PDA

View Full Version : Songs that hold personal Memories

Whatswiththeheadbands?
11-11-2014, 02:42 PM
What songs do you hear and they hold memories for you?

Wether it be good or bad memories, what songs hold memories for you?

Powder
11-11-2014, 02:50 PM
I associate Pink Floyd with my dad (who I never had a good relationship with, especially after he walked out) as it was one of the only things we shared, the ex I consider "the one who got away" as I listened to them excessively during that period, & my best friend who died because we had them on in the background allll the time. So I more or less can't listen to them without getting choked up at some point. Plus, my dog loves Pink Floyd. I remember I put on the Pulse DVD & he jumped off the couch & sat in front of the TV, watching it intently (which he had never done before & hasn't done since) before eventually falling into a deep sleep. He gets super mellow whenever I listen to them. When he passes, that'll be another notch on the PF makes me sad belt.

Numerous SNES soundtracks take me back to being 4 years old playing games on my parents' bed, be it with my mom or best friend. The console was actually hers, which is why it was in there. :tlol:

Sinatra's album In The Wee Small Hours was played heavily when I was going through my first serious crush, with someone who didn't love me back, so that's a bittersweet one. Still love it, though. & Rancid's ...And Out Come The Wolves was what got me through becoming a teenager & dealing with parents/teachers who can't quite understand your need to rebel. Black Sabbath's Paranoid was my first real introduction to music, took me away from Backstreet Boys & Now That's What I Call Music & brought me into a world of dope ass metal & punk. NWA's Niggaz4Life was what got me hardcore into hip-hop so it remains my favorite album of that genre.

Wesley
11-11-2014, 03:15 PM
I didn't pay much attention to music when I was younger, but I did listen to some video game soundtracks. I have good memories of hearing music from Sonic Adventure 2, Golden Sun, Crazy Taxi and Skies of Arcadia when I was playing those games as a teenager. I also remember hearing Avril Lavigne, Frank Sinatra, Kelly Clarkson and Kylie Minogue on the radio back then.

shuriken
11-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Survive by Rise Against.
I listened to it non-stop after a particularly painful breakup. I pretty much just listen to it as a picker upper whenever I feel overwhelmed or whatever.

Nubes by Caifanes
A Spanish rock song that brings me back to summer of 99'. Lots of good things happened that year and this song (it was made in 92') just reminds me of it cuz we listened to it on a trip to Great America with family.
Behind the Wheel by Depeche Mode
Just a good song that my girlfriend and I both really like, whenever I hear it I think of her.

pennydreadful
11-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Closing Time by Semisonic and Time of Your Life by Green Day - both bad memories and songs I can't stand listening to for that reason. Reminds me of my highschool graduation and that wasn't a particularly pleasant period in my life.

There are a lot of songs from when the bae and I first got together that I consider to be pretty personal, but going into detail would probably just be boring to read and overly sentimental. :lol:

Zarana-X
12-02-2014, 04:53 PM
"Something I Can Never Have" by Nine Inch Nails, reminds me of the first girl I fell in love with...:tcry:

"How the Gods Kill" by Danzig, reminds me of my first Fiance...:tcry:

"Self Esteem" by The Offspring, reminds me of a girl that used me for emotional support and affection. She had a boyfriend she was going to leave, but...:tmad:

"Closer" by Nine Inch Nails, reminds me about getting involved with a girl that had a crush on me for a few years, but she was into some hard drugs, and I didn't want to deal with that aspect.:ohwell:

Prowler
12-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Can't really think of a song that reminds me of anything in specific. Obviously I associate certain songs and tracks to certain times of my life such as childhood, teenage years, etc. But I cannot think of a song that reminds me of a certain event.

I notice that many people associate songs to certain people, as in friends and exes. I guess I'm on the minority in this case.

Slade
12-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I have 2 songs that I associate with this one girl..that's about it.

Wait, no. Actually, Love The Way You Lie. That's me and my ol' lady now.

Brooke507
12-06-2014, 09:41 PM
The song Dancing Queen by Abba has a lot of great memories for me. My parents introduced me to their music and I love this song a lot. When me and my cousins were growing up, we loved to take road trips and camping trips, and sometimes we would play the Abba Gold album with Abba's greatest hits. Abba's a great music group.