PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Extending Character limit for RPG board

toxicZodiac
09-10-2014, 10:26 PM
I've been looking forward to redoing my profiles in the RPG forum and happen to be a big post roleplayer, but unfortunately there's this annoying character limit.

Is there anyway for this to be extended to... about 50000 or so characters??

snake
09-10-2014, 10:48 PM
I've been looking forward to redoing my profiles in the RPG forum and happen to be a big post roleplayer, but unfortunately there's this annoying character limit.

Is there anyway for this to be extended to... about 50000 or so characters??

You could post twice. I won't really matter since its continuing off the previous one.

toxicZodiac
09-10-2014, 11:04 PM
You could post twice. I won't really matter since its continuing off the previous one.
the problem with that is people don't like double posting or even spamming with multiple posts just to spring out a big and descriptive profile or reply. So is it really better to spam your profile or post than it is to have an extended character limit, or even remove the limit altogether?

Powder
09-10-2014, 11:18 PM
I'm sure nobody would give a crap in that part of the forums, it's a ghost town anyway.

Candy Kappa
09-11-2014, 01:50 AM
the problem with that is people don't like double posting or even spamming with multiple posts just to spring out a big and descriptive profile or reply. So is it really better to spam your profile or post than it is to have an extended character limit, or even remove the limit altogether?

A continuation post isn't the same double posting.

Venom
09-11-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm sure nobody would give a crap in that part of the forums, it's a ghost town anyway.

A continuation post isn't the same double posting.

Pretty much this. Use several posts if need be for overly descriptive scenarios.

Netkeeper
09-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Hey TZ, it's been a while. Don't RP without me!

You can also bypass the limit by just making an image, typing your profile info into it, and posting it, or you can make the profile an HTML file hosted somewhere and link to the profile in your post.

toxicZodiac
09-12-2014, 07:35 PM
It would be better to extend the character limit but until that is done then I can use your suggestion, Netkeeper

MikeandRaph87
09-12-2014, 07:49 PM
What I need is to insert post in the episode guide thread ahead of all the replies so I can get the seasons one after the other listed. So far I had to send information to Candiandrome to post for me in place of his post which was the first reply. I will have to rely on Rose to delete her original message and post episode information as it comes out for season 3 and the whoever is in the post below that for season 4 and so on.

Jester
09-13-2014, 08:57 PM
No offence Toxie, but for every person like you who actually puts the time into their RP posts and require a higher limit, there are about 50+ who post things like:
Steve walked across the room.
"Hi, Mikey," he said.

snake
09-13-2014, 11:38 PM
No offence Toxie, but for every person like you who actually puts the time into their RP posts and require a higher limit, there are about 50+ who post things like:

I try for a minimum of 50/80 words, except for stuff like the Burger King one. I wanted continuity in that one, but it was a straight up mess. :lol:

Netkeeper
09-14-2014, 04:36 AM
Reasons why I didn't even attempt RP here until TZ made a thread. Lmao I'm used to RP where people actually attempt to write the character properly and use a little bit of grammar.