PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "toy eBay"? For collectors?

D Piddy 1982
10-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Hey guys n gals

Is there a toy specific eBay-style website?

I have some bits that I am considering selling, but I don't think I'll get their true value by selling on eBay, nor do I think they will get spotted by anyone specifically searching for my item.

Anyone with any advice of selling items potential collectors might be interested in would be appreciated.

Thanks

Piddy

pandaderek
10-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Actually, I'd consider eBay the best way to get exposure for your stuff. It's, just, be prepared to take about 25% from your final value sale. Ebay is great, towards buyers, but, terrible place to generate income...the, only, upside, to sellers, is that it's the most popular, giving you better exposure.

Roseangelo
10-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd expect more success at some obscure ebay-wannabe site that no one's heard of (and that doesn't exist). eBay is the way to go. If there's a certain amount you want for something, make that your minimum and stick to it even if it takes forever to sell. You don't have to start at $.99 and hope for best.

Waytocheesy
10-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd expect more success at some obscure ebay-wannabe site that no one's heard of (and that doesn't exist). eBay is the way to go. If there's a certain amount you want for something, make that your minimum and stick to it even if it takes forever to sell. You don't have to start at $.99 and hope for best.

Agreed you might take a hit but exposure is crazy

D Piddy 1982
10-29-2014, 08:32 AM
Hmm, I guess you guys (and gals) are right. Just start at the price I want and percivere (sp?).

One of those things where I believe the item is pretty rare so it's not as if anyone would be searching for it on a weekly or even monthly basis as I don't believe there are any around. That often.

Discogod
10-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Hmm, I guess you guys (and gals) are right. Just start at the price I want and percivere (sp?).

One of those things where I believe the item is pretty rare so it's not as if anyone would be searching for it on a weekly or even monthly basis as I don't believe there are any around. That often.

It's still worth a try, no matter how rare you might think it is. For example, I collect basketball jerseys, and have been looking for a specific example for around 16 years. In that time, I've seen just 1 on ebay (which I missed at the last second) - but it doesn't stop me from searching at least once a week, just in case.

What exactly are you looking to sell?

Waytocheesy
10-29-2014, 04:17 PM
It's still worth a try, no matter how rare you might think it is. For example, I collect basketball jerseys, and have been looking for a specific example for around 16 years. In that time, I've seen just 1 on ebay (which I missed at the last second) - but it doesn't stop me from searching at least once a week, just in case.

What exactly are you looking to sell?

Amen to that I have a list and I check everyday to weekly :)

D Piddy 1982
10-30-2014, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I guess you guys are absolutely right. It's all about the seller (me) having a bit of perseverance I guess! And just keep re listing until someone comes along who is willing to pay the asking price.

Discogod, FYI it's a set of boxed Samurai Pizza Cats figures. 5 in total: Speedy, Guido, Polly, Meowsma O Tool and Bat Cat. Not the complete collection, but very close. I obtained them all individually over the years off eBay. I'm not sure if I actually want to sell them, but they're just stuck in the loft at my parents house so it's something I'm contemplating. To be honest I have no idea on the value, but I would put a nearly complete collection of these figs at around the 100 or just over mark?