PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons-futurama crossover tonight on fox

turtlefanforever
11-09-2014, 03:43 PM
who's watching?

Redeemer
11-09-2014, 04:32 PM
My Two of my favorite comedies crossing over!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!!!
Favorite animation comedies in order as follows 1.Futurama,2. American Dad,3.Simpsons.

TonySiegel
11-09-2014, 04:39 PM
might check this out... will be my first time in a while watching a simpsons episode live...

CyberCubed
11-09-2014, 06:39 PM
I really liked it. Fry didn't get many lines which was somewhat disappointing.

So is Futurama now literally the canon future of The Simpsons? This episode pretty much implied they're the same universe.

turtlefanforever
11-09-2014, 06:40 PM
wasn't bad but wasn't anything special either. That's what u get with a half hour special though.

CyberCubed
11-09-2014, 06:42 PM
It was quite funny and a good episode all around. It should have been 1 hour but what can you do. Nice to see the Futurama cast again and it was a great episode of Simpsons.

Redeemer
11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
wasn't bad but wasn't anything special either. That's what u get with a half hour special though.

Agreed how can you fit two shows into a single half-hour????? Really????

But anyway Bender interaction with Maggie and Homer were awesome.
And as Cubed said I guess the simpsons world eventually turns into the futurama world.

turtlefanforever
11-09-2014, 08:37 PM
wish there was more Fry as well

Luckyday
11-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Seems funny how Bender had become the go-to guy for time travel.

Redeemer
11-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Seems funny how Bender had become the go-to guy for time travel.

Yeah I was actually shocked I figured they would use the time code to travel back.

CyberCubed
11-10-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm surprised Fry had so little lines. He was in the background way too much.

Was hoping to see some scenes between him and Homer.

Wildcat
11-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Gotta be honest not really a Futurama fan. I've seen it a few times over the years just didn't get into it.

Still this was a great episode. The reasoning for them meeting up was creative and all the jokes were good.

chrisdude
11-10-2014, 06:22 AM
I love Futurama. I've seen every episode. This is probably the third or fourth time I've seen The Simpsons. It was pretty funny.

And yeah, there was an easter egg from Fry's past that pretty much confirms this is their past. And that Fry worked in Springfield? Perhaps it's best not to think too much about this...

BubblyShell22
11-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Yeah, I saw Fry's dog there, and I gasped when I did. Definitely makes me think both worlds are the same. Loved Lisa's joke about Bender pretty much being just like Homer and how it's lazy writing. I agree that I wish there was more to it, but for what we got, it was pretty good.

Leo656
11-10-2014, 09:08 AM
I liked it for what it was but was very disappointed it was not a whole hour. It literally felt like they ran out of time.

Redeemer
11-10-2014, 10:14 AM
I love Futurama. I've seen every episode. This is probably the third or fourth time I've seen The Simpsons. It was pretty funny.

And yeah, there was an easter egg from Fry's past that pretty much confirms this is their past. And that Fry worked in Springfield? Perhaps it's best not to think too much about this...

Thats a big plot hole or something :lol:
Fry worked and lived in New York, not spring field. And in futurama the dog never leaves New York...... everyone knows what happens to him :cry:

Leo656
11-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Thats a big plot hole or something :lol:
Fry worked and lived in New York, not spring field. And in futurama the dog never leaves New York...... everyone knows what happens to him :cry:

My wife mentioned that as well.

Clearly, just supposed to be a cutesy gag, "let's throw in as many in-jokes as we can and see who catches them" kind of thing, rather than an establishment of "canon" or anything.

TheCanadiandrome
11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
overall i liked it alot! i hope there's more where that came from

TurtleTitan97
11-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm in agreement with what others have said. Good episode, but it felt pretty short.

I honestly preferred the comic book Furturama/Simpsons crossover.

BubblyShell22
11-10-2014, 04:12 PM
overall i liked it alot! i hope there's more where that came from

I feel that like the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover that this is a one shot deal with nothing else, but one never knows.

TheCanadiandrome
11-10-2014, 09:47 PM
well i thought it kinda hinted that they weren't done with these crossovers..or am I wrong?

BubblyShell22
11-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Well, in the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover, Meg said she wanted to come to Springfield again, and Peter said, "I'm pretty sure this is a one shot deal, Meg."

TheCanadiandrome
11-11-2014, 03:52 PM
yeah that i heard, but i'm talking during Sundays ep. I was sure i read across the bottom it said "we're not done"

turtlefanforever
11-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Well, in the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover, Meg said she wanted to come to Springfield again, and Peter said, "I'm pretty sure this is a one shot deal, Meg."

nope, that was Lois and Brian.

yeah that i heard, but i'm talking during Sundays ep. I was sure i read across the bottom it said "we're not done"

yeah, the end it said "We're not done with the mash-up"

TheCanadiandrome
11-11-2014, 04:02 PM
yeah, the end it said "We're not done with the mash-up"
ok, yeah i knew it

TheBlueTurtle1
11-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome ep. I wish Fry had a bigger role, apart from that I thought it was awesome.:D

turtlefanforever
11-12-2014, 09:10 AM
ok, yeah i knew it

but after that futurama simpsons intro homer says something along the lines of "ok now we're done" so I think it was just referring to that intro unfortunately but I would love to be proved wrong on this one

BubblyShell22
11-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah, it was referencing the mash-up at the end, but that was pretty cool how they did it.