PDA

View Full Version : 2k3 on Nicktoons!

Pages : [1] 2

Netkeeper
11-25-2014, 01:24 PM
http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/11/25/nicktoons-finally-airing-2003-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-series/
Nicktoons is stuffing viewers’ stockings this holiday season with the first two seasons of the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series from Dec. 22 – 28, at 8:00 p.m. (ET).
I highly suggest anyone with cable/this channel check this out. I would if I could. Get that viewer count up.

snake
11-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Awesome news! Hopefully they air the rest of the seasons.

Bry
11-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Oh, nice.

I don't get NickToons and I've got that run on DVD, but I'm very happy to see Nick airing the show. Hopefully this means it'll be acknowledged a bit more than it has been for the past five years.

CyberCubed
11-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Finally, people often forget Nick spent $10 million ALONE on buying the 2k3 series from 4kids.

Hopefully this is a sign DVD releases will be on the horizon.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
11-25-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't get Nicktoons:tsad:

Autbot_Benz
11-25-2014, 02:34 PM
the 2003 series is on Youtube I am watching some if it today. Youtube user AvidCartoonFanatic has the series up.

Aaronardo
11-25-2014, 02:38 PM
OK, Nicktoons is quickly becoming way better than Nickelodeon. They air TMNT (2012), Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra a LOT more than any other show. So, when there's nothing else on, normally Nicktoons has something. Ignoring the BS that is their original shows, these guys have some good taste when it comes to their reruns. And now... this... THIS...!
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING. EVER.
(Also, what a nice Christmas present c: )

blindturtle02
11-25-2014, 02:51 PM
That's nice, Nick, now re-release seasons 1-6, and give us BTTS and the uncut version of Turtles Forever on disc, please. Now I sort of wish I hadn't canceled cable. lol

The Turtle Terminator
11-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! This better not be a dream! *pinches self* It ain't. *rereads article* Nicktoons US. Well c'mon Nicktoons UK, your move.

DarkLightDragon
11-25-2014, 03:09 PM
About time.

And it's a good thing I got Nicktoons as well.

Allio
11-25-2014, 03:27 PM
http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/11/25/nicktoons-finally-airing-2003-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-series/

I highly suggest anyone with cable/this channel check this out. I would if I could. Get that viewer count up.

unless you have the counter box, it doesn't matter

TheSkeletonMan939
11-25-2014, 03:37 PM
I wonder the tech specs will be... could Nicktoons use a surround sound format akin to the Russian season one DVDs, rather than just the stereo mix? Man, that'd be awesome...

Shark_Blade
11-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Some 2k3 love I see.

Would be nice to see Usagi again on tv. And release it on Blu-ray Discs!

Gunstar_Red
11-25-2014, 04:43 PM
At first, I thought it was a prank. But, yeah, it's true. And I am ECSTATIC!!! These are the Turtles who introduced me to the franchise, so this show is close to my heart. ^_^

I hope they rerelase the DVDs as a box set or the seasons in sets!

The only concern I have is the soundtrack. They may cut lyrical songs inside some episodes out...

CyberCubed
11-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Even if you don't plan on watching it, this is at least a sign that Nick is FINALLY doing something with the 2k3 series.

As I said this might very well lead to DVD boxsets. I can see them doing 52 episode sets, so Seasons 1-2 together...then a few months later Seasons 3-4, etc.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-25-2014, 04:57 PM
You know, this explains a lot. I have a old friend on YouTube named tmntuploader; just today he told me he had received two strikes from YouTube for uploading all the 2K3 episodes, and that his account would probably be deleted soon. Well, he was right. (https://www.youtube.com/user/tmntuploader)

I couldn't figure out why Viacom suddenly was getting interested in removing 4Kids episodes from YouTube; I guess now that the series will be on Nicktoons Viacom wants it removed.

Jephael
11-25-2014, 05:00 PM
I kinda hope they air Back to the Sewer down the road. I never had the chance to record that season to VHS.

CyberCubed
11-25-2014, 05:01 PM
You know, this explains a lot. I have a old friend on YouTube named tmntuploader; just today he told me he had received two strikes from YouTube for uploading all the 2K3 episodes, and that his account would probably be deleted soon. Well, he was right. (https://www.youtube.com/user/tmntuploader)

I couldn't figure out why Viacom suddenly was getting interested in removing 4Kids episodes from YouTube; I guess now that the series will be on Nicktoons Viacom wants it removed.

Hopefully this is a sign DVDs are coming. I'm so lucky I just rewatched the entire series on youtube a few months ago, had no idea they were going to be removed.

Rejoice everyone! 2015 might see proper 2k3 DVD releases for the first time. Thank the gods.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I guess at this point Nick is confident enough in their own show that they feel more free to air other incarnations of the turtles.

CyberCubed
11-25-2014, 06:17 PM
I guess at this point Nick is confident enough in their own show that they feel more free to air other incarnations of the turtles.

That's exactly what I've been saying since 2013, that Nick waited until their show was a success before they'd start re-selling the 4kids series. They paid $10 million for the 4kids show so they need to make that money back.

Once again I am right. You all should have listened to me. I am always right.

pennydreadful
11-25-2014, 06:22 PM
If they're re-airing it, does that mean that maybe we're a step closer to getting it (re)released on DVD, depending on how it does?

Ninjinister
11-25-2014, 06:53 PM
The weird thing is I could've sworn that Nick said when they acquired the franchise that they would air this show before their show was even close to be developed, kind of as a primer.

Good to know they're getting around to it.

raph27
11-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't get Nicktoons!
Nooooooo! :x
I hope you guys are right about a DVD release.

Leo656
11-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Once again I am right. You all should have listened to me. I am always right.

Blatantly untrue. Everybody knows I've cornered the market on "Always Right". You can be "Always Divisive", or, "Always Controversial". We can't BOTH be always right. In the event of a tie, the rules state that the better-looking one gets it. Tough rocks, pal.

That said, I agree that I do sincerely hope this is Step One in Nick finally releasing 2K3 on disc properly. This will probably be kind of a feeler to gauge interest, before they settle on exactly how and when they're going to release it. I hope.

Turtle Park
11-25-2014, 08:08 PM

Well...The channel has been deleted.
Since I don't got Nikcktoons in Taiwan, is time to embrace the sorrow and think what to do.:|

THGhost
11-25-2014, 08:28 PM
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. This is excellent news! :D
I have Nicktoons, hopefully they'll air them in the UK. Even though I do own the first season and the first half of season 3 on DVD, AND I have the entire series on my HDD. But it'd still be awesome to see them airing on Nicktoons.

Netkeeper
11-25-2014, 08:31 PM
People that want the series for free can find it, even if tmntuploader got banned. I'm not concerned about that.

I've wanted to legally support this series since I first watched it. I'm hoping this leads to a DVD release so I can finally do that.

LeoRaph
11-25-2014, 08:52 PM
This is Great News!!!

Hopefully a dvd set is released early 2015 to test the waters. Ironically, I just completed the dvd set last week with the final BTTS: City Under Siege DVD...but what the shell I'd buy the nick releases all over again because you know it's there and it's shiny :tgrin:

I always thought that the tone was too dark for nick to put on their mainstream channel so no surprise it's on a less cute sub division like nicktoons. I also think that they may have possibly even felt threatened by sales and needed their product to succeed first before re releasing 2K3.

Sad about TMNT Uploader he was my go to guy while I was hunting down the series.

I hope this also means we can get a classic collections with 2K3 Turtles and less goofy faces that reflect how they were on the show. The Leo and Raph Original 2K3 figures were spot on, Mikey was okay but Donny was way off.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out!

CyberCubed
11-25-2014, 09:01 PM
It doesn't matter if "we" watch it, we're not the target audience.

The show is aimed at the same generation of kids currently watching the Nick cartoon. I wonder if kids will find this show "too different" from what they're used to, because the tone of 2k3 and Nick are like night and day, not to mention the different character designs.

pennydreadful
11-25-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't think they give a sh*t who watches it as long as ratings are high and they're making money. Doesn't matter if you're 4 or 40, as long as you're making them successful.

Turtle Park
11-25-2014, 09:39 PM
People that want the series for free can find it, even if tmntuploader got banned. I'm not concerned about that.

I've wanted to legally support this series since I first watched it. I'm hoping this leads to a DVD release so I can finally do that.

Sounds good!
Also you can still find the DVD on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2003-2009/lm/R1W0WTNKSR878X)
but can't find the final season, hope Nick will release BTTS on DVD.

CyberCubed
11-25-2014, 10:08 PM
The old 4kids DVDs aren't worth tracking down at this point. There were only 5 episodes on each release and once you get to Season 3 all the episodes are out of order. The season set releases are also very rare now.

I figure Nick is going to partner with Shout Factory to release new sets in 2015. Watch.

CowabungaMikey
11-26-2014, 12:02 AM
This is AWESOME!

The-Shredder
11-26-2014, 12:26 AM
I wonder if these will be aired from higher quality masters than what was seen from the DVDs.

TheBlueTurtle1
11-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Great news, a step in the right direction for the ever wanted boxset!

snake
11-26-2014, 03:15 AM

Too bad, becuase I liked having the eps ready like that. This probably means that they'll release some kind of dvd.

LeotheLateBloomer
11-26-2014, 03:57 AM
There were actually DVDs that came with all of season one and two. One had half the episodes of season one and the other had half of the remaining episodes and did the same thing with season two. Although if Nick does a new DVD release, I'll be on it right away!

Also, NICK REMEMBERS THE 2k3 SERIES! :D:D:D

Donnieangelo
11-26-2014, 05:42 AM

What? NOOOOO! :o

YouTube was my only source for episodes! And worst of all, I don't even have Nickelodeon on my TV.

evan2000
11-26-2014, 05:44 AM
I wonder the tech specs will be... could Nicktoons use a surround sound format akin to the Russian season one DVDs, rather than just the stereo mix? Man, that'd be awesome...
Also wondering if the video will be formatted to 4:3 or 16:9 widescreen, and how will it be done (4:3 with black bars or 16:9 by cropping or stretching). And if it's going to be upscaled to High Definition or remain Standard Definition.

Aaronardo
11-26-2014, 06:43 AM
I wouldn't say this is a sign that DVDs are coming, but it might be more like they're confident in releasing DVDs, and they're airing it on Nicktoons and seeing how the ratings go and see if it is profitable. (If that is the case, they don't need much convincing. As far as I can tell, the highest-watched program on Nicktoons of all time was about 1.1 million on the Nielson).

The Turtle Terminator
11-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Also wondering if the video will be formatted to 4:3 or 16:9 widescreen, and how will it be done (4:3 with black bars or 16:9 by cropping or stretching). And if it's going to be upscaled to High Definition or remain Standard Definition.

If its airing on Nicktoons, it'll be in SD (360p or 480p) anyway. I can also see it being in the 4:3 ratio, due to what Nicktoons UK ratio was like last time I checked.

Victorsaurus
11-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Like many, I hope they also release the whole series on DVD for all the regions.

Would it be weird if the series was re-dubbed just like what they did with Winx Club?

Bry
11-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Would it be weird if the series was re-dubbed just like what they did with Winx Club?

I can't seem them going to that kind of trouble. Imported series are usually a bit different as new dubs/translation are common practice. And AFAIK Nick paid for the 2003 series' full material outright, so I can't see there being any contractual reason they'd have to change any of the audio (unless their voice actor union rules also apply to re-airing previously-produced series?). It'd just be more work and expense for them.

Either way, I'd really hope they wouldn't change the original voices - at least not the main cast.

neatoman
11-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Well it's too bad I don't live in a relevant region, I will buy DVD's if they come out in region 2 though. Hell, I'd even buy the Blu-Rays even if I don't have a Blu-Ray player:tlol:.

CyberCubed
11-26-2014, 11:55 AM
LOL, only an fool would think Nick would "redub" the 4kids series. Please, people, this is not anime.

The sheer stupidity of that suggestion makes my head boggle.

raph27
11-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Double checked, and I actually do get Nicktoons! Yay! The world of 2k3 awaits!
:D :tpizza:
So they're showing the first two seasons in six days? Isn't that like 52 episodes? Better make some room on my DVR.

Aaronardo
11-26-2014, 01:12 PM
I can guarantee the show is not going to be re-dubbed. Like, what the heck even lead you to that idea?
Anyway, they will most likely air in 4:3 ratio. When they air Avatar: The Last Airbender, they don't crop or stretch it to fit another ratio, so I can guess that's what they'll do for TMNT as well.

CyberCubed
11-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Too bad they're only airing the first two seasons, they should have aired the first 3 seasons since that's the first big ending of the show.

Why do I get the feeling when Nicktoons airs the whole show they're going to wind up airing Fast Forward before Ninja Tribunal? I sure as hell hope they don't make the same mistake 4kids did back in 2005 and air the seasons in proper order.

MsMarvelDuckie
11-26-2014, 01:51 PM
What? NOOOOO! :o

YouTube was my only source for episodes! And worst of all, I don't even have Nickelodeon on my TV.

You and me both. Looks like I won't be watching them anymore for a good while. That sucks, because I really like the series, and I've been going back to certain episodes for inspiration for my fics. Now I won't have that option.

I don't get Nicktoons!
Nooooooo! :x
I hope you guys are right about a DVD release.

Me too. If it doesn't get released on DVD, I won't have any way of watching it. You-tube is my only outlet, too.

THGhost
11-26-2014, 03:59 PM
People, relax. There are other YouTube accounts that have the series. You can also download them all to your HDD if you know where to look.

If Nick has any sense they'll leave it alone in SD/4:3, that's how it was made so that's how it should be presented.

LOL, only an fool would think Nick would "redub" the 4kids series. Please, people, this is not anime.

They were only wondering, it wasn't a legitimate question. :lol:

NICK REMEMBERS THE 2k3 SERIES! :D:D:D

:D:D:D

Donnieangelo
11-26-2014, 04:58 PM
People, relax. There are other YouTube accounts that have the series. You can also download them all to your HDD if you know where to look.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

This reminds me of when Alvin and the Chipmunks episodes got uploaded and taken down. And the songs, too.

I just found out someone in my art class at school has the DVD's. AWESOME! :D

slashpieturtlemix
11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
I own the set for 2k3 and I am glad to see they are getting love. I thought Viacom bought everything tmnt (rights wise) so doesnt that mean they can play the original too if they wanted?

Gunstar_Red
11-26-2014, 07:05 PM

My concern isn't a re-dub, but a re-score. I could see them having trouble with the vocal songs (not the intro themes) if they were not made in house.

Bry
11-26-2014, 07:11 PM
My concern isn't a re-dub, but a re-score. I could see them having trouble with the vocal songs (not the intro themes) if they were not made in house.

That's actually the only thing I'm pretty okay with them changing.

Aaronardo
11-26-2014, 07:13 PM
I own the set for 2k3 and I am glad to see they are getting love. I thought Viacom bought everything tmnt (rights wise) so doesnt that mean they can play the original too if they wanted?

They probably could. But if they hadn't already (I mean, they're giving the original so much love), they probably won't. My guess is that the original isn't exactly "TV-ready" for the 2014 audience. I mean, Season 1 is a maybe, but the rest of the show is more of a you get it or you don't-type thing, and I'm pretty sure most of the 2014 crowd isn't going to get it (assuming they've never seen the original). Like I said, though, that's just a guess. Maybe Nick feels the original will be more at home in The 90s Are All That block on TeenNick.
But, of course, I could be wrong. I mean, I hope so, because that'd be a pretty stupid reason not to air a show of such quality.

CyberCubed
11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Viacom doesn't own the original toon so they can't air it unless Lionsgate wants them to. Likewise they have no control over the DVDs for the OT.

THGhost
11-26-2014, 07:36 PM
I remember writing to Viacom, asking them to release the 2K3 series on DVD. Never got a reply. :P

Bry
11-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Trying to give the 2003 series a wider appeal is a smart call, really, if they don't have sole rights to the '87 cartoon. I'm all for that.

Hell, I'd give any potential new 2003-series merchandise the same treatment as Mirage - if I see it, I'll buy it.

MikeandRaph87
11-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Whatever it takes to get 2003 season e and 7 released as proper DVDs I am in. Watch it or not I will record it on the DVR to put in an extra viewer numbers.

Aaronardo
11-27-2014, 04:03 PM
If a quarter of the people on this forum watched the show, it'd be one of the greatest days Nicktoons will ever see. So, yeah, like everyone else is saying, I'd love some quality DVDs for this show.

CyberCubed
11-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Uh, what? There are only like...100 active users on this forum (all the other accounts are from people long gone or don't come here anymore), and most of those people already watched the 2k3 series years ago.

We wouldn't even make up a fraction of the ratings.

THGhost
11-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Uh, what? There are only like...100 active users on this forum (all the other accounts are from people long gone or don't come here anymore), and most of those people already watched the 2k3 series years ago.

We wouldn't even make up a fraction of the ratings.

Notice how he said "If a quarter of the people on this forum watched the show". He meant it as a scenario, not a fact.

You're right about the ratings though. Even if every member here watched it, it wouldn't make good ratings. Which is a sad truth.

CyberCubed
11-27-2014, 06:55 PM
So isn't that what I just said? If 100 people here watched the show that would contribute like 0.1% to the ratings.

The show is being aimed at the kids who are watching the Nick show who never seen it before.

Jester
11-27-2014, 06:58 PM
For a deep DEEP (one could even say almost "pay") cable channel, I wonder how much ratings is really a factor.

CyberCubed
11-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Agreed, it should be on the standard Nick.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Agreed, it should be on the standard Nick.

They're probably testing the show out with audiences on Nicktoons to see what the reactions and ratings are before letting it cut into Spongebob time on the main channel.

Leo656
11-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Spongebob's still a big deal? Holy sh*t, that's like, more than 15 years now.

Please, nobody ever try and tell me kids aren't stupid, k? Apparently, they're very.

Jephael
11-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Please, nobody ever try and tell me kids aren't stupid, k? Apparently, they're very.

After 8 years of being an uncle to a very naive little girl, you'll never hear me disagree with you on that sentiment.

Cure
11-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Naive isn't the same as stupid. Also, of course an 8 year old would be naive.

Netkeeper
11-27-2014, 11:38 PM
They're probably testing the show out with audiences on Nicktoons to see what the reactions and ratings are before letting it cut into Spongebob time on the main channel.
Nick's still the Spongebob channel, huh? Good to know some things never change.

Bry
11-28-2014, 07:22 AM

Well, I think they vary like anyone else - but they have the excuse that their tastes and understanding of media haven't developed yet. I'm more concerned about the adults who watch and enjoy actual garbage without a hint of irony or awareness. :lol:

They key is to make something that appeals to kids, but doesn't insult adults' intelligence and can appeal to them just as much. Like the Pixar method (well, aside from the "Cars" franchise). Just try harder.

I just rewatched a bunch of seasons 1-3 of the 2003 show, and y'know... it holds up. Not all of it; we all know there are some stinkers in there. But when it's on, it's on. Hopefully this means the current generation gets a chance to discover it.

Aaronardo
11-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Well, admittedly, a quarter of us watching wouldn't be enough. I was taking a stab at the fact that good ratings for Nicktoons are around 0.6 million, and those are pretty normal average ratings for that channel.
Also, SpongeBob... I have heard some of the people who left the show around Season 3 are coming back to do one more season after the second movie (which they're also working on). Judging by the trailers of the second movie, I'd say they still have it in them.

Davetello
11-28-2014, 08:26 AM
I'd be happy to pay again for a boxset of the entire show, despite owning a large part of it on DVD already. I'm not really into DVD collecting but the turtles are an exception. Hopefully that happens soon but I wouldn't be so sure.

Or they could just make money by letting Netflix stream it. That's how I have watched Justice League again: tweaking the PS3 to get American Netflix. Plus it's in 720p whereas the DVDs would be SD.

It's beyond a joke that the only real ways to see the show in its entirety are youtube, Australian releases or masses of DVDs. I mean other than the two part sets of seasons 1 and 2, Ninja Tribunal and Fast Forward, and the set of half of season 4, the DVDs are all over the place.

THGhost
11-28-2014, 10:13 AM
So isn't that what I just said?

Not exactly, no. :roll: The point was that he meant it as a scenario, not a fact.

I really wish Spongebob would die already. :P

TheSkeletonMan939
11-28-2014, 10:31 AM

You bet it is. They're making another Spongebob theatrical film, and it looks horrible.

Mugic
11-28-2014, 11:58 AM
You bet it is. They're making another Spongebob theatrical film, and it looks horrible.The film is written by Stephen Hillenburg so despite the animation the movie will at least be better writing than the last 7 seasons of the show... Hopefully.

Jephael
11-28-2014, 12:42 PM
They're making another Spongebob theatrical film, and it looks horrible.

I dunno, it looks all right to me. I just hope that bit where they turn into super heroes only lasts a few minutes.

Aaronardo
11-28-2014, 12:47 PM
You bet it is. They're making another Spongebob theatrical film, and it looks horrible.

Looks pretty good to me. I mean, looking at it from a plot POV, it looks horrible, but SpongeBob never really was a plot-heavy show :P

THGhost
11-28-2014, 01:12 PM
I read somewhere recently that Tom Kenny had been arrested due to some... questionable material involving children that was found on a computer believed to be his and that Spongebob was cancelled. Clearly it was a hoax. :lol:

The new movie does look impressive, from a visual standpoint. That's it. :P

Enough about Spongebob now. Nickelodeon remembers the 2K3 TMNT! YAY! :D

k_lala
11-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Forget dvd box set go straight to to blu Ray box set.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-28-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't understand why people are shouting, "Blu-ray! Blu-ray!" This show wasn't created in HD, or even widescreen, and it'd take some video enhancement and restoration for it to be put on Blu-ray.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want that, but it's just not a very realistic expectation.

Netkeeper
11-28-2014, 06:40 PM
When this series went ignored for so long, we're lucky it's being put on tv at all. I won't hold my breath for a blu-ray release unless somehow the Nicktoons airing becomes immensely popular [which we all know won't happen :V].

Jephael
11-28-2014, 07:49 PM
When this series went ignored for so long, we're lucky it's being put on tv at all. I won't hold my breath for a blu-ray release unless somehow the Nicktoons airing becomes immensely popular, which we all know won't happen.

Blu-Ray is so overrated in my opinion. The original cartoon didn't even get a blu-ray release, and it doesn't need one. Hell, no cartoon series I know of has ever gotten a blu-ray release. I dunno why people can't be content with good old fashioned DVDs!!!

Davetello
11-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Blu-Ray is so overrated in my opinion. The original cartoon didn't even get a blu-ray release, and it doesn't need one. Hell, no cartoon series I know of has ever gotten a blu-ray release. I dunno why people can't be content with good old fashioned DVDs!!!

Justice League has a BR release, and so do most if not all of the films in the DC Animated Original Movies line. 720p really does look better than 480, even in cartoons. I do agree though that the quality difference isn't significant enough to warrant the higher prices. I rarely buy BR, I only have a few of them.

Jephael
11-28-2014, 08:03 PM
I do agree though that the quality difference isn't significant enough to warrant the higher prices. I rarely buy BR, I only have a few of them.

Yea, whenever I see the prices of movies on Blu-Ray compared to their DVD version, I figure I might as well just get the DVD and save myself some cash.

Netkeeper
11-28-2014, 08:06 PM
For me, the main appeal of blu ray is the scratch resistance. Guarantees the disc will last a helluva lot longer. But of course, I only want it for the things I absolutely love and intend on keeping and rewatching time and time again.

Davetello
11-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Yea, whenever I see the prices of movies on Blu-Ray compared to their DVD version, I figure I might as well just get the DVD and save myself some cash.

They are laughably overpriced sometimes, but...

For me, the main appeal of blu ray is the scratch resistance. Guarantees the disc will last a helluva lot longer. But of course, I only want it for the things I absolutely love and intend on keeping and rewatching time and time again.

...this is a good point. The larger capacity BR discs are far more resistant to scratches than DVDs. Obviously PS3 disks are BR and they feel much smoother than DVDs, and don't scratch like DVDs.

DevilSpooky
11-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Don't Forget the space, the entire series could be put into 1 maybe 2 discs, while DVD would require a lot more. Also more space for extra stuff.

Also at least here Blu rays are often 5€ more then the DVD version, and the DVD version has almost no extras at all. If we're lucky we might get an audio commentary track and a teatrical trailer.

Davetello
11-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Don't Forget the space, the entire series could be put into 1 maybe 2 discs, while DVD would require a lot more. Also more space for extra stuff.

Also at least here Blu rays are often 5€ more then the DVD version, and the DVD version has almost no extras at all. If we're lucky we might get an audio commentary track and a teatrical trailer.

Correct m8. For those with physical storage issues BR is always preferable. I guess their larger data storage space is also part of why it's so imperative that the discs have that protective coating to make them more sturdy than DVDs - there is so much more on them so if one was to become defective it would be a far bigger disaster than if it was a DVD, at least for TV shows.

I think we'd need about 10 discs for the show though. There were over 150 eps and I'm assuming true HD for a 20 min ep would be...what about 2 gb approx?

Edit: forgot about dual-layering.

Leo656
11-28-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm not a huge BR enthusiast myself - one's as good as the other, to me, I ain't picky - but as far as prices go, a LOT of good stuff on BR has dropped in price to the point where it's as cheap or cheaper than DVD. Over by me, a lot of movies on BR are at Best Buy for $5-10, and even TV shows and cartoons in season sets are around $20 or less, pretty close to DVD prices. The only thing I still see crazy overpriced are Disney flicks, and they're always about $10-15 more expensive than everything else, Because It's Disney and they know they can get away with it.

But yeah, prices are getting more reasonable so I've been slowly getting more of them. I don't have a huge preference though.

snake
11-28-2014, 10:28 PM

Amen to that, and I'm a kid! :lol:

Leo656
11-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah, but not really. :lol: You're a "kid" like I was a kid. I always sat at the grown-ups table, or sat on the bar sippin' Cherry Coke while my mom was sucking down Peppermint Schnapps. I was one'a the grown-ups, far as I was concerned, and couldn't nobody tell me different. :lol:

I can tell you got a little touch'a that same venom in ya. :tcool:

TheBlueTurtle1
11-29-2014, 12:32 AM
Forget dvd box set go straight to to blu Ray box set.

Shell yea!

Aaronardo
11-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Yeah, BR has always seemed unnecessary to me. I mean, the quality's better. Big deal. I honestly can't tell the difference. It looks VERY slightly crisper than a DVD, but otherwise, there's really no difference in my eyes. Plus, as Skeleton Man said, why would they make a BR release of a show that wasn't made in HD?

Bry
11-29-2014, 07:49 AM

A lot of cartoons do get blu-ray releases, but for older series it depends on the condition of the source material and/or whether they put the effort into restoring the picture. Often it doesn't make a huge difference, but it can if the picture quality's good enough - blu-ray will be a lot clearer and sharper.

An example via Google:

http://s22.postimg.org/72k042o6p/dbzbr.jpg

I feel like the 2003 series would benefit a lot, though. It's recent enough that an HD release shouldn't be too difficult, either. But considering the current Nick show hasn't gotten a blu-ray release yet, I kinda doubt any other series would.

Aaronardo
11-29-2014, 07:51 AM
Of course something from 2014 is going to look better than something from 2000. I've seen DVDs that look just like the quality over on the Blu-ray side of your picture.

Bry
11-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Well, sure - again, it depends on the quality of the source material and how much work was put into restoration. That screenshot's of a (restored) episode from 1991, so it stands to reason a show from 2003 could look even better on blu-ray, if the right work's been put into it or the source material is in good quality.

But still - blu-ray is (or can be) visibly better than DVD. Whether or not the difference is important or noticeable varies per person, but the difference is there.

TigerClaw
11-29-2014, 04:42 PM
So only on NickToons? Hmm, That's unfortunate, Since I don't carry it. Will they air it on regular Nickelodeon?

TheSkeletonMan939
11-29-2014, 05:29 PM
So only on NickToons? Hmm, That's unfortunate, Since I don't carry it. Will they air it on regular Nickelodeon?

Who knows? Maybe if 2K3 does well on NickToons, they'll dare to air on on the main channel.

The-Shredder
11-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah, BR has always seemed unnecessary to me. I mean, the quality's better. Big deal. I honestly can't tell the difference. It looks VERY slightly crisper than a DVD, but otherwise, there's really no difference in my eyes. Plus, as Skeleton Man said, why would they make a BR release of a show that wasn't made in HD?

It's not like the show was animated on cells and stored on tape. Like many of the cartoons produced a decade ago, much of the work done on this show was done digitally, on a computer, which is obvious based on the CGI vehicles, the digitally inked characters and backgrounds, etc. What we got on T.V. and DVD was of course presented in standard definition 480p, but that was due to the constraints of the mediums at the time, not the show itself.

I'm pretty sure the producers and video editors of the show wouldn't have been foolish enough to archive it in 480p. After all, Justice League (2001) and What's New Scooby Doo? (2002) were eventually released in HD in one form or another, so I don't see why TMNT deserves any less.

You can see 23 seconds in that the characters are digitally inked.
88UcsqLMW7k

Yes, DVD is alright, but I think the show would benefit a lot more from a Blu-ray release due to the greater storage capacity, higher bit rate, resolution, durability, etc. Although it could be unlikely for the show to be released on Blu-ray at this point, by Nickelodeon nonetheless, personally as a Turtle fan I wouldn't want one of my favorite shows of all time to only be restricted to an inferior and outdated format, when it may have been possible that it was produced to hold up for future formats.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-29-2014, 06:23 PM
The question is whether the original files were kept by Nickelodeon when they bought the rights to the show. While it would have been prudent to archive the original episode masters, they could have just seen fit to keep the 480p copies instead.

But just imagine - how cool would it be if, without warning, NickToons aired the episodes in HD and surround?

neatoman
11-30-2014, 03:03 AM
88UcsqLMW7k

That was actually pretty interesting to watch.

The question is whether the original files were kept by Nickelodeon when they bought the rights to the show. While it would have been prudent to archive the original episode masters, they could have just seen fit to keep the 480p copies instead.

But just imagine - how cool would it be if, without warning, NickToons aired the episodes in HD and surround?

That would be cool indeed.

THGhost
11-30-2014, 06:06 PM
It's very doubtful that this series will get a Blu-ray release. It doesn't need one. It wasn't even reacted in HD or widescreen, so what would be the point? Not to mention it would be too expensive for Nick to commit to.

Please don't bring up "cropgate" :P

Warhorse
11-30-2014, 09:45 PM

Eh, I doubt my viewercount would matter, I'm not a neilsen member. But, anyways, totally cool! Glad to see they aren't ignoring this specatular show anymore.

Gunpowder
11-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Sweet. About time this series got some love from Nick.

Bry
12-01-2014, 05:40 AM
It's very doubtful that this series will get a Blu-ray release. It doesn't need one. It wasn't even reacted in HD or widescreen, so what would be the point? Not to mention it would be too expensive for Nick to commit to.

I mean, you're definitely probably right. I can't see them going to the effort. I'd love to see the show given some extra spit and polish, but honestly, I'd just be happy for it being officially available period.

http://media.giphy.com/media/T5947uCAb93r2/giphy.gif

Shark_Blade
12-01-2014, 08:21 AM

"It doesn't need one"?

Shut yo trap, even freaking Sailor Moon tv series gets blu ray! It's possible if they want to do it.

FoxBoxKid
12-01-2014, 10:26 AM
If it's Blu-Ray vs. DVD, I'd prefer DVD, because I don't have a Blu-Ray player. Also, DVD cases are better. Blu-Ray cases are too thin and wide.

tmntpower1988
12-01-2014, 11:10 AM
A lot of cartoons do get blu-ray releases, but for older series it depends on the condition of the source material and/or whether they put the effort into restoring the picture. Often it doesn't make a huge difference, but it can if the picture quality's good enough - blu-ray will be a lot clearer and sharper.

An example via Google:

I feel like the 2003 series would benefit a lot, though. It's recent enough that an HD release shouldn't be too difficult, either. But considering the current Nick show hasn't gotten a blu-ray release yet, I kinda doubt any other series would.

I'm considering buying the Dragonball Z Blu-rays. I own the orange brick DVD sets but the video quality isn't that good tbh The picture looks a bit blurry. The only cartoon series I have on Blu-ray is Batman The Brave And The Bold. Would be nice if 2k3 did get a Blu-ray release but I'd be happy enough with a DVD release.

Sabacooza
12-01-2014, 02:09 PM
They refuse to release the current series on bluray So why would they treat this any different. It's truly mind boggling. Hell, the way they treat the TMNT property in general is mind boggling.

k_lala
12-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I don't understand why people are shouting, "Blu-ray! Blu-ray!" This show wasn't created in HD, or even widescreen, and it'd take some video enhancement and restoration for it to be put on Blu-ray.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want that, but it's just not a very realistic expectation.

Neither was DBZ but they were able to put some work into it and make it happen. I've seen a lot of ppl on here prefer DVDs over Blu ray, i'm the opposite. Ive gotten rid of my Young Justice DVDs and bought the Blu ray versions. I've done this with everything, I notice the difference.

I agree though transferring over to Blu ray will be hard, and most likely expensive and probably from a sales perspective wouldn't break even if they invested the money into cleaning everything up. Where as a franchise like DBZ u can because of the fan following.

Donnieangelo
12-01-2014, 02:56 PM
If it's Blu-Ray vs. DVD, I'd prefer DVD, because I don't have a Blu-Ray player. Also, DVD cases are better. Blu-Ray cases are too thin and wide.
I have a Blu-ray player but I haven't used it yet.

THGhost
12-01-2014, 05:08 PM
"It doesn't need one"?

Nope. It doesn't.

Shut yo trap, even freaking Sailor Moon tv series gets blu ray! It's possible if they want to do it.

Yeah, and look how that (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sailor-Moon-Season-1-Part-1-Blu-ray/104036/#Review) turned out! The video quality is atrocious. :roll:

As previously mentioned, Nick aren't releasing their own show on Blu-ray so why should they release someone else's?

k_lala
12-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Nope. It doesn't.

Yeah, and look how that (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sailor-Moon-Season-1-Part-1-Blu-ray/104036/#Review) turned out! The video quality is atrocious. :roll:

As previously mentioned, Nick aren't releasing their own show on Blu-ray so why should they release someone else's?

I'm sure Nick will go to blu ray eventually, it seems as if all the current popular toons are. It's just that its more challenging and cost prohibitive to do a blu ray to the 2K3 series than the current Nick one. I'm actually quite surprised a lot of people on here if not most don't buy there videos on blu ray but prefer dvd. I thought everyone did if not most. I wonder how fast the transition from VHS to DVD went back then, i totally forgot. Blu ray has been around since 2006? I remember doing it when I got my PS3. Actually speaking of VHS, I believe 2K3 first came out on VHS, thats insane!!!

Now the thing is 4K its been out a little bit but it will take a while before people adapt to that if everyone hasn't really adapted to Blu ray the way DVD did with VHS. I say in 3-4 years 4K tv's will be standard??? Just like now everyone has a 1080 dpi flat screen tv.

THGhost
12-02-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm sure Nick will go to blu ray eventually, it seems as if all the current popular toons are. It's just that its more challenging and cost prohibitive to do a blu ray to the 2K3 series than the current Nick one. I'm actually quite surprised a lot of people on here if not most don't buy there videos on blu ray but prefer dvd. I thought everyone did if not most. I wonder how fast the transition from VHS to DVD went back then, i totally forgot. Blu ray has been around since 2006? I remember doing it when I got my PS3. Actually speaking of VHS, I believe 2K3 first came out on VHS, thats insane!!!

Now the thing is 4K its been out a little bit but it will take a while before people adapt to that if everyone hasn't really adapted to Blu ray the way DVD did with VHS. I say in 3-4 years 4K tv's will be standard??? Just like now everyone has a 1080 dpi flat screen tv.

We can only hope that Nick will adopt the Blu-ray format. But right now, it seems unlikely.

4K is still Blu-ray though so I'm not worred about having to buy all my movies again. :P

Shiro Kame
12-02-2014, 11:26 AM
the 2003 series is on Youtube I am watching some if it today. Youtube user AvidCartoonFanatic has the series up.

Nickelodeon actually took down TMNT Uploader's channel, and thus, all the videos...They had BETTER have DVD season sets planned...

pannoni1
12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Actually, for the video releases of 4kids, both VHS and DVD formats were available up through the third release of volume three. That said, if you have a Blu-Ray player, it is backwards compatible with DVD and is why I wouldn't worry about DVDs losing their value if there is no superior Blu-Ray release. That said, while not my favorite in terms of memories, I still feel that 2k3 has the most cohesive quality in terms of character development, the spirit toward the creators can really be noticed, and most importantly, having two seasons in just a week is a smart move as it allows the viewers to see a good chunk of how this series moves along. I have every season on DVD anyways so its just great to see this finally in "classic syndication" to throw some Nick fans a new perspective of the franchise.

zaktheneutrino
12-02-2014, 02:00 PM
So glad to see the 2k3 series back on TV! Just wish I got Nicktoons...it's the only channel in the additional digital channels that Comcast offers that I would watch.

I would love to see Nick put together a box set of this series. It deserves it, that's for sure.

THGhost
12-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Nickelodeon actually took down TMNT Uploader's channel, and thus, all the videos...They had BETTER have DVD season sets planned...

It makes you wonder why they haven't removed all the other accounts.

NiNi
12-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm so psyched about this! I seriously hope there will be DVD releases in the near future.

Wildcat
12-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Great. This is my favorite of the three major animated series. I get Nicktoons too. Have not seen it since the original run.

I'm sure a complete DVD or bluray set will happen eventually. Its too big to pass up and would certainly be very profitable.

THGhost
12-04-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm not saying that seeing this show on Blu-ray wouldn't be awesome. It would. But it's very unlikely since Nick aren't even releasing their own show on Blu-ray.

Donatello19
12-04-2014, 01:42 PM
This is awesome news, I can't wait! Weren't they supposed to air it before the Nick series even premiered, though? What ever happened to that?

CyberCubed
12-04-2014, 01:46 PM
A DVD release is probably coming soon. Hopefully Shout Factory gets the license because they do an incredible job releasing older shows to DVD. They did amazing Power Rangers boxsets and they release most of Nick's older canceled shows.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-04-2014, 02:02 PM
I used to scoff at people who said there would be a 4Kids DVD release in the near future, but now it's looking like that'll be the case! I really hope we get a quality box set.

Davetello
12-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Yep, it's looking more likely. Cubed called it to be fair to the guy, despite facing ridicule. Everyone bow down to him.

CyberCubed
12-04-2014, 02:11 PM
If Shout does get the license I'll be right about everything. I just hope they also re-release Turtles Forever uncut and include all those Peach Nova shorts and those other funny shorts 4kids made as bonus material.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-04-2014, 02:13 PM
I wonder if Nickelodeon would even have the Peach Nova shorts...

CyberCubed
12-04-2014, 03:37 PM
I wonder if Nickelodeon would even have the Peach Nova shorts...

Assuming 4kids gave them all the files of all TMNT 2k3 animated material, I don't see why not. There's actually a lot more to the series than people realize:

- 156 standard episodes, from Season 1 through Season 7

- Turtles Forever, hopefully uncut this time

- Monsters from Mutant Mayhem Island shorts. These were produced during the final season. There were like 10 of these around 2 minutes in length, combined together they come up to 19 minutes, almost the standard length of an episode. They oddly make up a 14th episode of the "Back to the Sewers" season.

- TMNT profiles and action shorts. These started in Season 1 and continued through Season 4. These 1 minute shorts had almost all new animation showing off different aspects of the 2k3 universe. Some of these were on the old 4kids DVDs but not all of them.

- Peach Nova shorts. These were comedy oriented and look like flash animation, they were produced during the tail-end of the show. There's around 20 of these.

And aside from this there was some unique animation done for the videogames on PS2/Gamecube, but I doubt they got those.

pennydreadful
12-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Wow. Right on, Cubed - it would definitely be fantastic to get all of those as extras along with the "main" 2k3; I didn't even know about some of that stuff!

TheSkeletonMan939
12-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Some of those TMNT profile shorts are pretty rare; most of them can only be found as bonus features on the Mutant Mayhem video game.

CyberCubed
12-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Some of those TMNT profile shorts are pretty rare; most of them can only be found as bonus features on the Mutant Mayhem video game.

A lot of those were actually on the Season 1 4kids DVDs. The Season 4 set they released also had a lot of those shorts. There are a few that were missing though.

As far as I know the only shorts never on DVD were the Peach Nova ones, and the "Mayhem from Mutant Island" shorts weren't on the Back to the Sewers DVD that came out in Australia.

Shark_Blade
12-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Nope. It doesn't.

Beacuse tmnt is one of the most profitable franchise of theirs perhaps? :roll: Just because sailor moon flopped in remastering their old show doesn't mean tmnt will too. There are other capable people to deliver quality to us.

Go elsewhere if you hate 2k3. "Doesn't need a release" my ass, what nonsense.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-04-2014, 04:38 PM
THGhost makes a valid point. The Nick show is being produced in HD; there are no Blu-ray releases for it yet.

The 4Kids show was produced in SD (as far as I know); it's entirely illogical to hope for a remastered Blu-ray release for 4Kids from Nickelodeon.

Shark_Blade
12-04-2014, 04:53 PM
THGhost makes a valid point. The Nick show is being produced in HD; there are no Blu-ray releases for it yet.

The 4Kids show was produced in SD (as far as I know); it's entirely illogical to hope for a remastered Blu-ray release for 4Kids from Nickelodeon.

Even Dragon Ball tv series got blu ray treatment and the quality is good. :tcool:http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Blu-ray-Sean-Schemmel/dp/B00HXEWG2G

It can happen if they put effort into it.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-04-2014, 05:19 PM
But will Nick put effort into it? Look at all the work (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/FUNimation_Remastered_Box_Sets) that went into producing the remastered Dragon Ball Z episodes. Don't try to convince me Nickelodeon will be interested in doing the same for a TV series that isn't even theirs necessarily.

Shark_Blade
12-04-2014, 05:23 PM
If they want long term returns, they should invest some into it. Common sense in any business practice.

THGhost
12-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Beacuse tmnt is one of the most profitable franchise of theirs perhaps? :roll: Just because sailor moon flopped in remastering their old show doesn't mean tmnt will too. There are other capable people to deliver quality to us.

Go elsewhere if you hate 2k3. "Doesn't need a release" my ass, what nonsense.

:lol: Way to completely miss the point of what I was saying. I love the 2K3 series. It's my favourite out of the 3 animated series. Surely my avatar and profile picture were big enough clues. ;)
But seeing it on Blu-ray is just very unlikely. That's just common sense I'm afraid.

It doesn't need a Blu-ray release because it's already awesome on the DVDs that we have, and it would be even more awesome if it got new DVDs that we could all get. But if we do see it on Blu-ray, then I shall rejoice along with the rest of us. :P

Shark_Blade: I'm not the first to make that point, but yeah. It is a valid one. This is what it all comes down to. You can question it all you want, but you'll always find yourself coming back to this question. If Nick won't release their own show on Blu-ray, why release someone else's?

Even Dragon Ball tv series got blu ray treatment and the quality is good. :tcool:http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Blu-ray-Sean-Schemmel/dp/B00HXEWG2G

It can happen if they put effort into it.

That's Dragon Ball Z, an entirely different beast. And there's a lot of debate as to whether or not the quality of those Blu-rays is actually good. I do like them though, I own the first 3 seasons as of right now.

Need I remind you though of what happened with FUNimation's previous DBZ Blu-rays (http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Level-1-1-Blu-ray/dp/B005E2YL4U)? They didn't sell enough units despite FUNimation's painstaking hard work to remaster them, grain intact and in 4:3. So they stopped production. The same could happen with the 2K3 TMNT; Nick would be taking a huge risk remastering a series that enough people might not want. It all comes down to numbers with these things unfortunately.

A DVD release is probably coming soon. Hopefully Shout Factory gets the license because they do an incredible job releasing older shows to DVD. They did amazing Power Rangers boxsets and they release most of Nick's older canceled shows.

I really, REALLY hope they do. I've been begging them to do it for ages.

Something similar to this set (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515W7T8W9ML.jpg) would be nice.

Wentos
12-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Assuming 4kids gave them all the files of all TMNT 2k3 animated material, I don't see why not. There's actually a lot more to the series than people realize:

- 156 standard episodes, from Season 1 through Season 7

- Turtles Forever, hopefully uncut this time

- Monsters from Mutant Mayhem Island shorts. These were produced during the final season. There were like 10 of these around 2 minutes in length, combined together they come up to 19 minutes, almost the standard length of an episode. They oddly make up a 14th episode of the "Back to the Sewers" season.

- TMNT profiles and action shorts. These started in Season 1 and continued through Season 4. These 1 minute shorts had almost all new animation showing off different aspects of the 2k3 universe. Some of these were on the old 4kids DVDs but not all of them.

- Peach Nova shorts. These were comedy oriented and look like flash animation, they were produced during the tail-end of the show. There's around 20 of these.

And aside from this there was some unique animation done for the videogames on PS2/Gamecube, but I doubt they got those.

Don't forget the Peter Laird interviews. Not technically material from the show, but they would be a very welcome special feature.

THGhost
12-05-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm not really that bothered about bonus material. As long as we get all 7 seasons then I'll be satisfied. But if we do get something on top of that, then I'll be even more satisfied. :tcool:

k_lala
12-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Seeing how DBZ was made in blu ray it really opens the eyes on what's possible with older cartoons. I do notice the difference and I have the newest blu ray sets for DBZ. I believe it would be easier to transfer TMNT 2K3 to blu ray than DBZ, but this still would be unlikely because of the cost involved. Also the 2K3 fan base although is hardcore, really isn't that big.

On a side note, i wonder if G1 Transformers on blu ray would be possible? Transformers has a bigger fan following than DBZ.

THGhost
12-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Seeing how DBZ was made in blu ray it really opens the eyes on what's possible with older cartoons. I do notice the difference and I have the newest blu ray sets for DBZ. I believe it would be easier to transfer TMNT 2K3 to blu ray than DBZ, but this still would be unlikely because of the cost involved. Also the 2K3 fan base although is hardcore, really isn't that big.

On a side note, i wonder if G1 Transformers on blu ray would be possible? Transformers has a bigger fan following than DBZ.

You're absolutely right about DBZ showing how older show can be remastered. The 16:9 cropping and grain removal are still very questionable but the sheer quality of them cannot be denied. Remastering 2K3 TMNT would definitely be easier, but the cost as well as all the other reasons make it unlikely.

The-Shredder
12-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Wow. I can't believe people are making comparisons between TMNT 2003 and Sailor Moon, even Dragon Ball Z. Sailor Moon was produced in the 90s. TMNT 2003 was produced in the early 2000s. Now, a good comparison would be Sailor Moon and TMNT 1987. Now, that show merits a remaster. I believe Season 1 got that treatment.

If anyone has watched the show recently, they would know that the animation is slick, sharp, and crisp, besides the very rare coloring mistakes or characters looking off model. No grain, no dirt, etc. Why? Well for several reasons. Sailor Moon's Blu-ray release was botched because the original master doesn't really exist anymore and the ones who "remastered it" did a poor job at it, when previous releases arguably looked better. I am to assume the show was stored on tape.

TMNT 2003 on the other hand was produced in a different era where digital processes were and still are the backbone of animation today and storing things on tape has for the most part become obsolete. Look at all the Scooby Doo productions post 2002 before HD became mainstream or any other modern animated cartoon from back then. Do they look like they are in a need of a remaster?

The only problems that I really notice are macroblocking, and that's a result of compressing the original video to fit onto a DVD, not necessarily the fault of the source.

So, no. TMNT 2003 doesn't need a remaster at all. It just needs to be digitally encoded into a suitable format for an HD video release. That's all there is to it. :ohwell:

THGhost
12-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Wow. I can't believe people are making comparisons between TMNT 2003 and Sailor Moon, even Dragon Ball Z. Sailor Moon was produced in the 90s. TMNT 2003 was produced in the early 2000s. Now, a good comparison would be Sailor Moon and TMNT 1987. Now, that show merits a remaster. I believe Season 1 got that treatment.

If anyone has watched the show recently, they would know that the animation is slick, sharp, and crisp, besides the very rare coloring mistakes or characters looking off model. No grain, no dirt, etc. Why? Well for several reasons. Sailor Moon's Blu-ray release was botched because the original master doesn't really exist anymore and the ones who "remastered it" did a poor job at it, when previous releases arguably looked better. I am to assume the show was stored on tape.

TMNT 2003 on the other hand was produced in a different era where digital processes were and still are the backbone of animation today and storing things on tape has for the most part become obsolete. Look at all the Scooby Doo productions post 2002 before HD became mainstream or any other modern animated cartoon from back then. Do they look like they are in a need of a remaster?

The only problems that I really notice are macroblocking, and that's a result of compressing the original video to fit onto a DVD, not necessarily the fault of the source.

So, no. TMNT 2003 doesn't need a remaster at all. It just needs to be digitally encoded into a suitable format for an HD video release. That's all there is to it. :ohwell:

Give this guy a slice of pizza; he speaks the truth! :D

k_lala
12-06-2014, 08:09 AM

I agree it may not be needed but it be nice. If there's a dvd anything vs a blu Ray version. I'm taking the blu Ray, there is a difference. Not major but there is.

THGhost
12-06-2014, 09:09 PM
I agree it may not be needed but it be nice. If there's a dvd anything vs a blu Ray version. I'm taking the blu Ray, there is a difference. Not major but there is.

Depends what it is. But with 2K3 TMNT, the difference would be minimal.

shredder orokusaki
12-13-2014, 12:52 AM
Why are they doing it? Evryone who has not see the 2003 series can watch it on youtube as all the episodes are up there or download it from torrents.

Xav
12-13-2014, 05:32 AM
Because they want ratings, and you can't get them from illegal viewings.

Aaronardo
12-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Why are they doing it? Evryone who has not see the 2003 series can watch it on youtube as all the episodes are up there or download it from torrents.

They took down the episodes on YouTube and most torrent sites were taken down. (As far as I know, anyway). Plus, and this is just me, I'd much rather watch the show on TV than on my computer screen.
Anyway, they're showing commercials for it now. They're deeming it "Throwback Turtles Week", and called the 2k3 series "Turtles with a whole different spin" (which I wouldn't exactly call true...)
2k3 series is old enough to be called a throwback? xD

Redeemer
12-13-2014, 10:19 AM

Well the cartoon did air over 10 years ago

neatoman
12-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Well the cartoon did air over 10 years ago

Man that makes me feel old...

CyberCubed
12-13-2014, 12:11 PM
The 2k3 series began airing 11 years ago. Of course its retro. Back when we were in the early 2000's cartoons from the 90's were considered retro.

The-Shredder
12-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Here's a screenshot from the promo video.
http://s3.postimg.org/tziyi2opb/Throwback_Turtles_Week.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/tziyi2opb/)

It starts at around 0:32 seconds in: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/nt-holidays-your-way.html

Aaronardo
12-13-2014, 02:26 PM
lol yeah I'm having a hard time accepting that it's the 2010s now and that anything in the early 2000s is old. I must be ancient.

Sumac
12-13-2014, 02:55 PM
11 years ago. I still feel like it was just 3-4 years ago maximum and at the same time so much had happened...
Anyway, I don't consider TMNT'03 particularly old, since it ended just 5 years ago.

CyberCubed
12-13-2014, 04:33 PM
11 years ago. I still feel like it was just 3-4 years ago maximum and at the same time so much had happened...
Anyway, I don't consider TMNT'03 particularly old, since it ended just 5 years ago.

The series may have ended in 2009, but that was largely the last season and Turtles Forever. If I recall only the last two episodes of Back to the Sewers aired in 2009 since the rest of the season aired in 2008.

When people think of shows they think of them when they first started, particularly the first season back in 2003.

evan2000
12-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Here's a screenshot from the promo video.
http://s3.postimg.org/tziyi2opb/Throwback_Turtles_Week.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/tziyi2opb/)

It starts at around 0:32 seconds in: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/nt-holidays-your-way.html

So that's how the video will be formatted? Crop and stretched to widescreen? The turtles are going to look fat if that's the way it will be presented.

4:3 Snapshot from DVD:

http://i.imgur.com/mwoPfaU.jpg

16:9 Snapshot from Nicktoon's site:

http://i.imgur.com/Tk5BBkR.jpg

Davetello
12-13-2014, 05:38 PM
They took down the episodes on YouTube and most torrent sites were taken down. (As far as I know, anyway). Plus, and this is just me, I'd much rather watch the show on TV than on my computer screen.
Anyway, they're showing commercials for it now. They're deeming it "Throwback Turtles Week", and called the 2k3 series "Turtles with a whole different spin" (which I wouldn't exactly call true...)

Well, anyone who watches via youtube or torrents can easily watch on television as well. Games consoles and BR players have youtube apps, and torrent files can be saved to hard and flash drives and played by cheap media players.

I'm not condoning that or anything, I'm just saying that if you used youtube or torrents you don't have to watch via a computer.

THGhost
12-13-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if the entire series is there, but you can still watch the 2K3 series on YouTube. For some reason Nick hasn't removed every video yet.

Well, anyone who watches via youtube or torrents can easily watch on television as well. Games consoles and BR players have youtube apps, and torrent files can be saved to hard and flash drives and played by cheap media players.

I'm not condoning that or anything, I'm just saying that if you used youtube or torrents you don't have to watch via a computer.

I'm sure most of us here who love the 2K3 series and would do anything to watch it without the aid of DVDs are already very familiar with this practice. :tcool:

So that's how the video will be formatted? Crop and stretched to widescreen? The turtles are going to look fat if that's the way it will be presented.

4:3 Snapshot from DVD:

http://i.imgur.com/mwoPfaU.jpg

16:9 Snapshot from Nicktoon's site:

http://i.imgur.com/Tk5BBkR.jpg

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/b/b2/Sick.gif

Don't they realise that's not how it should be presented? :roll:

Davetello
12-13-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm sure most of us here who love the 2K3 series and would do anything to watch it without the aid of DVDs are already very familiar with this practice. :tcool:

Lol, well yes.. but the forum rules say we shouldn't promote torrent downloading, that's all I am saying here :)

THGhost
12-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Lol, well yes.. but the forum rules say we shouldn't promote torrent downloading, that's all I am saying here :)

I know, of course. We can't promote it, but we can talk about it. As long as we don't post any links. Right? :P

Davetello
12-13-2014, 08:07 PM
I know, of course. We can't promote it, but we can talk about it. As long as we don't post any links. Right? :P

Well, it's a very ambiguous thing. Even implying that you do it probably isn't fair to the technodrome, which is why many people probably try to avoid the issue altogether ;)

I only mentioned it because the other guy seems to be under the impression that anyone who downloads or uses youtube is cramped over a small monitor or laptop. I've seen people say that before so I was just setting the record straight. It's perplexing that people are still oblivious to the capabilities of media players hooked to televisions.

But yes, even for people who own the DVDs of things, torrents and youtube offer the advantages of being faster, more structured, better quality and more spatially acceptable in that many things can be housed on one physically small drive.

THGhost
12-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Well, it's a very ambiguous thing. Even implying that you do it probably isn't fair to the technodrome, which is why many people probably try to avoid the issue altogether ;)

I only mentioned it because the other guy seems to be under the impression that anyone who downloads or uses youtube is cramped over a small monitor or laptop. I've seen people say that before so I was just setting the record straight. It's perplexing that people are still oblivious to the capabilities of media players hooked to televisions.

But yes, even for people who own the DVDs of things, torrents and youtube offer the advantages of being faster, more structured, better quality and more spatially acceptable in that many things can be housed on one physically small drive.

I hear ya fellow Brit. I have my PC hooked up to my TV to watch all kinds of stuff that I either don't own on DVD/Blu-ray or just can't be bothered seeing in theatres. I also used it to watch region 1 DVDs before I bought a region free DVD player.

If Nick too in fact show the 2K3 series in widescreen, then they're dumber than I thought.

Davetello
12-13-2014, 08:22 PM
I hear ya fellow Brit. I have my PC hooked up to my TV to watch all kinds of stuff that I either don't own on DVD/Blu-ray or just can't be bothered seeing in theatres. I also used it to watch region 1 DVDs before I bought a region free DVD player.

If Nick too in fact show the 2K3 series in widescreen, then they're dumber than I thought.

Lol, well at least you're happy to just admit it, fellow Brit :). I don't say I use torrents but my comments on this site highlight that I have watched an awful lot of stuff, much of which isn't on Netflix. It would cost a fortune to buy the DVDs of all of these, so people can work it out for themselves.

I do buy all of the TMNT stuff, that has to be made clear, because TMNT is very important to me. But there are more convenient ways of watching than the DVDs :)

I used to watch region 1 DVDs on my region free player, until it broke. I will need to get a new RF player soon. I did have my computer hooked up to TV like you. But my tower only had a port for DVI, not HDMI, so it didn't carry sound. I now have a laptop so if I wanted to watch my computer files directly through my TV using laptop HDMI to TV HDMI, rather than using a media player to HDMI, I could I suppose.

The-Shredder
12-13-2014, 08:25 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/b/b2/Sick.gif

Don't they realise that's not how it should be presented? :roll:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge since Nick's video player streaming quality is based on one's Internet bandwidth, along with the fact that the video has a low bitrate, which explains why the quality looks horrible in that screenshot. Sure, it's stretched to 16:9, but it's no big deal if it's actually aired that way, and if possible, your T.V. settings can revert it back to 4:3

DevilSpooky
12-14-2014, 12:22 AM
It's perplexing that people are still oblivious to the capabilities of media players hooked to televisions.

Heck, my TV alone can do all that. I can access Youtube directly trough it and a HDD connected to it trough USB let's me watch any file I have on it.

shredder orokusaki
12-14-2014, 01:38 AM
Let see how the ratings will do compared to when it was originlay aired on 4kids. Do you think that it will have much higher ratings due to it being on Nick toons?

THGhost
12-14-2014, 10:28 AM
I do buy all of the TMNT stuff, that has to be made clear, because TMNT is very important to me. But there are more convenient ways of watching than the DVDs :)

I do too, except for the 2K3 series. Obviously. I only own the first season (US), the first half of season 3 (AU) and Turtles Forever (UK) on DVD. The rest I have digitally. I also have the entire Nick series thus far digitally, I really need to get round to buying it someday.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge since Nick's video player streaming quality is based on one's Internet bandwidth, along with the fact that the video has a low bitrate, which explains why the quality looks horrible in that screenshot. Sure, it's stretched to 16:9, but it's no big deal if it's actually aired that way, and if possible, your T.V. settings can revert it back to 4:3

I sincerely hope that's the case. But it's the principal though. Nick should know better than to stretch a 4:3 image to 16:9. Believe me, I will be changing back it to 4:3 on my TV. :P

Let see how the ratings will do compared to when it was originlay aired on 4kids. Do you think that it will have much higher ratings due to it being on Nick toons?

I honestly haven't a clue. I'd like it to have better ratings, who knows? It could happen.

Aaronardo
12-14-2014, 02:19 PM

lolno. Nicktoons at best gets 0.8 million, and on average about half that.

Warhorse
12-14-2014, 06:40 PM

Probably because execs and newcomers to TMNT via the Nick cartoon are probably coming to forums like this, hear about the 2k3 show that many TMNT fans hold in high regard, and might be curious to see it, so execs are giving the people a chance to check it out. I hope it does well enough, that maybe viewers will start to pressure the producers to turn 2012 into a more serialized show like 2k3 is, instead of the episodic BS that's going on now.

The 2k3 series began airing 11 years ago. Of course its retro. Back when we were in the early 2000's cartoons from the 90's were considered retro.

Haha, and I have a vehicle that just turned 15 years old today, and I can now get an antique tag for it!:lol:

k_lala
12-15-2014, 01:44 PM
lolno. Nicktoons at best gets 0.8 million, and on average about half that.

What were the ratings for 4Kids back in the day compared to Nick now?

THGhost
12-15-2014, 05:13 PM
What were the ratings for 4Kids back in the day compared to Nick now?

A lot smaller I'd imagine.

k_lala
12-15-2014, 06:46 PM
A lot smaller I'd imagine.

February 9,. 2008 and are ... 'Ninja Tribunals' received a 2.1 rating for Boys 6— 11

Gunpowder
12-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Anyone else have this written down on their calendar...? :tanime:

THGhost
12-15-2014, 07:19 PM
February 9,. 2008 and are ... 'Ninja Tribunals' received a 2.1 rating for Boys 6— 11

Anyone else know how to decipher this gibberish...? :tanime:

Gunpowder
12-15-2014, 07:39 PM

(shrug) No idea. I was talkin' about the OP.

Autbot_Benz
12-15-2014, 08:00 PM
i just finshed the first season on youtube its really good

TheBlueTurtle1
12-16-2014, 12:50 AM
Basically, just to sum this thread up, GIVE US A BOXSET OF DVDs/BLU-RAYS NICK. ASAP

Oh and for goodness sake release them in Europe aswell, like you DID'NT with the OT series.:x

k_lala
12-16-2014, 07:32 AM

I was responding to the question of how ratings were compared to the Nicks show.

YOUUUUU ---POINTS AT YOUUUUU!! Said, probably a lot smaller than the Nicks show which someone pointed at .8.

So i found one stat from online regarding the ninja tribunal show which pointed 2.1 for kids 6-11. I found another stat too.

New York, NY * The eagerly anticipated Saturday, February 8 debut of TEENAGE
MUTANT NINJA TURTLES has shelled out the ratings for FOX BOX, as the 4Kids
Entertainment (NYSE: KDE) Saturday morning kids network generates a powerful
3.6 rating among its targeted boys 9-14 demographic.

Get it??

BubblyShell22
12-16-2014, 03:52 PM
This is awesome to hear! I probably won't be able to watch it unless I somehow get a free trial of the channel but for those who do get it, that's great that you'll be able to watch it. It'll give fans who've never seen this series a chance to be introduced to it and fans like us who have seen the series to watch it on TV again.

THGhost
12-16-2014, 04:43 PM
I was responding to the question of how ratings were compared to the Nicks show.

YOUUUUU ---POINTS AT YOUUUUU!! Said, probably a lot smaller than the Nicks show which someone pointed at .8.

So i found one stat from online regarding the ninja tribunal show which pointed 2.1 for kids 6-11. I found another stat too.

New York, NY * The eagerly anticipated Saturday, February 8 debut of TEENAGE
MUTANT NINJA TURTLES has shelled out the ratings for FOX BOX, as the 4Kids
Entertainment (NYSE: KDE) Saturday morning kids network generates a powerful
3.6 rating among its targeted boys 9-14 demographic.

Get it??

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2554/4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
12-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Now, if only one day we can get something like this:

http://www.covertr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43783&thumb=1&d=1386340618

MikeandRaph87
12-16-2014, 07:14 PM

I WANT THAT NOW! I still don't have season 3, half of 4, and season 7 because of lack of proper releases. Is that the Australian release? How would it play on a Region 1 DVD/VCR player?

Nick's cartoon is much more successful with merchandise but likely lacks in ratings when compared to the 2003 cartoon. Just and educated guess.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
12-16-2014, 07:37 PM
I WANT THAT NOW! I still don't have season 3, half of 4, and season 7 because of lack of proper releases. Is that the Australian release? How would it play on a Region 1 DVD/VCR player?

It's a Custom Made Art that a fan did...so no. Unfortunately it's not real. I wish, though.

CyberCubed
12-16-2014, 08:50 PM
A release like that would be perfect, along with seperate season set releases for people who can't afford to buy the whole series in one go.

Also hope they would remember to include all the shorts and bonus stuff, like the Season 1-4 character bio's (with all new animation), the shorts, and Peach Nova comedy shorts, and "Monsters from Mutant Mayhem Island" from Season 7.

Warhorse
12-16-2014, 09:04 PM

That's more than what TMNT is getting on Nick now, right?

tmntpower1988
12-16-2014, 09:40 PM

I seen that custom art a while back, I had the same thoughts. Looks great, I hope that if we do get a 2k3 re-release that the cover art looks similar to this. One can only dream eh lol

FoxBoxKid
12-16-2014, 11:30 PM
I'd prefer it if Back to the Sewer and Fast Forward were released separately on DVD.

CyberCubed
12-17-2014, 01:13 AM
I'd prefer it if Back to the Sewer and Fast Forward were released separately on DVD.

If they do a full series set everything should come together. I'm sure they'll release the seasons seperately anyway.

Gunpowder
12-17-2014, 01:54 AM

That'd be pretty sweet. You had me thinkin' that was real for a second.

evan2000
12-17-2014, 02:03 AM

While they're at it, Blu-ray please! :thyper:

FoxBoxKid
12-17-2014, 06:02 AM
If they do a full series set everything should come together. I'm sure they'll release the seasons seperately anyway.

I want seasons 1-5 in a boxset without season 6 or 7. In my mind, the Turtles had several months of downtime between turning into dragons and meeting their counterparts. They never got stuck in the future, and they certainly never entered the Internet.

evan2000
12-17-2014, 06:26 AM
I want seasons 1-5 in a boxset without season 6 or 7. In my mind, the Turtles had several months of downtime between turning into dragons and meeting their counterparts. They never got stuck in the future, and they certainly never entered the Internet.

I don't see why they would only make season 1-5 without 6-7 just because of your personal fanon, which by the way isn't even shared by many of us here.

Besides, you couldn't leave out FF/BTTS and leave Turtles Forever in. All of TF's designs (turtles, Splinter, April, Casey, lair, vehicle etc.) were taken straight from FF/BTTS.

DarthRaphael
12-17-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm going to have to record and watch this. I never got around to finishing the series and haven't found any other 'resources' to watch it yet. I wonder what my little turtle fan at home will think of this version compared to the current one.

From someone who used to encode and share this series until I had no free time to continue doing so after my first daughter was born, I'd love to get this series as a boxed set. :tgrin:

THGhost
12-17-2014, 08:23 AM

About time someone made something like this. :P

While they're at it, Blu-ray please! :thyper:

Don't hold your breath! :lol:

CyberCubed
12-17-2014, 02:24 PM

So because you don't like those seasons they shouldn't be included with the others? Fast Forward had tons of great episodes, and while BTTS was the weakest season there were still a few gems in there.

Also your personal fanon doesn't determine what is canon.

k_lala
12-17-2014, 02:59 PM
For that fan made box set, on the sides of the panels I would have this.

(This is just the small face feature on the sides)
Season 1) Raph because he's the man :)
Season 2) Mikey because of the battle nexus tournament
Season 3) Don because of the popular episode Same as it never was
Season 4) Leo because it focused a lot on him and his personal growth
Season 5) Demon Shredder (Ninja Tribunal Season)

Season 6 (FF): Cody Jones (Was that his name? Totally forgot).
Season 7 (BTTS): Splinter
The Movie: Utrom Shredder

evan2000
12-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Don't hold your breath! :lol:

If they are not going to make a Blu-ray version, I'm going to make one myself! With blackjack! And hookers!

Oh wait, I did...

W-jFAj3AQBM

THGhost
12-17-2014, 08:44 PM
If they ever did release a Blu-ray, it should be in 4:3. There's no substitute.

BubblyShell22
12-18-2014, 08:45 AM

I'm pretty much with you on pretending those seasons never happened, but to be fair, it wouldn't be right not to include them even if you and I didn't like them. We could always just skip those episodes and just watch up to season five.

THGhost
12-18-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty much with you on pretending those seasons never happened, but to be fair, it wouldn't be right not to include them even if you and I didn't like them. We could always just skip those episodes and just watch up to season five.

Sell them onto someone else who'd want them. :D

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
12-18-2014, 11:15 AM

I will maintain that Season 6 & 7 are still Ten Times better than the new movie.

Turtle Park
12-18-2014, 11:26 AM
If they are not going to make a Blu-ray version, I'm going to make one myself! With blackjack! And hookers!

Oh wait, I did...

W-jFAj3AQBM

Wow!
How did you do that?
Well...it seems a little wired for 2k3 TMNT in HD.(Maybe I just get used to watch it in SD)But still awesome!

k_lala
12-18-2014, 12:08 PM

Exactly how I feel!

k_lala
12-18-2014, 12:09 PM
I will maintain that Season 6 & 7 are still Ten Times better than the new movie.

You might be the only person who feels that way.

k_lala
12-18-2014, 12:10 PM

He can sell them to cyber and bubbly

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
12-18-2014, 12:19 PM

At least Seasons 6 & 7 star the Ninja Turtles and not April. And at least the family actually have some bonding, unlike the new movie. And at least the Turtles do Martial Arts and has tons of action, while the new movie was just 'they went down a hill.' And it didn't have boner/fart jokes.

So yeah, if I'm 'the only one' that enjoy stuff that actually Star the Turtles and have all the stuff up above...then I will Never understand the audience of TMNT.

CyberCubed
12-18-2014, 12:48 PM
People who purposely skip over the last two seasons make me laugh. Fast Forward has some of the best villains of the series and some great action scenes. If it weren't for the change in animation and some of the catch phrases it would have been just as good as the first 5 seasons.

BTTS was the only truly weak season of the show, but even then it still has some good episodes.

k_lala
12-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Fast Forward wasn't bad, I thought the first few half of the season was okay. I just had to get use to the adjustment of what the shows tone was from 1 - 5. Honestly i be more okay with FF and BTTS if they just weren't considered canon, especially BTTS.

k_lala
12-18-2014, 02:14 PM
At least Seasons 6 & 7 star the Ninja Turtles and not April. And at least the family actually have some bonding, unlike the new movie. And at least the Turtles do Martial Arts and has tons of action, while the new movie was just 'they went down a hill.' And it didn't have boner/fart jokes.

So yeah, if I'm 'the only one' that enjoy stuff that actually Star the Turtles and have all the stuff up above...then I will Never understand the audience of TMNT.

The action in FF and BTTS went downhill after season 5. The choreography, action, fight scenes were all lame. That was one of my biggest beefs with those 2 seasons. Also your comparing a movie to a season where you can develop bonding, character development, etc. I enjoyed the movie, Seasons 6 - 7 I turn my head and wish it never was made.

EDIT, when you say NEW MOVIE, are you talking about Turtles Forever or the Movie in theaters recently (Michael Bay)???? I was referring to Turtles Forever, since this is a 4Kids forum. Because if your talking about the Michael Bay film then ok I agree.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
12-18-2014, 02:18 PM
EDIT, when you say NEW MOVIE, are you talking about Turtles Forever or the Movie in theaters recently???? I was referring to Turtles Forever, since this is a 4Kids forum.

I was talking about the new film produced by Michael Bay. I loved Turtles Forever and I'd agree that it was better than Season 5 & 6.

And the reason I mentioned that was because folks still Bash the 2003 cartoon and yet the new Bay-produced flick gets a pass from some folks (which I know it's their opinion but I don't get it).

Birdman37
12-18-2014, 02:23 PM
I hated Fast Forward and liked the Bay movie *shrug*

Never saw Back to the Sewers but I loved the first five seasons of the show so I guess Ill check it out eventually. Hope they release the whole series on DVD or Blu Ray at some point.

CyberCubed
12-18-2014, 02:40 PM
What's the difference between FF and Turtles in Space or any arc where the Turtles go to another planet/dimension/future? Watch the first episode where the Turtles are on D'hoonib with Fugitoid in Season 2...that episode was exactly the same as a FF episode with aliens everywhere just with better animation.

If FF had the same animation and didn't have some catch phrase it would hardly be any different.

ABrown
12-18-2014, 03:04 PM
The Fast Forward/Back To The Sewer seasons of the 4Kids series reminds me a lot of when Batman: The Animated Series was revamped as The New Batman Adventures.

pennydreadful
12-18-2014, 03:08 PM

I can assure you - he's not. I feel the same way.

Aaronardo
12-18-2014, 03:29 PM
now, if only one day we can get something like this:

NICK, GIB US DIS
NAO

The Fast Forward/Back To The Sewer seasons of the 4Kids series reminds me a lot of when Batman: The Animated Series was revamped as The New Batman Adventures.

Except The New Batman Adventures was as good as The Animated Series and kept the same tone, as opposed to the change to Fast Forward.

Fjaj
12-18-2014, 04:53 PM
My main problem with FF was the lack of plot arcs. I believe that is what caused me to get bored of it and stop watching it as a kid, and at that point I neither noticed the animation change nor cared about catchphrases.

ABrown
12-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Except The New Batman Adventures was as good as The Animated Series and kept the same tone, as opposed to the change to Fast Forward.

I guess. I've always felt that TNBA had a lighter tone than the BTAS episodes. Though it wasn't as much of a difference as Fast Forward to the first five seasons of the 4Kids series. I actually think that FF was pretty much just as good as the first five seasons of the 4Kids series. It had a lighter tone, but I really came to enjoy FF once I finally got to see the Ninja Tribunal season that it took the place of.

My main problem with FF was the lack of plot arcs. I believe that is what caused me to get bored of it and stop watching it as a kid, and at that point I neither noticed the animation change nor cared about catchphrases.

Lack of plot arcs? FF was for the most part one major plot arc, with a few minor plot arcs throne in.

Fjaj
12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Lack of plot arcs? FF was for the most part one major plot arc, with a few minor plot arcs throne in.

It was one situation, but there was no overarching plot. When they finally did get out of if it, it was done at the beginning of one episode. If they actually made progress towards getting back in some episodes then it would have had a plot arc, but instead them getting back was a recurring theme and was solved instantly in a few minutes. None of the return attempts they made gave them progress whatsoever.

k_lala
12-18-2014, 05:49 PM
I was talking about the new film produced by Michael Bay. I loved Turtles Forever and I'd agree that it was better than Season 5 & 6.

And the reason I mentioned that was because folks still Bash the 2003 cartoon and yet the new Bay-produced flick gets a pass from some folks (which I know it's their opinion but I don't get it).

Yeah we agree, for whatever reason when u said new movie my head went to Turtles Forever

k_lala
12-18-2014, 05:50 PM
I can assure you - he's not. I feel the same way.

I was confused on what he meant see thread.

pennydreadful
12-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Ah, no worries dude - tis all good. :)

evan2000
12-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Wow!
How did you do that?
Well...it seems a little wired for 2k3 TMNT in HD.(Maybe I just get used to watch it in SD)But still awesome!

Just lots and lots of blood, sweat and tears :trazz:

Seriously though, several image upscaling tools coupled with some video editing skills (and a whole lot of my time). Thanks for appreciating it! :tlove:

It was one situation, but there was no overarching plot. When they finally did get out of if it, it was done at the beginning of one episode. If they actually made progress towards getting back in some episodes then it would have had a plot arc, but instead them getting back was a recurring theme and was solved instantly in a few minutes. None of the return attempts they made gave them progress whatsoever.

Actually there were subtle hints of progress being made to repair the time portal from time to time, and "need to get parts for repair" has been a recurring plot-device to get the turtles into so many adventures in FF. They were pretty close to returning home in Timing is Everything, although it didn't happen at the end. I guess the writers weren't exactly in a hurry to make forward progress because there was a planned 2nd season of FF at the time, but was cancelled halfway through production and replaced with BTTS, thus resulting in the sudden gear shift to get them home in just one episode. Some of the completed work from the planned FF season 2 (Something Wicked, The Incredible Shrinking Serling and City Under Siege) were in fact shoehorned into BTTS later on.

BubblyShell22
12-19-2014, 08:49 AM

No, I wouldn't buy them at all but if they came in the set, I'd just not watch those DVDs and watch the others.

He can sell them to cyber and bubbly

And then I'd burn them.

People who purposely skip over the last two seasons make me laugh. Fast Forward has some of the best villains of the series and some great action scenes. If it weren't for the change in animation and some of the catch phrases it would have been just as good as the first 5 seasons.

BTTS was the only truly weak season of the show, but even then it still has some good episodes.

No, they don't have the best villains. Those villain were mediocre at best and could have been much better than they were. All of it was flawed which is why I pretty much maintain that both season were a nightmare and nothing more.

THGhost
12-19-2014, 09:00 AM
k_lala, do please to try to contain all of your comments into one single post.

No, I wouldn't buy them at all but if they came in the set, I'd just not watch those DVDs and watch the others.

And then I'd burn them.

I wouldn't blame you. :P

BubblyShell22
12-19-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm glad we can agree on something.

pharaohyami5000
12-20-2014, 10:46 AM
I personally enjoyed Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. Not as much as the first 5, but I don't feel these last 2 seasons downgrade as much as I feared.

FF, I would have loved for it to expand more on the universe and characters. BttS, I prefer it not to rush so quickly to the end. But as it is, I've witnessed the Classic TMNT from start to end, so these are fine. They've done what they could do with the sudden time limit.

2k3 on Nicktoons. Any chance their online site can show them as well, to raise more interest to the show?

The-Shredder
12-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Here's a new promo!

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/throwback-turtles-week.html

TheCanadiandrome
12-20-2014, 03:49 PM
damn i hope we gets this in Canada

evan2000
12-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Here's a new promo!

http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/throwback-turtles-week.html

http://i.imgur.com/fZLahNi.jpg

Somehow they knew how to display the 16:9 parts in the correct aspect ratio by cropping the black bars. However the 4:3 parts are still horizontally stretched to fill the screen.

THGhost
12-21-2014, 03:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fZLahNi.jpg

Somehow they knew how to display the 16:9 parts in the correct aspect ratio by cropping the black bars. However the 4:3 parts are still horizontally stretched to fill the screen.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/sick-puking-smiley-emoticon.gif

evan2000
12-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Believe me, I will be changing back it to 4:3 on my TV. :P

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/sick-puking-smiley-emoticon.gif

I know right, now if you set your TV settings to 4:3, the turtles will look squashed (ie. tall and slim) in these actual 16:9 scenes! Don't you just love inconsistent aspect ratios? :tlol:

Punker Don
12-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Found out about this just a little while ago. Very much looking forward to this tonight. :tgrin:

Just curious, does anyone think this could lead to the '87 series getting back on the air as well one day?

TheSkeletonMan939
12-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Found out about this just a little while ago. Very much looking forward to this tonight. :tgrin:

Just curious, does anyone think this could lead to the '87 series getting back on the air as well one day?

From what I understand, Nick bought all the rights to the 4Kids series, and has no control over the '87 series.

MikeandRaph87
12-22-2014, 09:45 AM
From what I understand, Nick bought all the rights to the 4Kids series, and has no control over the '87 series.

CBS a sister subsidiary of Nickelodeon has the airing rights to the 1987 cartoon so its definitely a possibility. The DVD rights remain with Family Home Entertainment which was swallowed up early in its DVD release run by Lionsgate.

neatoman
12-22-2014, 10:17 AM
CBS a sister subsidiary of Nickelodeon has the airing rights to the 1987 cartoon so its definitely a possibility. The DVD rights remain with Family Home Entertainment which was swallowed up early in its DVD release run by Lionsgate.

I thought CBS split from Viacom, let me check here...

Yup, CBS and Viacom are now separate entities.

Donnieangelo
12-22-2014, 12:17 PM
damn i hope we gets this in Canada
Probably not.

Punker Don
12-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Huh. I always thought Nick got the rights to the whole of TMNT. But I guess that makes sense, as I know Mirage didn't have any control over the OT or its distribution. This also explains why the 90s movies keep airing on The Hub/ Discovery Kids and not Nickelodeon.

I thought CBS split from Viacom, let me check here...

Yup, CBS and Viacom are now separate entities.
neatoman's right. Looks like CBS hasn't been a part of Viacom since 2005.
So... it maybe not never be aired on TV again? Got it.

Aaronardo
12-22-2014, 02:16 PM
But it is a possibility. It's A SpongeBob Christmas did air on CBS before it aired on Nick after all, and that was in 2012.

Allio
12-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Wow, was actually expecting it forced into widescreen like the promos

ABrown
12-22-2014, 08:34 PM
It's like I died and went to turtle heaven. I am really loving the first night of this 4Kids series marathon. I just loved this series so much more than the Nickelodeon series. Thank you Nick Toons for the early Christmas present.

turtlefanforever
12-22-2014, 09:37 PM
I just noticed this now. Hell yeah!

The Turtle Terminator
12-23-2014, 02:25 AM
Any chance of this on Nicktoons UK?

evan2000
12-23-2014, 03:33 AM
So, those of you who were able to watch it live, did the aspect ratio remained as 4:3 or stretched to 16:9 widescreen? Anyone recorded it?

Powder
12-23-2014, 03:46 AM
It was standard, not forced widescreen.

raph27
12-23-2014, 06:53 AM
Recorded all of it, only watched 3 episodes so far. I'm starting to see why people like this show so much.

turtlefanforever
12-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Recorded all of it, only watched 3 episodes so far. I'm starting to see why people like this show so much.

This shows awesome, and it only gets better!! :tgrin:

Aaronardo
12-23-2014, 02:11 PM
lol They dubbed the show as "The Missing Link" between the OT and the Nick Toon and the "Throwbacus Turtilus Show" :P

Ninja Tiptup
12-23-2014, 02:25 PM
If you guys haven't heard, they are posting episodes on Nick.com as well. 1-8 are currently streaming.

http://at.nick.com/1vanej0

THGhost
12-23-2014, 06:51 PM
So, those of you who were able to watch it live, did the aspect ratio remained as 4:3 or stretched to 16:9 widescreen? Anyone recorded it?

It was standard, not forced widescreen.

2K3 fans rejoice! :rolling: