PDA

View Full Version : How old are the characters in IDW?

neatoman
11-01-2014, 02:33 PM
So how old are the characters?

From youngest to oldest, my guess is:
Metalhead, 5-40 weeks.
Most of the animal characters (ignoring reincarnation), less than 6 years.
Angel, 16-20.
Casey, April, Karai and Lindsey, 18-23.
Bebop and Rocksteady, 25-38.
Hun and Brooklyn, 40-50.
Baxter and April's parents, 45-55.
Harold, 55-65.
Shredder, I forgot the century in which he was born, assuming it's the 1500's he's at least 500, give or take a century.
Kitsune, Rat King and Chi-You, Shredders age plus at least 200, probably way older.
Krang, ignoring that time might not pass the same way in Dimension X, millions of years old.

I don't even want to guess about the other alien characters, because that's too difficult.

CyberCubed
11-01-2014, 02:35 PM
April/Casey are probably around 20-21.

ToTheNines
11-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Karai has to be way older than April and Casey.

Joey Kamikaze
11-01-2014, 03:40 PM
I'd place April, Casey and Angel in the 18-22 range. They're college aged kids. Karai strikes me as probably mid to late 20's if not older. Lindsey is well into her career and could be in her 30's or 40's if not older.

CyberCubed
11-01-2014, 04:49 PM
I'd place April, Casey and Angel in the 18-22 range. They're college aged kids. Karai strikes me as probably mid to late 20's if not older. Lindsey is well into her career and could be in her 30's or 40's if not older.

I can see Karai being around 28 or her early 30's.

ProphetofGanja
11-01-2014, 05:02 PM
So how old are the characters?

From youngest to oldest, my guess is:
Metalhead, a 5-40 weeks.
Most of the animal characters (ignoring reinarnation), less than 6 years.
Angel, 16-20.
Casey, April, Karai and Lindsey, 18-23.
Bebop and Rocksteady, 25-38.
Hun and Brooklyn, 40-50.
Baxter and April's parents, 45-55.
Harold, 55-65.
Shredder, I forgot the century in which he was born, assuming it's the 1500's he's at least 500, give or take a century.
Kitsune, Rat King and Chi-You, Shredders age plus at least 200, probably way older.
Krang, ignoring that time might not pass the same way in Dimension X, millions of years old.

I don't even want to guess about the other alien characters, because that's too difficult.

I'd guess that Hob is probably the oldest mutant character, considering he was a relatively well cared for pet cat before he was thrown out, and cats have relatively long lifespans compared to the other animals that have been mutated so far. Foxes live about five years in the wild, so Alopex could be near that age but most likely no, she was probably mutated at a young age. I haven't read the early issues in a while but if I recall correctly aren't the Turtles only like 2, 3 years old tops? They were pretty much baby sea turtles when they were mutated and not that much time has passed in the series, relatively speaking.

the Mystical Family is probably like thousands of years old, older than some civilizations

why would Krang be millions of years old???

neatoman
11-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I'd guess that Hob is probably the oldest mutant character, considering he was a relatively well cared for pet cat before he was thrown out, and cats have relatively long lifespans compared to the other animals that have been mutated so far. Foxes live about five years in the wild, so Alopex could be near that age but most likely no, she was probably mutated at a young age. I haven't read the early issues in a while but if I recall correctly aren't the Turtles only like 2, 3 years old tops? They were pretty much baby sea turtles when they were mutated and not that much time has passed in the series, relatively speaking.

the Mystical Family is probably like thousands of years old, older than some civilizations

why would Krang be millions of years old???

His father Quanin was alive during the dinosaur age and did not die until a fairly recent point in time. Of course, Krang lives in another dimension so time might pass slower there.

Tazi
11-01-2014, 05:14 PM
What I wonder is how Leatherhead survives so long? :roll:

ProphetofGanja
11-01-2014, 05:17 PM
His father Quanin was alive during the dinosaur age and did not die until a fairly recent point in time. Of course, Krang lives in another dimension so time might pass slower there.

I guess time could pass at a different rate in Dimension X but I'd always just assumed their technology was so advanced they could travel to any point on Earth's timeline

ProphetofGanja
11-01-2014, 05:18 PM

ooze?

I've been wondering if he's basically going to be a three hundred year old mutant alligator pirate when he finally appears

neatoman
11-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I guess time could pass at a different rate in Dimension X but I'd always just assumed their technology was so advanced they could travel to any point on Earth's timeline

If that was the case, why do they seem to only interact with earth in a chronological order? Do they not want to risk paradoxes or something?

neatoman
11-01-2014, 05:27 PM

Time travel? Mutation? Procreation? Hibernation? Red herring?

Tazi
11-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Ooze provides immortality, and basically the Utroms lived on a planet full of that stuff. I'm pretty sure they can't travel time.

ooze?

I've been wondering if he's basically going to be a three hundred year old mutant alligator pirate when he finally appears
Yeah, but how, for what reason? Is this version of Leatherhead will be one of Krang's soldiers and a villain to the turtles? Or the captive of Krang?
I just don't see it yet why would anyone provide him Ooze.

ProphetofGanja
11-01-2014, 05:39 PM
if that was the case, why do they seem to only interact with earth in a chronological order? Do they not want to risk paradoxes or something?

... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ProphetofGanja
11-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Ooze provides immortality, and basically the Utroms lived on a planet full of that stuff. I'm pretty sure they can't travel time.

Yeah, but how, for what reason? Is this version of Leatherhead will be one of Krang's soldiers and a villain to the turtles? Or the captive of Krang?
I just don't see it yet why would anyone provide him Ooze.

I don't think anyone really intended to provide him with it, remember TiT #3? The good pirates' threw the ooze from Krang's wrecked headquarters into a swamp on Burnow Island, where an alligator ended up swimming around in it

Tazi
11-01-2014, 06:05 PM
But that was actually mutagen, I think Bobby actually confirmed it back in the TiT#3 topic. Unless they aslo dumped Ooze into the swamp... Or mutagen has life-extending features too.

ProphetofGanja
11-01-2014, 08:03 PM
But that was actually mutagen, I think Bobby actually confirmed it back in the TiT#3 topic. Unless they aslo dumped Ooze into the swamp... Or mutagen has life-extending features too.

Oh damn, I always get those confused

Icegaze
11-17-2014, 04:57 PM
In my humble opinion:

Angel: 20-22.
Casey and April: 19-21.
Karai and Lindsey: 27-32.
Bebop and Rocksteady: 33-35.
Baxter: 38-42
Hun and Brooklyn: 40-45.
April's parents: 45-50.
Harold: 55-60.

Turtle Park
11-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Oh damn, I always get those confused

Wait, didn't the ooze and mutagen are the same?
I thought it has different name in different world(Like in Earth we call it mutagen, in dimension X they call it ooze)
Or I just get confused too:???:

coreyrc87
11-18-2014, 09:38 AM
I thought it has different name in different world(Like in Earth we call it mutagen, in dimension X they call it ooze)

Ooze is the raw material that mutagen is made from. Or at least that's how I understand it —I'm sure someone will correct me if not.

Candy Kappa
11-18-2014, 09:45 AM

iirc, Ooze have a regenerative ability, which you need as a compound for; when mutating subjects. Or else the mutation is too violent and most likely would kill the subject.