizza scene where Splinter taunts the Turtles, He does an Italian accent for a second, You think Danny Woodburn would have been able to do that?

Candy Kappa
08-17-2014, 10:38 AM

I think most people base it off the B-roll scenes with Pete in it. Like the scene where the turtles are captured and taken away.

IndigoErth
08-17-2014, 12:33 PM
As Knoxville has mentioned, he got to go in and just use his own normal voice... Pete's own normal voice in interviews and junk sounds fine, too, so imo it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch of the imagination that he'd have done well enough. Knoxville didn't exactly win it himself as far as I'm concerned... I'd rather have more heart and variation to the character over 24/7 gruffness.

Warhorse
08-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Ugh, instead of the stupid petitions flying around to stop the making of the sequel, I wish we had a simple petition to get Pete to voice Leo in the sequel.

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Ugh, instead of the stupid petitions flying around to stop the making of the sequel, I wish we had a simple petition to get Pete to voice Leo in the sequel.

Agreed.

Using a petition to cancel an already successful movie is pretty crazy. All that time could spent on trying to influence PD to replace Knoxville as Leo, or to give an idea of what fans might want for a sequel. But hey, I could be wrong about that too.

Warhorse
08-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Agreed.

Using a petition to cancel an already successful movie is pretty crazy. All that time could spent on trying to influence PD to replace Knoxville as Leo, or to give an idea of what fans might want for a sequel. But hey, I could be wrong about that too.

Yep. I gotta wonder. There are some hateful things being spewed by people who are vehemently against this movie and anything to do with it afterwards, I wonder if those people never stop to think, maybe just out of pure hostility, if the producers and creators of the new movies might just do things to piss off the fans even more, as kind of a rub it in your face that you guys mean nothing, and that you and the rest of the country is going to just go to a TMNT movie no matter what.

IndigoErth
08-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Heck, they used Twitter to influence fans to help advertise for the movie... Twitter, etc could work both ways. ;)

@ParamountPics

@platinumdunes ? Not sure if that one is legit..?
Nick... yeah not sure which Twitter of theirs.
Who else...?

Good time to get constructive feedback heard now good and early. Good old fashioned fan campaign. lol

pennydreadful
08-17-2014, 04:02 PM
I wonder if those people never stop to think, maybe just out of pure hostility, if the producers and creators of the new movies might just do things to piss off the fans even more, as kind of a rub it in your face that you guys mean nothing, and that you and the rest of the country is going to just go to a TMNT movie no matter what.

Where Bay's concerned, nothing would surprise me.

ranger_scout
08-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately, I am not expecting Ploszek to voice Leonardo in the sequel, especially since Knoxville signed a major deal with Paramount.

Paramount Pictures has signed Johnny Knoxville and his Hello Junior banner to an exclusive 2-year first-look deal. This comes after Deadline revealed that he was brought in to voice Leonardo in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and it follows a long string of hits with the studio including the Jackass films and Bad Grandpa. Those Jackass films have earned $336 million globally, and Bad Grandpa did just over $150 million worldwide.

“Johnny is hilarious,” said Brad Grey, Chairman & CEO of Paramount Pictures. “I have known him for many years now, and I am constantly impressed and in awe of his unwavering commitment to ensure audiences around the world have a great time at the movies.”

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/paramount-taps-jackass-impresario-johnny-knoxville-to-first-look-deal/

Galactus
08-30-2014, 06:18 PM
^^^

That does disheartening on the prospect of getting rid of Knoxville but then if he is such an asset to them I kinda hope they stick in movies you can see his face and not a voice artist for a cgi turtle.

IndigoErth
08-30-2014, 06:37 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ckn3wgDj1qfc8cw.gif
“Johnny is hilarious,” said Brad Grey, Chairman & CEO of Paramount Pictures.
Earth to Hollywood/Paramount, it doesn't matter if you think he's so frigging hilarious. Either figure out how to voice cast an important character right (as Leo fans appreciate, not CEOs, because I'm far from the only one who didn't care for it or think it could have been better with Pete) or gtfo. You want Jackass in there so much, then give him his own damn separate appearance.
Edit: Pardon me... Watching through 2003 series first time, at the moody, mad Leo portion... think he rubbed off a little.

Granted I suppose this info only suggests he's further signed with Paramount, not necessarily TMNT.

LeoRaph
08-30-2014, 07:53 PM
"“Johnny is hilarious,” said Brad Grey, Chairman & CEO of Paramount Pictures."

Leo is NOT meant to be hilarious EVER!

He is the calm stoic disciplined SERIOUS Turtle who is the Leader for a reason. His humour is 'Subtle' which usually comes from his reactions and frustrations with the others. If any thing he should have a very good DRAMATIC actor playing him with range as it is extremely difficult to play the straight guy, especially when every other turtle has a very specific quirk for actors to lock into easily. By a poor actor he will be a Vanilla one dimensional character but by someone who cares and wants to do the character justice they will see the many subtle colours in him and develop & express them. But you need a good script in the first place to do this and well....a bad script is a bad script, especially when the turtles are not even leads in their own movie.

Regardless, I fail to see how a trained actor like Pete who had one of the best voices I've heard for Leonardo and was used for his physical and emotional performance gave a crappy voice performance. To me, it was just Paramount panicking and cashing in on a successful contracted employee's fan base to even out the numbers plain and simple.

I hope to god they get rid of Knoxville. But they won't. Just like they won't replace Fox. Instant Money is Instant Money.

If they ask Pete back for the suit and not the voice, he should just tell Knoxville and Paramount to FO and make him do all the 'Work' in the suit as well as the voice acting for the sequel and use his cash and exposure from this one for bigger things. Then Paramount will see how 'Valuable' and 'Engaging' the emotional and physical performance of Leonardo is by Knoxville. Or maybe they can just have a hybrid of Mikey and Raph and eliminate Leo's 'True' personality completely...

Gruff Leonardo? Give me a break.:trolleye:

IndigoErth
08-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Regardless, I fail to see how a trained actor like Pete who had one of the best voices I've heard for Leonardo and was used for his physical and emotional performance gave a crappy voice performance. To me, it was just Paramount panicking and cashing in on a successful contracted employee's fan base to even out the numbers plain and simple.

Sadly prob right, and kills me that they stuck him with Leo. (Not that any of the Turtles is a match for him. He's better off with just his own cameo or bit part.) If they stick with him I'm afraid these films will always be a let down to me, even if they end up with a good script for one...

What I think is kind of stupid is that - after Knoxville saying on video that he didn't have to put on a voice or anything, they just had him use his own regular voice - if Pete's vocal acting during the shoot wasn't as good as they'd hoped for, but he undeniably has a great "Leo voice," why not have had him dub it over again himself with someone working with him to get what they want from the voice acting.

Shark_Blade
08-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Ah well. :(

Poor Pete. :cry:

Slap-Happy
08-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Leo is NOT meant to be hilarious EVER! Have you seen anything TMNT related ever? You're forming history around your opinions.

He is the calm stoic disciplined SERIOUS Turtle who is the Leader for a reason. His humour is 'Subtle' which usually comes from his reactions and frustrations with the others. I don't think there's much "subtle" humor in this franchise. Even the biggest sticks-in-the-mud I've met can make jokes. He's a teenager. Teenagers do that.

Regardless, I fail to see how a trained actor like Pete who had one of the best voices I've heard for Leonardo and was used for his physical and emotional performance gave a crappy voice performance.Oh, okay. In that ONE B-ROLL video, he was one of the best Leo voices EVER. Alright, yeah.

Okay, yeah. To me, it was just Paramount panicking and cashing in on a successful contracted employee's fan base to even out the numbers plain and simple.
Yeah, part of that's correct. They've got a good relationship with Knoxville, and he's (barely) a draw. Why wouldn't they use him?

If they ask Pete back for the suit and not the voice, he should just tell Knoxville and Paramount to FO He's probably got a contract, so that won't be happening.

LeoRaph
08-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Have you seen anything TMNT related ever? You're forming history around your opinions.

Yes. Almost Everything (Halfway through 2K3) but the new movie and next mutation So I have a pretty good idea of who Leo is and He CAN be 'Funny' at times but he is 'Not Hilarious'. 'Being Hilarious' and 'Doing Something Hilarious' every now and then are 2 different things.

I don't think there's much "subtle" humor in this franchise. Even the biggest sticks-in-the-mud I've met can make jokes. He's a teenager. Teenagers do that.

My bad, apart from the other times I've mentioned where he shows the most humour I forgot to mention the tiny times when he actually plays or makes a joke... like a teenager. Making a joke is NOT the same as 'being hilarious'.

The humour from him in the first 2 movies and the 2K3 series was pretty subtle to me... you know 'Not In Your Face' like Mikey. I've seen plenty of 'Subtle Humour' from him and the others, even Mikey at times. So, yeah 'Subtle' is definitely in the franchise, particularly the 1990 Movie and 2K3 series.

Oh, okay. In that ONE B-ROLL video, he was one of the best Leo voices EVER. Alright, yeah.

I was also going from his interviews from his actual voice and his general natural demeanor which seems bang dead on to me and others.

He's probably got a contract, so that won't be happening.

'Probably' isn't enough to warrant 'Won't' from your statement.

Hell, if that's the case, he'll also 'Probably' have enough money and exposure to WALK from a crappy deal, especially to afford a lawyer to get a better deal or find a loophole to walk.

Imagine what that feels like 'We want you to do the Emotions and Body work 'Again' just Not the Voice. Knoxville's got that. You also have to do the awkward touring and promoting with the other core cast again who got to voice and act while Knoxville sits on his ass. Oh, we could have got you to ADR everything but yeah...'

Not many people are going to put up with that. I doubt Woodburn will be back. So why should Pete? Because he has no other credits? His bound by a crappy contract? Even for Hollywood that's f*****d up.

He'll find a loophole. If he's back he'll do both. If he isn't can you really blame him?

Leolead
08-30-2014, 11:47 PM
Please let Pete voice Leo!!!!

Andrew NDB
08-31-2014, 12:15 AM
I ballyhoo a big "who cares." But were I in his shoes I'd be heated, sure.

Leolead
08-31-2014, 12:33 AM
I'm not even Pete, and I'm pissed!

I like his voice better than Knoxville. Knoxville sometimes sounded like an old man and just didn't fit too well with Leo. Pete has more of a youthful tone. I don't understand why they changed it.

I've been thoroughly impressed with Pete in everything I've seen him him for the press tour. Voice aside, he's so intelligent, insightful, and well-spoken. on my first viewing of the movie I spent all my time wondering what his voice track sounded like every time I heard Knoxville come out of Leo's mouth.

Slap-Happy
08-31-2014, 02:17 AM
Yes. Almost Everything (Halfway through 2K3) but the new movie and next mutation So I have a pretty good idea of who Leo is and He CAN be 'Funny' at times but he is 'Not Hilarious'. 'Being Hilarious' and 'Doing Something Hilarious' every now and then are 2 different things. My bad, apart from the other times I've mentioned where he shows the most humour I forgot to mention the tiny times when he actually plays or makes a joke... like a teenager. Making a joke is NOT the same as 'being hilarious'. I don;t really know what "being hilarious" is. I took it as someone who can be funny. Not as "this person is funny and only funny".

'Probably' isn't enough to warrant 'Won't' from your statement.

He'll find a loophole. If he's back he'll do both. If he isn't can you really blame him?That was a mis-wording on my part. I just think that, if he's back, it's not by choice. A contract might make it so he has to do it, or there might be a clause in there that allows him to be released. After all, it was apparently written that another voice actor could be brought in. I think the only reason Knoxville replaced Pete is because Pete doesn't have any credits. If Alan, Noel, or Jeremy didn't have credits, it might have been one of them being replaced.

Also, is there the chance that Paramount always wanted Knoxville but he couldn't commit to shooting?

EDIT: Watching a couple interviews, Pete makes a comment about wanting to make another, and Johnny got asked about a mocap suit and he says "Next time..." so, who knows.

LeoRaph
08-31-2014, 03:37 AM
I don;t really know what "being hilarious" is. I took it as someone who can be funny. Not as "this person is funny and only funny".

No worries, I'll break it down. 'Being Hilarious'/'Is Hilarious' is some one who is known or identified as being 'Mostly' funny, goofy,outrageous, whacky etc....you get the picture. Pretty much Mikey and we all know there's more to Mikey than 'Being Hilarious'. But can we honestly say Leo 'Is Hilarious' as in that is his major characteristic? Doubtful.

Which is why it is just Monumentally Dumb to have someone who is known and described as 'Is Hilarious' by Paramount as their selling point for someone playing Leo.

IndigoErth
08-31-2014, 12:21 PM
and Johnny got asked about a mocap suit and he says "Next time..." so, who knows.
If they do... :roll: Mocap is clearly a young man's game and young Turtles need young guys to provide their motion...

If the film makers lose what remains of their sanity and think they want to put Knoxville in a suit, I dunno... let him do it for Rocksteady or someone else like that instead. (And then use a stunt double most of the time. lol) A character that might be a bit better suited in voice and may not have to move with the same amount of agility and youth as the Turtles.

Watching the 2003 series and gone through Leo's mad phase, now I feel like some nitwit saw that one portion and decided they should aim for that instead of normal Leo. Terrible idea if so.