PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: what would you do for TMNT 2?

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Okay, since there is so much mixed opinion on the recent TMNT movie, let me ask you all a question; what would you make the plot of the next TMNT sequel? what story would you tell? It could be any story or characters you want, just two stipulations;

1.) No reboot or restart in any form

3.)No cramming 1500 characters or plot points into one movie, just because you want to see them.

Okay everyone, fire away!

RAPHAEL#1fan
08-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Couple things nothing big, I would want to see a scene with the brothers going head to head Leo vs Raph, Donnie vs Mikey like in the nick toon also more fight scenes with enemies.

miru
08-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Shredder ends up demutatting the turtles, who are later re mutated by April into new forms (same face, new body). Vernon is killed by the Foot.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Shredder escapes from prison or wherever, and manages to grab what remains of the serum. However, he is no scientist, and needs Sack's help to use it.

He breaks Sacks out of prison. Sacks sees the Shredder as weak after failing to kill the turtles on the rooftop, so he blows Saki's head off and declares himself the head of the Foot, with Karai as his second-in-command and close associate (i.e. she does all the work while Sacks oversees everything). The Foot tries to gain a foothold in the controlling the city's organized crime as a means of getting "stupid rich" after the plot of the last movie failed.

The TMNT try to stop the violence, and Vernon and April are too eager to help. April is kidnapped, and the turtles learn where she is being held. They tell Vernon, who goes off on his own. He gets to her location and there's a timed bomb there, and she's tied up. With only seconds to spare, the pair run out of the building when the bomb goes off. April lives, albeit with lots of burns and wounds, but Vernon dies. Then some other stuff happens and the movie ends.

Candy Kappa
08-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Shredder wants the healing compound from the Mutagen to cure his scars, kidnapping Splinter. While the Turtles fight their way to rescue the old rat, Splinter and Shredder have a battle of wits in the Foot headquarters.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-23-2014, 06:27 PM
I would want the story to be that both splinter and shredder were in the foot clan a long time ago, until splinter had shredder kicked out. Shredder afterwards tries to get back at splinter by killing him but fails, gets his face severely injured cause of him, and is left for dead. Splinter turns out to be hamato yoshi, it is revealed that shredder got kicked out because he killed members, he was jealous of them (because of how good they are) and hated them for it. Shredder was obsessed with being the best. This version of him was taught that being the best was extremely important growing up.

PizzaPower1985
08-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Shredder escapes from prison or wherever, and manages to grab what remains of the serum. However, he is no scientist, and needs Sack's help to use it.

He breaks Sacks out of prison. Sacks sees the Shredder as weak after failing to kill the turtles on the rooftop, so he blows Saki's head off and declares himself the head of the Foot, with Karai as his second-in-command and close associate (i.e. she does all the work while Sacks oversees everything). The Foot tries to gain a foothold in the controlling the city's organized crime as a means of getting "stupid rich" after the plot of the last movie failed.

The TMNT try to stop the violence, and Vernon and April are too eager to help. April is kidnapped, and the turtles learn where she is being held. They tell Vernon, who goes off on his own. He gets to her location and there's a timed bomb there, and she's tied up. With only seconds to spare, the pair run out of the building when the bomb goes off. April lives, albeit with lots of burns and wounds, but Vernon dies. Then some other stuff happens and the movie ends.

THIS!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

chrisdude
08-23-2014, 07:02 PM
It is revealed that original ooze O'Neil and Sacks were working with to create an antidote was from the Utroms/the Kraang. And the same ooze was given to the alchemist who stopped the plague back in Japan. Both times, through an ongoing relationship between the The Foot and Krang (Prime), a la IDW. The Foot used it to save people, back when they were noble, and their intentions changed with Saki in control.

Now that the Utroms see that the experiments have born fruit, in the form of mutants, they take back control of Sacks Industries, and begin experimenting with the mutagen, preparing for invasion - like on Nick.

Climax is full blown invasion, Technodrome in Times Square. Traag and his soldiers. The turtles will have to invert the portal like in OT, and suck the Technodrome in on itself. :lol:

PizzaPower1985
08-23-2014, 08:24 PM
It is revealed that original ooze O'Neil and Sacks were working with to create an antidote was from the Utroms/the Kraang. And the same ooze was given to the alchemist who stopped the plague back in Japan. Both times, through an ongoing relationship between the The Foot and Krang (Prime), a la IDW. The Foot used it to save people, back when they were noble, and their intentions changed with Saki in control.

Now that the Utroms see that the experiments have born fruit, in the form of mutants, they take back control of Sacks Industries, and begin experimenting with the mutagen, preparing for invasion - like on Nick.

Climax is full blown invasion, Technodrome in Times Square. Traag and his soldiers. The turtles will have to invert the portal like in OT, and suck the Technodrome in on itself. :lol:

Awesome! Love the Technodrome idea!

Galactus
08-23-2014, 08:35 PM
I felt the introduction with comic styled art fell flat and a poor way to show turtles without actually showing the turtles for 20 plus minutes.

I'd begin the movie with something like the scene from first issue of the Mirage comic with obscured as they are cornered by street gang before the big leap and battle.

(That way you get a bit of suspense but deliver the goods in a timely manner. Film making 101 people.)

If they are dead set for Bebop and Rocksteady then their human counterparts should be part of that gang. We soon establish that the gang has connections to the Foot and that to get even on the turtle creatures that beat them some volunteer to undergo a procedure that will enable them to do that.

If we're going to have Casey in this I'd incorporate his back story from the Tales of the TMNT comic and the 2003 animated series with his family business being torched by the same street gang and the hint that his father was killed in the fire. Gives him a motivation to be a vigilante.

Like many others I'd establish that the first movie didn't give us the whole score with Splinter and give a back story of him being owned by Yoshi and witnessing his murder at saki's hands and that's the reason why he wanted to turtles to go after the Foot.

See a theme here? Every one seems to want revenge on the other. While I'd want Bebop and Rocksteady to be menacing and vicious I wouldn't mind if at the end they decide constant fighting is too much trouble and leave that life behind like they did in TMNT Adventures. While obviously going to an Eden world is out of the question a good post credit scene would be the two of them ending up in Africa in the jungle.

Purse Grabbin Puke
08-23-2014, 09:49 PM
I'd have Splinter having flashbacks to before he was in the lab and he realizes he was Hamato Yoshi, and Oroku Saki actually used the alien mutagen on him which changed him into a rat.

Show Shredder heal from his fall while the police are trying to remove his armor and he escapes. Sacks also has escaped and has gone to his secret lab where Baxter Stockman has been trying to recreate the mutagen. There, we see Stockman has been creating the Mousers. Shredder shows up and they extract a small amount of mutagen from his blood and create their own mutagen which later creates Bebop and Rocksteady.

The Shredder's defeat and Sacks' fall from grace has left the police under staffed and not only are the foot still active in NYC but other gangs have sprung up. This is where Casey Jones is introduced as a vigilante who is sick of the crime.

April got her job back at Channel 6, and is the lead on the Sacks/Shredder story, and is saved by Casey Jones while she's investigating a lead.

Stockman releases the mousers into the city, along with Bebop and Rocksteady to raise hell. The turtles with splinter go out to stop them. *borrowing an idea from TMNT II, Bebop and Rocksteady actually do go into Central Park to cause havoc.) This is where Shredder returns to fight Splinter and the Turtles and where Splinter drops a bomb on Shredder that he knows he was Hamato Yoshi and Shredder will pay for what he's done.

Shredder in less armor than the first movie is defeated by the Turtles and Splinter, and arrested. Sacks and Stockman are now the ones leading the foot.

Sacks has April kidnapped, and sends a message to the turtles to come and get her or she will die. This is where Stockman sends his giant mousers to fight the turtles. Casey finds April in the meantime and takes out Stockman by throwing him into the new mutagen, a fly lands on him, and we see shadows of a transformation, and screaming, setting up the 3rd movie.

The Turtles defeat the mousers and just then, Sacks appears in an even more powerful version of the first movies Shredder armor. He fights the Turtles and they defeat him.

Show a classic turtles celebration, and then have a credits stinger of Bebop and Rocksteady finding Baxter who is now mutated where he tells them to bring whatever remaining foot members are out there to him.

I'm not even re-reading what I just wrote, I just let it all flow out of my head, so I don't even know if that is good.

arkangel
08-23-2014, 10:00 PM
TMNT : City at War
A sequel with Baxter Stockman and his army of mousers as the main baddies. Since April is fired from her Channel 6 reporter job, she picks up a job working for Stocktronics and is quite taken by the charismatic robotics engineer, not knowing that his inventions will be later used for crime. Just like Spiderman 2 received the best reviews for a more focused story with Doc Ock, this could follow a similar formula where there isn't a ton of villains crammed into a less than 2hr movie. Casey Jones could be a new love interest for April who finds out about evil Bax during his rooftop vigilante excursions. This is total wish fulfillment on my part of course.

syk_skillz
08-23-2014, 10:26 PM
* Somehow include Hamato Yoshi & Oroko Saki as part of or in to create a real rivalry with Slinger and Shredder.
* Purple Dragons
* Rocksteady & Bebop or Slash
* Turtles demutated and remutated but shorter in the 5ft range and leaner
* Casey Jones
* Ninja Foot Soldiers

slyme843
08-24-2014, 12:25 AM
needs to start with an army of foot breaking shredder out of prison...then when he gets back to his hideout krang is already there and transports him to the technodrome and in the process have the foot capture 2 local criminals they find on the scene (bebop and rocksteady)..then we get to see the techodrome and krang shows shredder his high tech **** by transforming the captured guys...of course krang could say how he saw everything from space what went on with the turtles and he wants to take over the world while shredder just wants his revenge on the turtles.....i could go on and on but yeah lol. throw casey in there somehow..
do the ending like that 1 episode where they make the android body really huge and mess the city up. if they did the detail right it would look really crazy in 3D...then do a good throwback to the 2nd movie and get that SUPER SHREDDER ON THE SCENE!!!!

PizzaPower1985
09-03-2014, 10:25 AM
A lot of you guys have logistical and coherent thinking when it comes to sequel ideas. My fellow fans are being smart by trying to incorporate their ideas into what the first film did.

WHY OH WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS WRITE THE TMNT MOVIES?

massakre
09-03-2014, 03:09 PM
after all the last minute fanboy influence on the first film, i wouldnt be surprised if paramount execs aren't combing these forums with a fine tooth comb. there are some really solid ideas mentioned.. others are not that great. regardless, you can tell this forum has a lot of true, dedicated fans that know the tmnt lore.

hats off to you all!

Heres a few things personally Id like/not like to see:
A) Id keep the focus on the Turtle's growth and how they deal with adversity.
B) You have to touch on the ooze or at least hint at its effects and it coming into contact with Shredder at the end of the newest film, even if he isnt the focus of the 2nd film.
C) Id at least introduce Casey Jones for sure in this one. Dont know what to do with Vernon honestly. Him and Casey both would be a bit much imo.
D) Karai isn't really needed.. neither is Sacks necessarily.. depending on what plot is established. Using Baxter in a bigger role would be great since he does technically exist in this universe. Having April score a job working under Baxter like someone mentioned above would be genius.
E) Hinting at the existence of other villains/heroes in the TMNT universe or things to come in the future would be awesome. I know that follows what other Comic Book movies are doing but TMNT has such an awesome universe that I don't mind it. We could use an After Credits scene (hopefully this will do good enough to warrant a 3rd movie) to build excitement for sure.
F) A decent soundtrack/score. This first movie was soso.. I think we can improve there as well.
G) Improve the marketing!!! When you market, how you market and whom you market to. Don't act like this is a movie you're embarassed to release Paramount by barely speaking on it or "leaking" pictures and set vids.
H) I don't mind the Turtles size, as it did take some getting used to.. but having the Turtles bulletproof is a bit much.. perhaps explain that the adrenaline injection made them TEMPORARILY bulletproof as a "reaction" or something of that nature, I dunno lol

Donaterro
09-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Completely scrap it and re-boot with Nolan (or any other competent director, really) in 5 years.

Autbot_Benz
09-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Completely scrap it and re-boot with Nolan (or any other competent director, really) in 5 years.

No Nolan he does horrible action scenes and way to much Exposition in his movies. that is why his batman movies are kinda boring.

Donaterro
09-03-2014, 05:42 PM
No Nolan he does horrible action scenes and way to much Exposition in his movies. that is why his batman movies are kinda boring.

lol. or amazing. you know, whichever side of reality you reside on.

Autbot_Benz
09-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Guellmo Del Toro should direct turtles

MikeandRaph87
09-03-2014, 06:01 PM
-Look into options in replacing Megan Fox as April.

-Give enhanced roles to both Karai and Taylor.

-Have Shredder in background until leading charge in final battle allwoing Karai and evil mutants Bebop and Rocksteady to get face time.

-Explore human relationships with turtles not just with April but Taylor and Casey Jones as well.

-My basis would be characterization and relationships with wider focus on non-turtle characters.

-Keep equal role size for all four turtles. If it has to sway more towards a turtle it would be Mike and/or Don. Mike since he gets along with the humans the best and Don is the most distant.

Glados
09-03-2014, 07:11 PM
lol. or amazing. you know, whichever side of reality you reside on.

Mmmh... there is actually quite a few people in existence that doesn't love Nolan's Batman films. (I'm one. Don't hate them, but not a huge fan either. They're just "okay" for a multitude of reasons. I greatly prefer Burton's). Let's not make ridicule others for not liking exactly the same things, it's what makes this place so hard to hang around in often.

This thread in it self on the other hand is what makes the forum entertaining to visit once in a while! Fun reading others ideas.

The Vernon
09-04-2014, 11:47 PM
In TMNT 2 I want to see the Turtles VS Shredder with Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, and Optimus Prime. Yeah, Shredder would mostly likely die in that battle, but then you gotta think... what if Shredder was in his utrom form? But not just any utrom, but an utrom with black ninja clothing. I'm pretty sure that utrom ninja would take them all out, except for the Hulk. With Hulk, he'd have to jump on his face like one of those facehuggers from the movie Aliens and stay on there for forever.