PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 1988-90 figures collector book

DaddaRuleKonge
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
hello. i collect MOC tmnt and i like to have something to do. I made a "book" about every NES game and i thought it would be fun to make a book that covers the TMNT toy line from 88-something.
I was wondering if someone has a price guide or rarity guide (it doesn`t have to be "official" or set in stone, just something to use as a refrence point). I have looked all over the net and have not managed to find anything.
The book is 90% complete and covers the figures and vehicles from 88 to 90. The book will be made free as much of the information is copypaste and google pictures, but i have tried to make it somewhat informative and fun to look through.
So, if someone has or would be nice to make me a "rarity guide" i can use in the book, covering 1988 to as far as you want to make it, i will be very happy, since my knowledge is rather limited in the field.

JonesyKitty
10-05-2014, 03:40 PM
hello. i collect MOC tmnt and i like to have something to do. I made a "book" about every NES game and i thought it would be fun to make a book that covers the TMNT toy line from 88-something.
I was wondering if someone has a price guide or rarity guide (it doesn`t have to be "official" or set in stone, just something to use as a refrence point). I have looked all over the net and have not managed to find anything.
The book is 90% complete and covers the figures and vehicles from 88 to 90. The book will be made free as much of the information is copypaste and google pictures, but i have tried to make it somewhat informative and fun to look through.
So, if someone has or would be nice to make me a "rarity guide" i can use in the book, covering 1988 to as far as you want to make it, i will be very happy, since my knowledge is rather limited in the field.

I don't know any of the price ranges but om very interested inseeing your book when its done :)

DaddaRuleKonge
10-05-2014, 03:42 PM
And you will :)

go_ninja84
10-06-2014, 12:47 PM
+1 for a book dont forget the Movie Star line lol

DaddaRuleKonge
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM
i only have the 1988 to 1990 figures and vehicles in the book. i believe the movie star figures came out the following year. I am going over the "book" now and think i will get it up in some hours.

LeonardosBane
10-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Your best bet for getting an idea of value/rarity is to look at sold eBay auctions. Take an average of the past few figures that have sold. If none have sold in the past few months, probably means it's pretty rare. It would be a lot of work, yes, but there's no price guide I know of on the internet, and this would be the most accurate up to date pricing.

Also, http://www.myteefinestuff.com has just about every Turtle figure with variants listed and priced, so if you just want to use them as a reference, that would work, although their prices are sometimes on the high end.

go_ninja84
10-06-2014, 02:39 PM
i only have the 1988 to 1990 figures and vehicles in the book. i believe the movie star figures came out the following year. I am going over the "book" now and think i will get it up in some hours.
1992 i believe. sorry i thought you would keep adding to the book you were making..my bad its my favorite line lol :D

DaddaRuleKonge
10-06-2014, 02:54 PM
the book ended at 170 pages. If people think its a nice contribution to their hobby, then maybe i'll follow up on the book. I originally started with the intent to have the figures 1988-1991, but the book got to big, to fast, so i had to trim off a year.

DaddaRuleKonge
10-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Ok. Here goes. The book is “sold” on lulu.com, so you have to register (if you don`t feel like using a valid email, you can probably make one up i guess, i doesn`t matter to me :) and download it from there.
Be warned though, even though i have taken much of the information directly from the net, i have written some myself, and i am terrible at English grammar. The book will not be a Ultimate collector guide, as i have a limited knowledge about the toys and i am not a very good internet detective either, so toy information and variants facts will be somewhat limited. Its more a “Collector Guide Light”. So, that`s that. Here is the PDF, free of charge: http://www.lulu.com/shop/mr-daddarulekonge/tmnt/ebook/product-21839676.html

I will upload it as a paper version later, though the price on that will be sky-high, as lulu charge insane prices. If you have any interest in Nintendo (NES), i also made a book about that some time ago. It`s also free:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/daddarulekonge/the-nes-encyclopedia-book-pdf/ebook/product-21773565.html

DaddaRuleKonge
10-06-2014, 11:41 PM
If for some reason you want the PDF in paper form, here is the paperback version: http://www.lulu.com/shop/mr-daddarulekonge/tmnt/paperback/product-21840130.html

The lowest price i could set on this was 55$ with a 30% discount to $38.50. That makes me a little over 4$. I would like to set this as low as 34$, but it looks like lulu has made some changes to their site, to prevent me to do this. Anyway, i hope you enjoy the PDF version, and would comment on how i should make the "1991-1992 version" better (if i get around to it).
From small time TMNT collector, Daniel, Norway.

rei_kaiser
10-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Amazing! This is the book I have been looking for! Now I know what I'm missing and price of the figures! I will definitely buy once more years have been added! Keep up the excellent work!

DaddaRuleKonge
10-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Thanks for a great message. i really appreciate it:) But i would like to stress though, that the prices in the book ARE SPECULATIVE! you sould NOT take them as a fact and only see them as a point of refrence. I got most of the price list from the website, "toyworth", and i feel they are somewhat on the low-end. I have already started the 91-92 book, as i have little to do with my time at the moment.

mikey0
10-16-2014, 02:02 AM
1992 i believe. sorry i thought you would keep adding to the book you were making..my bad its my favorite line lol :D

You're right, around February of '92 was when the Movie Star figures were in stores.

D Piddy 1982
10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Cool! Will have to download and take a look!

I was only thinking the other day about my Star Wars action figure archive book and if only there was a TMNT version...

discordiatookie
10-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Downloaded this earlier and it's a great looking thing. Haven't looked right into itC bit you can tell that there's a lot of work out in there and it's top notch - especially for free! Thanks for this!

mikey0
10-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Thank for putting this on Lulu for free, but I noticed some errors in it.

For starters, the Giant figures were from the summer of 1990. They were made in 1989, not released then. Remember, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were larger than life in 1990. The Giant figures were in Kay Bee Toy Stores everywhere when the basic ones were sold out.

Also, the pop-up figures were sold from the winter of 1989 into 1990, not 1988 and 1989. The pop-ups were even featured in a commercial. Though, I know the basic figures from the first series don't have the same card backers as the ones from '89. The pop-up were equivalent to the 2k3 turtles with the video game codes. The backers didn't change any, but the pop-up, itself, lists Wingnut as an upcoming figure. That goes for all of the pop-up figures.

Other than that, I appreciated the effort you put into making this. I'd make some slight adjustments (you should feature stickers, valentines and birthday cards feature the characters), but other than that, it was fine.

DaddaRuleKonge
10-29-2014, 12:52 PM
I added the book to my new run-off-the-mill website, so you don`t have to register with lulu to download the book:
http://www.daddarulekonge.com/books/

Thank you mikey0 for the correction. I knew it would be some errors in the book, so i am glad you gave me correct information about the issues.

TheCanadiandrome
10-30-2014, 05:09 PM
downloaded! thanks

mikey0
12-14-2015, 09:52 PM
I made a small mistake before, Daddarulekonge. The pop-up display figures were released early in 1990.

Powder
12-14-2015, 10:08 PM
He's been gone for over a year.

Ninjinister
12-14-2015, 11:07 PM
(Not that the dude will likely see this but w/e)

The book looks very well put together. I like the aesthetics a lot. But I do think $40ish is massively steep for a print version. Maybe if it covered the entire line I'd pay like $50, $60... but not almost $40 just for 2 years worth.

Spidergreg
12-15-2015, 01:28 AM
TS is gone?
Downloaded, thanks.

mikey0
12-15-2015, 10:17 AM
He's been gone for over a year.

Well, at least the information is out there for anyone who needs to see it.

DaddaRuleKonge
03-21-2016, 11:57 AM
(Not that the dude will likely see this but w/e)

The book looks very well put together. I like the aesthetics a lot. But I do think $40ish is massively steep for a print version. Maybe if it covered the entire line I'd pay like $50, $60... but not almost $40 just for 2 years worth.

I`m still here :P I don`t surf forums very much, but I did lurk a little around here from time to time. I am sorry for the price. I set it as low as I could though. I make 4$ on the book if someone would buy it, but that`s as low as lulu.com let me set the price. If I could set it lower, I would :/