PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons tmnt 3 will always be better than tmnt 2

mikey22
10-05-2014, 08:51 AM
#1 Corey Feldman... he pretty much made this movie for me.
"Name rings a bell" Shes a man... HIGH FOOT! all his puns were great compared to the comedy in tmnt 2 besides little too raph line

#2 the weapon use- it was refreshing seeing all 4 use their weapons (even if only brief for mike and raph)

#3 no baby mutants--- no annoying tohka and razar. yes we had 3 stooges w/ Niles but nowhere near as annoying as Tohka and Rahzar

#4 Leo not a crybaby... Leo seemed like a baby in tmnt 2. this movie he was calmer, a bit more relaxed compared to tmnt 2

#5 the fight scenes
nothing will compare to tmnt 1, but tmnt 3 had enjoyable fight scenes... not just people getting thrown around w/ toys...

JIm hensons for tmnt 2 was good and i always enjoyed Tatsu but besides that TMNT 3 coulda easily followed tmnt 1 .... (just the den part was only thing that really overlapped)

Warhorse
10-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Huh? There were a few things I thought TMNT 3 had better than TMNT 2, but it's not the reasons you listed.

1-Mikey shown serious for once.

2-Raph showing his soft side with the little boy.

3-The Turtles trying to learn to ride horses, and Donnie's exclamation of Leo "you know, sometimes I hate that guy!" when Leo is shown, showing off.

4-Casey Jones was in it. Not much, and he didn't do anything, but still, so far for me, Elias Koteas is the best Casey Jones I have seen yet in all TV/Movie incarnations.

5-I'll take the opening dance scene in this over the Ninja Rap scene in SOTO anyday!

But, this does not mean I think TMNT 3 is better than TMNT 2, there are just some scenarios I thought were actually handled better, surprisingly. I'm sure there was a great movie in there somewhere, but the awful jokes, awful costumes and the pure stupidity of some of the characters consumed the great story for a bad one. This is what happens when we allow good properties to be dictated to by the soccer moms!

Jephael
10-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Ever since I learned of Renet and Savanti Romero, I wish they had actually used those characters in this movie.

Shark_Blade
10-05-2014, 10:01 AM
TMNT 3 will always be better than 2 for me.

SH-WING!! :tlol:

snake
10-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Ever since I learned of Renet and Savanti Romero, I wish they had actually used those characters in this movie.

That would've been awesome. A live action Savanti would be so cool.

oldmanwinters
10-05-2014, 11:26 AM
I've always liked the 2nd and 3rd movies.

People can hate on them all they want.

Donnieangelo
10-05-2014, 11:40 AM

Indeed.

(Bungee jumping without a bungee..... that could be dangerous!)

pennydreadful
10-06-2014, 08:57 PM

Ditto this. Different people like different stuff - I don't know why some feel the need to behave as if not liking something makes them superior (this isn't directed at the OP, just a general observation).

Then again, I think Kevin Smith sucks and his fans need to watch better movies, and yet I laugh my ass off at Beavis and Butthead, so I'm probably just a giant hypocrite. :lol: Scratch that - I'm definitely a giant hypocrite!!!

Longview01
10-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Ditto this. Different people like different stuff - I don't know why some feel the need to behave as if not liking something makes them superior (this isn't directed at the OP, just a general observation).

Then again, I think Kevin Smith sucks and his fans need to watch better movies, and yet I laugh my ass off at Beavis and Butthead, so I'm probably just a giant hypocrite. :lol: Scratch that - I'm definitely a giant hypocrite!!!

I like Kevin Smith, I love Beavis and Butthead and I hate Turtles 3.

Different strokes and all that jazz

DonatelloDomeHead31
10-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah I could write so many favorite jokes that Donatello said in the 3rd movie than in the 2nd movie.

Come to think of it...Donatello was more serious in the 2nd one than the 3rd one...he didn't like the Professor's theories with the mutagen. Mikey was the comic relief for the 2nd one. Donny was the comic relief for the 3rd one.

I also liked his little puns/jokes as mentioned in another topic post...favorite: "Name Rings a Bell" :D

Finally...I didn't like Mikey so much in the 3rd one...don't get me wrong he had some humor but he kinda got serious toward the end and not wanting to leave.

Coola Yagami
10-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Mitsu shoulda been single. Or they should have had another female character with no attachments.

It was kinda awkward seeing mikey fall for someone else's girl. Then he wanted to stay behind to try to be with someone else's girl. I mean what did he expect was gonna happen if he stayed behind and kenshi came back. What was he gonna do being stuck in Japan as he sees mitsu run into kenshi's arms?

Jephael
10-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Mitsu shoulda been single. Or they should have had another female character with no attachments.

It was kinda awkward seeing mikey fall for someone else's girl. Then he wanted to stay behind to try to be with someone else's girl. I mean what did he expect was gonna happen if he stayed behind and kenshi came back. What was he gonna do being stuck in Japan as he sees mitsu run into kenshi's arms?

That thought has crossed my mind as well. Gotta admit under different circumstances we could've had a very interesting love triangle.

Coola Yagami
10-09-2014, 05:41 PM
That thought has crossed my mind as well. Gotta admit under different circumstances we could've had a very interesting love triangle.

I kinda didn't get the vibe that mitsu liked mikey the same way though. I didn't really see mitsu getting her emotions all confused and she didn't seem all that heartbroken when mikey had to leave. I'm not even sure she was completely aware of just exactly how mikey felt about her. I get the feeling she'd fall on her ass saying WHHHHAAAAT?!' If mikey told her he was in love with her.