PDA

View Full Version : Did Baxter have a bigger role?

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Hmmm, one thing I noticed from the movie 3DS game; Baxter and the Turtles seemed to know who each other were. Do you think Baxter already knowing the turtles in the game makes me think he had a bigger role in the movie originally? In the game he mentions 'dealing with the turtles again' so is it possible he did originally did have a bigger role?

Matt2310
08-28-2014, 09:08 AM
maybe they cut him to make for a better sequel... which im ok with because i really enjoyed the layout of the first film.

massakre
08-28-2014, 09:26 AM
There are several possibilities with obvious deleted scenes, cuts, edits, etc. I think anything is possible. There's no reason to have him appear in the movie when hes off in the background as an extra basically with no lines. A character as iconic as Baxter? Unless they dont plan on using this particular actor in future roles. Even then, why even have them there in the first place? The biggest TMNT fans out there, myself included, missed him in this movie.. and thats even AFTER Megan Fox put out the news that he appeared briefly in the film.

Matt2310
08-28-2014, 09:35 AM
he was actually speculated for a while to be in the movie... and you gotta figure with all the scientists hes bound to make an appearance but still there could be more to his story in the next film... atleast now you have an idea that he is in this specific universe

The True Shredder
08-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Since that came out of a video game I'm going to safely assume that Baxter will have little to no exposure in the next film. This happens 9/10 times. Hope I'm wrong but....not likely.

Venom
08-31-2014, 04:52 PM
he was actually speculated for a while to be in the movie... and you gotta figure with all the scientists hes bound to make an appearance but still there could be more to his story in the next film... atleast now you have an idea that he is in this specific universe

Actually, Baxter was in the movie, even credited at the end. You briefly see him in the background when the Turtles are in Sack's lab.

massakre
09-02-2014, 08:01 AM
I watched the movie for a 2nd time last night and I did catch him in the flashback scene when April was a little girl. He's a young black guy with glasses standing behind Sacks and I believe he's conversing with April's father (or vice versa). I think he mumbles just enough to get a credit after the movie ends lol.. I have no clue what he said.

Leolead
09-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Actually, Baxter was in the movie, even credited at the end. You briefly see him in the background when the Turtles are in Sack's lab.
Is that agent Venom in your avy? :D

The Boston Ninja Turtle
09-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Since that came out of a video game I'm going to safely assume that Baxter will have little to no exposure in the next film. This happens 9/10 times. Hope I'm wrong but....not likely.

agreeing with this..it happens all the time...its to make the games a little longer than 5 minutes
...look at games like all 3 spiderman movie games,

Lizard was hinted in all 3 movie games and never showed up once on screen (original trilogy not AMS)

transformers 1 and 2, even power rangers back in its sega days also added more story to the movie games and im sure there are a ton of other ones

Venom
09-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Is that agent Venom in your avy? :D

Sure is! I love the direction they took with the character by making Spidey's biggest fan the new host of one of Spidey's worse foes.

Plus it's fun to see Flash struggle with his demons - internal and otherwise.

RaphaelinSTL
09-04-2014, 12:16 PM
What happened to Mos Def playing him? I feel like that story came up and then quickly disappeared, was it never really confirmed?

If you think about it...Mos Def would've been a fine choice, but in this version of TMNT his talents would've been wasted on such a poor film.

Dodged that bullet.

Venom
09-04-2014, 08:15 PM
What happened to Mos Def playing him? I feel like that story came up and then quickly disappeared, was it never really confirmed?

If you think about it...Mos Def would've been a fine choice, but in this version of TMNT his talents would've been wasted on such a poor film.

Dodged that bullet.

The site that posted the story was proven to be a satirical, fan-fic "news" site designed to wrote articles that folks wish were real. It's literally posted in their about us section!

He would have been an awesome choice, though!

Galactus
09-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm guessing he did have a bigger role when the movie's main theme was that the turtles were created as weapons and the mutagen was used to create super soldiers same with the Kevin Eastman cameo as a scientist.

(While that may not have my preferred story I think it would have been much better than what we had with it be a cure to a disease/all disease/all injuries)

K. Todd Freeman may not be a huge but like a lot of the actors in this movie it seems a waste to sideline him in such a way.

Shark_Blade
09-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Megan Fox mentioned Baxter in the movie so I guess he had a significant role.

She wouldn't have mention it if it's mere cameo...

The Vernon
09-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Ever watched The Fly movies? Think that, then think Ninja Turtles, but with a PG-13 rating. I'd like to see Baxter spew acid spit on Shredder's face. Show him who's boss.