PDA

View Full Version : Funko pop collectors?

Waytocheesy
10-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Anyone else on here got themselves a bit of a collection going?

GoGreenMachine2014
10-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Anyone else on here got themselves a bit of a collection going?

Yeah I have 13 as of now: MMPR Red White Pink Sharknado Agent Colson Peter Venkman Slimer TMNT April O'Neil Age Of Extinction Optimus Prime Marty McFly Doc Brown, Logan Alien

What you got?

PangolinFeets
10-30-2014, 12:38 AM
I only go for TMNT Funkos. I have the turtles, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Shredder. I get the appeal, but I'm not nuts about them.

pandaderek
10-30-2014, 01:56 AM
I'm content with my seven Pop figures...all the hip hop artist ones. There's a number gap between Pop Rocks 16 and 18. My guess, is that 17 was supposed to be Snoop Dogg.

raph27
10-30-2014, 08:02 AM
I'm a huge fan of Pops. Currently have 12: burnt Stay Puft, Peter Venkman, Elsa, clear plastic Anna, Foot Soldier, Green Lantern, Jase, Phil, and all the GOTG except Groot. And on order I have Baby Groot, clear Bilbo Baggins, and some SDCC Ghostbusters exclusives. I really like Pops. Unfortunately this is not the majority of the board's opinion but oh well.

Brodie
10-30-2014, 05:39 PM
I've curbed my collecting of them quite a bit. My girlfriend and I have a decent collection, 63 or so. Mostly comic or disney themed, with a few cartoon/movie ones.

I really need to finish the Ghostbusters set, and get the DBZ ones.

BlueKatanas
10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Just got my first one yesterday: Michelangelo w/ the Party Wagon. My Wife has Adam west Batman w/batmobile. And come to think of it, we have the yeti from the old rudolph cartoon, but he only comes out with the christmas decorations.

Now that I have Mikey I really want the rest of the TMNT set. Hopefully won't get too hooked on pop vinyl as I already have quite a few collections going..but I've always liked the little buggers.

Zulithe
10-31-2014, 02:30 PM
I collect LEGO, 6" action figures (including a lot of Japanese stuff) and TMNT figures. I don't expand too much out of there. I have like 3 POP figures. The most recent one is the 6" nurse baymax which is an amazon.com exclusive. It was on pre-order for 9.99 but they later upped the price to 19.99... but since i pre-ordered i got to keep the 9.99 price.

Honestly... it's not worth $20, hell no. Even for $10 it's barely worth it. I mostly only kept the pre-order because it was an exclusive and I am really excited about the film. As a figure on its own though? it's pretty bleh.

Just not a big fan of the look of POP figures. That said... I have two more on pre-order... Howard the Duck and Dancing Groot. Main reason I ordered those is because there are no action figure versions of those. I have the Marvel Legends build-a-figure Groot which I LOVE however I also wanted a dancing groot...

However, the company that makes POP (Funko) also has a 6" articulated action figure line. They do Game of Thrones and now Magic the Gathering figures. I only collect the GoT figs but I really enjoy those.

I understand why people collect POP, some people may enjoy the stylized look. Some people may like the collectibility factor and also the fact you can buy them just about anywhere, and it can be fun to hunt down some of the retailer exclusive ones. But for my money, i'd rather put the money towards something that has an appearance I am more interested in looking at. Usually something that looks a bit more like the character. For stylized stuff I have LEGO. I am happy with that choice. By collecting both LEGO and "adult collector" figures I get both worlds: stylized + slightly more realistic looking figures. LEGO already has me covered, POP has little use in my collection.

atreyu2112
11-03-2014, 10:48 PM
I collect Pop! figures for sure. I have close to 80 now. I am selective on some lines & completest on others. I have all the TMNT except the Party Wagon (which I don't think I'm going to get). All Guardians of the Galaxy and some other Marvel ones. Mostly 90s era X-men. Star Wars, but I don't get all of them. Hobbit & LotR (yes, I have Sauron), and I will get ALL of them. I also have a couple He-Man.

What I am looking forward to that's actually coming soon:

Hobbit Smaug, Tauriel & Golden Smaug
GotG Baby Groot, Thanos, Ronan, Yondu & Nebula (confirmed for wave 2)
X-Men upcoming wave (Magneto, Prof. X, Cyclops, Colosus, Storm & Mystique)

I'm really hoping for more Lord of the Rings, TMNT & He-Man.

As for TMNT, it would be great to get Casey Jones, Kraang, Baxter Stockman, Metalhead, and some other colored Foot Soldiers (like from the arcade game... red, yellow, white)

LotR... the Fellowship, Ringwraith, Witch-King (armored), GiD Twilight Witch-King, Saruman, Lurtz, 6-inch Balrog, 6-inch Treebeard, Theoden, Eomer, Eowyn (armored), Faramir (ranger), Elrond, Galadriel, Arwen (grey flight to the ford), Grima, Gothmog, Guritz & GiD King of the Dead .... hahahaha

Hobbit... Balin, Dwalin, Kili, Fili, Bard & Dain. The rest are listed above, so weather they're in Hobbit or LotR packaging doesn't matter to me.

He-Man... Man-At-Arms, Teela, Zodak (black), Beast Man, Trap Jaw, Mer-Man, Evil Lyn & Tri-Clops. I really only want the main core characters.

Just my 2 cents! :trazz:

Nameless
12-11-2014, 06:36 PM
i just have the Turtle ones... i have seen the display stands at expo's for these things and thought to myself that this would be a crazy thing to try and collect.

lol like i mean they come out with new things everyday it seems and to get them all you would need a room to just stack them in haha. my turtle collection i can at least still fit on a few shelves :D

psychturtle
12-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Amazon was having lightning deals on these earlier for $6 for those who collect tmnt funkos.

Vundi
12-15-2014, 01:11 AM
I think I've got about 2 dozen of them. I usually only get the ones that compliment other figures I own but I'll ocacsionally pick up ones that I just think are awesome like the Freddy and Jason ones. Ash from Evil Dead. Slimer. The Crow. But most of them are Marvel or TMNT related.

Donatello19
12-16-2014, 02:11 PM
I've got a few. For TMNT I have the basic Raph and the Turtle Van with the Mikey variant. I have Hiro, Fred and Baymax from Big Hero 6. I've also got Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, sorcerer's apprentice Mickey, and Olaf. Oh, and I've got Gru and the minions from Despicable Me.

Raph's Girl
12-17-2014, 12:02 AM
I mostly have MLP FIM ones.

Of the regular size ones I have
Raphael
Doctor Whooves
Apple Jack
Big Mac

And then there's the mini's of which I have:
5th Doctor
Dark Doctor Whooves
Dark Apple Jack
Dark Big Mac
Dark and Regular Trixie
Dark Rainbow Dash
Discord
Dark Daring Do
Dark Pinkie Pie
Dark Lyra
Dark BonBon
Nebula
Ronan the Accuser

Master Splinter
12-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Yup I collect Funko Pops. So far I have...

Harley Quinn
Jimmie from Pulp Fiction
Hulk
TMNT Amazon Exclusive
Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
April
Splinter
Foot Solider
V for Vendetta
Roger Rabbit
Jessica Rabbit
A Christmas Story Ralphie in Bunny Suit
Slimer
DJ Pon3

I believe that's it, but I'm not looking at my shelf right now...

-ms

Donatello19
12-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Roger Rabbit
Jessica Rabbit

Lucky! I've been looking everywhere for those two.

therealdon
02-21-2015, 08:12 PM
My son is collecting them.

Shredder
Splinter
Donatello
Michelangelo
Raphael
Leonardo
Slimer
StayPuft Marshmallow Man
Hulk
Wolverine
Robin
Spiderman
Harley Quinn
Batman Beyond
Batman
Batman Unmasked
Earth 2 Batman
Rocket Racoon
X-Men Deadpool
Kobe Bryant
Superman
Superboy
Bizarro
Elsa
Sven
Nemo

Batman in Batmobile
Michelangelo in Party Wagon

I may be forgetting some. :/

Creativemind
02-21-2015, 08:31 PM
I have a Batman and Frankenstein one that came with my Nerd block subscription.

Autbot_Benz
02-22-2015, 02:23 PM
I don't collect pop funko Vinyls as I don't like how they are just bricks with no articulation. I collect the Titan Vinyl 3 inch doctor who figures.

I got 1st doctor 3rd doctor and 6th doctor in 5th doctor's attire.

turtlefanforever
02-22-2015, 05:39 PM
All tmnt though
3 Funko rides Turtle vans
Funko Hikari Pizza Power mikey
funko Mystery mini casey jones and bebop
3 funko pop Aprils
Funko pop Foot solider
Funko pop Splinter

raph27
02-22-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't collect pop funko Vinyls as I don't like how they are just bricks with no articulation. I collect the Titan Vinyl 3 inch doctor who figures.

I got 1st doctor 3rd doctor and 6th doctor in 5th doctor's attire.

1. They have swivel heads.
2. Funko just showed off their new Doctor Who line. :P

Zulithe
02-25-2015, 06:45 AM
i decided to get the cthulhu one that just got released. i'm still very lukewarm to the style of a lot of these POP figures but every so often i'll see one I like.

Powder
02-25-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of this line. I think the bodies & other design aesthetics are very cute, but I hate the black, soulless eyes, the frequent lack of facial features, & (when it doesn't suit the character) the marshmellow shaped heads.

That being said, I think some of them (the ones that deviate from the standard Pop! design or benefit from the black eyes [like Adventure Time characters]) can be really really cool. Bebop, for example, he's got his shades on, so you don't even see the eyes. He just looks like a stellar vinyl figure.

Anyway, the only one of these I have is Leonardo, & that's because it was gifted to me. I don't think I'd have sought out any of them or bought one on impulse. Except for Bebop, who I will eventually get.

TheCanadiandrome
02-25-2015, 05:02 PM
so far all i have is a Hollywood Hogan from my WWE 2K15 game