PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Alopex appearing in the series?

Mugic
10-26-2014, 10:25 PM
I heard the writers were planning to do a City Fall based arc with a Dark Raphael and i was thinking since she the first original character created by Eastman in over 15 years, stared in the City Fall arc, and is Raph's potential love interest in the IDW continuity, could these heighten her chances of appearing in the future or do you think Nick with choose Ninjara instead?

Warhorse
10-26-2014, 10:48 PM
I heard the writers were planning to do a City Fall based arc with a Dark Raphael and i was thinking since she the first original character created by Eastman in over 15 years, stared in the City Fall arc, and is Raph's potential love interest in the IDW continuity, could these heighten her chances of appearing in the future or do you think Nick with choose Ninjara instead?

If they bring in anyone for a potential love interest for Raph, I'm going to assume it will be Mona Lisa over anyone else.

Ashwolf
10-26-2014, 10:53 PM
I hope its joy instead

PangolinFeets
10-26-2014, 10:54 PM

I actually got the info about Dark Raph while I was specifically asking if Alopex or other IDW characters would be introduced. The question was totally dodged. So I'm guessing its unlikely for at least this season.
But I think she would be awesome to have. I'd love to see her come into play later on in the show. I feel like a lot of new mutants are being introduced as villains now and I wouldn't want her to get lost in the shuffle.

RedOnYellow
10-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Alopex has way too many similarities to this version of Karai.

Also, franky, she's a little too dark and edgy for me. The Shadow The Hedgehog of the series, no doubt. Would rather them either make up their own new female character or reintroduce Mona Lisa as a more fiery version of her old self, especially if they wanted her to have any relationship (platonic or romantic) with this series' Raphael.

Candy Kappa
10-27-2014, 01:22 AM
I'd love to see Alopex enter the Nick show. But, I'm a bit apprehensive on how she'd look when they don't use hair and fur rendering for obvious reasons.

It would be sad if they couldn't make her tail look super fluffy.

neatoman
10-27-2014, 02:03 AM
Aren't the writers afraid of putting a multiple female mutants in the show? Anyway, I doubt it regardless?

Candy Kappa
10-27-2014, 02:08 AM
We do have the good girl, bad girl and nerd girl types. But now that nerd girl is gone, we can refill the quota with a sporty girl type. :roll:

neatoman
10-27-2014, 02:15 AM
We do have the good girl, bad girl and nerd girl types. But now that nerd girl is gone, we can refill the quota with a sporty girl type. :roll:

Well Renet is coming, so I guess we'll get the valley girl type then?

Candy Kappa
10-27-2014, 02:28 AM
True, I forgot she is appearing. If Irma was real after all and is rescued from the Kraang, we're soon enough female characters for a band. :o

Mutant Spice.

neatoman
10-27-2014, 02:53 AM
True, I forgot she is appearing. If Irma was real after all and is rescued from the Kraang, we're soon enough female characters for a band. :o

Mutant Spice.

Well I kind of doubt Irma was real after all, it's possible that she is but maybe the writers think it would be confusing for little kids if there's both a real and a fake Irma.

Shark_Blade
10-27-2014, 05:37 AM
Well I kind of doubt Irma was real after all, it's possible that she is but maybe the writers think it would be confusing for little kids if there's both a real and a fake Irma.

That's rich, you're worried it might confuse little kids... :lol: whereas this show is catered far beyond the little kiddie scope. Have you seen the adult jokes they've been spewing all over? Not to mention the dark themes, violence and also the horror elements.

Warhorse
10-27-2014, 08:39 AM

Oh, you mean how they showed a fake April's mom when I'm pretty sure there is a real April's mom out there somewhere? Or how the Turtles ended up fighting multiple Aprils all in one show.

neatoman
10-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Well OK scratch that then, but I still doubt that Irma was anything other than Kraang spy.

Candy Kappa
10-27-2014, 10:52 AM
I hope Irma was real at some point, and got captured or something else to hinder her to interact with April and school, cause I liked her character and she had a really nice character design.

Warhorse
10-27-2014, 11:53 AM
I hope Irma was real at some point, and got captured or something else to hinder her to interact with April and school, cause I liked her character and she had a really nice character design.

Same here. Her being a Krang spy, along with Karai being mutated was some of the down falls of this show, pretty much a jump the shark moment.

Candy Kappa
10-27-2014, 12:05 PM
At least with Karai, she can shape-change to her human form with snakey eyes.

Maybe Irma-bot will gain sentience, and become a turtle ally :lol:

Warhorse
10-27-2014, 12:10 PM
At least with Karai, she can shape-change to her human form with snakey eyes.

Maybe Irma-bot will gain sentience, and become a turtle ally :lol:

I'm leaning that they are going to eventually have the Turtles come across the real Irma still being held hostage by the Kraang or even by the EPF, and rescue her down the road. Just for now, the producers are going to lie about it.

snake
10-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Right now, the chances are probably pretty low. I still hope she appears.

miru
10-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Didn't they say Nick can't use IDW characters?

Mugic
10-27-2014, 05:02 PM
I thought it was Nick couldn't use IDW storylines (except the Dark Raph thing that was hinted).

PangolinFeets
10-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Does someone have a source for that? Because it sounds like its untrue.

Warhorse
10-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I heard that Nick couldn't use certain characters that were invented outside of the TMNT world, like Usagi, and there was sort of copyright issue with a comic arc called The River that they couldn't outright used, so they loosely based Within the Woods on that arc. But other than that, I don't know the deal between IDW and Nick. I'd figure Nick owns anything TMNT related and has control over it and can do whatever it wants.

PangolinFeets
10-27-2014, 05:55 PM
I heard that Nick couldn't use certain characters that were invented outside of the TMNT world, like Usagi, and there was sort of copyright issue with a comic arc called The River that they couldn't outright used, so they loosely based Within the Woods on that arc. But other than that, I don't know the deal between IDW and Nick. I'd figure Nick owns anything TMNT related and has control over it and can do whatever it wants.
That's what I figured.

I was under the impression that they liked the keep the two separate since they are running at the same time and are in different universes.

TigerClaw
10-27-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm all for Alopex showing up in the series, Though I would've preferred Ninjara.

Mugic
10-27-2014, 10:55 PM
It doesn't matter to me if it's Alopex or Ninjara i just want one of them to show up at some point in the series, I wonder who have a better chance of doing so?

Luckyday
10-27-2014, 11:21 PM
It doesn't matter to me if it's Alopex or Ninjara i just want one of them to show up at some point in the series, I wonder who have a better chance of doing so?
The better question would be which character are they allow to use?

I remember a similar situation with Wonder Girl for Teen Titans. They could never do it because of some licensing issues.

Anyhow, let's put that aside for now. My question for Ninjara/Alopex is what new spin can they bring to the character that will sets her apart from Karai?

Good. That just means that I don't have sit and watch their miller light version of "Sons of the Silent Age".

shredder orokusaki
10-28-2014, 04:57 AM
Granitor a IDW character appeared in the Into dimension x episode maybe this means that they decided to also use some idw characters too.

Mugic
10-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Granitor appeared in the 1987 series as well so i don't think he counts.

shredder orokusaki
10-28-2014, 07:49 AM
if not Alopex then it might appear another mutant fox with a different apperance than Alopex. It dosent have to be alopex or ninjara it can be a new character that will be a mutant fox.

neatoman
10-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Granitor appeared in the 1987 series as well so i don't think he counts.

Yeah but who cares enough about Granitor to remember that, I doubt people even remember Traag.

Mugic
10-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Alopex was a copy paste of Karai? well i guess that kills any chances she had for appearing in the series:tcry: Still holding out for Ninjara though:lol:

Luckyday
10-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Alopex was a copy paste of Karai? well i guess that kills any chances she had for appearing in the series:tcry: Still holding out for Ninjara though:lol:

I say it again.

what new spin can they bring to the character that will sets her apart from Karai?

PangolinFeets
10-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Yea, Karai and Alopex both exist in IDW, but serve very different roles. Karai in Nick is coy and manipulative like Alopex in IDW (I think back to Raph's micro).

So if Alopex appeared in Nick, perhaps she could be super insanely evil. Or maybe kinda take over Karai's role since she's all snake hands (And if she un-mutates, she's unlikely to go back to Shredder.)

Mugic
10-30-2014, 04:51 AM
Yea, Karai and Alopex both exist in IDW, but serve very different roles. Karai in Nick is coy and manipulative like Alopex in IDW (I think back to Raph's micro).

So if Alopex appeared in Nick, perhaps she could be super insanely evil. Or maybe kinda take over Karai's role since she's all snake hands (And if she un-mutates, she's unlikely to go back to Shredder.)What was Karai's roles like in the IDW comics? perhaps she and Alopex could switch roles in the tv series.