PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) or The Last Airbender

ShellShock
08-16-2014, 06:53 PM
I personally like the new movie but I see that alot of people here don't enjoy it. So, I got a good question for you all, which is worse to you guys? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) or The Last Airbender?

Xiewin
08-16-2014, 06:54 PM
I personally like the new movie but I see that alot of people here don't enjoy it. So, I got a good question for you all, which is worse to you guys? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) or The Last Airbender?

At least the turtles stayed true to their personalities.

ShellShock
08-16-2014, 06:56 PM
At least the turtles stayed true to their personalities.

And they actually pronounce the names right

MrTMNT2012
08-16-2014, 06:58 PM
This thread is pointless.

The Last Airbender had the potential of being the next Star Wars. TMNT...obviously didn't and that's why Airbender is a catastrophe!

ShellShock
08-16-2014, 07:04 PM
This thread is pointless.
It's not pointless, just want to get some opinions.

NYShell
08-16-2014, 07:50 PM
The Last Airbender was horrible.

Turtles didn't turn out the way I wanted to at all, but I could still enjoy it. Saw it 3 times.

Netkeeper
08-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Dragonball Evolution.

#MechaFresh
08-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Dragonball Evolution.

man oh man, lol
:P :P :P

NinjaPug
08-17-2014, 05:12 PM
The Last Airbender had the potential of being the next Star Wars.

According to who?

Shark_Blade
08-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Star Wars is crap since Attack of the Clones, so he's not too far off.

Redeemer
08-17-2014, 07:09 PM
According to who?

They are both cult hits, but ATLA was not on Star Wars level.
They only other thing they shared is a philosophical aspect of "balance"

But could have the Avatar universe grown into something along the lines of star wars, yeah maybe if the first movie was done well, but after that terd they released I doubt it.

TMNT may have been mediocre, but it was not the abomination that ATLA was. ATLA was suppose to be a trilogy, but that movie bombed so bad they cancelled the trilogy.

pdizzle
08-17-2014, 07:20 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

MrTMNT2012
08-17-2014, 07:23 PM
According to who?

Based on the source material.

The TV Series was already incredibly cinematic and poignant. All they had to do was translate it to film...and they failed!

MrTMNT2012
08-17-2014, 07:25 PM

I meant the original trilogy obviously.

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 07:30 PM
I can't think of one person who enjoyed The Last Airbender movie.

Netkeeper
08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
My dad did.

But he knew nothing about the source material/likes every movie ever conceived anyway.

BabyTurtles
08-17-2014, 07:43 PM
oh man....the Last Airbender was just horrific.....it was painful to watch in theaters T^T

TMNT 2014 was enjoyable even if you didn't like the story.
The turtles were just fun to watch.

Midnight Mutant
08-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Tmnt 2014 is a masterpiece of a movie compared to AtlA. I at least enjoyed Tmnt...I could barely watch Avatar.

thebrownranger
08-17-2014, 09:23 PM
The Last Airbender sucked.

TMNT 2014 was a huge disappointment obviously, but TLA was worse.

NinjaPug
08-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Based on the source material.

The TV Series was already incredibly cinematic and poignant. All they had to do was translate it to film...and they failed!

I've seen the show and enjoy it but saying it should've been the next Star Wars is pushing it.....big time.

snake
08-17-2014, 10:30 PM
2014 beat TLA by a small stretch.

Slade
08-17-2014, 10:51 PM

Heh, I did. I know nothing of the show though.

Xiewin
08-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Heh, I did. I know nothing of the show though.

Well now I know there are a few people who did enjoy it lol

MrTMNT2012
08-18-2014, 03:46 AM
I've seen the show and enjoy it but saying it should've been the next Star Wars is pushing it.....big time.

Have you seen the show in it's entirety?

It's one thing to think a show is cute after you've seen a few episodes out of order but it's a whole different experience when you actually follow along the journey from beginning to end.

Star Wars doesn't even compare.

fridaynightdestination
08-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) is a great movie IMO, The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies ever made. Complete garbage.

NinjaPug
08-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Have you seen the show in it's entirety?

It's one thing to think a show is cute after you've seen a few episodes out of order but it's a whole different experience when you actually follow along the journey from beginning to end.

Star Wars doesn't even compare.

Yes, I've seen every episode in the correct viewing order. I have nothing against the show at all. I think it's very good.

What do you mean by "the next Star Wars?". This franchise had no shot at being a worldwide phenomenon like SW is. There are very few things that do. That's nothing against ATLA. It's just not on SW's level. And I'm not talking about opinions as to which franchise is better.

CyberCubed
08-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Star Wars came at a time when there were little big franchises.

plastroncafe
08-18-2014, 10:12 AM
You know what I'd love to see:

A compare/contrast of the Original TMNT (2014) script and the Original Airbender script and their final products.

There's been a leak going around the Avatar Fan Community written by someone who was boots-onna-ground during the Airbender movie production, who pretty much confirmed that the script was amazing, and that it was Hollywood's Power That Be that destroyed that flick in an effort to "make it more acceptable to a broader audience."

As to which murders the source material more efficiently, I can't say yet as I've not seen the new Turtle flick.

graphic_content
08-18-2014, 10:43 AM
i try my hardest to like ATLA - i religiously followed the show, and there are a few moments during the film, when the live action bending was incredible to watch - I wanted the movie to succeed, but ultimately its so darn boring. All the life, and the charm from the series got sucked from it, and worse than that , the dynamic Team Avatar had (developed in the series) was all but lost.

i hate to be mean, but the actress who played Katara; she better be thankful she grew up attractive, otherwise, there isnt much chance she'd play anything ever again, let alone the lead female in TF4.

so in short...Turtles was better; flawed, but better.

ObiWanFan4life
08-18-2014, 10:58 AM
TMNT 2014 was just a forgettable action movie, But The Last Airbender is a dull and horrible movie.

MrTMNT2012
08-18-2014, 11:17 AM
What do you mean by "the next Star Wars?". This franchise had no shot at being a worldwide phenomenon like SW is. There are very few things that do. That's nothing against ATLA. It's just not on SW's level. And I'm not talking about opinions as to which franchise is better.

If it was done right and had the same impact as the show had on TV then there's no way it wouldn't have been as big as Harry Potter or Star Wars.

All the right ingredients are there: an expansive and detailed world, intricate storytelling, cinematic look, universally acclaimed characters and amazing action set-pieces.

It's just one of those things like Toy Story or Lord of the Rings which would've clicked instantly if done absolutely right!