PDA

View Full Version : They made Turtle Titan a jerk in later seasons

TurtleFan2012
11-06-2014, 05:23 PM
I like Mikey's persona in "Unconvincing Turtle Titan", but in TMNTFF and BTTS, he becomes this childish egotistical teen. His wounded ego almost got people and himself killed. He does have his heroic moments, but he doesn't change his ways. Remember the TMNTFF episode where Turtle Titan thought Silver Sentry's grandson was stealing his thunder? What made me roll my eyes was when Mikey removed the guy's jet pack while he was in mid-air.

Jester
11-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Does make you wonder if the writers didn't like the Turtle Titan persona. The first appearance was great...and in the end he realized he didn't need it. Maybe the writers felt going back to the well after pretty much going full circle with the Titan was pointless and so they made Mikey a total fool.

*shrugs* Dunna. It does however contribute to my dislike for Mikey as the series went on.

oldmanwinters
11-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Does make you wonder if the writers didn't like the Turtle Titan persona. The first appearance was great...and in the end he realized he didn't need it. Maybe the writers felt going back to the well after pretty much going full circle with the Titan was pointless and so they made Mikey a total fool.

*shrugs* Dunna. It does however contribute to my dislike for Mikey as the series went on.

Yeah, the debut episode worked so well because it wrapped up the arc neatly and should have been a great character development moment for Mikey. The Peter Laird interview on the original DVD release reflects that as well (Superheroes exist in the Turtles' world, but the Turtles are NOT superheroes). Sadly... the writers just couldn't help themselves.

Jephael
11-06-2014, 10:11 PM
It was a children's cartoon show that aired on Saturday mornings. What did you expect?

TurtleFan2012
11-06-2014, 11:06 PM
It was a children's cartoon show that aired on Saturday mornings. What did you expect?

Thing is, the good guys in children's cartoons should learn valuable lessons. If a main character is acting almost like a villain in later appearances, it makes him unlikable (or at least his super hero persona).

If the original 6 Power Rangers were spoiled brats with no redemption, would you have keep watching as a kid?

Jephael
11-06-2014, 11:28 PM
If the original 6 Power Rangers were spoiled brats with no redemption, would you have keep watching as a kid?

To be honest I kinda wish they had acted a little more like teens. They were way too unrealistically well behaved. Hell, even Clark Kent made some waves in Smallville High.

neatoman
11-13-2014, 04:01 AM
The Turtle Titan is a really stupid concept but like the concept for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in general, it's intentionally stupid.

What? The whiny and underachieving little brat's superhero persona turns out to be jerky glory hog? What are the odds?

Netkeeper
11-13-2014, 09:07 AM
What? The whiny and underachieving little brat's superhero persona turns out to be jerky glory hog? What are the odds?
Underachieving? UNDERACHIEVING?

Ex-cuse me, Mr Neatoman! Mikey was the BATTLE. NEXUS. CHAMPION!

http://i.imgur.com/giohopg.gif

MsMarvelDuckie
11-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Heh, touché. I was actually glad he won- because of the reactions of his brothers, and how it knocked Raph down a few pegs. It DID get a bit old when he kept rubbing it in, but when it's basically all you've got going for you, I guess a lot of people would probably do the same thing. He deserved it. I was kind of heartbroken for him when Karai busted into the lair and one of the first things that got destroyed was his trophy. That sucked. His ONE big accomplishment (aside from being part of the Justice Force) and the only real reminder had to get destroyed.

TurtleFan2012
11-13-2014, 02:29 PM
You guys ever notice he doesn't become Turtle Titan when he's facing serious villains like Utrom Shredder? He only does it in comical episodes. :P

Just imagine Mikey going into a telephone booth during their first battle with Ch'rell. :lol: