PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant NInja turtles III

Taartru
09-24-2014, 10:42 AM
On many TMNT forums, This is the movie which name must never be spoken.

But screw that! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III is awesome!

Actually no, This movie is not Awesome, It's ok, In my opinion. It's my second favourite in the trilogy with The first one being my favourite.

Yeah the costumes in this film are definitely worse than the other 2. Lip syncing is not great either. The plot is pretty ok.

But what makes this film Ok, are the fights, They are more creative and fun than the Secret of the ooze In my opinion.

So what's your opinion on this movie?

Also don't call it turtles in time, Because it's not called that.

Gunpowder
09-24-2014, 11:00 AM
I've seen the other movies numerous times but, since people unanimously seem to loathe this one, I've kept my distance. I'll bring myself to watch it eventually, I'm sure, but I've literally heard nothing promising about it.

Shark_Blade
09-24-2014, 11:29 AM
It's better than Secret of the Ooze imo. They actually use weapons and fight, instead of being goofy and dancing in a nightclub not doing anything ninja.

The Vernon
09-24-2014, 06:06 PM
I agree it is awesome. But don't you talk about secret of the ooze in that way. No way, no how, sista. Tokka and Rahzar got my back, and supa shredda and friends yah

THGhost
09-24-2014, 06:37 PM
I've always enjoyed it for what it is. Sure, the humour is a little off at times and the story isn't that great. But the fun interactions between the four turtles is still intact and there are some pretty good fight sequences to be had. As a kid I loved it, as an adult I still like it. I do prefer Secret of the Ooze though, then obviously the first movie.

LeoRaph
09-24-2014, 07:14 PM
I put off watching this for years and finally saw it this year and much much to my surprise I liked it. Don't get me wrong the costumes are bad and the humour is pretty childish but I can look past those as the story is interesting and the overall acting is damn good. Say what you will about TMNT 3's time travel plot holes it didn't have any where near as many plot holes and just plain dumb mindless lazy story telling as BayTles.

What was interesting to me was the connection between the Turtles and the human characters especially the kids and seeing them enjoy being open & free opposed to their feelings of being outcasts hidden from the world. It was also nice to see Elias Koteas return playing 2 parts. The fights were also done with as much... maybe even more skill than the first movie. (pretty damn hard riding a horse and having to fight in that costume).

My only major gripe was I didn't like this Splinter's voice but he was no where near as bad as Otaku Splinter.

CyberCubed
09-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Ignoring some of the cheesier jokes, its a typical TMNT time travel movie set in fuedal Japan.

Coola Yagami
09-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Ignoring some of the cheesier jokes, its a typical TMNT time travel movie set in fuedal Japan.

Typical? Cause we had tons of those tmnt time travel movies, right! Great Scott!!!

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
09-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Typical? Cause we had tons of those tmnt time travel movies, right! Great Scott!!!

lol, maybe they Should have taken lessons from Back to the Future III and had the Turtles go back to the Western time, instead of the Feudal Japan time...plus (of course) Back to the Future III was a better flick.

Granted, that wasn't the problem with the third film...but, maybe the West could have provided a more interesting background.

Davetello
09-24-2014, 09:49 PM
It's not as poor as it's made out to be. Not great, but worth a watch if you can get past the comical turtle suits.

THGhost
09-25-2014, 07:06 AM

It travelled back in time in the original comics, with a similar sceptre. :)

If the AVGN saw this thread he'd probably drop a lung. :lol:

nKFyFu9aDWk

Mellie
09-25-2014, 11:06 AM
I tried to watch it recently and I just couldn't do it. I think I made it 10 minutes before I turned it off. I *did* just finish watching the first two movies so that possibly played a role. :lol:

The first movie is perfection. One of my favorite movies period.

The second movie is goofier, but I still love it. It has some of my fav Donatello moments.

The third, I don't know.. the turtles seemed too different- and ugly.
They basically shouted off the rooftops that Splinter didn't have a lower half.
Too many human characters
The parts with Casey Jones were funny.

That's all I really remember. I'll try to give it another proper viewing soon.

marcelangelo
09-27-2014, 06:03 AM
lol, maybe they Should have taken lessons from Back to the Future III and had the Turtles go back to the Western time, instead of the Feudal Japan time...plus (of course) Back to the Future III was a better flick.

Granted, that wasn't the problem with the third film...but, maybe the West could have provided a more interesting background.

ha!western as more interesting background for the turtles?!?..'more' interesting to you perhaps...what could be better suited for this thing than the age of the ninja clans and samurai and ronin roaming the lands?!?!?!

Warhorse
09-27-2014, 09:15 AM
ha!western as more interesting background for the turtles?!?..'more' interesting to you perhaps...what could be better suited for this thing than the age of the ninja clans and samurai and ronin roaming the lands?!?!?!

Hey, I once saw an interview where the main creator behind the Nick toon was actually entertained by the idea of the TMNT going back into a western type setting, if just to see Raphael perform a quick draw in a duel. So maybe we will get something like that?

IndigoErth
09-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Ah I'm not too big of a critic, it's ok for what it is. Obviously the story is a bit off in left field after the first two and the suits, no offense to their creators, kinda suck a bit in comparison, but there's some decent moments. I do love when they're in the samurai gear and Raph's interactions with Yoshi.

Taartru
09-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Wow,A lot of you actually kinda like the movie, i'm surprised as nearly everyone I've talked goes all avgn on me :P.

And about that western thing, feudal japan was a better setting because of the swords samurai's and stuff like that. But eh western could be okay too.

Xiewin
09-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Tried to watch it yesterday and it turns out that I still hate it.

Donnieangelo
09-28-2014, 09:43 AM
I like this movie and I don't care what people are gonna think! :x

snake
09-28-2014, 09:49 AM
I don't like it.

I do like all the one liners in the movie.

"Help! I'm a turtle and I can't get up!"