PDA

View Full Version : I noticed alot of deleted scenes from the 2014 movie

Raph
08-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Last night I was able to watch a special midnight screening here in the Netherlands, almost a week ahead of it's premiere.

I thought it was ok, the pace in the first 20 min was nice, but after that the whole movie felt rushed. Action scene after action scene with no balance/pauzes for character developent. Really just an empty action flick.

But I noticed how much was deleted! From the top of my head:
- Where was Baxter Stockman (K. Todd Freeman)
- Where was that scene where Sacks is wearing the one Shredder glove while talking with April
- Where are scenes where he looks at the armor from the side, and where you see all the Japanese stuff he collects
- The elevator scene was shorter.
- The whole scene with Raph in disguise (they even made a figure!)
- Where the scene with the Dora costume
- The scene where Raph gets into the car (guess they finally noticed he wouldn't fit )
- The kid in Times square who asks something to Raph
- The Foot Soldier who commits seppuku.

I don't know if there's more, but there should be a lot of deleted/extended scenes on the Blu-Ray if you ask me.

rodster6
08-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I get the feeling the movie studio lost faith in the film and cut/re-shot a lot of stuff to try and appease everyone.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-16-2014, 02:31 PM

I believe I saw Baxter very briefly in the film, as one of the scientists in the background. It could easily have just been some other guy though.

DioLeo451
08-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Last night I was able to watch a special midnight screening here in the Netherlands, almost a week ahead of it's premiere.

I thought it was ok, the pace in the first 20 min was nice, but after that the whole movie felt rushed. Action scene after action scene with no balance/pauzes for character developent. Really just an empty action flick.

But I noticed how much was deleted! From the top of my head:
- Where was that scene where Sacks is wearing the one Shredder glove while talking with April
- Where are scenes where he looks at the armor from the side, and where you see all the Japanese stuff he collects
- The elevator scene was shorter.
- The whole scene with Raph in disguise (they even made a figure!)
- Where the scene with the Dora costume
- The scene where Raph gets into the car (guess they finally noticed he wouldn't fit )
- The kid in Times square who asks something to Raph
- The Foot Soldier who commits seppuku.

I don't know if there's more, but there should be a lot of deleted/extended scenes on the Blu-Ray if you ask me.
Yea looks like the majority was cut which is disappointing I've also noticed some things missing
Splinters ''You live you die you fight as brothers''
Longer elevator scene
April waking up in their lair
Mikey giving her a tour
Leo and Raph training in the background
The actual foot ninjas in shredders dojo which was shown in the BTS special
all this potential just gone this was exactly what I wanted from the new film and it's just forgotten about:x
Hoping for an extended cut released on dvd I will pay top dollar for it:)

raphmike
08-16-2014, 05:43 PM
yeah and it that one all three turtles take by foots i saw video long ago when
they go out outside mikey say: leo, where raph and leo say: mikey! look
like cutscene too.

Xiewin
08-16-2014, 05:47 PM
yeah and it that one all three turtles take by foots i saw video long ago when
they go out outside mikey say: leo, where raph and leo say: mikey! look
like cutscene too.

That would have been a great scene.

neatoman
08-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Like I've said before, this movie might benefit from a director's cut.

THGhost
08-16-2014, 07:18 PM
The Foot Soldier who commits seppuku.

Seriously? Sounds like this movie could have been a lot better.

Like I've said before, this movie might benefit from a director's cut.

By the sounds of it, definitely. Might even change some people's overall opinion of the movie itself.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
08-16-2014, 11:17 PM
There was a scene with Vernon in the lair.

I REALLY would like an extended cut, but sadly don't see it happening.

Also would like to see where they would've taken the story with William Fitchtner as Shredder, but I don't think we'll very see that either.

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 08:16 AM
There was this scene I didnt see in the movie, it was on a BTS commercial on Nick. it appeared to be when splinter was defeated by Shredder, he was slowly dragging himself on ground towards Leo and they tightly hold hands while saying something to each other. The background also looked like some kind of dojo.

Why would they cut that out? It looked liked a very emotional scene. Seriously what is wrong with these filmakers?

Im getting pretty desperate to see a directors cut. I would really like to see what this film could have been with the interference of adding some random japanese guy to the plot.

NinjaPug
08-17-2014, 08:26 AM
People need to let go of the idea of a Jonathan Liebesman Director's Cut (especially for a PD film). It's not happening.

Matt2310
08-17-2014, 08:45 AM
And everyone keeps bitching saying they wanna see fitchner as shredder... Maybe if everyone didn't cry about him in the first place we could of seen it in theaters

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 08:48 AM
And everyone keeps bitching saying they wanna see fitchner as shredder... Maybe if everyone didn't cry about him in the first place we could of seen it in theaters

And I was one of those people who didn't complain...

Sach being Shredder never bothered me in the first place, I just wanted a great story.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Sach being Shredder never bothered me in the first place, I just wanted a great story.

Unfortunately, the creators of this train wreck were more interested in tricking us into seeing the movie than in actually trying to make a good film.

After seeing the final product, I too would have liked to see Fichtner as Shredder rather than having Saki crammed into the story for no purpose at all.

Coola Yagami
08-17-2014, 09:35 AM
And I was one of those people who didn't complain...

That's just..... no.... There wouldn't be a great story with General Sachs as Shredder.

And the people that keep complaining about actually wanting Fichtner being Shredder should read a TMNT comic or watch the show.

This movie was crap the moment they started with the alien nonsense. They had no idea what they were doing from the start. Even with an Asian Shredder, it still would have sucked horribly.

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 10:35 AM
That's just..... no.... There wouldn't be a great story with General Sachs as Shredder.

And the people that keep complaining about actually wanting Fichtner being Shredder should read a TMNT comic or watch the show.

This movie was crap the moment they started with the alien nonsense. They had no idea what they were doing from the start. Even with an Asian Shredder, it still would have sucked horribly.

I have always known about Oroku Saki and yes I have read some of the comics and I watched every movie and tv show that has ever come out for this title. Maybe I was just interested in something new for once.

I atleast wanted something decent. Not a half-assed story

Coola Yagami
08-17-2014, 10:43 AM
I have always known about Oroku Saki and yes I have read some of the comics and I watched every movie and tv show that has ever come out for this title. Maybe I was just interested in something new for once.

I atleast wanted something decent. Not a half-assed story

Then why even watch a movie based on an existing property if it's not going to have the basics? Yeah, the story and overall presentation will be different. Like say the difference between Batman 1989 and Dark Knight, both about Batman VS the Joker basically. I'm sure they could have done a non-half assed story by keeping the MAIN VILLAIN the same.

Like I said, this change was only one of the movie's many problems. Still woulda been a half-assed story regardless. Alien Turtles. Colonel Shroeder, Eric Sachs, Turtles created to be weapons, military foot, Shredder not asian, suddenly Shredder asian sloppily cut and pasted, etc etc etc. This was gonna be half-assed any way you slice it.

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Then why even watch a movie based on an existing property if it's not going to have the basics? Yeah, the story and overall presentation will be different. Like say the difference between Batman 1989 and Dark Knight, both about Batman VS the Joker basically. I'm sure they could have done a non-half assed story by keeping the MAIN VILLAIN the same.

Like I said, this change was only one of the movie's many problems. Still woulda been a half-assed story regardless. Alien Turtles. Colonel Shroeder, Eric Sachs, Turtles created to be weapons, military foot, Shredder not asian, suddenly Shredder asian sloppily cut and pasted, etc etc etc. This was gonna be half-assed any way you slice it.

Maybe you're right? The movie could have been just as terrible as it was with Sach as Shredder. All I know is that those scenes that were cut, looked a whole lot better than the final product.

DioLeo451
08-17-2014, 11:38 AM
There was this scene I didnt see in the movie, it was on a BTS commercial on Nick. it appeared to be when splinter was defeated by Shredder, he was slowly dragging himself on ground towards Leo and they tightly hold hands while saying something to each other. The background also looked like some kind of dojo.

Why would they cut that out? It looked liked a very emotional scene. Seriously what is wrong with these filmakers?

Im getting pretty desperate to see a directors cut. I would really like to see what this film could have been with the interference of adding some random japanese guy to the plot.
I thought that was Raphael

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 11:42 AM
I thought that was Raphael

I assumed it was too since the tag on his arm was red, but it was acually Danny Woodburn in mo-cap.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-17-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't think that adding what was cut would have made the movie better. Putting a bit of blood in it would have been nice, if you're going to make a pg-13 movie with action in it then there should be blood.

Warhorse
08-17-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't think that adding what was cut would have made the movie better. Actually, putting a bit of blood in it would have been nice. If you're going to make a pg-13 movie with action in it then there should be blood.

I'm not sure why TMNT got PG-13 as it is. I thought Narnia was more violent and that was saddled with a PG rating.

Midnight Mutant
08-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Not sure if this was said or not but the lines
"Hero's are not born, they are created. That's what your father and I were trying to create, heroes"

And "We were created as weapons"

If I'm not mistaken, I think those were taken out, or I just don't remember hearing it. I'm assuming it was taken out because they were now an antidote instead of weapons.

pennydreadful
08-18-2014, 01:30 AM
It sounds like this thing sure went through hell in the editing room. I guess the studio execs panicked because they didn't know what to do with what they had on their hands?

Shark_Blade
08-18-2014, 01:37 AM
So the deluxe 2 discs blu ray +Raph statue should include these deleted scenes.. right?

IndigoErth
08-18-2014, 01:42 AM
Putting a bit of blood in it would have been nice
It sounds like this thing sure went through hell in the editing room.
There's the blood, figuratively speaking... on the cutting room floor. Hemorrhaged so much footage it ended up shorter than the 2hr norm these days.

Then they shot it up with adrenaline and it ran at a rapid pace... ohhh I get it, like the... yeah, I see.

Raphael232
08-18-2014, 03:06 AM
they should of took their time and got the story right when they first wrote it. Keeping true to the origins for all these comic book movies is key to it being good. I mean my god they had Eastman there to help with the story, why they hell didnt they give him more input. Would of made a better movie if Laird and Eastman had more input in the story. Hopefully they go to them for the sequel. This movie is an example of them changing things that shouldnt have been changed in the first place. You already have the story their now do your job as a producer/director/writer and turn it into a good movie. This is how it is when untalented people do work in any form of arts. They make **** but people still buy it and as a result they are still in the industry that they shouldnt even be in. Not watching this movie in theaters but might buy it on Blu Ray or just wait for it to be on cable.

FrankRightNow
08-18-2014, 11:54 AM
This is why I think I ruined some of the movie for myself. Ever since last April when they started shooting I have been online everyday looking for set photos leaked pictures Ect. I was hoping for so much more to be hidden from my online snooping skills. It's my fault. Still liked the movie. Better than I expected but no surprise besides Afew 1 liners.

IndigoErth
08-18-2014, 03:06 PM
This is why I think I ruined some of the movie for myself. Ever since last April when they started shooting I have been online everyday looking for set photos leaked pictures Ect. I was hoping for so much more to be hidden from my online snooping skills. It's my fault. Still liked the movie. Better than I expected but no surprise besides Afew 1 liners.
Yeah, I agree. With expectations to see things that turned out to be cut out, and with as little as they were letting out at first then we were swamped with trailers real late... out of all the footage that made it into the film there is very little that the trailers never touched for at least a moment. Most of the untouched scenes seem to be April stuff...

Leo656
08-18-2014, 03:09 PM
I mean my god they had Eastman there to help with the story, why they hell didnt they give him more input. Would of made a better movie if Laird and Eastman had more input in the story.

I said from the beginning that Eastman's "involvement" was almost certainly nothing but a PR stunt. Definitely seems that I was right. Aaaaas usual.