PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Raph Touched Up

jazzmatazz
09-22-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm hoping to get some better photos this week, as well as fix all my previous post dead photo links. Had a privacy scare so deleted my photobucket entirely and started over.

I looked everywhere for the LARP set and was very disappointed in the quality. All four needed at least something fixed. So I ended up buying Raph & Don my favorite two from the set. I haven't started in on Don yet. I still plan to get a dirty wash over the main pelt piece so it matches better with the rest. Took the time to try to make it look more like in the episode. I had the most fun with the hat. I'm still not quite happy with his left arm joint, it wasn't painted either and matching their green was a pain in the behind.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/barbariancrumpet/Ninja%20Turtles/tumblr_ncc5hvdMHL1qb74eio1_500_zpse470bd29.jpg

Another shot of him outside

http://i.imgur.com/dBZO5wll.jpg

The Fifth Turtle
09-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Wow! I wonder if all of the upper left shell pieces are painted white...

Looks good FYI.

jazzmatazz
09-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Wow! I wonder if all of the upper left shell pieces are painted white...

Looks good FYI.

I'm unsure the other one in the store looked like it was unpainted too. Then I've only found one unboxing review on youtube thus far and his was unpainted as well. He totally missed it and only mentioned the belt not being painted silver like in the prototype/boxart. I showed it to a few people before I repainted him and it took them all a bit to notice that no that wasn't part of the pelt, his shell isn't painted. I've been waiting to see more reviews but they have been so hard to find in the stores that I don't think many have their hands on them yet.

The Fifth Turtle
09-24-2014, 10:37 AM
It's safe to say that all of them suffer from the same flaw. It's just another step in the painting process, that Playmates just skipped :roll:

Slash suffers the same laziness, and ended up with "shoes" instead of feet in wraps.

jazzmatazz
09-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Slash suffers the same laziness, and ended up with "shoes" instead of feet in wraps.

I have yet to even see Slash in stores in my area :teek:

snake
09-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Great job! You should do Donatello next. He got the worst of it in my opinion.

The Fifth Turtle
10-03-2014, 05:21 PM
I found a Raph today at the Walgreens and he had the shell painted correctly.

Tartaruhga Muhtante
10-04-2014, 08:06 AM
A turtle ready to drink mead, fight like berserker, and smash helmets:o