PDA

View Full Version : [Question] OT forum?

D Piddy 1982
09-04-2014, 07:56 AM
This could be the stupidest question raised since the inception of the forum but...

TMNT movies have their own forum.
Nick TMNT has its own forum.
4kids has its own forum.
Comics has its own forum.

Sooo...I just wondered, why doesn't the original 1987 cartoon have it's own forum? It has a massive fan base, and (to me at least) it seems slightly strange it doesn't have it's own area?

Maybe I've missed something, I don't know?

If someone could enlighten me?

Thanks!

Piddy

p.s. THIS may be the actual dumbest question...what exactly does OT stand for? I'm guessing "original turtles"?? I've tried...my pathetic mind has really tried...but I can't make sense of it. I know it refers to the original toon, but I've no idea of the breakdown of the acronym...

*stands back and awaits stupidity backlash*

Candy Kappa
09-04-2014, 08:02 AM
The General TMNT section is mainly for the Fred Wolf cartoon and things that don't fit in the specific sub-sections.

OT usually stands for Original Toon or Old Toon, as far as I know. I personally prefer using FW for Fred Wolf.

D Piddy 1982
09-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Ah OK, I see.

Just with my OCD it makes me twitch every time I see the Nick and 4kids forums but no Fred Wolf!

Thanks

Leo656
09-04-2014, 09:21 PM
It's been asked before. I think the thing of it is, the entire forum originated as a place to appreciate the OT, so everything else just grew out of that. 2K3 didn't exist yet, for example, so basically just having one section for Cartoon, one for Movies, and one for Comics was enough to cover everything. All the other separate sections were added on as they were created. It's always just kind of been unspoken since then that most of the OT discussion takes place in "General".

I imagine by this point it just might be too much hassle to split the OT off into its own sub-section, but then I have no idea how any of that works, it's just speculation on my part.

D Piddy 1982
09-05-2014, 05:32 AM
It's been asked before. I think the thing of it is, the entire forum originated as a place to appreciate the OT, so everything else just grew out of that. 2K3 didn't exist yet, for example, so basically just having one section for Cartoon, one for Movies, and one for Comics was enough to cover everything. All the other separate sections were added on as they were created. It's always just kind of been unspoken since then that most of the OT discussion takes place in "General".

I imagine by this point it just might be too much hassle to split the OT off into its own sub-section, but then I have no idea how any of that works, it's just speculation on my part.

Ah cool, that makes total sense now, and I can see exactly how it evolved and why there wouldn't be an OT specific forum.

Thanks for the clarification!