PDA

View Full Version : Who's on your list to customize?

connor_obain
08-16-2014, 03:51 AM
To the customizers out there, who is on you TMNT customization list?

I'm really curious as to how others go about this? do you make a list or do you see a base figure/figure and decide from there? or do you do it another way

I kind of have a list of characters i want to customize but every now and again i see a figure and think they would make a great base for a certain character.

my current list is
Mutagen man
Man Ray
Wingnut & Screwloose
Leatherhead
Pizzaface
Scumbug
Dogpound

and i would love to do a megamutant Killer Bee

What about you guys?

psychturtle
08-16-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm actually going to repaint a 5" from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I have all of the S.H. Figuarts rangers and want a baddie to go with them. So I'll repaint goldar and maybe pudgy pig or something.

I don't really have a list of things I want to paint but mores just think up a project and do it when I get time.

hitmonkey
08-16-2014, 11:22 AM
My number one project right now is going to be repainting the eyes on the 1990 Jim Henson Classics. They need green around their eyes in the worst way.

Discogod
08-16-2014, 12:03 PM
At some point, I want to make new versions of my Mirage Shredder & Casey. I've never been 100% happy with any of my previous customs, and I think I've improved my skills to the point where I can really nail them.

After that, I wanna scratchbuild 1990 movie Turtles, Casey, Shredder, Splinter, Tatsu and some Foot ninja. They'll be 6" scaled, fully sculpted which will then be moulded & cast in plastic, with plenty of articulation (think NECA's movie figures for the kind of joints I'm planning). It'll be a hell of a project, one I've been planning for 5+ years, but I'm getting closer to starting...

arkangel
08-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Having done 2 Splinters, Casey Jones, and Karai, I think I'd like to do the following next :

- a better Baxter Stockman - my first attempt was mediocre at best
- April O'Neil (bi-racial)
- a Fugitoid repaint
- Slash (big and bad)

BellyBoy
08-16-2014, 02:19 PM
the whole 90's tmnt line ( characters only )

elessar33
08-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Almost done a rat king, a shredder, foot and karai

Next on my list is

Slash
Baxter fly
Krang & android body - classic and concept

Huzzah
08-16-2014, 10:01 PM
I've got a 7 inch Savanti Romero, who is one left Ultimate Goblin arm*from compete complete...

raph27
08-18-2014, 08:11 AM
After that, I wanna scratchbuild 1990 movie Turtles, Casey, Shredder, Splinter, Tatsu and some Foot ninja. They'll be 6" scaled, fully sculpted which will then be moulded & cast in plastic, with plenty of articulation (think NECA's movie figures for the kind of joints I'm planning). It'll be a hell of a project, one I've been planning for 5+ years, but I'm getting closer to starting...
HELL YES. I want to this happen so bad after what Playmates did to the Turtles.

marioman1234
08-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Some of these sound pretty cool, I would love to see them come to fruition!

As for me, I have two ideas I'd like to try out (if I can get my hands on the parts);

-secret of the ooze shredder (or I suppose this could be called movie star shredder
- Mutatin' Slash

Seedkiller
08-20-2014, 12:09 AM
I already did a 2014 movie 12 inch Raphael. Still gotta finish he sais though.
I'm currently working on a Nick Leatherhead. I'm just about done and will (I hope) post pics of it real soon.

connor_obain
08-20-2014, 03:15 AM
I've got a 7 inch Savanti Romero, who is one left Ultimate Goblin arm*from compete complete...

thats a brilliant base figure for that character!

Huzzah
08-20-2014, 08:32 AM
I'll post an incomplete image later today to give the idea.

psychoandy
08-22-2014, 12:58 AM
Eventually, I'd like to repaint the entire '88 line. One of each character, not one of each figure.

Like, I don't need to repaint every single Leonardo. Just the ones I really like. Just one Bebop, one Rocksteady, etc.

connor_obain
08-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Eventually, I'd like to repaint the entire '88 line. One of each character, not one of each figure.

Like, I don't need to repaint every single Leonardo. Just the ones I really like. Just one Bebop, one Rocksteady, etc.

If i had the time, money and space to display them i would love to have a original, custom painted and custom of each character *buys lottery ticket*

arkangel
08-23-2014, 10:52 PM
If i had the time, money and space to display them i would love to have a original, custom painted and custom of each character *buys lottery ticket*

Yes! I'm really enjoying a lot of the repaints and how they bring out the sculpt details. Grape Soda's Leatherhead, BellyBoy's Doc EL, Huzzah's Napoleon, Psychoandy's Nick repaints... just to name a few.

notorious
09-07-2014, 06:53 PM
chein khan,craniac,armaggon,tora,shogun,koya,tigerclaw,b ludgeon,dirtbag,newtralizer

have the gang of 4,null,leatherhead in progress

spartan0996
09-12-2014, 03:05 PM
IDW Traag, Koya, Pete, April, Splinter... meh maybe the 3 neutrino commandos and I'm currently being too lazy to paint the Rat King

HotNunchuckFury
10-12-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm currently repainting the 11" movie figures and next I plan to repaint each of the new LARP figures. I also want to create my own dark Leo. Never done any sculpting before but eager to give it a bash.

tmntfannumerouno
11-22-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm working on Krang's body right now using an old power ranger as a base. After seeing Discogod's I was inspired to make my own. I just hope mine turns out half as good as his.

also on the to do list
Dredmon
Rat King
Ray Fillet
Foot Soldier
Cryin' Hound (never able to find a good base)
I also need to invest in a good camera so I can start posting pics.

connor_obain
12-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Just added Casey Jones, shredder and foot soldier to my list

Plasticplayhouse
12-04-2014, 09:56 AM
dude, there's so many great ideas on these lists! i hope some of you guyzez stuff starts coming to fruition soon!

for me, i have a bunch of ideas, but i only work in one or two actual customs at a time to keep my motivation focused. right now, my list is:

IDW Rocksteady :)

Nameless
12-04-2014, 02:09 PM
i haven't done any custom work yet but my GF has an art degree so when i do i'll have some help. the 2 big items i want to make a custom of is 1) repaint my extra shredder cruiser to the neutrino red for display. 2)the other and harder to do one is a Granitor. always felt it a shame he wasn't made and i really want one to display.

i geuss i do plan on building a huge custom diorama when i have the space and funds to do so as well but nothing drawn or figured out on that yet

tmntfannumerouno
12-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I just finished all the sculpting for a hokum hare using the 2012 Michaelangelo as a base. I'm going to hold of on painting him just yet as I might end up changing his hands as I'm not to happy with my choice atm.