PDA

View Full Version : [Question] if ok post old thread?

raphmike
11-21-2014, 08:58 PM
i just wonder if i can post old thread from past year ago that people not use? some other forum rule not allow post old thread and here not say rule about
that why i ask anyone before i post.

Powder
11-21-2014, 09:17 PM
It's fine as long as the topic or post you quote is still relevant. If you quote a user who hasn't been here in 3 years to say you like their avatar, you'll get flamed, but if you want to continue a once lively discussion it's typically okay.

raphmike
11-21-2014, 09:28 PM
It's fine as long as the topic or post you quote is still relevant. If you quote a user who hasn't been here in 3 years to say you like their avatar, you'll get flamed, but if you want to continue a once lively discussion it's typically okay.

ok i understand thank for tell me. :)

IndigoErth
11-21-2014, 09:48 PM
:thumbsup:

Glad you asked :), had wondered myself. Hard to guess if a forum is the kind that gets mad at necoposts or if it's sort that gets mad at redundant threads. ;)

pennydreadful
11-21-2014, 11:55 PM
Yeah, that is actually a good question - I was never totally sure of the local etiquette on posting on older threads. What about really really old threads - like, older than a year or two ago (like, from 2011 back)? Is that ok, or is it better to just start a new thread? (Just for future reference).

Powder
11-22-2014, 12:29 AM
Yeah, that is actually a good question - I was never totally sure of the local etiquette on posting on older threads. What about really really old threads - like, older than a year or two ago (like, from 2011 back)? Is that ok, or is it better to just start a new thread? (Just for future reference).

I think its up to independent judgement calls. If the thread was crappy, start fresh. If it seemed chock full of convo, might as well keep it going. Or if you have a twist on what the OP said, it gives you an excuse to do your own. There's no real harm in "duplicate" threads so long as it's not something super obvious like who's your favorite turtle or creating a new hub for discussing an episode that was already reviewed at length (unless of course you're talking specifics). Like I said, usually you can figure it out for yourself. :P

pennydreadful
11-22-2014, 02:59 AM
I shall be guided by you, O Wise One. :twink: