PDA

View Full Version : Which Turtle should have focus in the Sequel.

victory_angel
08-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Since Raph was the big focus in this film, which turtle deserves the focus in the sequel.

samxsteal
08-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Not one Just all of them even playing, Give them all something in the story. The this movie did one thing great it didn't put too much focus on one character compared to Older movies.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-19-2014, 12:51 AM
No turtle should be focused on more than the other.

Xiewin
08-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Since Raph was the big focus in this film, which turtle deserves the focus in the sequel.
But Raph was barely the main focus of the film, it's just that his character was a little bit more fleshed out by what? Like 10 percent? I was really looking forward to the first movie because it looked Raphael-centric, so now that I'm disappointed with what happened, I would like to see Raph the main focus again.

samxsteal
08-19-2014, 12:54 AM

Exactly lol keep them all about even Focus on apect for all of them but don favor them

IndigoErth
08-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Everyone equally, they are best as a team. :)

If I gotta pick one then naturally my boy Leo. A film that centers somewhat on him could be good development for him, though needs good writing by people who have a good handle on the kind of character he is and can add to his backstory in ways that make sense. In good ways that don't make a jerk out of him (looking at you 2007).

I mean look at him in that snow chase scene... Was rather hard on him - thrown from the truck, hit that tree, landed face first on those rocks, almost run over by the truck, knocked around, hit a windshield, electrocuted some more, ended up unconscious, woke up and despite all that he was going through himself was still the one to jump in that truck to save the people - while getting hit with that damn line to electrocute him again - then held onto them over the edge of the cliff with their only safety line being that from the electrocution device that was latched, no doubt painfully, onto/into his chest with the pull on it not only his own weight but the added weight of April and Vern.. ouch. Seriously, some may often think of him as the "boring" one, but the guy's quite awesome. And something that focuses on this side of him would be very welcome.

Candy Kappa
08-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Raph of course, he is the brooding loner-wolf who don't play by the rules, a bad boy. They always get main focus in a group movie.

turtle1237
08-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Not sure if Raph got more focus. sure he got more screen time than the other 3 lol. But we could have replace Raph with any other turtle, and the rescue scene would have been about the same, perhaps Vern reaction to each turtle different, but other than that, its not much of a change imo.

The story was really focus on April O'Neil. And for the next film I want Vern to be the main focus, After that maybe we can work on some back story for the Turtles once movie 3 rolls around.

massakre
08-19-2014, 12:49 PM
a focus on Leo in the sequel embracing his role as leader would be nicel..

buuuut.. who am i kidding.. i cant get enough Raph, ill be honest lol :lol:

OrangeNinja1987
08-19-2014, 12:54 PM
I'd like the focus to be on the team as a whole, but I think Donnie or Leo got the least focus in the new movie. That could be worked on, but I don't think the movie has to necessarily center on one of them as whole. It's not Raphael: the Movie.

Netkeeper
08-19-2014, 01:04 PM
I picked Donnie because I didn't think anybody was going to pick Donnie.

A little surprised that people actually did.

Lou 500
08-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Donatello. And I don't want him using any of that overkill nerdspeak either.

Candy Kappa
08-19-2014, 01:37 PM
Donatello. And I don't want him using any of that overkill nerdspeak either.

But... How else are we gonna know he is the nerd with the computor hackzor skillz

jenna
08-19-2014, 02:25 PM
I'll never get tired of seeing Raphael go through the roller coaster ride of emotional turbulence. He's a poetic combination of aggression and fragility. It's so engaging to watch.

ranger_scout
08-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Leo, obviously because he is the leader of the group.

Warhorse
08-19-2014, 04:03 PM
For starters, Raphael, really wasn't the main focus, at all. The main focus was April. And it seems like it was leaning towards of a more Mikey movie than anything.

I'd prefer an equal level playing field. But, I would like to see other than the Leo/Raph, Donny/Mikey team ups like we always see in the movies. Lets spice things up, Leo/Mikey and Donny/Raph team ups.

Ryanator008
08-19-2014, 04:04 PM
I want them all to have parts that focus on them. It would be silly to just focus on one and ignore the other three turtles.

Donatello19
08-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Well, I would LOVE for there to be a movie where Donnie would be the main focus...but we all know that ain't happening :ohwell:

victory_angel
08-19-2014, 06:34 PM
For starters, Raphael, really wasn't the main focus, at all. The main focus was April. And it seems like it was leaning towards of a more Mikey movie than anything.

I'd prefer an equal level playing field. But, I would like to see other than the Leo/Raph, Donny/Mikey team ups like we always see in the movies. Lets spice things up, Leo/Mikey and Donny/Raph team ups.

We did see a lot of Leo/Donnie team up in the movie including a moment where they take on the Shredder in tandem.

Bitsy83
08-19-2014, 06:59 PM
I vote Donnie as well, but mainly because I felt he sort of got gypped in "Secret of the Ooze." Remember where we find out that the ooze was nothing more but a "big mistake" from the scientists and Donnie got all bummed out? I sort of felt that when they were discovering the secret, that Donnie would play a major role in that discovery.

"I thought there was more to it..."

Yeah, so did we. :(

I think if this DOES deal with the Kraang conspiracy, Donnie should be the one who stumbles upon the Kraang first. I'm actually working on a plot bunny as we speak of a sequel. Though, with the lack of enthusiasm that people have over if any of the Turtles will be focused makes me wonder if this would work better as a fan fic...

Mellie
08-19-2014, 08:07 PM
The focus in the new movie was definitely on Raph (and even more so before the cuts). Like seriously, almost every scene with the turtles had Raph's mug front and center, lol.

I can never get enough Raphael, but I would love a movie that gave each turtle a moment in the spotlight. Especially poor Mikey and Don.

IndigoErth
08-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Especially poor Mikey and Don.
Donnie I could definitely agree with, being left playing second (fourth?) fiddle too often, Mikey though... I dunno, it's kind of hard for the class clown not to draw attention to himself.

Leo's often is shown to be pretty badass, but I feel people only tend to graze the surface of him and never go all that deep into who he is other than the supporting structure of the group.

Raph, well... he's clearly the golden boy where films are concerned. lol Esp if some of it hadn't been cut.

I suppose maybe the calmer, deeper personas of Leo and Donnie are just harder to write for, they need to get some additional talent in there who know what they're doing to give them good development.

victory_angel
08-19-2014, 08:46 PM
I think a plot line with Leo as it's focus character would naturally have Donnie. Because these two tend to carry each other through the situation where as Raph and Mikey tend to be individualized.

For example, you have Donnie always reporting to Leo such as "If we want to be at the lair before Splinter we have to leave now."

In the lair invasion, you hear Leo yell "Donnie, to me!" During the snowy hill escape Donnie jumps out of the truck to help Leo. After Donnie is sent plummeting it's Leo who grabs him. And after Raph tosses them back to the top of the building again, you see Leo and Donnie taking on the Shredder in tandem.

snake
08-19-2014, 09:14 PM
It's about time Donnie gets a focus, aside from SOTO.

IndigoErth
08-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Very true. Leo may be the leader but Donnie seems very much to be his right hand man, that movie and elsewhere. The rational thinker pair and the wild child pair... (If these guys were real it would be interesting to see them paired up like that on some team-based competitive reality show. lol But I digress...)

MsMarvelDuckie
08-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Of course I prefer for ALL of them to get some good moments and development, but it would be nice for Mikey to get some development beyond being "the funny one" or his goofy crush on April in the next film. I'd like to see some of his other traits get focused on a bit more, so that people see him as more than just the joker of the group.

k4tzm4n
08-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Out of those options, I voted for Leonardo and Donatello. I have a soft spot for Donnie, but given those choices, I'd much rather see two characters get additional development instead of just one.

Leo656
08-19-2014, 09:40 PM
I frankly don't care much what this series does going forward, the toothpaste is already out of the tube and is all over the damn sink. But, it would be nice for a movie to demonstrate why Leo is the leader, for a change. The only time it ever comes up is when Leo needs to be "bossy" to move the plot forward, or else one of the others has to bitch about him being the leader, to inject some "angst" into things. It would be nice to see him be the focus.

Never happen, though. He's neither the "Wolverine" character or the jokester character, which means he's eternally second-string. Which is stupid... seeing how he's, y'know, the leader, and thus should be the "default main character". I predict we only ever get movies about Raph or Mikey in the "main" role.

FrankRightNow
08-20-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm thinking Donnie and mikey. I think it would be good to split em up in pairs to see them interact. And maybe Raph and Leo's fighting gets them captured or pinned down somewhere

The True Shredder
08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
It has to be Leonardo. He is the leader and needs to take the role.If they don't make him BE the leader and just let each turtle have the same amount than where is the growth?2k3 did the best in that each turtle got screen time without forgetting that Leo is the leader.I mean heck if they all decided to fight against each other Leo will come out the top. So I pick Leo because it makes the most logical sense.

Warhorse
08-20-2014, 05:02 PM
It has to be Leonardo. He is the leader and needs to take the role.If they don't make him BE the leader and just let each turtle have the same amount than where is the growth?2k3 did the best in that each turtle got screen time without forgetting that Leo is the leader.I mean heck if they all decided to fight against each other Leo will come out the top. So I pick Leo because it makes the most logical sense.

Cyclopse was the leader in X-Men, and yet, he took a back seat big time to Wolverine, who seems to be the crowd favorite, so don't be surprised if the main character focus tends to be the fan favorites. I personally would prefer no Turtle be the main focus, but if they are, then Raphael or Mikey, since Leo and Donny are heavily focused in the toons (2k3 and Nick)

The True Shredder
08-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Cyclopse was the leader in X-Men, and yet, he took a back seat big time to Wolverine, who seems to be the crowd favorite, so don't be surprised if the main character focus tends to be the fan favorites. I personally would prefer no Turtle be the main focus, but if they are, then Raphael or Mikey, since Leo and Donny are heavily focused in the toons (2k3 and Nick)

Its not really a good example. Wolverine is tons older than Cyclops and he is the one who helped form the X Men aside from Xavier and Magneto. Wolverine just lets Cyclops lead because that's not his character. He does things his way and really doesn't want to lead anybody but in no.way does he see Cyclops as his leader. Leo on the other hand is seen as the leader by all Turtles. He is a TRUE leader compared to Cyclops.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
08-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Make Venus the focus..then its a win win bay style..boobs and turtle

Warhorse
08-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Its not really a good example. Wolverine is tons older than Cyclops and he is the one who helped form the X Men aside from Xavier and Magneto. Wolverine just lets Cyclops lead because that's not his character. He does things his way and really doesn't want to lead anybody but in no.way does he see Cyclops as his leader. Leo on the other hand is seen as the leader by all Turtles. He is a TRUE leader compared to Cyclops.

So. And in the end, Raphael and Mikey are probably going to be the Turtles who bring the butts in the seats. Raph because he is the most badass of the Turtles, and also very unpredictable, Mikey because the kids love him and both of them are wisecrackers. Leo I think is too much of a stiff to carry a movie. And Donny isn't on the level of badassery that Raph is.

Leo656
08-20-2014, 09:41 PM
I disagree vehemently about Raphael being unpredictable. He's very predictable. "He's angry all the time, for insubstantial reasons mostly related to behaving as an archetype, because stories about groups of characters needs each one to fill a pre-defined 'role' within the group." That about sums him up.

By his very definition of being a "Loose Cannon", he thus becomes very predictable. "He's gonna pitch a fit about nothing at all, then go sulk by himself and maybe pick a fight." That's about it.

Warhorse
08-20-2014, 10:38 PM
I disagree vehemently about Raphael being unpredictable. He's very predictable. "He's angry all the time, for insubstantial reasons mostly related to behaving as an archetype, because stories about groups of characters needs each one to fill a pre-defined 'role' within the group." That about sums him up.

By his very definition of being a "Loose Cannon", he thus becomes very predictable. "He's gonna pitch a fit about nothing at all, then go sulk by himself and maybe pick a fight." That's about it.

Not really. You don't know if he'll go with a plan, or if he will be against it, you don't know if he's going to like someone or hate them, you don't know if he is going to want to throw the first punch or not even bother. All of these scenarios I am getting from across all mediums tat have already depicted these situations. And really, I have yet to see him go out and actually pick a fight, he just happens to walk in on it or the fight comes to him.

jenna
08-21-2014, 04:42 AM
"He's angry all the time, for insubstantial reasons mostly related to behaving as an archetype, because stories about groups of characters needs each one to fill a pre-defined 'role' within the group." That about sums him up.

This is why I want to see more of him in the films - if the writers have the courage to go where so no other TMNT series / film has been willing to go and examine WHY Raphael is the way he is. I think a film that dug under the archetypal character would be really interesting. I want the whys and the wherefores.... Nickelodeon doesn't seem to want to touch that with a barge-pole - it seems that they are taking the 2k3 approach and just attributing his behaviour to a bad temper. :ohwell:

Warhorse
08-21-2014, 04:56 AM
This is why I want to see more of him in the films - if the writers have the courage to go where so no other TMNT series / film has been willing to go and examine WHY Raphael is the way he is. I think a film that dug under the archetypal character would be really interesting. I want the whys and the wherefores.... Nickelodeon doesn't seem to want to touch that with a barge-pole - it seems that they are taking the 2k3 approach and just attributing his behaviour to a bad temper. :ohwell:

For now. They say they are going to connect his temper to how he got his crack on his plastron, so that approach might bring in a new insight. Me personally, I just think Raphael is constantly battling with inner demons.

jenna
08-21-2014, 07:52 AM
For now. They say they are going to connect his temper to how he got his crack on his plastron, so that approach might bring in a new insight. Me personally, I just think Raphael is constantly battling with inner demons.

Oh. my. God. Are they???? That is brilliant. We're behind here in the UK, but I cannot wait for that episode!

And yes, I agree about the inner demons. That's one of the reasons I like him - seeing a character crushed by, combat and overcome inner demons is very engaging to watch.

The True Shredder
08-22-2014, 08:18 PM
So. And in the end, Raphael and Mikey are probably going to be the Turtles who bring the butts in the seats. Raph because he is the most badass of the Turtles, and also very unpredictable, Mikey because the kids love him and both of them are wisecrackers. Leo I think is too much of a stiff to carry a movie. And Donny isn't on the level of badassery that Raph is.

To you maybe. There is tons of Leo fans out there so what you said is moot.

Leo656
08-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Eh, I see it both ways. Leo's by far my favorite, but he's not the "Type" that brings the money in. The "Bad Boy" and "Lovable Goofball" characters are always the ones who have the important cross-over appeal with both little kids and chicks, so from a marketing standpoint, it makes sense why 99% of movie heroes fit in one of those two roles. Leo's "somber, driven leader" routine is too "boring" for the mainstream audience. Little kids don't like authority-type characters, and girls don't find them as "cuddly" as the goofball or as "naughty" as the bad boy. It's dumb, but that's what factors into these decisions.

So, while *I* see a lot of depth in Leo's character and would love to see a movie go into detail about him, it'll almost certainly never happen. Raph or Mikey will be the only Turtles to ever get the spotlight in a TMNT film. That's almost a lock.

IndigoErth
08-23-2014, 12:55 AM
and girls don't find them as "cuddly" as the goofball or as "naughty" as the bad boy. It's dumb, but that's what factors into these decisions.

Well, there are at least a few of us out here who have an appreciation for the master of a more refined, classy form of badassery. :P

Think Leo's just the sort that you really gotta understand that kind of persona to truly be able to see how much depth and everything there is to him. Maybe those that don't connect with him just can't see it... But that's fair enough though, I'm sure they may likewise see something in their faves that I don't.

Now to find film makers/writers that do get him...

Warhorse
08-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Eh, I see it both ways. Leo's by far my favorite, but he's not the "Type" that brings the money in. The "Bad Boy" and "Lovable Goofball" characters are always the ones who have the important cross-over appeal with both little kids and chicks, so from a marketing standpoint, it makes sense why 99% of movie heroes fit in one of those two roles. Leo's "somber, driven leader" routine is too "boring" for the mainstream audience. Little kids don't like authority-type characters, and girls don't find them as "cuddly" as the goofball or as "naughty" as the bad boy. It's dumb, but that's what factors into these decisions.

So, while *I* see a lot of depth in Leo's character and would love to see a movie go into detail about him, it'll almost certainly never happen. Raph or Mikey will be the only Turtles to ever get the spotlight in a TMNT film. That's almost a lock.

Hmmm. What about Lord of the Rings? Legolas in there has an attitude and personality that is pretty much close to Leo's, and yet the girls were flying into the theaters because they couldn't get enough of Legolas. I would know, I am one of them. Now granted, he was not an authority figure either, so that could be the appeal as well. (I hate authority figures too, and it might be one of the reasons why I have this love/hate retrospect of Leo.)

With that aside, why was just a Leo/Donny option made and not any other pairing? Personally, a Leo/Donny pairing in a nearly 2 hour movie would bore the hell out of me. I'd prefer opposites to be paired, and the most opposites would be the Leo/Mikey and Donny/Raph pairings.

Jester
08-23-2014, 01:21 AM
So much of this.

Leo656
08-23-2014, 01:39 AM
I honestly think Legolas's appeal had zero to do with his personality and everything to do with the fact that if he were any prettier he'd be wearing lipstick.

Warhorse
08-23-2014, 02:04 AM
I honestly think Legolas's appeal had zero to do with his personality and everything to do with the fact that if he were any prettier he'd be wearing lipstick.

Jealous? :lol: I just liked him because he was a nice guy, kickass fighter, and could live forever!

Hannurdock
08-23-2014, 02:06 AM
I don't see much of Leo in Legolas, I must admit - except for honour and lethal skills. I thought Aragorn was more Leo-like.

Leo656
08-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Jealous? :lol: I just liked him because he was a nice guy, kickass fighter, and could live forever!

Nope. Just more of an Aragorn guy.

I don't see much of Leo in Legolas, I must admit - except for honour and lethal skills. I thought Aragorn was more Leo-like.

Yeah, really.

Warhorse
08-23-2014, 02:21 AM

I was just saying Leo because Leo656 was under this impression that mass audience and girls in general tend to like either the bad naughty boys, or the fun loving comedic ones, and Legolas was neither. He was more or less a stiff, like Leo.

Leo656
08-23-2014, 02:23 AM
Well, to be fair, it was just a generalization. I know for a fact there's plenty of chicks who'd snuggle Leo; they're just a minority. :lol:

Hannurdock
08-23-2014, 02:26 AM
Well, to be fair, it was just a generalization. I know for a fact there's plenty of chicks who'd snuggle Leo; they're just a minority. :lol:

I'm one of them. ;)

IndigoErth
08-23-2014, 03:13 AM
lol Save me a Leo hug, one is all I ask. ;D

Radical Raph
08-23-2014, 06:37 AM
It doesn't matter. April O'Neill will get the focus.

IndigoErth
08-23-2014, 02:42 PM
It doesn't matter. April O'Neill will get the focus.
Noooo... she needs to go be the stereotypical damsel in need of rescuing who's imprisoned somewhere the entire time... but rescuing doesn't get around to happening until TMNT 3.

Radical Raph
08-24-2014, 04:23 AM
Noooo... she needs to go be the stereotypical damsel in need of rescuing who's imprisoned somewhere the entire time... but rescuing doesn't get around to happening until TMNT 3.
It seems like damsels just don't exist anymore in movies.

IndigoErth
08-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Well in most cases I'd see that as kind of a good thing, although in this one I could make an exception. One way ticket to Dimension X... *shoves April through portal...sorry Vern, some want you out too... breaks portal*

Warhorse
08-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Well in most cases I'd see that as kind of a good thing, although in this one I could make an exception. One way ticket to Dimension X... *shoves April through portal...sorry Vern, some want you out too... breaks portal*
Oh great. You want April to go to Dimension X. I can totally see what will happen after that. She comes back as Kala, and then her and Mikey will ride off into the sunset in a hover vehicle.

IndigoErth
08-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Oh great. You want April to go to Dimension X. I can totally see what will happen after that. She comes back as Kala, and then her and Mikey will ride off into the sunset in a hover vehicle.
ROFL

Uh... neh-never mind.

Warhorse
08-24-2014, 05:00 PM
ROFL

Uh... neh-never mind.

Come on now. Spill the beans. What's on your mind gurl!

BabyTurtles
08-24-2014, 05:27 PM
I don't care which turtle gets more focused as long as it's not April....

it would be awesome if ALL the turtles got equal time to shine though.

Warhorse
08-24-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't care which turtle gets more focused as long as it's not April....

it would be awesome if ALL the turtles got equal time to shine though.

This! That way I don't have to hear or see the threads crying about so and so got too much focus while so and so got too little. And really, it shouldn't be the case. They are supposed to be a team. Apart, they fumble, together they thrive.

turtlefanforever
08-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Not one Just all of them even playing, Give them all something in the story. The this movie did one thing great it didn't put too much focus on one character compared to Older movies.

because it didn't put much forucs on ANYONE besides April

IndigoErth
08-24-2014, 06:25 PM
because it didn't put much forucs on ANYONE besides April
Yeah, and some of it would be as simple to have fixed as a change in perspective in some of those scenes. :roll:

Like when...
...the Turtles notice on their monitors that something is up and run off to the subway station, instead of sticking with them we jump to seeing it all from April's perspective instead.

When they ask/tell her to meet up with them, we see it from her perspective... whatever scary situation 'poor April' is getting into like we're supposed to relate to her experience of the scene with the big scary Turtles out to get her, not theirs. I'd have much rather seen some down time of the guys waiting around to see if she'd show up. It would have been so easy to switch the focus and make it more about them. :roll:

I guess they don't get that we don't need a human to relate to in this stuff, the Turtles are well known enough, and "people" enough to be perfectly relateable on their own...

Warhorse
08-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah, and some of it would be as simple to have fixed as a change in perspective in some of those scenes. :roll:

Like when...
...the Turtles notice on their monitors that something is up and run off to the subway station, instead of sticking with them we jump to seeing it all from April's perspective instead.

When they ask/tell her to meet up with them, we see it from her perspective... whatever scary situation 'poor April' is getting into like we're supposed to relate to her experience of the scene with the big scary Turtles out to get her, not theirs. I'd have much rather seen some down time of the guys waiting around to see if she'd show up. It would have been so easy to switch the focus and make it more about them. :roll:

I guess they don't get that we don't need a human to relate to in this stuff, the Turtles are well known enough, and "people" enough to be perfectly relateable on their own...

I can see the reason why they chose to have it from April's perspective. Costs. It's cheaper to follow the human than to follow from the Turtles perspective. Granted, the budget was considerably more higher, but the recent Planet of the Apes was able to do this. Perhaps Paramount/PD could follow suit.

turtlefanforever
08-24-2014, 09:06 PM
its because Bay doesn't know how to focus anything around the stars of the movie. Just like transformers it all revolves around the people.

Galactus
08-24-2014, 09:59 PM
its because Bay doesn't know how to focus anything around the stars of the movie. Just like transformers it all revolves around the people.

^^^

Well that and budgetary concerns.

Autbot_Benz
08-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Actually bay's transformers movies focus on Optimus Prime and how his character develops over the course of the 4 movies. he goes from wanting to help humans to despising them.

Warhorse
08-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Actually bay's transformers movies focus on Optimus Prime and how his character develops over the course of the 4 movies. he goes from wanting to help humans to despising them.

And for people who liked other Transformers besides Prime, it was frustrating. Especially for me, they killed off my favorite in the third one. I hope they don't go and kill off Raphael just for some shock and awe.

IndigoErth
08-25-2014, 01:19 PM
I hope they don't go and kill off Raphael just for some shock and awe.
If they go doing that to anyone they can consider me done at that point... :(

And for people who liked other Transformers besides Prime, it was frustrating. Especially for me, they killed off my favorite in the third one.
I'm glad I'm not really attached to that franchise anymore and don't have all that much interest in it's movies. As a kid and a lifelong Jeep Wrangler fan, Hound (thank you internet for reminding me of the name again) was my fave and I still have my old Willys style Jeep Transformers figure.

So... just now when looking the name up again I saw that Hound is actually in this new one! Annnnd... then saw/read that Hound is apparently no longer a Jeep at all and is the one that killed the alien like a jackass in that one certain [supposedly potentially subliminally misogynistic] scene I did hear about. *MASSIVEFACEPALM* Thanks, Bay, thanks. (Any of your team harm TMNT, esp Leo, I will...theoretically speaking...have your head on a stick.)

Autbot_Benz
08-25-2014, 01:55 PM
The Transformers movies are not based off of the overrated G1 cartoon they are its own continuity. I loved Hound in TF4 voiced by John Goodman. It was basically Goodman's character from Big Lebowski as a robot with lots of guns.

samxsteal
08-25-2014, 03:19 PM
The Transformers movies are not based off of the overrated G1 cartoon they are its own continuity. I loved Hound in TF4 voiced by John Goodman. It was basically Goodman's character from Big Lebowski as a robot with lots of guns.

Agreed lol Goodman Was hilarious it was funny

ObiWanFan4life
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Try and do what The Avengers did and give each turtle something relevant to do.

Warhorse
08-26-2014, 05:02 PM

Yeah, my mom actually liked that one, especially when he got stuck after an explosion and literally made the comment "I can't get my fat ass out!" :lol:

But, after Ironhide, my next favorite would be Sideswipe, and he wasn't even in the last one! Whatever happened to the Ferrari, Dino? He was cool too! The last Transformers movie really sucked, for a Transformer movie. It's the only Transformer I know I am not going to own.

Try and do what The Avengers did and give each turtle something relevant to do.

And the best thing about this line of thinking, it is so easy to do. I always saw that each Turtle had a tremendous strength where the others were kind of weak, and I wished the movies and the TV shows both would emphasize on why they work way better as a team. I partially blame this on the comics, because the comics were clear in that there were heavyweight favorites with Donny and Leo, whereas Mikey and Raph took a backseat, so I always wondered, what was the point of making a team when all you need is Leo and Donny to save the day?