PDA

View Full Version : What 'serious' alternate title would suit TMNT?

Lou 500
08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Batman's title was The Dark Knight in Nolan's series, and Superman's was Man of Steel in Snyder's iteration.

So if we were to ever get a movie that actually tried taking TMNT down this route, what kind of title do you think would suit it? I've got:

Hamato Clan

TMNT (Yeah we've already had it, but it kinda works)

Turtles Fight With Honor

joefsas
08-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Heroes in a half shell

Anton Chigurh
08-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Batman's title was The Dark Knight in Nolan's series, and Superman's was Man of Steel in Snyder's iteration.

So if we were to ever get a movie that actually tried taking TMNT down this route, what kind of title do you think would suit it? I've got:

Hamato Clan

TMNT (Yeah we've already had it, but it kinda works)

Turtles Fight With Honor

The only title I feel that matches MOS and TDK is
Heros in a half shell obviously

Anton Chigurh
08-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Brotherhood of the turtle, I'd love that title doesn't seem to fit this sequel though in my opinion.

pingclang
08-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Even though it was rough, I always thought that TMNT: Red Sky sounded really cool. Maybe have something in the story change the sky and give the movie a darker tone? Probably just me.

Ryanator008
08-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Ninja Turtles, Turtles, Green Machine? There isn't much to work with.

unlundun
08-22-2014, 10:50 AM
City at War

Powerful title, awesome story, would be grand. Would never happen now!

plastroncafe
08-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Seconding: City at War

Andrew NDB
08-22-2014, 11:12 AM
The only title I feel that matches MOS and TDK is
Heros in a half shell obviously

Which is stupid because they're neither heroes nor have half shells. That whole saying needs to stay dead.

"The Fearsome Foursome" is the closest thing I can imagine that would work, but it, #1: Sounds laughable, #2: Sounds like some kind of group of sexual predators. Maybe a play on it? "The Fearsome Four" or "Fearsome Four"? Worked for the Magnificent Seven (and soon Tarantino's "Hateful Eight").

Maybe a play on Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai," ala, "The Four Ninja"? And have it be a balls-to-the-walls all out ninja action movie.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-22-2014, 12:00 PM
If they were to make a Raphael solo movie, they could call it "The Nightwatcher".

fridaynightdestination
08-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Four Brothers (yes I know about that Mark Walhberg movie)

neatoman
08-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Well since Dark Knight and Man of Steel are established alternative titles since long...

...Plastron Café? Shell Shock? Turtle Soup?

Ryanator008
08-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Well since Dark Knight and Man of Steel are established alternative titles since long...

...Plastron Café? Shell Shock? Turtle Soup?

Shell Shock sounds pretty good.

plastroncafe
08-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Plastron Cafe.
I quite like the sound of that...

IndigoErth
08-22-2014, 12:56 PM
For a legit title, that's a tough one. With being placed in the summer blockbuster category and having sorts like Bay involved, I imagine someone is likely to try to come up with something that sounds like the typical epic summer blockbuster. At the same time though, this is the Turtles... how does one do that while simultaneously making it a title that suggests it doesn't take itself too seriously. Not sure if those concepts can exist in the same space. lol

Although "Shades of Green" just popped into my head for some reason and laughed harder than I should have...

snake
08-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Turtles or City At War could work.

The Vernon
08-22-2014, 01:14 PM
'Adult Mutant Ninja Turtles'

It's the only logical title. Teenagers aren't serious and adults are, right? I know I'm right. I'm an adult and I set examples for underaged children ages 0-12 everyday...

Mzx10484
08-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Turtles Squad Ninja Fighters

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Which is stupid because they're neither heroes nor have half shells. That whole saying needs to stay dead.

"The Fearsome Foursome" is the closest thing I can imagine that would work, but it, #1: Sounds laughable, #2: Sounds like some kind of group of sexual predators. Maybe a play on it? "The Fearsome Four" or "Fearsome Four"? Worked for the Magnificent Seven (and soon Tarantino's "Hateful Eight").

Maybe a play on Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai," ala, "The Four Ninja"? And have it be a balls-to-the-walls all out ninja action movie.

Stupid? They are heroes, if you were paying attention to the damn movie you would know. All four of them came to the rescue of people during the first act of the movie.

Shark_Blade
08-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Heroes in a half shell, turtle powah!

Galactus
08-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Stupid? They are heroes, if you were paying attention to the damn movie you would know. All four of them came to the rescue of people during the first act of the movie.

In the movie yes but they are not supposed to be heroes at least not in the sense that they patrol and want to stamp out crime.

Even the Fred Wolf show which 90% did have them as super heroes would sometimes have the turtles not want to get involved as they're not vigilantes usually to set up them finding a motivation later (usually sensing Shredder's involvement).

They are heroes in the sense that they are the protagonists but Leibesman suggesting he got the vigilante aspect from the comics shows he didn't read them.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-22-2014, 09:10 PM
I figure that they would patrol the streets if they lived above the sewer. A lot of heroes are guilty of not always patrolling the streets, the turtles like them want to have some time to them selves, a life beyond that. One can deny that they don't regularly patrol the streets but they cannot deny the fact that the turtles are heroes at the end of the day. There was a point in the ot that the turtles didn't want to deal with human conflicts, but that didn't last long, they spent a good chunk of their time defending the citizens and trying to. Anytime there was trouble, they dealt with it, wether the police and military showed up to save the day or not.

zodiac brave
08-23-2014, 12:41 AM
"turtle boys: don't cut em no slack"

8)

Leolead
08-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Heroes in a Half Shell!

mb1025
08-23-2014, 12:50 AM
I bet they go with TMNT: Rise of the Shredder or something like that. I have a feeling these next 2 movies will kind of tie into each other so this is when Shredder will go over and lead to the 3rd movie.

Leo656
08-23-2014, 12:55 AM
They wouldn't/shouldn't want to be "heroes", their main goal outside of avenging Splinter has always simply been to exist peacefully and live as close to a "normal" life as possible. The super-hero trappings simply come from the fact that almost every 80s cartoon absolutely HAD to be in the super-hero vein because it was easier to sell toys that way. And even then, in a lot of episodes the Turtles don't always jump to get involved in situations that don't affect them personally. They're not like Batman, going out every night to protect the innocent and all that jazz. More like trouble just sort of finds them and then they have to deal with it. Their motives are usually more in the vein of self-preservation.

Basically, they're "heroic" characters, but not exactly heroes, because most of the time saving or protecting people isn't what drives them, it's more of a side effect of their adventuring than a goal.

And yeah, f*** "Heroes in a Half-Shell", that sh*t's fruity. Even when I was 7 I cringed whenever I heard or read that one. Just so face-palmingly corny.

Candy Kappa
08-23-2014, 01:42 AM
Well, Half-Shell heroes would fit the new movie style, as they ****ed up the biology of the turtles and split the shell in two separate pieces.

Hannurdock
08-23-2014, 01:47 AM
TMNT 2 : Mysterious Origins.

Where they finally explain that Splinter is either;
a. reincarnated Hamato Yoshi, like IDW
b. suffering amensia and post traumatic stress from losing Hamato Yoshi

Lou 500
08-23-2014, 03:00 AM
Out of The Shadows

tmntpower2k14
08-23-2014, 03:03 AM
This series still should've been called Ninja Turtles to make it more distinct from the '90s live action series. Too much fanboy pandering actually made this one an unnecessary change IMO. But hey at least we got Japanese ninja bad ass Shredder. Instead of Krang Shredder, or White Boy Weebo Shredder.

Warhorse
08-23-2014, 03:36 AM
Creatures of the Night! Heck, might as well throw in some mind fudges by having an instrumental version of Self Control.

IlvjkS1s2g0

Andrew NDB
08-23-2014, 04:15 AM

I've not seen the movie and have no plans to. But the TMNT, while they may exhibit heroic traits, are not heroes. That's not their thing. Never has been, never should.

IndigoErth
08-23-2014, 01:46 PM
I bet they go with TMNT: Rise of the Shredder or something like that.
Nice one, one of the few that actually sounds Hollywood-esk. They really shoulda saved his "next level" armor for the sequel.

tommyborregas
08-23-2014, 06:35 PM
"The Toxic Avengers" should have been the title of this movie. I don't recall seeing any anything ninja related. Hey Toxie, grab your mop and fight shredder.