PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Goes Above And Beyond To Help A Sick Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan

ShellShock
08-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Cinema Blend has reported on a story that is sure to warm every TMNT fan's heart. Paramount helped out a sick TMNT fan who couldn't see the new movie in theaters by bringing the film to him, similar to the creator of Rocket Raccoon with Guardians of The Galaxy. If you want to read more on it, you can check out the full story here: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Paramount-Goes-Above-Beyond-Help-Sick-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Fan-66864.html
Whether you like the movie or not, this is really nice of Paramount.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-20-2014, 09:37 PM
This is nice, I am expecting someone to come in here and applaud what they did but complain about how it's bad cause he saw a tmnt movie that they thought was bad.

Leo656
08-20-2014, 09:39 PM
...And comments like that are in no way baiting them. Nope. Not at all. :roll:

Davetello
08-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that is nice of them to do. I hate to wear my cynical hat though, but sometimes companies and famous individuals do these things for the publicity I feel. I'm not saying that is the case here but just generally speaking.

I hope the sick fan enjoyed the film regardless. Even if these things are sometimes done in a cynical fashion, the end result is an ill person benefiting, and that is ultimately what counts.

snake
08-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Total publicity stunt, but still a nice thing to do for the fan. I hope he enjoyed it.

pennydreadful
08-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Agreed - I question Paramount's altruism, but it meant a lot to the sick fan and I'm glad that a giant corporation did something nice for the little guy (regardless of how self-serving it may seem).

turtle1237
08-20-2014, 11:05 PM
That was nice of em.

Davetello
08-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Yeha, ultimately the end result is what matters, regardless of the motive.

Ryanator008
08-21-2014, 06:58 AM
It's nice that they did that, even thought it was just for publicity. I find it weird how they gave it to him on an i Pad. Was a DVD beyond Shenron's power?

The Stryker
08-21-2014, 07:05 AM
It's nice that they did that, even thought it was just for publicity. I find it weird how they gave it to him on an i Pad. Was a DVD beyond Shenron's power?

Way easier to protect a movie from being leaked if it's on a private device that they own.

Also probably easier since the movie is most likely a digital file. Just pop it over onto the iPad. Easy.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Even if this is just a publicity stunt, as some seem to suggest, the end result is the same: this guy got to see a movie he otherwise wouldn't have been able to see so soon, and I'm sure he's elated to have had the opportunity.

Tazi
08-21-2014, 09:42 AM
this guy got to see a movie he otherwise wouldn't have been able to see so soon

you might want to add: legally :D

THGhost
08-21-2014, 11:45 AM
This is nice, I am expecting someone to come in here and applaud what they did but complain about how it's bad cause he saw a tmnt movie that they thought was bad.

I wasn't thinking about that until you just mentioned it. You need to lighten up around here. :roll:

Raphies
08-21-2014, 12:24 PM
I agree with all y'all, whether or not it was a publicity stunt or not it was still nice of 'em to do that for that kid.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-21-2014, 02:29 PM
I wasn't thinking about that until you just mentioned it. You need to lighten up around here. :roll:

Eh, I'm not the one that is on the it sucks so much butt bandwagon.

THGhost
08-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Eh, I'm not the one that is on the it sucks so much butt bandwagon.

Nor am I, cos I haven't seen it yet. :P