PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about the series finale, "Wedding Bells and Bytes?"

CyberCubed
09-13-2014, 08:58 PM
So I watched the last episode of the series again, and had it not been for Turtles Forever, this would have been the final time we would have seen the 2k3 universe. What did you guys think about it?

I wish it had been a 2-parter (removing one of those awful fillers about either Serling/Superquest/Green Mantle), but otherwise I quite liked it. You get to see cameos of almost every major character in the series appear for April/Casey's wedding. Splinter is revived from cyberspace and Cyber Shredder/Khan mount their final attack during the wedding.

Story-wise it was a bit odd to see the Ninja Tribunal not be able to take down Foot Soldiers easily (instead the Justice Force save everyone), but I guess I can overlook that.

I loved seeing the characters again in their new designs. Its a shame Karai didn't have any speaking lines though. Also loved the cameos at the end with Bishop, Cody, Renet, and the Daimyo/Ultimate Ninja all watching the wedding too. It made a pretty good series finale, aside from Turtles Forever.

Coola Yagami
09-13-2014, 09:18 PM
So I watched the last episode of the series again, and had it not been for Turtles Forever, this would have been the final time we would have seen the 2k3 universe. What did you guys think about it?

I wish it had been a 2-parter (removing one of those awful fillers about either Serling/Superquest/Green Mantle), but otherwise I quite liked it. You get to see cameos of almost every major character in the series appear for April/Casey's wedding. Splinter is revived from cyberspace and Cyber Shredder/Khan mount their final attack during the wedding.

Story-wise it was a bit odd to see the Ninja Tribunal not be able to take down Foot Soldiers easily (instead the Justice Force save everyone), but I guess I can overlook that.

I loved seeing the characters again in their new designs. Its a shame Karai didn't have any speaking lines though. Also loved the cameos at the end with Bishop, Cody, Renet, and the Daimyo/Ultimate Ninja all watching the wedding too. It made a pretty good series finale, aside from Turtles Forever.

I only didn't like the oversight of no reaction from Karai whatsoever. She either should have been confused as to how her father came back.... or she shoulda been all like 'YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!!!'.

CyberCubed
09-13-2014, 09:39 PM
I only didn't like the oversight of no reaction from Karai whatsoever. She either should have been confused as to how her father came back.... or she shoulda been all like 'YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!!!'.

She didn't get any lines at all which was odd. You think they would have shown at least one scene with her interacting with the Turtles. It was the first time she saw them again since the end of Season 5.

Coola Yagami
09-13-2014, 10:33 PM
She didn't get any lines at all which was odd. You think they would have shown at least one scene with her interacting with the Turtles. It was the first time she saw them again since the end of Season 5.

Voice actress probably wasn't available.

snake
09-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Underwhelming. FF and BTTS really messed up the show.

CyberCubed
09-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Underwhelming. FF and BTTS really messed up the show.

LOL, no they didn't. BTTS was the weakest season but it had some good episodes. FF was almost consistently good.

Coola Yagami
09-14-2014, 12:58 AM
LOL, no they didn't. BTTS was the weakest season but it had some good episodes. FF was almost consistently good.

Oh yes they did. Everybody knows that.

neatoman
09-14-2014, 01:54 AM
The finale was a little lame but it was a fitting ending to have Casey and April tie the knot.

CharmedSerenity
09-14-2014, 05:45 AM
Considering their better-than-thou attitudes in the Lost Season, it also felt out of character for the Ninja Tribunal to attend a mortal's wedding.

And did the Turtles write the guest-list? :b

pharaohyami5000
09-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Good ending, but man, things were kind of out of place. Karai was already mentioned not having 1 word of Shredder's return, the foot soldiers were able to be on par with the Acolytes (I think they're called that) and even the Ninja Tribunal, and I don't know if having Serling attending Casey and April's wedding would affect anything regarding the future.

Yeah, too much crammed into 1 short finale (due to Fast Forward and Back to the Sewer being incomplete sagas), but a fiting ending nevertheless. Better that than cliffhangers.

Donnieangelo
09-14-2014, 08:52 AM
The turtles look good in suits. :)

CyberCubed
09-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah, too much crammed into 1 short finale (due to Fast Forward and Back to the Sewer being incomplete sagas), but a fiting ending nevertheless. Better that than cliffhangers.

BTTS was ordered as a 13 episode season, they knew it would be the last one.

pharaohyami5000
09-14-2014, 02:00 PM
13? I thought it was 12!

snake
09-14-2014, 02:05 PM

BTTS was horrible and FF was alright at best.

CyberCubed
09-14-2014, 02:20 PM
BTTS was horrible and FF was alright at best.

I don't think you know what, "horrible" means. Some BTTS like, "The Engagement Ring," "Hacking Stockman," the finale, and the first two episodes were great. It did have 3 terrible fillers and the cyberworld stuff got old fast, but it had some good episodes.

Also, some of FF's episodes can rank up there with the best episodes of the entire series.

Coola Yagami
09-14-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't think you know what, "horrible" means. Some BTTS like, "The Engagement Ring," "Hacking Stockman," the finale, and the first two episodes were great. It did have 3 terrible fillers and the cyberworld stuff got old fast, but it had some good episodes.

Also, some of FF's episodes can rank up there with the best episodes of the entire series.

It was pretty horrible. Shreddy Bear and all. I like btts better than ff but I know both of them were lame. It all went downhill after season 4

CyberCubed
09-14-2014, 07:50 PM
It was pretty horrible. Shreddy Bear and all. I like btts better than ff but I know both of them were lame. It all went downhill after season 4

It wasn't horrible, but it was a step down from before. I liked Season 5 and 6 almost equally, maybe 5 a bit more since it tied in with the history of the show better.

Season 7 was the weakest season since the cyberworld stuff got old after the second time they showed it, but it did have some interesting episodes. I only wish the whole season wasn't based on Cyber Shredder and the cyberspace stuff.

Icebot
09-15-2014, 01:55 PM
It was a good episode but I always wondered: why did the daimyo and Ultimate Ninja watch the wedding on their tv instead of coming to the wedding?

mrminister4446
09-17-2014, 01:08 PM
I didn't really watch the entire episode. It just didn't interest me because:
1) I did not like the cyber-shredder thing.
2) I did not like how they changed the animation.
And 3) The same with karai having no lines, the tribunal etc...

blindturtle02
09-17-2014, 01:42 PM
I thought they were setting up for the big Shredder War in the season premiere, so I was a bit disappointed in how rushed the finale was. I agree about Superquest, Incredible Shrinking Sirling, and the Green Mantle eps taking up space. I didn't care for any of those three. Would have been cool if the series finale had been a three parter similar to the way it began. They probably could have gotten away with wrapping up more story if it hadn't been for those three meddling filler episodes! I like going all Scooby villain when I consider what might have been sometimes. Very theriputic.

Bry
09-17-2014, 01:43 PM
It was all right. Won't go down as one of the better episodes of that series, but it's not one of the worst either. For a series finale it hit all of the right beats - appearances from all the major supporting characters, a final battle against the Big Bad, and a wedding! But in 22 minutes, all of that felt really rushed - too rushed for anything to feel significant or have any legitimate emotional weight.

So yeah. It was okay. Not good, but okay. Could have been a lot worse, but I'm glad Turtles Forever is what really capped that series - can't imagine a better send-off than that.

Xiewin
09-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Very disappointing episode.

It didn't even feel like a series finale to me, just some random filler episode about Casey's and April's love. It left me with an empty feeling, it was not a good way to end such an awesome show.

ABrown
09-17-2014, 02:28 PM
The Back To The Sewer season was kinda like a mediocre frozen pizza (little bit of irony that I chose to compare TMNT to pizza). It's edible, but you've had much better.

CyberCubed
09-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Very disappointing episode.

It didn't even feel like a series finale to me, just some random filler episode about Casey's and April's love. It left me with an empty feeling, it was not a good way to end such an awesome show.

A random filler episode? The show ended with the final battle with Cyber Shredder, the defeat of the Foot clan, cameos of almost all the major characters in the series, and April/Casey's wedding.

How the hell was it a filler episode?

Machias Banshee
09-18-2014, 08:34 PM
I was so unhappy with the rushed reunion of Splinter and the turtles that I ended up writing my own episode (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6874544/1/Splintered-Memories)... it made for a much more poignant reunion.

shuriken
09-18-2014, 08:48 PM
A random filler episode? The show ended with the final battle with Cyber Shredder, the defeat of the Foot clan, cameos of almost all the major characters in the series, and April/Casey's wedding.

How the hell was it a filler episode?

He said it felt like one.
I wouldn't say filler, but it does feel really rushed and it kinda seemed like the writers wanted to be done with the series at that point.
Overall its ok, just not great.
Personally I woulda preferred season 5 shoulda been the last season.

Ashwolf
10-13-2014, 04:35 PM
as a ep, it was alright but there could've been a better finale

Xav
10-14-2014, 02:13 AM
I only didn't like the oversight of no reaction from Karai whatsoever. She either should have been confused as to how her father came back.... or she shoulda been all like 'YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!!!'.Also Mortu and Utroms were there and there was no reaction from Shredder upon seeing them again. As well as no members of April's family attending the wedding when we know she has at least an uncle and a sister.

k_lala
10-15-2014, 06:57 PM
For a BTTS episode it was great, overall I thought it was ok. The BTTS season as a whole I'm trying to forget about, it was hard for me to watch.

CyberCubed
10-15-2014, 07:44 PM
For a BTTS episode it was great, overall I thought it was ok. The BTTS season as a whole I'm trying to forget about, it was hard for me to watch.

It wasn't that bad at all.

snake
10-15-2014, 07:47 PM

Opinions, Cubed', opinions.

k_lala
10-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Why don't you put a poll up on if people like Back to the Sewers and find out :)

Noxonius
11-18-2014, 09:59 AM
It was what the entire season had been compared to all of the previous ones before Fast Forward. Pretty lame, and like said, not a finale that provided any closure whatsoever, just another disappointment by 4Kids before the series finally bit the dust.

Nameless
12-03-2014, 01:45 PM
i always like new directions and approaches taken to the turtles so i didn't mind the FF and BBTS seasons... that said they are no where near as good as the first 5 seasons. as for the season finale heck the series finale it was rushed but it was alright. it defiantly needed to be a 2 parter, something the final season never did unlike the previous season which had 2 or 3 multi-part episodes.
i think the thing about this season i'm most upset about is that we never got to see the huge 3 shredder battle we get a glimpse of.

Jephael
12-05-2014, 10:23 AM
The premise of the episode was good, but I kinda wish this episode had been done as a 2/3-parter. Plus it would've been nice to see some dialogue between Karai and the TMNT about where she is now in regards to her relationship with the Foot Clan.

mrminister4446
12-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Meh, compared to back to new york 3 (Not a finale, but still epic), or even the last episode of season 5, it wasn't that good.

I did not get into the last two seasons, I only watched the most important episodes concerning the story. I rewatched this episode today, and there are many questions which are left unanswered, and as many people have pointed out earlier, it seems a bit rushed. I also stated earlier on another thread that I did not like the animation of the two last seasons.

One question: is it ever known why Karai doesn't lead the foot anymore? Is it ever explained?

Wesley
12-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Meh, compared to back to new york 3 (Not a finale, but still epic), or even the last episode of season 5, it wasn't that good.

I did not get into the last two seasons, I only watched the most important episodes concerning the story. I rewatched this episode today, and there are many questions which are left unanswered, and as many people have pointed out earlier, it seems a bit rushed. I also stated earlier on another thread that I did not like the animation of the two last seasons.

One question: is it ever known why Karai doesn't lead the foot anymore? Is it ever explained?

I didn't pay much attention to the last two seasons either. I agree that the series finale seemed a bit rushed (there was too much going on in the episode). There were many questions left unanswered, but a lot of shows have that problem. I don't think it was explained why Karai doesn't lead the Foot anymore. I thought BTTS was still fun to watch, though.

CyberCubed
12-07-2014, 02:34 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the last two seasons either. I agree that the series finale seemed a bit rushed (there was too much going on in the episode). There were many questions left unanswered, but a lot of shows have that problem. I don't think it was explained why Karai doesn't lead the Foot anymore. I thought BTTS was still fun to watch, though.

LOL, what? What unaswered questions were there? The 4kids series tied up virtually all its loose ends besides Darius/Dark Turtles in FF.

snake
12-07-2014, 02:45 PM
LOL, what? What unaswered questions were there? The 4kids series tied up virtually all its loose ends besides Darius/Dark Turtles in FF.

What about master khan? He was in Mayhem On Mutant Island.

CyberCubed
12-07-2014, 02:57 PM
What about master khan? He was in Mayhem On Mutant Island.

I don't think Mayhem from Mutant Island was intended to be canon, it was just essentially a toy commercial. Either way its rather obvious that "special" is intended to take place before the season finale.

Khan was sent to jail after being defeated at the end of BTTS.

evan2000
12-08-2014, 05:22 AM
I don't think Mayhem from Mutant Island was intended to be canon, it was just essentially a toy commercial. Either way its rather obvious that "special" is intended to take place before the season finale.

I assume it was canon as the scene where the turtles were playing extreme sports was also in the BTTS intro theme, right?

And yeah, it's suppose to take place long before the finale. You could practically insert it anywhere from episode 2 onwards.

CyberCubed
12-08-2014, 12:00 PM
I assume it was canon as the scene where the turtles were playing extreme sports was also in the BTTS intro theme, right?

They use the extreme sports gear in a regular BTTS episode, the one where Shredder creates virtual reality mutants from cyberspace.

Xav
12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
LOL, what? What unaswered questions were there?How about why did Shredder create mutant clones of himself?

snake
12-08-2014, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Wesley;1389398

Khan was sent to jail after being defeated at the end of BTTS.

Yeah, but I'd like more closure then that.

Does anyone have any info on the cancelled Shredder War arc?

EDIT- Quoting is getting really messed up for me.

Blossombrooks
12-08-2014, 03:55 PM
How about why did Shredder create mutant clones of himself?

To fight mutants with mutants? Someone correct me if i'm wrong but even in the comic arc that story was based on I don't think it was explained, it was always a natural assumption on my part that he'd try to fight fire with fire.

CyberCubed
12-08-2014, 04:08 PM
How about why did Shredder create mutant clones of himself?

The same reason he created the Notes of the Underground mutants? He was hunting the Utroms down.

Also this happened back in Season 1 and the show went on for 6 more seasons, its pretty obvious it was not something the writers ever considered a plot point.

Xav
12-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but even in the comic arc that story was based on I don't think it was explained, it was always a natural assumption on my part that he'd try to fight fire with fire.In the comics they were experiments of the colony worms on test subjects.

Blossombrooks
12-09-2014, 12:14 AM
^ Ahh, thanks. :D

I can't really stand the BTTS season and the last episode made me cringe, just too cheesy in places. I've only watched it once and that's pretty unusual for me with TMNT.

CyberCubed
12-09-2014, 11:56 AM
^ Ahh, thanks. :D

I can't really stand the BTTS season and the last episode made me cringe, just too cheesy in places. I've only watched it once and that's pretty unusual for me with TMNT.

The last season is fine. I don't know why the last episode would make you cringe.

slashpieturtlemix
12-09-2014, 03:55 PM
I thought it was a good ending. I was disappointed with the lack of ending for Fast Forward but the whole series ended pretty well. At least it wasn't a sudden cut off like most series lol

mrminister4446
12-10-2014, 08:07 AM
The last season is fine. I don't know why the last episode would make you cringe.

The last two seasons, to me at least, lacked some of the stuff which made the previous ones great. But this is just my opinion, which alot of other people also share.