PDA

View Full Version : New Partners In Kryme TMNT Song/Video

Powder
08-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Figured this fits in the movie section considering PIK's history & that the new one likely inspired this anthem. To my understanding, they tried to get it into the new flick but the folks behind it weren't interested.

It's no Turtle Power but it would have been perfect for say, the third movie, given it didn't have an original hip-hop hit like the two prior. I dig it, & will be listening many times in the future. :)

_5EACicCE-U

& while we're at it, might as well enjoy Turtle Power's video too! I imagine it's something a lot of folks here haven't seen. I didn't know it existed until a few years ago, myself. It's got exclusive footage with the Henson suits, so don't miss out!

GRtM1jsoNl8

Jester
08-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Fun, but like you said, no T-U-R-T-L-E Power. Do dig the sample though. ;)

IndigoErth
08-22-2014, 11:28 PM
:D Too bad the film makers weren't interested. I love that some of those involved in the original movies are still that passionate about it. Different times back then for sure...

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-22-2014, 11:44 PM
The music started off ok then took a nose dive.

RaphaelinSTL
08-22-2014, 11:54 PM
As Jester said, it's fun....but no "Turtle Power."

This is a million times better than "Shell Shocked" though....

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
08-23-2014, 12:10 AM
I hate to say it...but I think that other song, Shell Shocked, was a lot better than this new one from Partners in Kryme. I didn't even like 'Rock the Kasbah' so definitely didn't like this one. Shell Shocked, I could handle. This one? Pretty excruciating.

Of course, none were as great as Turtle Power.

zodiac brave
08-23-2014, 12:36 AM
i love the clash, so this was a cool surprise.

really dont dig the vocoder during the hook, but whatever, this was fun.

but yeah...the first 2/3s of shellshocked > this.

tmntpower2k14
08-23-2014, 02:32 AM
Horrendous ... irrelevant late 80's / early 90's c-rate hip hop artist.

Juicy J, Wiz Shell Shocked > BY COUNTRY MILES

Anyone suggesting otherwise is out of their damn minds.

Powder
08-23-2014, 02:46 AM
There is no need to turn this into another thinly veiled argument over which film (& it's subsequent media) is better.

tmntpower2k14
08-23-2014, 02:51 AM
There is no need to turn this into another thinly veiled argument over which film (& it's subsequent media) is better.
RaphaelineSTL, RamboRaph4life made the inital comparisons. I'm just following up my own thoughts?

Powder
08-23-2014, 03:18 AM
Notice I didn't quote or call anyone out? Just a general statement.

tmntpower2k14
08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Notice I didn't quote or call anyone out? Just a general statement.
Gotcha, bud. Just clarifying.

8)

RaphaelinSTL
08-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks for calling me out! -___-

In my opinion, Shell Shocked is an obvious phoned in attempt to have mainstream rappers do a song for the Ninja Turtles soundtrack, but instead of doing anything creative lyrically (like an MF Doom would do) they basically write a song as they normally would but switch things to names in reference the Turtles names or their shells. Shell Shocked is just a stupid song that was clearly only a paycheck for Wiz and his team.

This new Partners in Kryme song is so ridiculous and silly and border line amateur....but you know what the difference is? This song actually has heart and it's coming from a genuine place. Turtle Power, although losing a point for calling Raphael the leader, is a song that has stood the test of time with Turtle fans ala Ninja Rap.

Plus how cute are those costumes and that Casey Jones cosplay?

Shark_Blade
08-23-2014, 09:06 AM
None of the songs has a beat as epic as Shell Shocked, I feel.

Megatron
08-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Straight Garbage..

IndigoErth
08-23-2014, 01:34 PM
In my opinion, Shell Shocked is an obvious phoned in attempt to have mainstream rappers do a song for the Ninja Turtles soundtrack...
Mhmm... And an interview from yesterday sounds like pretty good support of just that...
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/arts/music/wiz-khalifa-talks-of-blacc-hollywood-and-other-projects.html?_r=0
How did your song for “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” come about?

They called earlier in the year. I wrote my verse while I was in London. They let me see the movie before I left. They gave me a list of key points to hit, a list of words, and I just hit ’em when I wrote my verse. It worked for me, because I was able to deliver exactly what they wanted.

Like this Partners In Kryme bit or think it's a train wreck, at the very least...at least they did it, on their own, because they wanted to and feel enough for TMNT that they came up with it no matter if it got anywhere or not.

Anton Chigurh
08-23-2014, 02:20 PM
haha black nerd lol

also that song is very very very bad!! that sucked liked the suits though.

Jester
08-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Nothing beats this:
b6zJxBlJXRo
[/sarcasm]

chrisdude
08-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Wiz didn't compose Shell Shocked. Brian Tyler did. He made a hip-hop beat out of his own orchestrated score. Because he's just that good. Wiz and Co may have phoned in their verses, but Tyler is basically a genius.

Powder
08-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Wiz didn't compose Shell Shocked. Brian Tyler did. He made a hip-hop beat out of his own orchestrated score. Because he's just that good. Wiz and Co may have phoned in their verses, but Tyler is basically a genius.

I am fairly certain you are a well disguised troll at this point.

Btown
08-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I personally like it. No its not TURTLE Power, but its still a nice track. Can never go wrong with some Partners in Kryme

newhire13
08-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Wiz's verse is actually pretty heavy with TMNT references. Wiz also apparently has a Donatello tattoo. Say what you will about the others but he didn't really seem like he phoned it in to me. He has a certain style but his verse, if you listen , is strictly about TMNT.

thebrownranger
08-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Definitely nowhere near TURTLE Power, but I can still listen to it considering it's Partners In Kryme.

turtlefanforever
08-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Wonder how much he had to pay The Clash to make that chorus

RaphaelinSTL
08-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Nothing beats this:
b6zJxBlJXRo
[/sarcasm]

OMG.

This is beautiful.

newhire13
08-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Nothing beats this:
b6zJxBlJXRo
[/sarcasm]
I remember being in elementary school and performing this song for my class haha. "When the turtles are rockin' they're a sight to behold, totally awesome, pure ninja gold..." Lmao, god I love that line.

Sighphi
08-24-2014, 04:16 AM
Should've stayed away from sampling but i like it.
They should have used it.

Better than Lamborghini nunchuck doors....