PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for Turtles Forever on Blu Ray?

Shark_Blade
08-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Despite the flaws, I still enjoy this "film" and very much want it in HD. The unedited version of course! I heard the DVD release has a portion cut off, wtf was that all about? :tgrumble:

And god forbid a TV movie like high school musical gets released on blu ray, but not Turtles Forever? Come on Viacom/Nick. :twink:

I know it'll look nice next to my pizza-box tmnt blu ray set and also the upcoming new movie/+Raph statue..

TheSkeletonMan939
08-16-2014, 08:01 AM
There was a trailer for on The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Blu-ray... I wonder if it was in high definition?

Coola Yagami
08-16-2014, 08:10 AM
It better be the unedited New York comic con version or don't even bother.

sgtfbomb
08-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Nickelodeon doesn't seem to do much with Blu Ray. Even the contemporary series hasn't been released in that format and they're still using the archaic "volume" approach to physical home video distribution. (Luckily, for Legend of Korra fans, they seem to be breaking habit.)

chrisdude
08-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Was it aired in HD?

evan2000
08-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Currently the best versions out there are either Region-2 (UK) or Region-4 (Australia) DVD release. They are the complete, uncut version which runs 80 minutes, instead of 72 minutes for the edited Region-1 (US) version.

I have the Region-4 DVD myself, it was natively encoded in 720x576 @ 25 fps which I upscaled it myself to 1080p. The result can be quite close to Blu-ray quality with the right upscaling filters. These are the screen shots before and after the HD conversion:

http://i.imgur.com/2DUEgZ0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IQ9m4uv.jpg

Of course, a native Blu-ray release would be even better as it would have lesser compression artifacts than DVD. However, I don't expect a huge improvement since the source material was probably not in HD too. It might just be upscaled version of SD source encoded in Blu-ray spec, like how The Simpsons Season 13 Blu-ray set was made.