PDA

View Full Version : How was the unlockable arcade adaptions?

Tack
09-05-2014, 11:13 PM
So I was wondering out of curiosity how the unlocked versions of The Arcade Game and Turtles in Time (in Battle Nexus and Mutant Nightmare respectfully) held up. Are the any good, or did they suck so hard that it made the first NES game look respectable? (Just kidding, I liked the NES game no matter how hard it was.) :lol:

Also how was the Xbox 360 version of the first game?

Ecto Jedi
09-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Well, the arcade games are fun, though personally I prefer playing the console versions -- those have limited lives and continues, ramping up the difficulty. It's just to easy to keep popping in "quarters" when playing emulated versions.

But stay away from the Battle Nexus and Mutant Nightmare ports. Konami couldn't get the rights to any of the original music featured in either the original arcade game or Turtles in Time. What you get instead is lame placeholder music and really jarring sound clips from the 2k3 voice cast.

Ugly.

Venom
09-13-2014, 07:43 PM
The first game never was ported to 360, just the arcade games and turtles in time.

RaphaelinSTL
09-14-2014, 09:42 PM
But stay away from the Battle Nexus and Mutant Nightmare ports. Konami couldn't get the rights to any of the original music featured in either the original arcade game or Turtles in Time. What you get instead is lame placeholder music and really jarring sound clips from the 2k3 voice cast.

Which I always found odd as Konami owned those games so how could they not secure the rights to the music?

We owned Battle Nexus and I feel like we unlocked the original arcade ports, but I don't remember much from it. Oddly enough, I was just on the verge of buying Mutant Nightmare just for the chance to play Turtles in Time again. We got our Wii an SNES emulator a couple weeks back and luckily, I've been able to play the original off the Wii.

I still might just go get Mutant Nightmare for PS2 just to play it sometime in the future.

Ecto Jedi
09-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Which I always found odd as Konami owned those games so how could they not secure the rights to the music?

The sound effects were the proprietary property of Konami's -- hence their inclusion in the unlockable versions. The rights to the Turtles theme song and the rest of the game music (with its many variations on the classic TMNT theme) belonged to the original rights holders of the TV show, I assume.