PDA

View Full Version : should they replace megan fox for the sequel?

MikLeo
08-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Most people I talk too believe they replace her with another actress for April. Most could agree that they didn't cast Megan Fox for April for her acting skill but for how she look. I saw the movie and while she wasn't that good but neither really bad.

turtlefanforever
08-24-2014, 12:40 PM
it'll still be crap, but it can be crap with a competent actor, that'd make it a little bit better.

Xiewin
08-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Most people I talk too believe they replace her with another actress for April. Most could agree that they didn't cast Megan Fox for April for her acting skill but for how she look. I saw the movie and while she wasn't that good but neither really bad.

Well now that I think of it idk. But I doubt they would do something like that. They have already stated that they see her as "family", and it was important for her to get the role since she was a huge fan of TMNT.
I lost so much respect for the girl after she told the "haters" to f*ck off.

MikeandRaph87
08-24-2014, 12:43 PM
I said for over a year that Megan should have been Irma/Taylor because it would fit her better and Abby play April. Atleast in my opinion, maybe shared by others to work well.

I thought early on that since Hoag was only in the first of the three films for whatever reason and the fact Turco was a better April that it was possible. For some reason Bay and Fox patched up and it would be likely he would stick up for her. Only if Megan for some reason decided she did not want to. I would like the recast but won't get it. I got my wish with Biggs but no way will I get both recast.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-24-2014, 01:27 PM
It's always sort of bugged me when franchises change actors like that. I can understand why these things happen, but it just bugs me.

That said - Fox didn't blow me away as April, but she was at least believable.

Commenter 42
08-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Keep Megan. She needs the work, and loves this version. Honestly, unless it's a complete reboot, there's no point in swapping actresses. Doing so would be like using a bandaid to treat cardiac arrest.

shuriken
08-24-2014, 02:05 PM
No. Screw Vernon and bring in Casey, but April was fine.

IndigoErth
08-24-2014, 02:37 PM
I'll be nice and say...nah. If they can keep the movie in the Turtles perspective, not hers, I can tolerate her. Although if they did get someone else it wouldn't bother me much either. (Unless it was someone less suitable... they've done that already once though, wouldn't put it past them... *looks at Knoxville*).

NinjaPug
08-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Ha. Like Megan is the problem with the movie.

No, they should replace the producers, writers and director.

Warhorse
08-24-2014, 03:38 PM
No. Screw Vernon and bring in Casey, but April was fine.

This. Totally agree with this. No one in their right mind would choose Vern over Casey. Who's idea was that to include Vern over Casey? That was the OT biggest mistake, too much Vern and not enough Casey. I hope this new series doesn't try to make something hip when it simply is not.

Navin Johnson
08-24-2014, 03:41 PM
I personally think Megan is to old to play April, that being said I would not want to replace her now. I'm betting Vernon becomes Casey to impress April.

IndigoErth
08-24-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm betting Vernon becomes Casey to impress April.
April walks into the hospital room. "Vern, you idiot! Or is it Casey now? By the way, the Turtles send their regards and get well wishes."

:lol:

chrisdude
08-24-2014, 03:54 PM
No. She's not perfect, but replacing actors is always awkward, and usually bad.

Leolead
08-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Yes, and this needs a poll!

Powder
08-24-2014, 05:47 PM
While her involvement was on my most-hated list regarding this film, I find replacements to be disruptive, & it messes with my ability to immerse myself (har har). Much to my surprise, she was hardly the worst thing about the film, so I don't mind her returning.

BabyTurtles
08-24-2014, 05:51 PM
no, I think April was fine~ just less of her in the sequel would be nice.

Slade
08-24-2014, 06:10 PM
To me, this is the best work she's done acting wise. Keep her.

MajorViolence
08-24-2014, 07:29 PM
I'd rather see someone else, but I have no doubt we'll be getting Fox again in the sequel.

RAPHAEL#1fan
08-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Nope keep her, IMO she did a good job.

Darth Knuckles
08-25-2014, 08:20 AM
I liked Megan Fox as April O'Neil in this movie. I like that she's a fan of the TMNT franchise too. I see no real world reason to replace her so they should keep her as April O'Neil in this franchise.

TerranigmaFreak
08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Megan Fox is the LEAST of this movie's problems. I really don't get people's beef with her. She's the only one that tried to give a performance in Transformers. Same with TMNT. She's not great or anything, but she's inoffensive. Never got the hate for her.

Xiewin
08-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Megan Fox is the LEAST of this movie's problems. I really don't get people's beef with her. She's the only one that tried to give a performance in Transformers. Same with TMNT. She's not great or anything, but she's inoffensive. Never got the hate for her.

I never understood the hate for her either. I was actually one of the few people who loved her in transformers. But now? ehhh I'm not as fond of her as I used to be. Her acting isn't the best, but atleast you can that she's trying now.

ScrewtheMirageTMNT
08-26-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't get why she is hated either. She's done nothing wrong to get it, it's like people think she's a really terrible person. She isn't.

neatoman
08-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Yeah put the recasting of Foxx right after toning down the comedy and making the turtles look less creepy.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Yeah put the recasting of Foxx right after toning down the comedy and making the turtles look less creepy.

Well you're asking for them to make a good movie then.

I don't think Fox is a bad actor - I honestly don't. The only way for her to get better at acting is if she does it more.

Candy Kappa
08-26-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't have any high praise for Fox in what I've seen her in, she was decent in Jennifer's though. If she got the same energy in TMNT, maybe she is an okay April. But, not a fan off what I've seen in TF 1 & 2 and Jonah Hex.

Warhorse
08-26-2014, 03:50 PM
^I dunno, I still think she has potential. I thought she was damn convincing as the abused girlfriend in Eminem's I Love the Way you Lie.

Shark_Blade
08-27-2014, 04:18 AM
That's crazy talk.

Why would they replace PERFECTION? ;) :tcool:

ObiWanFan4life
08-27-2014, 05:06 AM
That's crazy talk.

Why would they replace PERFECTION? ;) :tcool:

You make it sound like she's Meryl Streep or something. But in all seriousness, I doubt they'll recast April O'Neil for part 2, but if they did, I doubt the movie would be any better or worse. Just give her less screentime and the turtles more.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-27-2014, 05:26 AM
You make it sound like she's Meryl Streep or something.

Well, he is the genius who considered Fox's performance as Oscar-worthy (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48800).

ObiWanFan4life
08-27-2014, 05:29 AM
Well, he is the genius who considered Fox's performance as Oscar-worthy (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48800).

I remember. Next he'll be telling us that is the greatest actress alive.:roll:

Galactus
08-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Maybe.

I have often said that Megan Fox is one of the least objectionable things about this movie. She's obviously not a great actress but it's not like April O'Neil requires academy award level skills and certainly the best actress in the world couldn't have done much with the lackluster version in this movie.

While nowhere near as bad as how she was used in the Transformers movies her role is more to be ogled at and certainly her casting in a Bay helmed action movie based on (what is seen by many as) an 80s nostalgia property sent a pretty clear message of what kind of movie we were getting.

If say April was recast it might send the message that the movie was going to be an improvement. (While not a major selling point a lot of people were happy with the recasting of Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight.) That may seem unfair to Mrs Fox but well this movie has already treated a number of actors unfairly already, that's just the biz.

First and foremost is that if the main focus of the movies is going to remain the April O'Neil character (and I think that's very likely) then it has to be written well..then we can figure out of Megan Fox is suited to the role.

To be perfectly honest her casting confused the heck out of me. Her movies outside of Transformers seem to indicate while she's a popular pinup she's no box office draw. Some might say that the stigma around her (arguably not her fault) is to some degree a box office drag.

Warhorse
08-29-2014, 07:40 PM
I don't think replacing Megan Fox is going to make the next movie better or worse. They need to replace the writers and the people in charge of the editing. And if we get Casey Jones in the next one, expect him to be taking all of the screen time.

Luckyday
08-29-2014, 07:45 PM
In my mind, firing Megan Fox would not change anything. If anything, stop listening to Michael bay on casting decisions or fire the casting director. Problem solve.

Garfield
08-29-2014, 09:14 PM
I like Megan Fox's April. I thought her April was one of the best things about the movie. How about keep Megan Fox's April and change everything else.

Coola Yagami
08-30-2014, 08:12 AM
How bout get rid of Fitchner? He has no place in the movie... AT ALL. Megan was fine. And let's not repeat the same mistake from the first trilogy and have April suddenly replaced by someone else. It's always awkward, especially when the other characters pretend nothing's different.

DarkLightDragon
08-30-2014, 08:51 AM
As much as I don't like Fox or the decision to have her play April, it would be pretty jarring to get someone else for the sequel at this point.

Or someone who could match her level of being eye-candy.

RaphaelinSTL
08-30-2014, 09:10 AM
I think The Dark Knight showed that you can replace major characters with different actors/actresses and get a better performance.

Coola Yagami
08-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Doesn't make it any less jarring. Katie was cuter than her replacement.

thebrownranger
08-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes, replace Megan Fox.

Galactus
08-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Thing is the movie had a number of characters that are completely unnecessary like Taylor and Bernadette Thompson that I have to wonder why they got fairly big names to play them. It seems a complete waste to have them these characters present let alone wasting money on names even as glorified cameos they worked for scale.

I don't think Erik Sacks was an unnecessary character the whole movie was about April's journey and finding out the truth about her father all the way down to dealing the finishing blow to the man responsible (and yes it's clear it was meant to be Sacks as the Shredder). That being said if they are going to do a TMNT movie right and certainly a TMNT vs Shredder story right then Sacks becomes an unnecessary character and shouldn't be there.

Same with Vern Fenwick. I don't want to see him there and to be honest I don't think the performance of either of the two Williams really sold me on these characters.

To be honest this movie should feel like a jarring change. I think that's the only way to convince people that walked up the aisle disappointed to give this movie a shot.

Candy Kappa
08-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Bernadette was the best part of the movie, though.

Tazi
08-30-2014, 05:21 PM

If they plan to use her again for frequent ass-shots, they should get someone else instead who actually has an ass.

Leolead
08-31-2014, 12:43 AM
He sure is! all hail Sharkblade!! :D

LeoRaph
08-31-2014, 06:19 AM
Yes, they should and it should be:

http://asianlite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/5ccc52cabfc763ad0d12669bc46789f1.jpg

But they won't.

From what I've read so far they've made this to be HER movie so unfortunately she ain't going anywhere. If there's going to be 2 more of these like with Bayformers, you can guarantee that Fox has the 2nd one and the 3rd one in the bag......unless she bites the hand that feeds her again.....hopefully...

RaphaelinSTL
08-31-2014, 10:35 AM

I remember almost dropping my laptop laughing when I saw that thread for the first time. :tlol::tlol::tlol:

What a ridiculous thing to suggest.

PizzaFan87
08-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Megan Fox was better than I expected but she delivered a bad performance nonetheless. For the sake of continuity, I guess we have to keep her but I would prefer a better actress in the role.

pannoni1
08-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Quite honestly since Fox wasn't poor enough to distract from this film and that she could still develop more for the next installment, any replacement would be on her decision and not the studio. When I look back at the original triology Turco was somewhat of a different slant, but not enough to negatively draw down those movies, in which other problems (mostly the plot/Turtles) were the bigger problem. If anything, what I feel could improve the most is the Turtles themselves with less rigid costumes yet still with an edge.

sdp
08-31-2014, 11:26 AM
No, I want her to be in all the movies, she was a great April for this continuity. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want her in a more serious take on it but she did a good job. Heck I don't even want Whoopi Goldberg replaced unless its by her husband the real Mr. Thompson. I also want Sachs to be back so his character can be redeemed and not just a footnote in this continuity, we spent too much time on him for him to just disappear because he's not Shredder anymore.

Warhorse
08-31-2014, 11:50 AM
No, I want her to be in all the movies, she was a great April for this continuity. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want her in a more serious take on it but she did a good job. Heck I don't even want Whoopi Goldberg replaced unless its by her husband the real Mr. Thompson. I also want Sachs to be back so his character can be redeemed and not just a footnote in this continuity, we spent too much time on him for him to just disappear because he's not Shredder anymore.

I'd prefer if Whoopie Goldberg did not come back, and just drop the whole sub story of April fighting with her boss. It's just boring, no one cares about it, and it takes away precious screen time from the Turtles. Get rid of Vern too, and bring in Casey Jones.

Coola Yagami
08-31-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't think Erik Sacks was an unnecessary character the whole movie was about April's journey and finding out the truth about her father all the way down to dealing the finishing blow to the man responsible (and yes it's clear it was meant to be Sacks as the Shredder). That being said if they are going to do a TMNT movie right and certainly a TMNT vs Shredder story right then Sacks becomes an unnecessary character and shouldn't be there.

Yes he was. There is no Eric Sachs in any other form of TMNT media. We don't need some random new character to have strong ties to April's past, to be the creator of the Mutagen AND be the main villain. Sure we've had Dannys and Kenos, but they were side characters (hell Danny was a side-side-side character, at least Keno teamed up with Raph), but they weren't main characters with strong ties into everything else. This is bordering on 'making a new character the main character for the Resident Evil movies' territory.

Eric was brought in to be Shredder. Once they actually brought in Shredder, he wasn't needed. Yeah, it sucks for him to lose his paycheck... but it was kinda their fault for hiring him in the first place.

Leolead
08-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Yes, they should and it should be:

http://asianlite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/5ccc52cabfc763ad0d12669bc46789f1.jpg

But they won't.

From what I've read so far they've made this to be HER movie so unfortunately she ain't going anywhere. If there's going to be 2 more of these like with Bayformers, you can guarantee that Fox has the 2nd one and the 3rd one in the bag......unless she bites the hand that feeds her again.....hopefully...
Uh.. no, Emma Stone is overrated, Megan did an okay job as far as I'm concerned.

NinjaPug
08-31-2014, 05:48 PM
I think Megan Fox as April is the only thing I wouldn't change.

Maybe a couple of the voices for the Turtles but I wouldn't want them doing the mocap. I wish they'd hire the Imaginarium to handle that.

Coola Yagami
08-31-2014, 05:48 PM
Uh.. no, Emma Stone is overrated, Megan did an okay job as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly though, Emma does have way better acting skills than Megan. Sadly I doubt they'd use the 'April bent over shot' joke with Emma, but she would have done a better acting job.

However.... I kinda don't want Emma's name tarnished by being any part of this trainwreck. Keep her out of the Bay or Bay-related films.

Leolead
08-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah she was good in Easy A, TASM, TASM 2. but she's no April, she doesn't give me an April vibe. (Maybe be because I despise Gwen Stacey lol)

The Boston Ninja Turtle
08-31-2014, 06:56 PM
unless she leaves herself, ..or something comes up that doesnt allow her to return i say keep her...she was one of the better things of the movie

there is no need to completely replace her just because

Jester
08-31-2014, 06:58 PM
Abby Elliott should have been April. :P

Galactus
08-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Yes he was. There is no Eric Sachs in any other form of TMNT media. We don't need some random new character to have strong ties to April's past, to be the creator of the Mutagen AND be the main villain. Sure we've had Dannys and Kenos, but they were side characters (hell Danny was a side-side-side character, at least Keno teamed up with Raph), but they weren't main characters with strong ties into everything else. This is bordering on 'making a new character the main character for the Resident Evil movies' territory.

Eric was brought in to be Shredder. Once they actually brought in Shredder, he wasn't needed. Yeah, it sucks for him to lose his paycheck... but it was kinda their fault for hiring him in the first place.

Oh I definitely agree that inventing a whole new character was unnecessary but realistically once they were filming they were never going change too much including the Sacks role.

Fichtner doesn't need to lose his paycheck though. The way these picture deals work Paramount can transfer him to another one of their movies. I think it might be better all round that way.

I know this may not be a popular sentiment but this movie really needed star power. Star power in the sense that you have an actors that are either box office draws or critical favorites.

Megan Fox is a big name but it seems her movies outside of Transformers show that she isn't not a box office draw in fact there's more of a stigma with her and William Fichtner while generally liked by those who have watched things he's in isn't exactly a big name or considered that talented.

Knoxville seems pointless as a voice artist and while a big name and well respected I don't think Whoopi has been a draw for decades. I certainly don't think anyone went to see her in two scenes.

I mean imagine a TMNT movie were April was Ana Kendrick and Shredder was Ken Watanabe. I bet that would have engendered more positive talk an up and comer with no stigma or attachment to another franchise and someone very respected.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
08-31-2014, 07:01 PM
^ agreeing with this...id say even the turtles themselves couldve used a little more star power in the voice department since it was shown that they could easily over dubbed them

LeoRaph
08-31-2014, 09:04 PM
Guess we all have our favourites.

Yeah she was good in Easy A, TASM, TASM 2. but she's no April, she doesn't give me an April vibe.

In Emma's defense, she is intelligent, tough, witty, compassionate, funny, charming, sassy, classy, sexy, has range and looks the part. All the makings of a great April....maybe in the next TMNT Franchise though...

massakre
09-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Keep Megan Fox. She prob isnt the best choice out there but honestly she's already established, she's got the chemistry there now with the Turtles and she wasn't nearly as bad as what people say she was. This thread takes me back to the whole Judith Hoag being replaced by Paige Turco. Paige was cool but Judith was my kinda April :)

ranger_scout
09-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I was not bothered by her performance. She should only be replaced if she is huge problem on the set like she was during the Transformers films or has some kind of contract dispute.

BlueKatana
09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
I had some issues with the film, but Megan Fox was not among them. Keep her.

jestermon
09-06-2014, 06:42 PM

No, not just because you want them to.

IndigoErth
09-06-2014, 07:33 PM
If they do another Transformers and she ends up rejoining it, just don't go delaying TMNT because of it... She wasn't bad as April necessarily, but not so stellar that it would be a bad loss or anything imo. Or, I dunno, give most of the screen time to the Turtles, a movie from their perspective, and she can show up on the days she actually needs to shoot her scenes.

TurtleTitan97
09-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Under normal circumstances, I would say "Heck yes". But in the case for this movie, probably not.

Don't get me wrong, Megan Fox is a sucky actress whose only serves as eye candy in the films she has been in, there's no denying that fact. But considering the same writers from this film are on board for he sequel, I don't see how a new actress could help improve the overall quality, if not only by a little bit.

I remember back when it was announced Fox was announced, I was mainly mad mostly because from previous news that it was said Elizabeth Olsen, Anna Kendrick, and Jane Levy were up for the role of April, and the Fox news just came out of nowhere. Any one of them would have made a better April.

But considering how awful the film turned out to be, it's probably a good thing neither of their names were attached to the project.

Gunpowder
09-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Honestly, had she not been in Transformers, I don't think she would be getting half the hate she's getting. But that being said, I still don't like her as an actress or as a person (kind of a b**ch from what I've seen, i.e. saying "f**k anyone who dislikes the movie"). I don't see any particular reason to hate her though. She was, at the very least, passable as April. And personally, I found the shift from Hoag to Turco in the original trilogy a bit distracting (maybe that's just me). So at this point I'd just say keep her. She's the least of my worries with what's to come in the sequel.

I remember back when it was announced Fox was announced, I was mainly mad mostly because from previous news that it was said Elizabeth Olsen, Anna Kendrick, and Jane Levy were up for the role of April, and the Fox news just came out of nowhere. Any one of them would have made a better April.

Couldn't agree more.

TMNT8813
09-13-2014, 01:32 AM
No. The movies are already going to be ****. Might as well let a supposed life-long TMNT fan be April, especially since she's hot as hell.

:D:D

Candy Kappa
09-13-2014, 02:04 AM
Honestly, get her an acting coach. And keep her for the rest of the trilogy this series is going to spawn.