PDA

View Full Version : am I the only 1...?

Gokhan
08-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Who was disappointed by the lack of fighting in this.? I mean the foot did no ninja fighting. Just guns. An the last fight was great but there could've been so much more done I enjoyed the movie still but the sequel should focus on the ninja part more

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-22-2014, 01:49 PM
For a movie that was short, I do think that it had enough action.

Shark_Blade
08-22-2014, 02:14 PM
I kinda wish to see Mikey's nunchucks fights more...

Donnie has a fair share fight with his bo.. Leo got it too, both had it during the snow scene at Sacks lair. Raph of course had it more.

But Mikey...he just jumped on to the truck and that's it. ._. At least he's got to do awesome things during the snow chase scene.

beeshaw
08-22-2014, 02:28 PM
I kinda wish to see Mikey's nunchucks fights more...

Donnie has a fair share fight with his bo.. Leo got it too, both had it during the snow scene at Sacks lair. Raph of course had it more.

But Mikey...he just jumped on to the truck and that's it. ._. At least he's got to do awesome things during the snow chase scene.

Mikey just held his 'chucks while fighting. He never did get his 'moment' with them (and I don't count using them to hold onto the truck).

Which is a shame since Noel is pretty good with them. (not to mention all the stunt/fight guys they had access too)

(can't embed the vids)

http://instagram.com/p/rsBq7pqPf8/

http://instagram.com/p/rdTVYLqPZV/

Matt2310
08-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Mikey just held his 'chucks while fighting. He never did get his 'moment' with them (and I don't count using them to hold onto the truck).

Which is a shame since Noel is pretty good with them. (not to mention all the stunt/fight guys they had access too)

(can't embed the vids)

dude is a BEAST on the chucks

IndigoErth
08-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Well, maybe we can hope that between now and shooting for the sequel Noel and the other actors will continue to practice their weapons skills, get even better with it and hopefully the film makers will put their advancing skills to good use. :)

samxsteal
08-22-2014, 03:14 PM

(can't embed the vids)

Really thought he uses them alot in the lair, and while fighting Shredder He didn't really use them in the snow chase but that not a scene that would work with Nunchaku

beeshaw
08-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Really thought he uses them alot in the lair, and while fighting Shredder He didn't really use them in the snow chase but that not a scene that would work with Nunchaku

I've only watched it once and admittedly most of what sticks out are the scenes I watched over and over from the trailers. So the Snapping Turtle kick where he flourishes them once he gets up is pretty vivid. He uses them at the end as he runs toward Shredder for his 'one on one' moment, but not ON him (I more remember him throwing punches). During the Buck Buck part he's holding them as he does the jump kick. I think the most he used them is when they're defecting Shredders boomerang blades and when he deflects the blade Shredder throws at the end back at him.

I'm due for a second viewing though. Just been too busy on the weekends since I watched it opening weekend

samxsteal
08-22-2014, 06:00 PM
I've only watched it once and admittedly most of what sticks out are the scenes I watched over and over from the trailers. So the Snapping Turtle kick where he flourishes them once he gets up is pretty vivid. He uses them at the end as he runs toward Shredder for his 'one on one' moment, but not ON him (I more remember him throwing punches). During the Buck Buck part he's holding them as he does the jump kick. I think the most he used them is when they're defecting Shredders boomerang blades and when he deflects the blade Shredder throws at the end back at him.

I'm due for a second viewing though. Just been too busy on the weekends since I watched it opening weekend

He uses them all throughout the lair fight as he's deflecting all the darts. As for the shredder fight he also uses them quite a bit spinning and sticking frquently . I love love they use a similar sound effect for them as nick toons turtkes .

beeshaw
08-26-2014, 10:28 AM
He uses them all throughout the lair fight as he's deflecting all the darts. As for the shredder fight he also uses them quite a bit spinning and sticking frquently . I love love they use a similar sound effect for them as nick toons turtkes .

Went to see it again over the weekend (actually enjoyed it a little more the second time!) and you're right, he does deflect the darts in the lair. Didn't catch that the first viewing!

Wish he took some Foot out with his 'chucks at least once though. He was still missing his 'moment' with them.

SwiftNinjaFox
08-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Nah, you're not the only one. I felt it was pretty weak on the martial arts side for the fight sequences. Not entirely surprising when it's 4 vs a squad carrying machine guns that you won't get much martial arts. You can have the turtles do a bit, but I was wanting to see martial arts vs martial arts.

I'm still waiting for the bad ass mass choreographed fight of turtles vs a horde of foot ninja to be on screen.

Even Shredder vs Turtles didn't feel like it had that much impressive martial arts to me. A lot of turtles leaping through the air rather than real martial arts.

I liked the first part of Splinter vs Shredder, though. That scene with the one handed parries where Splinter wasn't even looking directly at Shredder was sweet.

Someone had linked that video of the four guys doing a martial arts sequence before the film came out. They visually gave the impression of which turtle they were (plus weapons, of course). I'd like to see training sequences more like that among the turtles if not a battle against Foot ninja.

I'm not going to expect the sequel to be better. The Foot won't suddenly be ninja, I don't think, and we're going to get more brute force if they use Bebop and Rocksteady (which is fine for them because....it's Bebop and Rocksteady).

Warhorse
08-26-2014, 04:19 PM
^It's possible they did have tons of Ninjitsu fighting caught on film, and in the movie, but maybe the MPAA was having a stick up their butts about it, still thinking the TMNT is meant for the little kiddies, so were threatening to slap the thing with an R-Rating if they didn't cut out the ninja stuff. It might be another reason why so much of the Raphael and April scenes were cut, maybe there was lots of innuendos going on, and the MPAA wasn't happy about it. MPAA can be cruel bastards, when it comes to movies. I was just thinking about this, because it was taking so long to get a rating for this movie, and maybe getting it away from an R was the reason it was cut down to 100 minutes. Anyways, I am hoping to see an un-edited version when it comes on DVD.