PDA

View Full Version : "Best" TMNT game for Xbox 360 that is still available?

jignat
08-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Hi, Lapsed TMNT fan here

The last game I played was Tournament Fighter for SNES.

I know there have been some games on both Live Arcade and traditional disc games, but I would like some input as to which game is worth getting.

I know Turtles in time reshelled and the original arcade release have been taken down, so those are out.

Thanks for your help.

raph27
08-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Well, the only ones out now are OOTS and the cartoon game. I'd go with OOTS.

Ryanator008
08-24-2014, 09:03 PM
The only one I've played is the cartoon game (on the 3DS, but it's the same thing). It was okay for a cheap handheld game, but that's really the bast I can say about it. It's the kind of game that I would play when I'm away from home and don't have anything interesting to do. It's just too basic for a home console game, so I can't even recommend it for the $10 price on Amazon.

Well, the only ones out now are OOTS and the cartoon game. I'd go with OOTS.

Don't forget about the 2007 movie game.

Testudo
08-29-2014, 02:52 AM
Yeah, the 2007 movie game is probably the best you'll get.

Apteis
08-29-2014, 04:18 AM
The 2007 movie game is very repetitive, and without any challenge. OotS propose a good fighting system that is very interesting if you dig a little.

jignat
08-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I got the oots game.

While the camera is annoying and it feels a bit slow at times, I really like the combat and music/banter between the turtles.

Im stuck at a part in the 2nd chapter where there are like 10 "mansers".
(near a dock/warehouse area right after Baxter pushes a switch )
Any tips?

Also, which upgrades should be done first? Im using don primarily.

snake
08-29-2014, 09:19 PM
The only one I've played is the cartoon game (on the 3DS, but it's the same thing). It was okay for a cheap handheld game, but that's really the bast I can say about it. It's the kind of game that I would play when I'm away from home and don't have anything interesting to do. It's just too basic for a home console game, so I can't even recommend it for the $10 price on Amazon.

Don't forget about the 2007 movie game.

It's worth the $10 in my opinion. It sure wasn't a fun game though.

hitmonkey
08-30-2014, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I got the oots game.

While the camera is annoying and it feels a bit slow at times, I really like the combat and music/banter between the turtles.

Im stuck at a part in the 2nd chapter where there are like 10 "mansers".
(near a dock/warehouse area right after Baxter pushes a switch )
Any tips?

Also, which upgrades should be done first? Im using don primarily.
The best thing you can do is to spend the upgrades evenly. You get four points at a time, so give one to each turtle. The worst thing you can do is put most of the points into just one character, because if they get killed in a boss fight, you're stuck with three lame ducks.