PDA

View Full Version : If we had gotten a sequel to the 2k7 movie...

pennydreadful
11-06-2014, 08:01 PM
What would you have liked to see in it? All we really have to go on is that one poster that got leaked for the sequel, so for the purposes of this thread, let's play pretend and imagine that anything could've happened in the sequel.

Leo and Raph will never stop butting heads - do you think they'd still have major disagreements over leadership/following? Or other issues?

Do you think that boys would've started doing more vigilante work/patrolling on a regular basis?

They were hinting pretty heavily at bringing Shredder back - is this something you would've liked to see, or would you have wanted something different?

Donnie and Mikey got pretty short shrift in the 2k7 flick - would you have liked to see them deal with their own personal struggles in a sequel (and if yes, what), or would you have been happy with them just getting get more screen time?

Discuss. :tsmile:

Coola Yagami
11-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Well it was apparently gonna be the Mikey movie and seeing how he will turn his de-mutated brothers back to normal. I do like the concept of Shredder returning and the others being normal turtles. It's a big burden to toss onto Mikey's shoulders. I just hope his goofy humor wouldn't wear itself thin too fast, but it would more than make up for him having a bit part in the first one.

chrisdude
11-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I never figured that poster was legit. Kevin Monroe said he'd planned to have Mikey feel rejected and join The Foot.

Jephael
11-06-2014, 09:42 PM
It's too bad we'll never know what might've been. I would've loved to see them somehow bring in Leatherhead.

pennydreadful
11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Could we handle a whole movie with mostly just Mikey though? It's nice when the guys have their own special episodes, but a whole movie without the brother dynamic might be hard.

Mikey joining The Foot would be very dark; I'd be interested to see how they'd work that as he's the last brother I'd imagine doing that.

chrisdude
11-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Mikey joining The Foot would be very dark; I'd be interested to see how they'd work that as he's the last brother I'd imagine doing that.Yeah. I wondered what they would use to push him there...

Leo656
11-06-2014, 10:17 PM
They definitely would (and should) have brought Shredder back. I'm pretty sure that if Shredder was in the 2007 movie, even if 99% of the rest of the movie was the same, it would have done twice as well, just because it was more familiar, more consistent with what people remember and expect. Having April, Casey, and Karai, but having none of them act in any way consistent or familiar with their contemporary portrayals in the 2K3 series OR the live-action films, did the film no favors. For better or worse, I think Shredder is more or less a necessity for a TMNT movie. People mostly know the cartoons, so any film version where Shredder isn't the main villain is going to feel like something is "missing", no matter who they replace him with.

Where they went from there is anyone's guess. I'm just 99% sure Shredder would have been in it.

Powder
11-06-2014, 11:29 PM
I think the TMNT universe would have been a good fit for Savanti Romero. So I guess I'd have liked to see a tale with him, even if it were just an adaption of one of his Mirage appearances. The actual proposed sequel had potential, but I dunno if I could stand having nothing more than goofy Mikey for a whole flick.

ProactiveMan
11-07-2014, 02:11 AM
I think the TMNT universe would have been a good fit for Savanti Romero. So I guess I'd have liked to see a tale with him, even if it were just an adaption of one of his Mirage appearances. The actual proposed sequel had potential, but I dunno if I could stand having nothing more than goofy Mikey for a whole flick.

Yeah, I think that if you're making an animated movie you may as well take the opportunity to do something fantastical. Maybe do a Savanti Romero story, or Renet, or a Tricereton space adventure. Doing an ordinary Foot vs Turtles story would seem like a waste to me.

neatoman
11-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I don't have a source, but I think the concept for the sequel was to have all the turtles and Splinter except for Mikey to demutate and then the rest of the movie would be Mikey trying to remutate them.

Kind of a lackluster concept in my opinion...

pingclang
11-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Answering what the OP asked, since TMNT went in a more sci-fi direction, I would have liked a sequel in a street level, grounded setting. Something seriously bad happening on the streets and the Turtles getting pulled along. With the style of that setting, a street story would have been dark and really fun to watch.

Redeemer
11-08-2014, 12:31 AM
^^^^^ This actually sounds better than what we got in the last movie..... I was so psyched for the sequel, but everyone knows what happened next.

pingclang
11-10-2014, 09:59 AM
^^^^^ This actually sounds better than what we got in the last movie..... I was so psyched for the sequel, but everyone knows what happened next.

It sucks we didn't get a sequel since there was so much potential there but too late now. I like to think that if it had happened we would have got a street story since they hinted at Shredder. Such a loss.

Redeemer
11-10-2014, 10:09 AM
It sucks we didn't get a sequel since there was so much potential there but too late now. I like to think that if it had happened we would have got a street story since they hinted at Shredder. Such a loss.

Yeah that would have been awesome.
But look at the positive we now have a new hit cartoon, A couple of new comic book series, toy line etc..... Even though we did not get the movie we got so much more and lets face it. We do not know how good this movie would have been.

snake
11-10-2014, 10:35 AM
I would've loved a sequel. Was it confirmed that Shredder would be brought back?

Shred87
11-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Does someone have a copy of the teaser photo mentioned for this?

pingclang
11-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah that would have been awesome.
But look at the positive we now have a new hit cartoon, A couple of new comic book series, toy line etc..... Even though we did not get the movie we got so much more and lets face it. We do not know how good this movie would have been.

That's true. We're being spoiled right now. Most of the material coming out has been good since 07.

I would've loved a sequel. Was it confirmed that Shredder would be brought back?

I don't know if it was, the ending of TMNT suggested but nothing confirmed.

pennydreadful
11-10-2014, 04:35 PM

It wasn't confirmed but I felt that they were hinting pretty heavily at it in the 2007 movie; some of Karai's dialogue towards the end definitely could've been interpreted that way (IMO).

Sabacooza
11-10-2014, 05:16 PM
This is from A Kevin Munroe article

"Munroe already had the blueprints in place for future films. TMNT 2 would have loosely adapted the Turtles’ 13-part comic book saga City At War: Michelangelo feels like the “odd man out” among his brothers, not being taken seriously. With the best of intentions, the character runs away and joins the Foot Clan, donning a black bandana. Meanwhile, the Turtles travel to Japan and cross paths with Karai in an adventure resulting in the return of their arch nemesis, Shredder. (Fans hoping for the return of Bebop and Rocksteady would have been out of luck. As with the ’90s live-action movies, the legal rights to use Shredder’s most famous minions were not part of the package.)

TMNT 3 would have featured the Triceratons as well as the Technodrome’s arrival from Dimension X, with Donatello being a catalyst for these events."

Source
http://animatedviews.com/2014/director-kevin-munroe-revisits-imagis-tmnt-franchise/

I would've loved to see at least two more films based in this universe but alas, it wasn't meant to be.:cry:

Xiewin
11-10-2014, 05:19 PM

"Munroe already had the blueprints in place for future films. TMNT 2 would have loosely adapted the Turtles’ 13-part comic book saga City At War: Michelangelo feels like the “odd man out” among his brothers, not being taken seriously. With the best of intentions, the character runs away and joins the Foot Clan, donning a black bandana. Meanwhile, the Turtles travel to Japan and cross paths with Karai in an adventure resulting in the return of their arch nemesis, Shredder. (Fans hoping for the return of Bebop and Rocksteady would have been out of luck. As with the ’90s live-action movies, the legal rights to use Shredder’s most famous minions were not part of the package.)

TMNT 3 would have featured the Triceratons as well as the Technodrome’s arrival from Dimension X, with Donatello being a catalyst for these events."

Source
http://animatedviews.com/2014/director-kevin-munroe-revisits-imagis-tmnt-franchise/

I would've loved to see at least two more films based in this universe but alas, it wasn't meant to be.:cry:

ughh, I can't believe we could've gotten something like this.

TurtleTitan97
11-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Heck yeah I would have seen it! It would most certainly have been better than what we ended up with...

pennydreadful
11-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I still feel like Mikey being in the Foot would've been very OOC, but man, seeing the Triceratons would've been radical...

pingclang
11-11-2014, 08:37 AM

Source

Wow...just, wow. That could have been amazing.

massakre
11-11-2014, 12:34 PM
smh.. what could've been..

Xav
11-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Does someone have a copy of the teaser photo mentioned for this?http://36.media.tumblr.com/1c5167f56542865fc8eefcbce993e301/tumblr_mw6u8wmEe71rsgxdxo1_500.jpg

Coola Yagami
11-30-2014, 10:41 AM
http://36.media.tumblr.com/1c5167f56542865fc8eefcbce993e301/tumblr_mw6u8wmEe71rsgxdxo1_500.jpg

I think it woulda been awesome if the movie was more like 'mikey steps up, gets serious and saves the day' and not 'dumbass mikey slips up and somehow accidentally saves the day'. Plus the movie should be long enough to have enough of the turtles before and after. Besides with all the Raph movies a mikey movie would have been a HUGE change by now.

snake
11-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Can this movie be placed in the original movie universe? I mean, it's completly possible.

Powder
11-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Besides with all the Raph movies a mikey movie would have been a HUGE change by now.

Movie 3 is a Mikey movie. If any turtle's the star, it's no doubt him. He gets his own storyline, he gets all the character development, mostly, a love interest, etc.

Can this movie be placed in the original movie universe? I mean, it's completly possible.

Technically, yes. While there's a lot going on that would have to be explained, to my knowledge there isn't anything that would contradict the events of movies past. They do have nods to them, after all, what with the trophy shelf & all. I've not read all of the 2007 prequel comics though, so they might make the film being in continuity with the others an impossibility.

Coola Yagami
11-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Movie 3 is a Mikey movie. If any turtle's the star, it's no doubt him. He gets his own storyline, he gets all the character development, mostly, a love interest, etc.

You're right. Forgot about that one. And mikey did a good job, back in the day when mikey was just the fun-loving adorable one that used surfer slang.... But wasn't the mindless idiot that screws things up like we have now.

Xav
12-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Technically, yes. While there's a lot going on that would have to be explained, to my knowledge there isn't anything that would contradict the events of movies past. They do have nods to them, after all, what with the trophy shelf & all. I've not read all of the 2007 prequel comics though, so they might make the film being in continuity with the others an impossibility.Well there is Splinter's ear, and while meant to tie into the other films a lot of stuff on the trophy shelf doesn't really make sense.

Powder
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
That's because a bunch of stuff happens between films, obviously. :trazz:

The Turtle Terminator
12-04-2014, 12:48 AM
...It'd be much better that the Liebsman one.

turtlefanforever
12-05-2014, 07:58 PM
if shredder comes back I'd like to see Kazou Saki from the original series episode 'My Brother, The Bad Guy' come in. Shredder having a good brother could be a great angle to work and him coming in and helping Mikey seems plausible. Maybe they are both going after him and run into each other a battle ensues and they scream something like "I must stop shredder" and then they realize they are on the same side here and team up.

tmntpower2k14
12-08-2014, 01:36 AM
http://36.media.tumblr.com/1c5167f56542865fc8eefcbce993e301/tumblr_mw6u8wmEe71rsgxdxo1_500.jpg
Wait, is this legit?

I hated TMNT 2007, from the characterizations of the turtles, to the gecko like designs, to the voices, especially the plot and villains ... but this looks genuinely interesting. Any other info on the possible plot for TMNT 2?

think it woulda been awesome if the movie was more like 'mikey steps up, gets serious and saves the day'
Co-sign, that would've been unique.

Hannurdock
12-08-2014, 01:42 AM
I would have loved to see the Shredder back again. Gone back to a more city in peril from ordinary bad guys theme, than having monsters.

Xav
12-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Any other info on the possible plot for TMNT 2?Just what Kevin Munroe said. Michelangelo joins the Foot Clan, the Turtles travel to Japan and cross paths with Karai, and Shredder returns.

tmntpower2k14
12-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Just what Kevin Munroe said. Michelangelo joins the Foot Clan, the Turtles travel to Japan and cross paths with Karai, and Shredder returns.

Sounds cool. Was that poster legit though? I never remember seeing it in theaters.

Sabacooza
12-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Sounds cool. Was that poster legit though? I never remember seeing it in theaters.I don't think so. I believe Imagi did it up as a gift to Laird.

Chris
12-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Not sure on Mikey joining the Foot but the rest all sounds good. Shame it didn't happen.

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
12-09-2014, 04:08 PM
I really did think 2007 was a new series... Still wish it were so... even if the Patrick Stewart card was already played on a weak ass character. BUT I do feel it paved the way for the voice of the current Nick Shredder.